Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    It's wasted. Next time get the character the official and right way

The official and right way is receiving the needed shards from CG, like what just happened. Get off your high horse you pompous ****. Many of us didn’t realize it was a bug before gearing him up and upgrading his relic.
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    xky8fc4c4pc5.gif

>me when CG let’s us keep 150 shards and everyone else wasn’t able to get it after the hotfix
  • Options
    Relics - cash grab, GAS - cash grab. Leave the Malak event long enough for people to get shards, not our fault it's a 'bug'. Cause outrage all round, lose more players. Kill the game off. Great plan CG
  • Options
    CG: It's unanimous - give all accounts that had 7 star Malaks prior to this event starting this time - 57K GET. Turn off the ability to get more shards right away. Fixed. Some prospered - nobody but CG took a hit because it was...CGs fault.
  • Options
    Yes, I was one of the players to bring my Malak today to 7stars which is awesome but now I see the post from the Devs saying you're taking away the shards?! Because I was able to bring him to 7 stars today I spent my saved GET's on gear for him so now was that all a waste too? Did I just lose my GET's because you all decided to take the Malak shards away? Not cool at all! I fully expect a refund on my GET's. I love this game and this is the first time something the game/ devs have done to upset and many of our guild mates as well!
  • Options
    How could they possibly take away the shards without screwing everything up? I spent my entire hoard of crystals to G12 Malak this morning after I got him to 7* (only needed 85 more, so had previously spent GET on him). Then i found out this is a screw up by CG... is it even possible to refund all the crystals spent? how will they figure that out for each person?
  • Options
    Loving the people, whom are basically admitting to being stupid... Don't try mug me off with this, I didn't know it wasn't a bug nonsense.

Ignorance is not an excuse, anyone with a brain would know a 5 star unlocked character which requires get1 or get2 will not be given away like this with no prior announcement of it.

Give them a refund of the gear used and feel lucky if you got the bonus 2250 shard store currency.

Just because there's a bug, doesn't give people the right to take advantage if it and not expect if they throw gear at it too potentially lose out. I'd rather this type of player quit the game, than the many who will feel wronged allowing this to stand.

I'm waiting for people to say that since malak can basically be 7 starred in two events that Galactic Bounties should now award 145 shards for every clear so they can 7 star Wampa without having to sacrifice Geo TB.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    I've spent all my currency on gear now. 9k of it.

Start crying
  • Options
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Lanbo wrote: »
    The easiest fix for this is to leave it alone and let people keep what happened. Then refund GET1 for any shards over 7*. Let's people keep what they got and even makes people that already had 7* Malak happy because they get their GET1 back.

This is the most logical and fair things to do. It doesn't fix the issue for those who unlocked Malak without having the requirements for one or the other side, or for not being able to beat one or the other side.

Logic doesn’t seem a strong suit... if they don’t handle this well, I’m sure a lot of people will stop playing or at least stop the money flow.
  • Options
    Both Visa and Mastercard willing to dispute claims of purchase when customers haven't received what they have paid for. Let us keep our progress in the game or refund all in real money. What will be easiest and most financially smart for CG?
  • Options
    blah blah blah blah

CG had every opportunity to have the events start 12 hours earlier on their test server to discover issues like this, they also had every opportunity to have someone at the controls when the event went live and immediately pull it down if it was 'bugged'. They have still left the event live. This is on them, not the players. Blaming players is just illogical on every front.
  • Options
    I don't understand comparing it too the ewok or talzin events. As talzin and wicket are not guild event token exclusives and 100% free to plau farmable. It's not a small margin 50k+ tokens.

I genuinely hope you get your gear back. But I'm not buying the fact you're good enough to complete the Malak event and not have a sound swgoh logic and understanding of the way CG operate. Please give me an example of precedent set, of a such generosity to the equivelent of 150 super premium shards being given away.
  • Options
    Both Visa and Mastercard willing to dispute claims of purchase when customers haven't received what they have paid for. Let us keep our progress in the game or refund all in real money. What will be easiest and most financially smart for CG?

Exactly!

If they do rollback the server, they will have to refund my money I spent on G12 packs and Relic materials. Anything less than that will result in disputing the payment with my credit card company.

Everyone who is in a similar boat should be ready to do the same. If CG is going to be like this than they can deal with thousands of credit card dispute claims. That will be another fun day at their offices.
  • Options
    Was about to upgrade all of his mods to 6E when i came on the forums. glad I waited now, how would they roll my mods back? just take them away?
  • Options

This is a good point
  • Options

The official and right way is receiving the needed shards from CG, like what just happened. Get off your high horse you pompous ****. Many of us didn’t realize it was a bug before gearing him up and upgrading his relic.

Then use your brain to see the obvious next time. How bout that dude

This is the 3rd round of Malak. There weren't shard bugs on the 2nd run, why wouldnt folks assume this was on purpose.?
  • Options
    If you talk about taking their money they will edit your post or ban you from the forums.
    Been there - done that. :D
  • Options
    Well, I can return the extra 150 shards. What about my extra efforts? time? Mods changing? even set a new Zeta?
    That's ridiculous!
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I remember like 5-6 months ago Ghosts of Dathomir tier had a same situation like this, it gave me 20 ish shards of NS zombie or spirit i don't remember. From 1 completition, it counted like the "first time".
    Where were CG then, why didn't they take away my "extra" shards?
  • Options

Then use your brain to see the obvious next time. How bout that dude

This is the 3rd round of Malak. There weren't shard bugs on the 2nd run, why wouldnt folks assume this was on purpose.?

Why would they is the real question. Didn't happen last time, why would it be on purpose now? Have legendaries ever granted extra shards? Journeys? No.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Lanbo wrote: »
    And before someone says this is a bug and everyone should have known it was a bug and so they shouldn't have done it, I'm going to call **** on that. CG has never been great at communication. While it is certainly unlikely that CG would have done this intentionally because it doesn't benefit them, it is an event and it is perfectly logical to think that they made it like other events where you can get the same rewards again. It's not a legendary journey. You get shards and zetas every time you do the Ewok event and the Dathomir event. I can certainly see how some people would have assumed this change was on purpose. Especially since this is literally the only "epic confrontation" that has run more than once. It's not unthinkable that they would change it to allow people to obtain 7* Malak this way, especially since people now have to save and spend those on General Skywalker. Again, it's totally out of the norm for CG to help players out in this way, but it's not unthinkable so also not a reason for everyone to assume it's a bug.

You knew. We know you knew.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    GJO wrote: »
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    I've spent all my currency on gear now. 9k of it.

Start crying

I have. Quit time if I'm further behind than when I started
  • Options
    It was clearly a bug....if you exploited it and rushed to put gear on Malak afterwards, then that wasn't very wise.
  • Options
    PSUIVERSON wrote: »
    CG: It's unanimous - give all accounts that had 7 star Malaks prior to this event starting this time - 57K GET. Turn off the ability to get more shards right away. Fixed. Some prospered - nobody but CG took a hit because it was...CGs fault.

So wait, I'm all for a fair solution, but let's hand those who had Malak a 7* GAS too?

How about this - let them keep all the free shard shop currency/gear they just got and let them keep all the crystals/raid rewards/TW and TB rewards they've gotten for having 7* Malak all this time?

Honestly, I think the "fairest" thing is just to let everyone keep what they've got. In fact, leave the event open as is so as not to punish people who live in different time zones and let them snag the shards if they can to.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Can CG confirm how they will deal with this?. If we've spent cash on G13 or G12 Malak today are they going to issue refunds (not remove gear).

People pay to get it now, if they are six months away from GET to 7* that is ample time to grind the gear.

This appears to be a clear case for requesting refunds via the credit card company or Apple if money is not refunded & gear is simply put back into inventory.
  • Options
    Well, I can return the extra 150 shards. What about my extra efforts? time? Mods changing? even set a new Zeta?
    That's ridiculous!
    You'll probably get apologems.

If you're far enough in the game to do the Malak event and committed enough to go through with that effort and remodding then you are informed enough to know something was up. You knew full well you probably wouldn't keep your ill-gotten gains. Stop pretending to be offended.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    And what if I maxed him and g12 him right away? Will they remove the shards, the gear and the shards from the shard shop?