Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    JZ95 wrote: »
    Resource management bro, next time have more patience before you invest your resources

Not how these events work
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    They could ban some people.
    Have fun in fear till they comment on it

I'm not afraid, there's no way they ban anyone, it's not player's fault

It's an obvious bug...
    You took advantage of it and that is always an banable offense

How is it an obvious bug? Please explain. This event is one of a kind it's not a legendary, as far as I'm concerned it can give 150 shards whenever it returns, there's no precedence so everything is on the table.

It's know the 3rd time the event returns...
    It's an 5star unlock and follows up with get1 shards...
    Isn't this obvious enough for you.
    You may do the event, because of fun. Then you see 75 shards and you should stop. After that there is knowledge about something that isn't right.
    Doing both sides is absolutely exploiting the bug

I can't be inside the devs head. As far as I'm concerned these bugs never happened before, it's more likely they changed their mind due to GAS than a bug, especially in the eyes of someone who doesn't read forums.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

At the start it was clear you got shards ONCE, and had to finish it from GET. If they had said 6 months ago you could either finish from GET or wait for the event to return, I think most people would have waited. As is, they bait and switched people who unlocked the first time around.

What about people who opened Malak on 2nd attempt. They also hoard lots of GET and spent it

• Options
    What's there to complain about? This is a resource management game and you invested your resources the wrong way. Maybe you should be more patient and wait for the event to come around again. If you can't manage your resources and get trigger happy, they can go to waste.

I got him on 2nd run through. Hoarded currency after announcement of first event. I don’t seem to recall extra shards being awarded on second run through for players who already had him. Safe to assume then that GET was the only way.
  • Rosstheboss89
    373 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I will never spend another penny again on this game.
    Malak cost a fortune for most to unlock, we then saved 57k GET which we could of spent on gear to 7 star him.

Also many spent a fortune to get GAS, which we need another 57k GET to unlock, those who had saved those GET for malak will now get a free pass on 7* GAS.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

It's an obvious bug...

How is it an obvious bug? Please explain. This event is one of a kind it's not a legendary, as far as I'm concerned it can give 150 shards whenever it returns, there's no precedence so everything is on the table.

You've posted in a few threads so hopefully this clears things up.
    Thats not how it works.
    This event isn't supposed to award shards upon return for those who have already completed it, so yes this is wrong.
    There is no question about this, the event is wrong, or CG is attempting to mitigate the GAS concerns held by the playerbase.

Let's do it mathematically and take a probablistic approach. Say you don't read the forums or Reddit, after all a player should not be obligated to do so just to play the game.

So if we look at the amount of events that gave shards twice there are none, however this event is the first of it's kind, actually the second but GAS has only made one appearance. This means there's no sample size, you have to compare it to legendaries. So yes it's unlikely that they would just give shards all over again, but this is the first event of it's kind. Similarly, how many times has a bug taken place that's given improper rewards? Well it never has, so it's more probable that it was intentional for this type of event. Maybe not by much but definitely more probable.
  • Options

It's an obvious bug...

Thats not how it works.
    This event isn't supposed to award shards upon return for those who have already completed it, so yes this is wrong.
    There is no question about this, the event is wrong, or CG is attempting to mitigate the GAS concerns held by the playerbase.

Let's do it mathematically and take a probablistic approach. Say you don't read the forums or Reddit, after all a player should not be obligated to do so just to play the game.

So if we look at the amount of events that gave shards twice there are none, however this event is the first of it's kind, actually the second but GAS has only made one appearance. This means there's no sample size, you have to compare it to legendaries. So yes it's unlikely that they would just give shards all over again, but this is the first event of it's kind. Similarly, how many times has a bug taken place that's given improper rewards? Well it never has, so it's more probable that it was intentional for this type of event. Maybe not by much but definitely more probable.

Just calm down there fulla, this is the third coming of this event, thw second one didnt award shards and that was 100% intentional.
    I dont need a sample size for anything here.
    This 3rd event awarding shards depreciates the value of all shards bought with GET currency. There is no debate there. The only conversation we can have after that is that metas always change and that 57GET now isn't worth the same as 57GET then in respect to the crystal value yielded by the character bought through said currency.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options

It's an obvious bug...

It's know the 3rd time the event returns...
    It's an 5star unlock and follows up with get1 shards...
    Isn't this obvious enough for you.
    You may do the event, because of fun. Then you see 75 shards and you should stop. After that there is knowledge about something that isn't right.
    Doing both sides is absolutely exploiting the bug

I can't be inside the devs head. As far as I'm concerned these bugs never happened before, it's more likely they changed their mind due to GAS than a bug, especially in the eyes of someone who doesn't read forums.

That's what people say that exploit bugs..
    They did say something about resetting the titles so you don't see them if they aren't available. That thing probably wines the full event progress people made.
    There is still no excuse if they would ban you or others...

Well you have your own presuppositions that are hard wired in your brain and cloud your judgement. You've seen this happen before in other games, you read the forums and participate in discussions. You really need to put yourself in the shoes of people who don't do that. Maybe it's the first game they ever played. Maybe they aren't even aware bugs and exploits exist! (Yes that's a thing), there was a time I legitimately and genuinely couldn't tell a bug/exploit from something legit and I know it for a fact because I know what's in my head.

One innocent man in jail is worse than 10 guilty men free. You need to see where the fault lies, definitely not with the players.
  • Options
    Lol, why They ever ban people for playing an event.
  • Options
    You get 150 malak shards for shard shop currency! Wait....

Come to think of this, I am a bit miffed. I got my malak to 7 stars using GET. Those who haven't done that yet won't need to use GET like I did.

CG can never win. I guess they could if they didn't start with stupid moves like 5 star unlocks for OP toons.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Playing a mission isn’t a an offense that can get banned. Hacking/using cheat codes will

Read the ToS...
    Exploiting bugs can get you banned.
    This is a bug.
    The OP did the second mission after knowing about the extra shards that never happened before... to get Malak to 7*.

That's assuming you know it's a bug. How can you know it's a bug in the first place?
  • Options
    Problem is since relics 5* is not OP, it’s completely obsolete. 5* anakin doesn’t have any use at all, maybe a tier 3 GAC character at best.

57k GET wasted, and as compensation we get 2500 odd shard shop currency.

Completely robbed and let down, I will be seeking a refund, if I can find out how to do it for my GAS spend.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options

It's an obvious bug...

Thats not how it works.

Just calm down there fulla, this is the third coming of this event, thw second one didnt award shards and that was 100% intentional.
    This 3rd event awarding shards depreciates the value of all shards bought with GET currency. There is no debate there. The only conversation we can have after that is that metas always change and that 57GET now isn't worth the same as 57GET then in respect to the crystal value yielded by the character bought through said currency.

For those of us who were locked out of the first event, the second time was our first time. Therefore we couldn't have possibly known if the event rewarded shards or not.

Remember this is a game that underage people play, people who don't even have access to in game chat.
  • Options
    Playing a mission isn’t a an offense that can get banned. Hacking/using cheat codes will

Read the ToS...
    This is a bug.
    The OP did the second mission after knowing about the extra shards that never happened before... to get Malak to 7*.

Who says its a bug?
    There is no set cadence for epic confrontations.
    No one will be banned for this, I'd put 100 vaults on it.
    This could far more likely be an attempt by CG to help stop people take issue with GAS shards being in the GET1 store
  • Options
    I can’t even think that this is intentional. Actually, tons of people that did not have malak 7* can now stack GET1 to 7* GAS when it returns. It’s not really cool for those who get GAS right now and they can’t use it in arena because 5* is not even able to kill DR malak. Now, all malak 5 or 6* going instantly to 7* will just place sith empire team for the top 500 until the next new meta or the next 7* GAS. The problem is that it will happen at the same time when the event comeback. I’m sure they will fix it....
  • Options

Read the ToS...
    This is a bug.
    They are not going to ban all the people that replayed both parts because they can probably close the doors the minute after that.

Better start thinking about those GET refunds instead of removing a considerable percent of the player base.
  • ChedlinkCheese
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It's mad
  • Options

It's an obvious bug...

Thats not how it works.

For those of us who were locked out of the first event, the second time was our first time. Therefore we couldn't have possibly known if the event rewarded shards or not.

Remember this is a game that underage people play, people who don't even have access to in game chat.

If you don't know something, then you cant then proceed to present things with certainty, which is exactly what yoy have done.
    You can either walk back your claims of 'no sample size' and 'reasource management' about events you aren't farmiliar with or you can double down and keep telling your tall tales
  • Options
    I was too lazy to do the maths, I’ve obviously just copied someone else who was wrong as well 😂
    180 shards * 380 GET = 68,400. Why is this 57k comment all over the place?

• JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options

Read the ToS...
    This is a bug.

That's assuming you know it's a bug. How can you know it's a bug in the first place?

It even says "first time".
    That in fact means you get that reward only once.

There are people who:
    1. Can't read (look up illiteracy in the US, you'll be shocked)
    2. Have no patience and click on things too fast before they read anything or check the rewards tab
    3. don't speak good English

Also you're interpreting it as first time ever, the event is playable up to five times so "first time" can mean the first attempt, and not all 5. You really need to start thinking how other people think and forget how you think in order to be able to speak for them. :smile:
  • Options
    It's not like the event gives shards everytime you beat Malak and he exploited it to get a million shard store currency. THAT would be an obvious bug.
    This is CG's problem, they have to compensate earlier unlockers.
    Otherwise they would probably have to ban most of their playerbase and I'm sure as hell they absolutely can't afford that.
  • Options

Read the ToS...
    This is a bug.
    They are not going to ban all the people that replayed both parts because they can probably close the doors the minute after that.

Better start thinking about those GET refunds instead of removing a considerable percent of the player base.

I am not saying they should, only that they could.
    I take get1 compensation all day
    I think 'could' is not a possibility at this point, unless they do it selectively. Several players that account for a good portion of their monthly budget have already replayed it just for the shard currency. That's what I meant by closing the doors.