Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I was too lazy to do the maths, I’ve obviously just copied someone else who was wrong as well 😂
    180 shards * 380 GET = 68,400. Why is this 57k comment all over the place?

Nah that's my bad, 180 to 7* is 68,400, the 150 people are getting for free is 57,000.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    JZ95 wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    They could ban some people.
    Have fun in fear till they comment on it

I'm not afraid, there's no way they ban anyone, it's not player's fault

It's an obvious bug...
    You took advantage of it and that is always an banable offense

How is it an obvious bug? Please explain. This event is one of a kind it's not a legendary, as far as I'm concerned it can give 150 shards whenever it returns, there's no precedence so everything is on the table.

You've posted in a few threads so hopefully this clears things up.
    Thats not how it works.
    This event isn't supposed to award shards upon return for those who have already completed it, so yes this is wrong.
    There is no question about this, the event is wrong, or CG is attempting to mitigate the GAS concerns held by the playerbase.

Let's do it mathematically and take a probablistic approach. Say you don't read the forums or Reddit, after all a player should not be obligated to do so just to play the game.

So if we look at the amount of events that gave shards twice there are none, however this event is the first of it's kind, actually the second but GAS has only made one appearance. This means there's no sample size, you have to compare it to legendaries. So yes it's unlikely that they would just give shards all over again, but this is the first event of it's kind. Similarly, how many times has a bug taken place that's given improper rewards? Well it never has, so it's more probable that it was intentional for this type of event. Maybe not by much but definitely more probable.

Just calm down there fulla, this is the third coming of this event, thw second one didnt award shards and that was 100% intentional.
    I dont need a sample size for anything here.
    This 3rd event awarding shards depreciates the value of all shards bought with GET currency. There is no debate there. The only conversation we can have after that is that metas always change and that 57GET now isn't worth the same as 57GET then in respect to the crystal value yielded by the character bought through said currency.

For those of us who were locked out of the first event, the second time was our first time. Therefore we couldn't have possibly known if the event rewarded shards or not.

Remember this is a game that underage people play, people who don't even have access to in game chat.

If you don't know something, then you cant then proceed to present things with certainty, which is exactly what yoy have done.
    You can either walk back your claims of 'no sample size' and 'reasource management' about events you aren't farmiliar with or you can double down and keep telling your tall tales

The resource management comments on are clearly sarcastic, with how often the term is thrown around here to shut people down, I couldn't resist but to say it.

If you don't know something, it means your innocent and you don't deserve a ban.
  • Options
    Because 150 shards you can GET this event = 57k ;)
  • Options
    Yeah.... give us the 57k GET1 back!
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    What's there to complain about? This is a resource management game and you invested your resources the wrong way. Maybe you should be more patient and wait for the event to come around again. If you can't manage your resources and get trigger happy, they can go to waste.

At the start it was clear you got shards ONCE, and had to finish it from GET. If they had said 6 months ago you could either finish from GET or wait for the event to return, I think most people would have waited. As is, they bait and switched people who unlocked the first time around.

Isn't free reign in arena for months on end and GA, a good enough investment?
  • Options
    They could ban some people.
    Have fun in fear till they comment on it

I'm not afraid, there's no way they ban anyone, it's not player's fault

It's an obvious bug...
    You took advantage of it and that is always an banable offense

How is it an obvious bug? Please explain. This event is one of a kind it's not a legendary, as far as I'm concerned it can give 150 shards whenever it returns, there's no precedence so everything is on the table.

You've posted in a few threads so hopefully this clears things up.
    Thats not how it works.
    This event isn't supposed to award shards upon return for those who have already completed it, so yes this is wrong.
    There is no question about this, the event is wrong, or CG is attempting to mitigate the GAS concerns held by the playerbase.

Let's do it mathematically and take a probablistic approach. Say you don't read the forums or Reddit, after all a player should not be obligated to do so just to play the game.

So if we look at the amount of events that gave shards twice there are none, however this event is the first of it's kind, actually the second but GAS has only made one appearance. This means there's no sample size, you have to compare it to legendaries. So yes it's unlikely that they would just give shards all over again, but this is the first event of it's kind. Similarly, how many times has a bug taken place that's given improper rewards? Well it never has, so it's more probable that it was intentional for this type of event. Maybe not by much but definitely more probable.

Just calm down there fulla, this is the third coming of this event, thw second one didnt award shards and that was 100% intentional.
    I dont need a sample size for anything here.
    This 3rd event awarding shards depreciates the value of all shards bought with GET currency. There is no debate there. The only conversation we can have after that is that metas always change and that 57GET now isn't worth the same as 57GET then in respect to the crystal value yielded by the character bought through said currency.

For those of us who were locked out of the first event, the second time was our first time. Therefore we couldn't have possibly known if the event rewarded shards or not.

Remember this is a game that underage people play, people who don't even have access to in game chat.

If you don't know something, then you cant then proceed to present things with certainty, which is exactly what yoy have done.
    You can either walk back your claims of 'no sample size' and 'reasource management' about events you aren't farmiliar with or you can double down and keep telling your tall tales

The resource management comments on are clearly sarcastic, with how often the term is thrown around here to shut people down, I couldn't resist but to say it.

If you don't know something, it means your innocent and you don't deserve a ban.

Tripling down and playing ignorant i see. Ok.
  • Options
    I don't know if its a bug or not but it is surely an Opportunity (?) For CG. Leave those who unlock 7* malak die to this alone and reward those who had it unlocked with the GET1 to 7* GAS. No more whales Quittung, no more f2p whining...let us have a peaceful forum for a day or two ;)
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    newbornFL wrote: »
    calm down you hyperactive mug.

Probably a bug.

Calm down yet people are going to save almost 60k GET1 because of this bug. Good luck to the devs fixing this one ☝🏻

I just now woke up to this news, 6:30am Eastern US time. I will be at work till 4-5ish if they “fix” this bug, then I will miss out on this bug. CG would need to remove all the extra shards people earned from this bug.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    CAM24 wrote: »
    What's there to complain about? This is a resource management game and you invested your resources the wrong way. Maybe you should be more patient and wait for the event to come around again. If you can't manage your resources and get trigger happy, they can go to waste.

I got him on 2nd run through. Hoarded currency after announcement of first event. I don’t seem to recall extra shards being awarded on second run through for players who already had him. Safe to assume then that GET was the only way.

Can you be 100% certain that everyone was aware of that? People don't even have access to in game chat if they are playing in underage accounts.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    newbornFL wrote: »
    calm down you hyperactive mug.

Probably a bug.

Calm down yet people are going to save almost 60k GET1 because of this bug. Good luck to the devs fixing this one ☝🏻

I just now woke up to this news, 6:30am Eastern US time. I will be at work till 4-5ish if they “fix” this bug, then I will miss out on this bug. CG would need to remove all the extra shards people earned from this bug.

If I were you I'd hop in during a bathroom break, I don't think bans will take place for this one, shards may be removed but maybe we'll get lucky and they won't. that's assuming it is and actual bug
  • Options
    I’m looking at this from my view and not others. Those who needed the shards and didn’t have guild token currency will benefit.

People like me that spent guild token currency on malek shards instead of gear....makes me feel like I got screwed over.

Reminds me of the days I farmed hard mode only toons. It took me 6 months to 7*. Then they changed the node to 5 then to 8 then back to 5 all the while putting shards buyable in shipments.

I logged in daily doing my refreshes to achieve a 7* toon while others got it easier.

I really just need to quit this game already.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Guys CG said they planned to help with the gear crunch, then they added a new character to the event store which occupied our most valuable currency for gear which didn't make sense at all.

But this move is the final piece of the puzzle! This is what CG meant when they released relics, this is how they planned to alleviate the gear crunch, by making these characters easy to farm without spending the currency. This is why GAC was done this way, they were going to change so that you get the shards in two phases, or buy them if you want it faster. The more I think about it the more I realize that this is WAI!
  • Options
    Good lord I hope they don't fix or revert the shards for this. Farming malak is a nightmare
  • Options
    I'll take threads that didn't need to be a thread for 500
  • Options
    57,000 GET1 worth of gear people chose not to buy so they could save for Malak instead, only for players who do spend it to get the shards for free....
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    This is what they meant in the relic post about alleviation of the gear crunch and making easier to get to g13. The more I think about it the more it all makes sense. This is the big gear crunch move we've all been waiting for! CG finally heard us!
  • Options
    CAM24 wrote: »

I got him on 2nd run through. Hoarded currency after announcement of first event. I don’t seem to recall extra shards being awarded on second run through for players who already had him. Safe to assume then that GET was the only way.

Can you be 100% certain that everyone was aware of that? People don't even have access to in game chat if they are playing in underage accounts.

What’s in game chat got to do with this? 🤣
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options

Bro this is huge! I put 2+2 together, this is what the relic post meant all along! This is how they do it, the answer we've all been waiting for when it comes to the gear crunch!
  • Options
    This is what they meant in the relic post about alleviation of the gear crunch and making easier to get to g13. The more I think about it the more it all makes sense. This is the big gear crunch move we've all been waiting for! CG finally heard us!

It makes zero sense, and you are 100% someone benefiting from it hence the bias is strong in you.
    People save for months on end, you didn't, but got the shards anyway...
  • Options
    this is a punch in the face

That's worse than a slap in the face, right? It's difficult to keep track....

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Hey all,

I like this "bug" and hope it's intentional.

About me and the current situation: I'm 100% ftp, got Dark Revan the first time, Malak the second time, spent all my GET1 to star him up. Didn't get GAS, preparing for next time.

First, playing a resource management game is far easier if you know what's coming, obviously. So communication allow those who want to invest time to follow social media to make better decisions; i get that and understand why some people might feel "cheated" when a major change as this one happens. Nevertheless.

IF it's intentional, I think the "Malak incident" is a great and logical idea.

After Legendaries, aka good characters difficult to obtain, Hero's Journey, very good characters very difficult to obtain, we have Epic confrontation, god-like characters throw-my-phone-out-of-the-window difficult to obtain.

If you want to have those game-breaking characters early, you have to sacrifice a LOT of resources (or money), and even if you do, you need proper hoarding of GET and a pile of gear to put it to use early. A few months later, the event comes back, allowing more people to obtain it. Then, another Epic confrontation arrives. Why not allowing even more people to obtain/star up the old Epic guy, now not so dominant anymore ?

If it's the new norm, from a player perspective you have more choices of development (and the way I see it, in a game, more choices are always good) when an Epic confrontation arrives in town:

1) Try to lives up to the crazy requirements to have the new shiny toy ready to go from the start. Spend your GET to have him up and running of wait for the 3rd coming to finish the job.

2) Get prepared for the second time it'll come, farming all those crazy requirement, choosing to hoard GET to have him power up a couple of months before the event comes back a third time, or spend your GET on gear and wait for the 3rd time to 7* him

3) Farm only a part of the requirements, aiming to get it to 5* the 3rd time. So you can gear up only Darkside Revan to obtain his buddy Malak or only Republic Galactic people to add General Ani to the bunch. It'll take longer, but you can.

It gives us much more choices of development, and again, I think it's a good, a very good thing. It's a personal choice between "here and now" and "wait till it's cheaper", same as lots of things in the game. Extra shard shop currency just soften (a bit) the blow for those choosing "here and now".

Something else off topic: CG, I was kinda excited to replay an Epic confrontation I've played before, it's pretty sad. Please give me something to play with my toys on the shelf when I feel like it. Maybe a weekly thing instead of a daily thing, so I can play when I see fit ? I know I don't give you money and so I probably don't matter, but still, it'll be appreciated.
  • Andros
    42 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Complete garbage; we all wasted blood and sweat on that GET! One more nail in the coffin!
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Still on it to defend your exploitation on the event?

Lmao, at best I saved 25 shards. I was at 6 stars 0 shards, the first one I didn't expect so you can't consider it exploit.

I don't understand what your beef is, the likelihood of such bug happening is just as much or less than the devs deciding to do us a favor and help us get Malak faster. You can't prove no matter what you do what's in someone's mind, you are no mind reader and have no claim to my mental state and thoughts. This doesn't classify as exploit abusing under any criteria, I just played the event that was available, nothing more, nothing less.
  • Options

Bro this is huge! I put 2+2 together, this is what the relic post meant all along! This is how they do it, the answer we've all been waiting for when it comes to the gear crunch!

You know, you could be right, 2,250 shard shop currency. I have all i vould ever want now
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    this is a punch in the face

That's worse than a slap in the face, right? It's difficult to keep track....

Nah, it's a slap in the face.
    But this time it's "look Mom, no hands!"
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    Everything I love about the forums in one self-contained thread. What a Tuesday!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH