Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    The currency for Malak is earned by beating the wars. In a whale Guild it is easy, but the lower you are the more difficult it is to earn the currency...the currency is a Bonus for higher guilds, nothing else and the Bonus for Malak is over...you will have the Bonus now for General Anakin...even if you are now out of this currency...for a short time...we had things like this before e.g. with chirrut and baze or wedge
  • Options
    A guildie of mine just unlocked Malak by doing the dark side part last time, and the dark side part this time. Didn't even bother with the light side one because 2x75 from dark is already enough to unlock him. I mean, I'm happy for him, but what the f*ck CG???
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    What about the people who just spent $100s on taking him to G13 and all the relic resources...

You think the people who didn't put enough resources into farming and gearing the necessary characters in the 6 months since Malak first came out and weren't even prepared to unlock him this time then immediately spent hundreds of dollars G13'ing and putting relics on him? Good one, lol. People who spend that kind of money on this game already had him.
  • Options
    Still working malak shards - or was - and don’t have GAS so this doesn’t affect me as much as some. However if you’ve had a 7* malak for months and used get1 for that I’d say that was a huge advantage in almost every game mode. People are now catching a little break but probably been shut out of High arena for months and now 7* malak not as OP with relics and IG88 /padme/clones etc
  • Options
    What about the people who just spent $100s on taking him to G13 and all the relic resources...

You think the people who didn't put enough resources into farming and gearing the necessary characters in the 6 months since Malak first came out and weren't even prepared to unlock him this time then immediately spent hundreds of dollars G13'ing and putting relics on him? Good one, lol. People who spend that kind of money on this game already had him.

Yeah I know one person who did... lol
  • Options
    I happen to think this could be the intended cycle. Meaning, the third time an epic confrontation drops it gives enough shards to complete the character.

Those who fast tracked him, had all the advantages that go with that before others, and those who waited had to do without that advantage. That's pretty much in line with how the game rolls isn't it?

The only objectionable thing in my mind is that people didn't know this was an option ahead of time.
  • Options
    Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Still working malak shards - or was - and don’t have GAS so this doesn’t affect me as much as some. However if you’ve had a 7* malak for months and used get1 for that I’d say that was a huge advantage in almost every game mode. People are now catching a little break but probably been shut out of High arena for months and now 7* malak not as OP with relics and IG88 /padme/clones etc

Yeah. The people who have had Malak had to actually earn said Malak via the route that CG told them to earn him. They paid attention, guessed right, were well prepared, and a lot spent money to get him the first time. They hoarded GET1 for months. They earned their advantage and the opportunity cost is either having GET1 for GAS now or a TON of gear. Everyone else should have to earn it as well, or they need to refund all the GET1 that people previously spent on his shards.

This is not ok.
  • Options
    It's intended now because it's the 3rd time he's come. That's probably how it's going to be for GS too. That's how they help with the gear crunch. Use your GET1 if you want him fast to 7* and not if you want to wait. No one should get GET1 back unless you also want to give back the crystals you accumulated from having a 7* Malak.
  • Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »

The only objectionable thing in my mind is that people didn't know this was an option ahead of time.

Spot on with this last sentence. You can't tell us the only way to get shards is to buy them with GET1 and then change it.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    I happen to think this could be the intended cycle. Meaning, the third time an epic confrontation drops it gives enough shards to complete the character.

Those who fast tracked him, had all the advantages that go with that before others, and those who waited had to do without that advantage. That's pretty much in line with how the game rolls isn't it?

My thoughts exactly, there's no precedence for this kind of event. Although it sucks a bit for those who unlocked him the second time and spend the currency. I too got him to 6 stars with my own GET, so that's 85 shards, far from the 185 about half to be exact but then again if there will be GET compensations then I'd like compensation for the extra 50 shards I spend then. I can see why you would be mad if you unlocked him the first time and you just had him taken to 7 stars right before the event, but those who got him the second time have no business complaining, like if you knew the third time the event would come you would get another 150 shards you wouldn't have spent the GET for all these months? Get out of here.
  • Paulos999
    315 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    When I had to use my GET to max out my malak now people are getting him most the way there for free.

Joke this needs sorting.
  • Options
    Obviously this has been said ad nauseam, but just throwing my hat in the ring, when I say I really hope they address this is some fashion - why yes, I would accept all of my GET back, please and thank you.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    when I had to use my GET to max out my malak now people are getting him most the way there for free.

Joke this needs sorting.

So if you knew that the third time the event came back you would get the rest of the shards, would you have kept him at 5 stars and saved the tokens? This is why I find it very hypocritical, looking straight past the months of advantage you had by owning a 7 star Malak. Forgive me if you unlocked him the second time and you recently finished him but for those first timers there is no excuse to cry like this, you'd still spend the tokens you wouldn't leave him at 5 stars for this long.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously this has been said ad nauseam, but just throwing my hat in the ring, when I say I really hope they address this is some fashion - why yes, I would accept all of my GET back, please and thank you.

Depends on how long you've had him at 7 stars I'd say
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Pille wrote: »
    The currency for Malak is earned by beating the wars. In a whale Guild it is easy, but the lower you are the more difficult it is to earn the currency...the currency is a Bonus for higher guilds, nothing else and the Bonus for Malak is over...you will have the Bonus now for General Anakin...even if you are now out of this currency...for a short time...we had things like this before e.g. with chirrut and baze or wedge

Everyone who writes that stuff has comprehensive skills like a stone.

Ok...thanks for your arguments little trolli ;-)
  • Options
    I’m not sure how they would roll back. I geared up Malak now that I have him at 7 star. What do they do with that? If he is 6 star again he can’t have that gear
  • Options
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    I'm expecting a huge rollback of all today's progress, every guild declared the winner in their TW as a result, 250 crystal for the inconvenience, and the Malak event properly rerun for those that should be getting him today. We'll see.

For the record, I'd love if this was just the way it was going forward. I'd love to redo events and see all the developer's hard work instead of it being one and done. Shard shop currency boosts every once in a while won't break the bank

And for those that spent money and took him to g12 or g13? What do they do with that money?
  • Options
    So are people who spent GET I to get Malak to 7* reimbursement now?? I mean serioulsy players who have been now saving to get Malak to 7* instead can head over to GAS (for free???) i want my 57K GET I back.
  • Options
    This is by far the coolest thing CG has ever done in this game. Even if it was unintentional they should totally say it was the plan all along. Spend your currency to get a huge early advantage or wait for the event to come around 3 times to get the shards.
  • Options
    I bet we finally hear from the new guy today. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    There are two kinds of players who ask for refunds, those who unlocked him the first time and those who unlocked him the second time.

Suppose the event structure for epic confrontation is 1st time you get shards, 2nd time you only get shards of you didn't get them the first time, 3rd time onwards everyone gets shards.

If you unlocked him the first time and you already knew that not until the 3rd time you wouldn't get any shards, would have still spent the tokens to 7 star him ? If the answer is yes then you have spent them regardless and you don't need a refund. If the answer is no then you should return all the crystals and GA reward you enjoyed all these months by having Malak before you can ask for a refund!

Those who unlocked Malak the second time you have a case! If you hoarded and spent the tokens to 7 star him then you got the short end of the stick and you deserve a refund. If you, like me, casually got him half way through, you're in this sort of grey area because you definitely did benefit alot from this, but you still have wasted a good amount of GET than someone who spent 0 GET on Malak shard so you also may be entitled to a refund. If you spent 0 tokens then you're a lucky person.
  • Options
    Maybe they plan to bring in Grevious Capitol Ship in the game and you have ot use GET I Tokens ? What do you think about that folks?
  • Options
    I say it’s Gods way of levelling the playing field for us. After CG told us the GET 1 currency would only be needed for Malak, then they moved the goalposts and made GET 1 currency required for GAS too. So haha CG, I got my Malak to 7* today, so did a lot of people in my guild. Hey CG...Karma bites
  • Options
    Efranzblau wrote: »
    It's intended now because it's the 3rd time he's come. That's probably how it's going to be for GS too. That's how they help with the gear crunch. Use your GET1 if you want him fast to 7* and not if you want to wait. No one should get GET1 back unless you also want to give back the crystals you accumulated from having a 7* Malak.

Yeah, sure. So tell me of the great benefits I had for having a 7* Malak for 3 days?