Reconciliation plan

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Truth be told, the reason why I don't have a 7* GAS right now is in that picture

Because you decided too hang on to your 48k crystals?

No, that's not it. That would be if you didn't unlock him at all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Truth be told, the reason why I don't have a 7* GAS right now is in that picture

Because you decided too hang on to your 48k crystals?
    I find stun guns for crystals a bad deal, when you can get kyrotechs for a bit more. Currently, there is no point in buying kyrotechs when i can farm them using all my daily energy (why speed up the process?). I'm in no rush to push toons to g13, so I'm collecting as many kyrotechs as I can until they introduce relic abilities

It actually cost me 0 crystals and dollars to unlock GAS (I've been running Padme in arena, and had my seps geared up for TB) so I was in a very fortunate place when the event began
  • Options
    But you had spent your GET on gear?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Only stun guns whenever they were available over the months. So I still had some left over to push GAS to 6 stars

My Asajj and B1 were g13 prior. I upgraded my b1 to g13 months ago after a very, very terrible defeat against one sep team in Grand Arena, only gear I invested was on more relic levels and one g12 piece for droideka that I had ready (probably from Sith Raid) so that he can meet the minimum power requirement with the mods that I was using (some were blue/green mods)
  • Options
    Betadata wrote: »
    this is a disaster. What about the crystals spent to gear him and the currency to level? again you reward the ones who already had malak while screwing the players who are working to catch up. #crystalgate.
    You will get the gear back. You can reinvest that gear when he returns around after our party is over

What about the people that unlocked malak the 2nd time. But they saw the event was rewarding shards so they decided to put gear on carth, mission, or zalbar so they didn't have to depend on rng as much?

A few thousand crystals worth of gear is fine to get 150 shards of malak but really sucks if you only get 250 crystals for putting gear on toons you wouldn't other wise gear.

Are you going to say that these people are adequately reimbursed too?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    this is a disaster. What about the crystals spent to gear him and the currency to level? again you reward the ones who already had malak while screwing the players who are working to catch up. #crystalgate.
    You will get the gear back. You can reinvest that gear when he returns around after our party is over

What about the people that unlocked malak the 2nd time. But they saw the event was rewarding shards so they decided to put gear on carth, mission, or zalbar so they didn't have to depend on rng as much?

A few thousand crystals worth of gear is fine to get 150 shards of malak but really sucks if you only get 250 crystals for putting gear on toons you wouldn't other wise gear.

Yes lol
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I have a bed made from shard shop currency, so I will be sleeping very happily knowing a few people overinvested on a bug and ended up with nothing. And I assure you, when I sleep, the switch will stay off

Why did you gear up Mission/Zaalbar in a rush when Carth, who does nothing in the (Dark Side Tier of the event) could've given you 75 shards?

EDIT: For someone who completed the event once, you should know. I have no sympathy for this, sue me
  • Options
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    Are they going to ban people who request refunds?
    No. But posting about it on forums is:
    No refund topics or posts
    Refund threads and posts will be removed from these forums. It is your right to request a refund, but this should be done through a Support Ticket and not posted about it on these forums. This includes saying you are going to get a refund, stating you will no longer spend or 'close your wallet', telling others how to get a refund, or requesting a refund from the development team. This includes refunds for real money and in game currency.

So they don't want people to know how to get back their money? Cover up and suppress. That's the solution
    They just stated how people can get a refund.... LITERALLY the second sentence. If you see Crumb's original post, the support ticket part is hyperlinked, even

But yes, this is standard stuff in every company forum policy, not just limited to EA/CG.

Where is this hyperlink for refund instructions? I have not seen it yet and it will
    Settle my issue immediately.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    Are they going to ban people who request refunds?
    No. But posting about it on forums is:
    No refund topics or posts
    Refund threads and posts will be removed from these forums. It is your right to request a refund, but this should be done through a Support Ticket and not posted about it on these forums. This includes saying you are going to get a refund, stating you will no longer spend or 'close your wallet', telling others how to get a refund, or requesting a refund from the development team. This includes refunds for real money and in game currency.

So they don't want people to know how to get back their money? Cover up and suppress. That's the solution
    They just stated how people can get a refund.... LITERALLY the second sentence. If you see Crumb's original post, the support ticket part is hyperlinked, even

But yes, this is standard stuff in every company forum policy, not just limited to EA/CG.

Where is this hyperlink for refund instructions? I have not seen it yet and it will
    Settle my issue immediately.
    Here you go:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

I hope DarkHelmet answers my Carth Onasi question eventually, because I am anxious to read why he bothered with Mission and Zaalbar
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Yes lol

you really will defend absolutely anything won't you? That is just sad. Hope you get a good paycheck from cg for promoting them no matter what.

It must be very large to sleep at night defending bait and switch.

Bait and switch is intentional. This was a screw up. Get it right.

There's no proof it was a screw up.
  • Options
    I think the best reconciliation plan is for Capital Games to lose Custody of Swgoh and the community to gain full custody of the game. This game has been constantly abused by Capital Games and they should only have visitation rights on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
    Suggestions like these among others are the reason why they don't let kids run a company.
  • Options
    Only stun guns whenever they were available over the months. So I still had some left over to push GAS to 6 stars

My Asajj and B1 were g13 prior. I upgraded my b1 to g13 months ago after a very, very terrible defeat against one sep team in Grand Arena, only gear I invested was on more relic levels and one g12 piece for droideka that I had ready (probably from Sith Raid) so that he can meet the minimum power requirement with the mods that I was using (some were blue/green mods)

So you didn’t have to use God tier mods?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Yes lol

you really will defend absolutely anything won't you? That is just sad. Hope you get a good paycheck from cg for promoting them no matter what.

What you're implying is hilarious, truly hilarious.
    You can't honestly think they're sabotaging their own game for what can only be minimal revenue gains even in the most beneficial scenario from their perspective, only to end up sending free stuff to every single player and upset a whole lot of players in the process.
    Come on now..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    @leef

It can be unintentional by the people with power but fully intentional by the coders.

I'm not saying it was like that, but just saying we can't know what's happening behind the scenes and it could be "both" instead of "either/or"
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Yes lol

Really? This was a an incredible screw up. To think CG would do this on purpose is laughable, considering the fallout. Nobody would do this to themselves.

Get it right.
  • Options
    giphy.gif

@TVF

I wish more of my 7 star brethern were around so that we can sit down, smoke some cigars, and talk about what we are going to use our shard shop currency on

I'm here 🖐
    Where's the party at, at TVF's house? I'm gonna bring some beer.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef

It can be unintentional by the people with power but fully intentional by the coders.

I'm not saying it was like that, but just saying we can't know what's happening behind the scenes and it could be "both" instead of "either/or"

@MasterSeedy
    What are you even trying to say here? I'm trying, but i can't figure out what it is you're implying.
    Sabotaging the game you're getting paid to code for and risking your job in the process also seems rather unlikely to me, if that is indeed what you mean.
    It also means we (the playerbase) can't blame ea/cg for being a greedy bunch of .... , which is even worse than having to deal with this screw up for some of the forum posters.
  • Options
    I think the best reconciliation plan is for Capital Games to lose Custody of Swgoh and the community to gain full custody of the game. This game has been constantly abused by Capital Games and they should only have visitation rights on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.

Ha. A giant sandbox mode and everyone gets all characters right away. Gear 8 is still the minimum for any legendary or journey.

No thank you.
  • Options
    Money is spent for fast character boosts in this game no matter what way you look at it. For those that bought G12 and G13 for Malak it is negating the "fast" that you paid for. The gear could be farmed over the time period of months. I want my money back and I will get it by disputing the charges.
  • RMJ7
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
  • Options
    EazyJP wrote: »
    This is a complete load of dog Sh!te.

I am a F2P player and have grinded out as best as I can to get my dark and light side teams ready for this event. It's taken me months to prepare for this. Unlocked him yesterday on pure luck of beating the light side part of the event.

Instantly levelled him up to 85, placed 2 Zetas, geared him up to G9 and spent some GET for a few shards. Only to be told about a glitch, a mistake that YOU (CG) have made that will now result in reverting things to before the event started.

Will I get my gear, credits, Zetas and GET back? What if I'm not so lucky this time and cannot beat the event. We are made to suffer for your mistakes. And quite frankly, I don't want to try and sweat this event out again. It was a real challenge. We already have to grind out 70k worth of GET to get him 7*, in which I currently have 30k saved.

Players who have beat the event gaining extra shards from your glitch deserve it. Not everyone has G13 R7 to breeze through the event a second time. It was a mistake, a one off. It won't happen again. Let the lucky players who exploited this glitch have their extra shards. Even the whales who pour money into the game, the drop rates suck on those packs, give them a treat and let them keep what they earned.

The past couple of months have really shown a lot of negativity towards the game, many long time players leaving and lots of posts showing hate towards the devs decisions. I have played the game since August 2017 and feel that this is my tipping point. Ive never used the forums, but this 'Reconciliation plan' has REALLY F%£CKED me off.

You can keep your 250 crystals and shove them up your A$$

Are you sure you are going to lose your progress if you unlocked him yesterday? I am in the same situation, but reading the post I am in doubts:
    "What we’re going to do to correct our mistake is roll back any character star promotions and changes to the state Darth Malak was at 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, for any players that received the extra shards"
    For any player that received extra shards... I did not receive any extra shards, I have only received 150 shards, so I suppose I am not going to lose my malak. Anyone could confirm, please?
  • Options
    RMJ7 wrote: »
    Mol9961 wrote: »
    Did Carrie come back and make this decision?
    Carrie would be amazing right now. It seems like there has been a sharp drop off since Carrie left. (Which is kind of sad)

****. If Carrie was here shed have blamed the players for the screw up.

Are you sure you are going to lose your progress if you unlocked him yesterday? I am in the same situation, but reading the post I am in doubts:

"What we’re going to do to correct our mistake is roll back any character star promotions and changes to the state Darth Malak was at 10/18/2019 12:01 AM PDT, for any players that received the extra shards"

For any player that received extra shards... I did not receive any extra shards, I have only received 150 shards, so I suppose I am not going to lose my malak. Anyone could confirm, please?

I'm looking for a similar answer. I'm not wanting to re-do the event. It's not quite clear IMO.
  • Options
    I am a F2P player and have grinded out as best as I can to get my dark and light side teams ready for this event. It's taken me months to prepare for this. Unlocked him yesterday on pure luck of beating the light side part of the event.

Instantly levelled him up to 85, placed 2 Zetas, geared him up to G9 and spent some GET for a few shards. Only to be told about a glitch, a mistake that YOU (CG) have made that will now result in reverting things to before the event started.
    Why don't you read before you complain? You will not be affected.

The reroll targets those who already had Malak, especially the players that unlocked him the second time. The moment they decided to not give a GET refund, stripping shards away from this group is the next best option. It's not a small mistake you just let slide, it's over 3 months worth of GET that these players wouldn't need to spend, compared to the shard shop currency the first time unlockers get.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    This is a complete load of dog Sh!te.

Will I get my gear, credits, Zetas and GET back? What if I'm not so lucky this time and cannot beat the event. We are made to suffer for your mistakes. And quite frankly, I don't want to try and sweat this event out again. It was a real challenge. We already have to grind out 70k worth of GET to get him 7*, in which I currently have 30k saved.

Players who have beat the event gaining extra shards from your glitch deserve it. Not everyone has G13 R7 to breeze through the event a second time. It was a mistake, a one off. It won't happen again. Let the lucky players who exploited this glitch have their extra shards. Even the whales who pour money into the game, the drop rates suck on those packs, give them a treat and let them keep what they earned.

The past couple of months have really shown a lot of negativity towards the game, many long time players leaving and lots of posts showing hate towards the devs decisions. I have played the game since August 2017 and feel that this is my tipping point. Ive never used the forums, but this 'Reconciliation plan' has REALLY F%£CKED me off.

You can keep your 250 crystals and shove them up your A$$

You mad bro?
  • Options
    This is a joke... A really bad one. 😂
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I love people that get so mad when we don't agree with them that they have no choice but to say we are CG plants. It's truly breathtaking.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Ha. A giant sandbox mode and everyone gets all characters right away. Gear 8 is still the minimum for any legendary or journey.

No thank you.

Because that’s exactly what the community wants? Who on earth in the community have you been talking to? Two words: New Content.
  • Options
    Suggestions like these among others are the reason why they don't let kids run a company.

Comments like this among others are the reason why words like sarcasm exist. Ever hear of it?
  • Options
    CG came up with the best solution for "MalakGate" by doing a rollback to the state everyone was before the event and handing out full shard shop currency to everyone on top of 250 crystals (could be a bit higher but hey, better than nothing).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

No thank you.

Because that’s exactly what the community wants? Who on earth in the community have you been talking to? Two words: New Content.

More words- after relics. No point to introduce anything new until after they implemented relics.