Reconciliation plan

Replies

• Options
    So I’m not sure why only people with 7* Malak get the shard shop currency. Seems like CG should be giving this currency to everyone. The 5* and 6* Malak owners are not being treated fairly with this resolution.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    CG came up with the best solution for "MalakGate" by doing a rollback to the state everyone was before the event and handing out full shard shop currency to everyone on top of 250 crystals (could be a bit higher but hey, better than nothing).

I think giving everyone get1 tokens instead of shard shop currency would have went over better. Maybe enough for like 20 malak shards.
  • Options
    @TVF @Ultra what do you guys think of the structure with epic confrontations and how after the mass requirements you only get a 5* toon?
    Also, thoughts on GAS being near useless unless at 7*?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @TVF @Ultra what do you guys think of the structure with epic confrontations and how after the mass requirements you only get a 5* toon?
    I think @Disruptor92 has good taste in beer. Lets not bring up international politics in a fun thread
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think @Disruptor92 has good taste in beer. Lets not bring up international politics in a fun thread

Well it goes hand in hand actually. If they don’t make these post event farms a thing, then a bug like this wouldn’t be that big of a deal requiring a reconciliation plan such as this, wouldn’t you agree?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

Well it goes hand in hand actually. If they don’t make these post event farms a thing, then a bug like this wouldn’t be that big of a deal requiring a reconciliation plan such as this, wouldn’t you agree?
    Respectfully disagree
  • Options
    @leef

You're saying it can't be a bait and switch, because you have to leave the bait out intentionally and then take it away intentionally.

I'm saying that the person who laid the bait doesn't have to be the same person who made the switch, and the person who laid the bait doesn't have to know the switch was going to come later, just like the person who made the switch doesn't have to know the bait was being laid. S* happens, and calling this a "bait and switch" isn't instantly disproven because a bait and switch is bad for business.
  • Options

Respectfully disagree

Why not?

The way I see it is if they release Malak or GAS at 7* and don’t force another farm after just requiring an even bigger farm for the character initially people won’t feel an additional crunch. They won’t feel forced to hoard GET1 or GET2 tokens and actually be able to use it on crucial gear.

As it pertains to this incident, if people unlocked Malak at 7* and now the only advantage was people who finished in the first to runs, being extra shard shop currency, there wouldn’t be this big of an uproar. The anger and frustration is coming from everyone at this point because it’s affecting who gets Malak now on the third pass, money and crystals spent on gear, GET used to farm his shards, mods rolled specifically for him, etc.
  • Options
    I have a bed made from shard shop currency, so I will be sleeping very happily knowing a few people overinvested on a bug and ended up with nothing. And I assure you, when I sleep, the switch will stay off

Why did you gear up Mission/Zaalbar in a rush when Carth, who does nothing in the (Dark Side Tier of the event) could've given you 75 shards?

EDIT: For someone who completed the event once, you should know. I have no sympathy for this, sue me

I just mentioned carth with mission and zalbar because they are the ones that are less likely to be geared. I didn't personally gear up any of them just for this. I had strong enough teams without doing that. My question simply pointed out that people put resources into this based on the advertised rewards. Not giving those rewards to anyone who beat the event is unacceptable.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Betadata wrote: »
    this is a disaster. What about the crystals spent to gear him and the currency to level? again you reward the ones who already had malak while screwing the players who are working to catch up. #crystalgate.
    You will get the gear back. You can reinvest that gear when he returns around after our party is over

What about the people that unlocked malak the 2nd time. But they saw the event was rewarding shards so they decided to put gear on carth, mission, or zalbar so they didn't have to depend on rng as much?

A few thousand crystals worth of gear is fine to get 150 shards of malak but really sucks if you only get 250 crystals for putting gear on toons you wouldn't other wise gear.

Are you going to say that these people are adequately reimbursed too?
    Yes lol

you really will defend absolutely anything won't you? That is just sad. Hope you get a good paycheck from cg for promoting them no matter what.

It must be very large to sleep at night defending bait and switch.

Bait and switch is intentional. This was a screw up. Get it right.

There's no proof it was a screw up.

What you're implying is hilarious, truly hilarious.
    You can't honestly think they're sabotaging their own game for what can only be minimal revenue gains even in the most beneficial scenario from their perspective, only to end up sending free stuff to every single player and upset a whole lot of players in the process.
    Come on now..

I never said this is how they planned it to turn out. Maybe they thought giving out malak shards would make the community happy. Then some crakens complain. They over react and call it a bug to try and save face. Also without thinking of the consequences and make it worse.

And yes, I do believe that is just as likely a possibility as it being a bug.
  • Options
    this is a disaster. What about the crystals spent to gear him and the currency to level? again you reward the ones who already had malak while screwing the players who are working to catch up. #crystalgate.
    You will get the gear back. You can reinvest that gear when he returns around after our party is over

What about the people that unlocked malak the 2nd time. But they saw the event was rewarding shards so they decided to put gear on carth, mission, or zalbar so they didn't have to depend on rng as much?

A few thousand crystals worth of gear is fine to get 150 shards of malak but really sucks if you only get 250 crystals for putting gear on toons you wouldn't other wise gear.

Are you going to say that these people are adequately reimbursed too?
    Yes lol

you really will defend absolutely anything won't you? That is just sad. Hope you get a good paycheck from cg for promoting them no matter what.

It must be very large to sleep at night defending bait and switch.

Really? This was a an incredible screw up. To think CG would do this on purpose is laughable, considering the fallout. Nobody would do this to themselves.

Get it right.

see my above answer
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have a bed made from shard shop currency, so I will be sleeping very happily knowing a few people overinvested on a bug and ended up with nothing. And I assure you, when I sleep, the switch will stay off

Why did you gear up Mission/Zaalbar in a rush when Carth, who does nothing in the (Dark Side Tier of the event) could've given you 75 shards?

EDIT: For someone who completed the event once, you should know. I have no sympathy for this, sue me

I just mentioned carth with mission and zalbar because they are the ones that are less likely to be geared. I didn't personally gear up any of them just for this. I had strong enough teams without doing that. My question simply pointed out that people put resources into this based on the advertised rewards. Not giving those rewards to anyone who beat the event is unacceptable.
    So you are complaining for imaginary scenarios about nonexistent people making poor game decisions

Those people can speak up for themselves. The rewards were for first time players, and players who already completed the event prior (first and second timers) had no need to invest further in their toons since its already proven that they can complete it

If you are going to pretend to be mad at CG, at least have something believable to be upset about
  • Options
    1. I get to complain
    2. Free crystals

Win win
  • Options
    What if you got 75 shards and did nothing else? No gear, no promo just somewhere closer to 7* from 6*? Will that get swept? Asking for a friend
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @leef

You're saying it can't be a bait and switch, because you have to leave the bait out intentionally and then take it away intentionally.

I'm saying that the person who laid the bait doesn't have to be the same person who made the switch, and the person who laid the bait doesn't have to know the switch was going to come later, just like the person who made the switch doesn't have to know the bait was being laid. S* happens, and calling this a "bait and switch" isn't instantly disproven because a bait and switch is bad for business.

My point is that even in the best scenario for ea/cg the short term gains were minimal. The increase of revenue they gained by rewarding shards for replays as opposed to not rewarding shards for replays is so gosh darn low that it doesn't make sense for it to be a "bait & switch".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    giphy.gif

@TVF

I wish more of my 7 star brethern were around so that we can sit down, smoke some cigars, and talk about what we are going to use our shard shop currency on

I'm here 🖐
    Where's the party at, at TVF's house? I'm gonna bring some beer.

Will you DM me directions to his grandma’s basement for the party at TVF’s “House?”
  • Options

Nah see that’s wrong leaving the gear the person should get a refund of crystals.
  • Options
    @leef
    My point is that ... [t]he increase of revenue they gained ...yada yada yada... that it doesn't make sense for it to be a "bait & switch"..

No, reread what you wrote before. Your point wasn't just that it doesn't make sense for it to be a "bait & switch". Your point was that because it doesn't make sense for it to be a bait & switch, therefore we know it wasn't a bait & switch.

But that logic only makes sense if everything in human society makes sense. We humans are remarkably capable of doing things that make no sense whatsoever. Therefore, you can assert all you like that it wouldn't make sense (and I would agree with you), but you don't have evidence that because it doesn't make sense it couldn't have been a bait & switch.

I'm with you that a bait & switch makes no sense. I am agnostic on whether a bait & switch actually occurred.

• Options
    EazyJP wrote: »
    This is a complete load of dog Sh!te.

I am a F2P player and have grinded out as best as I can to get my dark and light side teams ready for this event. It's taken me months to prepare for this. Unlocked him yesterday on pure luck of beating the light side part of the event.

Instantly levelled him up to 85, placed 2 Zetas, geared him up to G9 and spent some GET for a few shards. Only to be told about a glitch, a mistake that YOU (CG) have made that will now result in reverting things to before the event started.

Will I get my gear, credits, Zetas and GET back? What if I'm not so lucky this time and cannot beat the event. We are made to suffer for your mistakes. And quite frankly, I don't want to try and sweat this event out again. It was a real challenge. We already have to grind out 70k worth of GET to get him 7*, in which I currently have 30k saved.

Players who have beat the event gaining extra shards from your glitch deserve it. Not everyone has G13 R7 to breeze through the event a second time. It was a mistake, a one off. It won't happen again. Let the lucky players who exploited this glitch have their extra shards. Even the whales who pour money into the game, the drop rates suck on those packs, give them a treat and let them keep what they earned.

The past couple of months have really shown a lot of negativity towards the game, many long time players leaving and lots of posts showing hate towards the devs decisions. I have played the game since August 2017 and feel that this is my tipping point. Ive never used the forums, but this 'Reconciliation plan' has REALLY F%£CKED me off.

You can keep your 250 crystals and shove them up your A$$

tl;dr Into the thrash it goes

what-cant-go-into-the-trash-think-before-you-toss.jpg

This isn't a complaint thread, but an appreciation thread. Please don't ruin our party, and protest elsewhere. A F2P who wouldn't accept free crystals was a good laugh to my morning

If people aren't allowed to complain in your kiss cg's butt thread, please stop kissing cg's butt in complaint threads.

Or just let people speak their minds in all threads.

No knee **** reaction. Being rationale. Looking at the bight side of things. No uproar. No mentions of wallets closing. No slap in the face. That equals butt kissing and being a shill?
  • Options
    Stars are J E R K
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    EazyJP wrote: »
    This is a complete load of dog Sh!te.

I am a F2P player and have grinded out as best as I can to get my dark and light side teams ready for this event. It's taken me months to prepare for this. Unlocked him yesterday on pure luck of beating the light side part of the event.

Instantly levelled him up to 85, placed 2 Zetas, geared him up to G9 and spent some GET for a few shards. Only to be told about a glitch, a mistake that YOU (CG) have made that will now result in reverting things to before the event started.

Will I get my gear, credits, Zetas and GET back? What if I'm not so lucky this time and cannot beat the event. We are made to suffer for your mistakes. And quite frankly, I don't want to try and sweat this event out again. It was a real challenge. We already have to grind out 70k worth of GET to get him 7*, in which I currently have 30k saved.

Players who have beat the event gaining extra shards from your glitch deserve it. Not everyone has G13 R7 to breeze through the event a second time. It was a mistake, a one off. It won't happen again. Let the lucky players who exploited this glitch have their extra shards. Even the whales who pour money into the game, the drop rates suck on those packs, give them a treat and let them keep what they earned.

The past couple of months have really shown a lot of negativity towards the game, many long time players leaving and lots of posts showing hate towards the devs decisions. I have played the game since August 2017 and feel that this is my tipping point. Ive never used the forums, but this 'Reconciliation plan' has REALLY F%£CKED me off.

You can keep your 250 crystals and shove them up your A$$

tl;dr Into the thrash it goes

what-cant-go-into-the-trash-think-before-you-toss.jpg

This isn't a complaint thread, but an appreciation thread. Please don't ruin our party, and protest elsewhere. A F2P who wouldn't accept free crystals was a good laugh to my morning

If people aren't allowed to complain in your kiss cg's butt thread, please stop kissing cg's butt in complaint threads.

Or just let people speak their minds in all threads.

No knee **** reaction. Being rationale. Looking at the bight side of things. No uproar. No mentions of wallets closing. No slap in the face. That equals butt kissing and being a shill?
    >Whenever I see people pull the shill card:

Theresa-May.jpg
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef
    My point is that ... [t]he increase of revenue they gained ...yada yada yada... that it doesn't make sense for it to be a "bait & switch"..

No, reread what you wrote before. Your point wasn't just that it doesn't make sense for it to be a "bait & switch". Your point was that because it doesn't make sense for it to be a bait & switch, therefore we know it wasn't a bait & switch.

But that logic only makes sense if everything in human society makes sense. We humans are remarkably capable of doing things that make no sense whatsoever. Therefore, you can assert all you like that it wouldn't make sense (and I would agree with you), but you don't have evidence that because it doesn't make sense it couldn't have been a bait & switch.

I'm with you that a bait & switch makes no sense. I am agnostic on whether a bait & switch actually occurred.

I don't even see me using the term "bait and switch" except for in that last comment after you brought it up. I was just saying that imo it's rather unlikely that this was intentional. So i'm not sure what you want to hear from me?
    My previous comments:
    You can't honestly think they're sabotaging their own game for what can only be minimal revenue gains even in the most beneficial scenario from their perspective, only to end up sending free stuff to every single player and upset a whole lot of players in the process.
    Come on now..
    @MasterSeedy
    What are you even trying to say here? I'm trying, but i can't figure out what it is you're implying.
    Sabotaging the game you're getting paid to code for and risking your job in the process also seems rather unlikely to me, if that is indeed what you mean.
    It also means we (the playerbase) can't blame ea/cg for being a greedy bunch of .... , which is even worse than having to deal with this screw up for some of the forum posters.
    My point is that even in the best scenario for ea/cg the short term gains were minimal. The increase of revenue they gained by rewarding shards for replays as opposed to not rewarding shards for replays is so gosh darn low that it doesn't make sense for it to be a "bait & switch".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    So what about the 5k crystals i spent in gearing him,do i get them back to. Not everyone had the gear hoarded to gear him. We had use lots crystals an 250 is a slap in the face. This may be the tipping point tht drives many players away

I agree 1000%!! If they’re going to roll back players like Malaks to whatever they were pre-event, then they should roll back those same players’ that did gear and relic him crystals, gear pieces and/or any other currency used in game to pre-event as well.

Oh but wait, I could’ve sworn when I lost crystals due to the “bug” with the fleet arena battles freezing up and called to get my 50 crystals back for having to refresh my battles as it happened on my final battle when I was going for 1st place and was winning, “CG has no way of seeing what [my] account was and therefore, can not roll back to before that battle and/or reimburse [me] for anything...”

I guess that’s true except when they loose money though right?
  • Options
    I understand those who had Malak 5-7 stars but what about those who scrambled to panic farm so we could participate in the event to unlock him? I spent all the gear and resources I had and put zetas on characters to be ready for the posted date just to experience this? **** CG!!! How do you compensate for that? Completely unfair.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I understand those who had Malak 5-7 stars but what about those who scrambled to panic farm so we could participate in the event to unlock him? I spent all the gear and resources I had and put zetas on characters to be ready for the posted date just to experience this? **** CG!!! How do you compensate for that? Completely unfair.
    Event is being rescheduled, should be next week or 2 weeks from now

Be thankful, they put it in the calendar just so you know he's returning again this month
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I love people that get so mad when we don't agree with them that they have no choice but to say we are CG plants. It's truly breathtaking.

Thing is, you guys try to defend cg so bad it got to point that your actions went so far in defending them, that every single youtube content creator has made multiple videos about how bad the team is which you defend. So maybe just maybe you need to detach your lips from erik's back side and get real for the 1st time.

You cant just brute force your flaud logic on every single screw up.
    >community hates CG for being greedy
    >community loves game changers for clickbaiting, spreading false information, and causing players of the community to quit for views and money

Content creators aren't gospel
  • Options

So you are complaining for imaginary scenarios about nonexistent people making poor game decisions

Those people can speak up for themselves. The rewards were for first time players, and players who already completed the event prior (first and second timers) had no need to invest further in their toons since its already proven that they can complete it

If you are going to pretend to be mad at CG, at least have something believable to be upset about

It's not much of a stretch that someone who spent hours getting through it the first time would gear toons when they saw that the event would offer shards a 2nd time.

So imaginary is a bit rough. Out of thousands of players I'm sure a number got screwed this way as well. There have beem many examples of people who geared malak with money they wouldn't otherwise spend.

This was just another example of a reason why cg's solution is wholely inadequate.

But you'll defend cg for anything. So you're hardly objective. So to put it bluntly I don't care what you want to think.
  • Options
    @leef

DarkHelmet1138 wrote to Ultra:
    It must be very large (sic) to sleep at night defending bait and switch.

CCyrilS wrote:

DarkHelmet1138 wrote

You (leef) replied to DarkHelmet:
    You can't honestly think they're sabotaging their own game for what can only be minimal revenue gains ...

You are therefore clearly endorsing the idea of a screw up and rejecting the idea of a bait & switch, because that's the thread to which you're replying. You don't have to personally use the language, it's already there.

As for what I want from you, I don't really care much except that I want to accurately communicate what I'm saying. When you seem to misunderstand, I reply to try to clear up the communication.

The message from me is this:
    It's not hilarious to think this was intentional. People do irrational and self-destructive things all the time. Now, it's unlikely that they knew in advance that the consequences would be so negative, but that doesn't mean they didn't engage in their behavior intentionally every step of the way. Some manager delegates to someone b/c the manager is busy. That's not a scroo up. But that lower-level person doesn't have some piece of information, so they make an intentional decision to go forward with things a certain way. That's not a scroo up. Again, that's intentional. This results in people getting shards, and maybe that was a mistake, but maybe it wasn't. But then some people are outraged and CG, trying desperately to spin things, says it was a mistake. But just because a company says something doesn't make it true, and blaming a "bug" for your own bad choices has happened often enough in the computer world. (I did some professional programming years ago - only a little, but enough to see this "blaming the bug" thing in action). The truth is that we don't know if this was intentional all the way through but regretted after the fact or if it was, indeed, a mistake.

Therefore, when you treat DarkHelmet's comment as laughably unfounded, I disagree. Once you understand that it's not actually impossible that we could have arrived her by intentional decisions on CG's part, then my work here is done.

Feel free to have your own opinion on whether we got here through mistake or intention, but at least grant that we on the outside can't know (with currently available evidence) the difference between post-facto regret and true, unintended mistake.