Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    An in game pop-up just said there’s an update rolling out. Clearly it’s the Malak removal tool. But yeah, no actual communication. Cowardly.

What communication do you want?

"Remember that thing we said we would do? We're doing it."

I could go with clarification on GET currency. Noone has answered that one yet. Someone who bought 15 malak shards since the event started gets their malak rolled back to pre event shards so they'd lose those 15 shards, but nothing was mentioned about returning the 5,700 GET they spent on those 15 shards. Are they SOL?

I have clarified this in many posts, no you will not lose you GET.

You are not a position of authority when it comes to the vision or direction of this game. Sorry just had to point that out as you should not be accountable to be the voices of the devs as you tried and led people to believe this weekend. The devs need to answer to the community and show a little back bone.
  • Options
    Linkinxr wrote: »
    Crickets on a Monday Morning. CG still in Hiding. I’d say hearing from CG is about the same as hearing from a terrorist. Only speak when something bad happens and are usually behind the bad!
    An in game pop-up just said there’s an update rolling out. Clearly it’s the Malak removal tool. But yeah, no actual communication. Cowardly.

What exactly should be communicated? They posted their plan for fixing the bug on Friday afternoon, and now today (the first business day since their last post) they are rolling out the first wave of the fix as planned. Just because you don't like their solution (which the community never does), doesn't mean they need to make a post saying the same thing they said on Friday, but with an update of "We heard your thoughts, but are keeping our plan the same"

I expect them to make a statement about why they made their decision and not some **** about it's not fair to those who grind and hoard! it was a generic response to a big problem. I have a 7 star Malak G13 before this event. This is to address a bigger problem and I expect them to fix the problem. 1. if you whale to prep for GAS and got him at 5 Star and realized he absolutely worthless at that star that's a problem. There was no gameplay with him at 5 star only 7 star apparently. I expect them to fix this Epic confrontation event problem. I don't think the community cares about the mistake as much as the problem of paying so much for an event spending hundreds of dollars gearing up to have a toon sitting on the bench that can't be used until he's relic 7.

You must have missed the mega-thread that is longer than the Cheating thread, plus the few hundred posts in the reconciliation thread, clearly the community cares. They made their decision to take back the shards because thats what they should have done. As someone who momentarily had 7* malak due to this bug, they definitely needed to take them back to avoid negating the work done by previous players to level him up.

I've been reading all weekend. An error or bug is a fault of the game. Those things happen I get that. It's the epic confrontations. I got GAS after a weekend of torture. I didn't have Droideka Zeta so it made it that much harder. I expected to be able to drop GAS in Arena and Handle Business.... after watching video when the event was over you could clearly see GAS was a joke who's smoked in one hit from Relic 1-7 Darth Revan. The epic confrontation costs a lot of money to get the toons to the correct gear and relic level to complete it. Then to see it was nothing. Malak at Star 5 was still really good and dominating. GAS at star 5 is a bystander. The biggest problem is how terrible the event is to spend, I spent less on JKR, and he was dominating from day 1. no 5 star nonsense. pure good ol 7 star amazingness. I whaled on him and on GAS. Malak I was prepared for. So to not address that issue is irritating the whole community. drop a powerful character but you only get the shell until you get enough GET1 currency to make him whole. It's dumb. It's a straight Money Grab and they are treating us as a resource and not customers.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Chewy88 wrote: »

I could go with clarification on GET currency. Noone has answered that one yet. Someone who bought 15 malak shards since the event started gets their malak rolled back to pre event shards so they'd lose those 15 shards, but nothing was mentioned about returning the 5,700 GET they spent on those 15 shards. Are they SOL?

You are not a position of authority when it comes to the vision or direction of this game. Sorry just had to point that out as you should not be accountable to be the voices of the devs as you tried and led people to believe this weekend. The devs need to answer to the community and show a little back bone.

That is part of the position, we try to get information out to the player base when we can and help clarify where we can.

Also why not, as a player that cares about the game and in a position where I can get information, why shouldnt I be trying to help people with an understanding of what's going on?
  • Options

I apologize if I missed it from you. There are a million posts, most not helping the conversation. There was a post specifically about GET which had no answer from you or ar cg employee However, last I knew you were just a mod and not an official representative of cg so that's hard to consider it as cg communicating it.
  • Options

That is part of the position, we try to get information out to the player base when we can and help clarify where we can.

Also why not, as a player that cares about the game and in a position where I can get information, why shouldnt I be trying to help people with an understanding of what's going on?

Kyno,

Why don't you fight for the players? you go thru all these threads, why aren't you telling them how bad it is?
  • Options

It’s fine that you’ve tried but you’ve failed as the mess in communication from this weekend regarding how players would be compensated. I’m saying those that actually are doing the work of maintaining the game should come and address the player base. You are a middle man and in some cases that is all that is needed. This is not one of those times.
  • Options
    @littleMAC77
    As someone who momentarily had 7* malak due to this bug, they definitely needed to take them back to avoid negating the work done by previous players to level him up.

LOL.

No. Just no. It wouldn't "negate" the work done by previous players. The work done by previous players to get Malak to 7* ... drum roll please... got their Malaks to 7*. This is in no way at all undone by other players getting Malak to 7*, whether soon or late, whether using an easier or more difficult or the very same path that those first players took to get their 7* Malak.

That word, "negate"? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Feel free to support CG on whatever point you think they need support, but if you don't mind, could you please refrain from axe-murdering the facts and/or the english language while you're doing it. Much appreciated.

Sorry for offending you MasterSeedy, the almighty protector of the English language.

I guess I should have used one of the following: trivialized, cheapened, diminished. Next time I will remember to use perfect grammar and word choice on the internet :D

But my point is not "axe-murdering the facts", which you would have been able to tell if you had actually read and thought through my point. Say you had spent months farming the shards for a recent meta character, and then someone else was able to skip that long farm due to a bug. Would you feel that your time spent farming was cheapened/trivialized/diminished? Would you want this bug corrected so that all players had to go through the grind?

Feel free to police the internet's grammar, but please at least try to comprehend the point of the post first.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Crickets on a Monday Morning. CG still in Hiding. I’d say hearing from CG is about the same as hearing from a terrorist. Only speak when something bad happens and are usually behind the bad!

What exactly should be communicated? They posted their plan for fixing the bug on Friday afternoon, and now today (the first business day since their last post) they are rolling out the first wave of the fix as planned. Just because you don't like their solution (which the community never does), doesn't mean they need to make a post saying the same thing they said on Friday, but with an update of "We heard your thoughts, but are keeping our plan the same"

I expect them to make a statement about why they made their decision and not some **** about it's not fair to those who grind and hoard! it was a generic response to a big problem. I have a 7 star Malak G13 before this event. This is to address a bigger problem and I expect them to fix the problem. 1. if you whale to prep for GAS and got him at 5 Star and realized he absolutely worthless at that star that's a problem. There was no gameplay with him at 5 star only 7 star apparently. I expect them to fix this Epic confrontation event problem. I don't think the community cares about the mistake as much as the problem of paying so much for an event spending hundreds of dollars gearing up to have a toon sitting on the bench that can't be used until he's relic 7.

Since they clearly have no intention of changing that, there is no statement they could release that would make you happy.
  • Options

Kyno,

Why don't you fight for the players? you go thru all these threads, why aren't you telling them how bad it is?

Why do you assume he doesn't? I have seen evidence that he does, in fact, advocate for the players.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Perhaps a stupid question but what is the point in removing Malak from GET-store NOW?

Does CG wants to protect the players to pre-buy shards for the time after the fix? Wouldn't it be better to have this done right AFTER this bug was discovered?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno,

Who says I dont? Who says I didn't?

Not that anyone who believe me, but that is part of what we do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

It’s fine that you’ve tried but you’ve failed as the mess in communication from this weekend regarding how players would be compensated. I’m saying those that actually are doing the work of maintaining the game should come and address the player base. You are a middle man and in some cases that is all that is needed. This is not one of those times.

I understand you may feel that way, but that doesnt mean that is the only way things can happen. I would rather have a middle person (gotta be PC) trying to get information out there and be working to help the situation from both sides, than try to force a situation that "should be a certain way".
  • Options

Kyno,

Actions - "I talked to the dev's they are planning a follow up post" I talked to the Devs here's a screen shot of their responses........etc etc etc. regurgitating what they wrote and then blocking out anyone who remotely criticizes the Devs doesn't seem like you're fighting for the players or communicating on the players behalf. - call me crazy but if the whales are starting to feel like they are being treated as a resource instead of a customer I believe they've got bigger problems than just this bug!

• Options

Kyno,

Actions - "I talked to the dev's they are planning a follow up post" I talked to the Devs here's a screen shot of their responses........etc etc etc. regurgitating what they wrote and then blocking out anyone who remotely criticizes the Devs doesn't seem like you're fighting for the players or communicating on the players behalf. - call me crazy but if the whales are starting to feel like they are being treated as a resource instead of a customer I believe they've got bigger problems than just this bug!

Not sure if you think this is something Kyno should or should not do, but it is something he has done in the past when dev posts were unclear (communicate with the dev team and relay info here).
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

Kyno,

I think his biggest problem is being too scared to say “middle man” 😂

Now that’s funny right there. 😂
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno,

I am not allowed to share screenshots of my conversations with the dev team.

And I spoke to them and they are planning on doing exactly what they said..... as much as I am here to help, it is not productive for me to say they are going to do what they said they are going to do.

If they are planning to post something, we usually find out as it's being posted or they dont know the exact timing and all we know is it's going to happen, but could be today or in 2 days.... so again, it's not productive to just sit here and say "soon".

Call me crazy, but not everyone feels the same way you do and sometimes people just have a different opinion. Not everything is you vs them and anyone against you is with them.

What people do with their free time and $$, is not really any of my concern. I wish everyone the best at whatever they do, I'm not here to hold anyone feet to the fire, I dont think anyone is (devs included).
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @littleMAC77
    Sorry for offending you MasterSeedy, the almighty protector of the English language.

Apology accepted, from the bottom of my almighty heart.

I guess I should have used one of the following: trivialized, cheapened, diminished.

You could have done. I would still disagree, but at least then we would be in the realm of opinion and interpretation, rather than simply saying things that aren't true.
    Say you had spent months farming the shards for a recent meta character, and then someone else was able to skip that long farm due to a bug. Would you feel that your time spent farming was cheapened/trivialized/diminished?

You mean something like the time and effort I spent in arena day after day to get the crystals I needed to get Enfys Nest shards (when she was a big deal), before CG went and put her shards out there on a fleet node, free for anyone who doesn't even make an effort in either arena, with the only minor difference being that CG put Nest on the fleet node by accident?

Pfft, nah. My accomplishment was my accomplishment. Only I know exactly how much work I did or didn't put into it. It's exactly the same accomplishment whether or not someone else gets an easy path later.
    Would you want this bug corrected so that all players had to go through the grind?

Absolutely not. It is the way of the game that things that were once difficult get easier, and that things that once took longer eventually require less time.

Moreover, what we pay for (in crystals or cash) is the chance to have something while other people still don't have it. We rent the meta, we don't own it. And this is a good thing, because paying for toons and gear is what pays for the game to exist at all, but, and this is important, paying for toons and gear does not buy you an advantage unless there are a whole tone of people who don't pay for toons and gear. Imagine if you're playing a game where every single player is a whale. instead of shelling out money and getting an advantage, you shell out money just to tread water. In that situation, the whales stop spending and the game dies.

But you attract people to the game by advertising the meta -
    Look at this super-cool stuff! See this latest and greatest stuff! If you only play this game, you could do cool things like this meta toon does!

- you don't attract the FtP players that the whales need to make their spending worthwhile by touting clone wars Chewie or CUP or Gamorrean Guard.

But it's also darn hard to make the latest and greatest a selling point for FtP folks if it's going to take literally 3+ years to get them. Maybe they like the game. Maybe they even play it fairly consistently for a couple years. That's still not anywhere near enough to collect the GET necessary to get 7* Malak + 7* Skywalker.

Somewhere between 6 months and 12 months after something first becomes accessible if you spend a lot, there should be a new thing to spend a lot on, and the last thing that was expensive should become less so.

I do not want all the players to go through the same grind. I don't want it to be as hard to get GMY now as it was when I got GMY. What would be the point? I want casual players around who enjoy the game but fall before my latest-and-greatest whatever. I can't get matched up with them unless they make enough progress that someday they're in a guild that gets matched up against mine.
    Feel free to police the internet's grammar, but please at least try to comprehend the point of the post first.

I understood your point. It was a bad point. You want to make the game Sisyphean for everyone. I want to make the game fun for everyone. That means that I want the people who are behind the meta to have a way that they don't fall too far behind, to the point where whales only fight other whales. Since having the meta toons means you win more resources (since you win more arena victories and TB stars and such), the natural economy of this game is that inevitably the rich get richer.

In that joyless world, the whales never get the fun of smashing down an upstart FtP/minnow/dolphin and the upstarts never even get to see what it's like to get your Revan smashed but then have your Malak pull out a 1-on-3 or 1-on-4 victory.

I reject the joyless idea that everyone should have to win as many arena battles to get Nest as I did or spend as much GET on Malak as the whales who got him on the first pass (I got mine on the 2nd). I think that intentionally crafting such a game-world is almost as boneheaded as your previous use of the word "negate".
  • Options
    So what time tomorrow they rolling it back?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Soooooo...

We still haven got what is their plan right? Time is up and there is no nothing for that 250 crystals and all (I know these are the least they can do... But I don't mind the free things, don't hate me!!!)

On a more serious note... When is the event coming back??
  • Options
    I thought the shards for repeating the event was a good thing. When they figure out what they are doing, they should make it so that repeating the event gives you 5-10 shards. With the low frequency of the event, it wouldn't break their GET system to do that.

I was fun doing it again and there are similar events for Mother Talzin and Wicket that give shards for repeats.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just getting the popcorn ready for when cg's "fix" screws things up worse than they already are.
  • Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    Soooooo...

We still haven got what is their plan right? Time is up and there is no nothing for that 250 crystals and all (I know these are the least they can do... But I don't mind the free things, don't hate me!!!)

On a more serious note... When is the event coming back??

I believe it said 10/22 in a post... but they purposefully left off the year so who knows
  • Options
    Offtopic, I am the only one who thinks that Kyno is a troll and someone really high on drugs made him a mod?

Yes. It's just you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    6at4by52dbal.gif
    Still no answer from CG...
  • Options
    I hope they will refund all stuff we have put on Malak. I keep stuff from some month to put him at lvl13. So 8 pieces of stuff, all for gear max and relic lvl4 at the moment.... If they forget something it will be so sade. Why they don't put negative guild event money????!!!! We will be all at the same level of spend.
    I'll finally go to stop this game, they want to make money and money and money. Only do thi gs for cash player. I have a family, I'll spend sometime in SWGoH but my money is for my family before the game.
    They make an error, so be cool and stop to give only 250 crystal, you are rats..... The best way is to make negative guild event money....
  • Options

Kyno,

I am not allowed to share screenshots of my conversations with the dev team.

And I spoke to them and they are planning on doing exactly what they said..... as much as I am here to help, it is not productive for me to say they are going to do what they said they are going to do.

If they are planning to post something, we usually find out as it's being posted or they dont know the exact timing and all we know is it's going to happen, but could be today or in 2 days.... so again, it's not productive to just sit here and say "soon".

Call me crazy, but not everyone feels the same way you do and sometimes people just have a different opinion. Not everything is you vs them and anyone against you is with them.

What people do with their free time and $$, is not really any of my concern. I wish everyone the best at whatever they do, I'm not here to hold anyone feet to the fire, I dont think anyone is (devs included).

Honestly, all I get from your post is that CG doesn't care about all the time and effort we put into the event this time around. Oh, you had Malak before? HAVE STUFF FOR NOTHING!~ Oh, you didn't have Malak at 7*, we're gonna take your shards and give you nothing but 250 crystals which is worth next to nothing. Tell the devs they suck at compensation. I don't even wanna play this crapshow anymore. What a damned joke. You f'd up, don't make us pay for it.

• Options
    So... without reading all 17 pages of this thread, was there a consensus on what's happening with the Malak roll back tomorrow? I unlocked him this time around, so clearly not entitled to the bonus shard shop stuff but also didn't "exploit" anything since I did exactly what the event was intended for. And I got 20 shards of his in the GET shop and geared him to lvl 8 before I saw the news that this whole thing was effed.

So.... the "reconciliation plan" announcement says that gear and relics are going to be refunded, but do I get refunded 20 shards worth of GET, and the credits to level him up to 85? Should I take my mods off him in case they get mysteriously vanished?
  • Options
    Maybe they could add 2200 shard shop currency to the achievement or quest thing when a person unlocks a seven star malak?