Reconciliation Plan!?

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @vincentlondon
    Why dont they put a limit to prevent people hoarding currency. Like for example we cant keep more than N token?

Why is hoarding currency a bad thing?
  • Options
    So after all the whales will get extra compensation for the hours in stress?

F2P is dying....

Its ridiculous @CG_TopHat !
  • Options
    Playing an event for the posted reawrds isn't exploiting a bug. It's playing the game

it was posted on the forums, and you and I both know there were plenty of people who saw that and still played the event to receive the shards anyway. Maybe you didn’t. Maybe your friends didn’t. But there are certainly many people who did intentionally exploit, and they are being rewarded for it.

It wasn't posted that it was a bug until much later than the event started. Yes there were posts by players thinking it was a bug but not from the devs. I had already dine the event and promoted my malak to 7 stars by then.

Changing the rewards after I completed the even is bait and switch.
  • mvs84
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I really believe that if you want to do this right, you should give people back all the resources spent yesterday for any character. A full rollback. Fragments, gear pieces, crystals, money... Not just what you want. It's your mistake, assume and keep the players happier. Everyone can make mistakes, but you are accumulating too many and we are tired of paying for them.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If Best Buy accidentally shipped you an OLED tv instead of a phone case, do you think they're going to say "ah you know what, our bad. just keep the TV"?
    It doesn't matter what Best Buy says. If this were to happen in the United States, you would be under no obligation to return or pay for any unsolicited merchandise that a retailer sends to you. In fact it would be a crime for them to demand payment or return. You may volunteer to return it at the merchant's expense, if you want to.

That's assuming the package is addressed to you. If it's delivered to the wrong address, then you do have an obligation to either pass it on to the intended recipient or give it back to the delivery company.

Per the website of the Federal Trade Commission, a regulatory agency of the U.S. government:
    Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?
    A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.
    https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

The U.S. Postal Service also confirms that info:

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-Options-Do-I-Have-Regarding-Unwanted-Unsolicited-Mail

In an internet videogame you might not have any rights. But in the world of real physical objects, you actually do.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Stupid question, but what happens to the players who upgraded their Malak with GET after the event started instead of abusing this bug because they weren't aware of it? Will they get their GET back to reapply the 6/7*, or can the CG-throwbackmachine filter them out and do not touch their state?
  • Options
    o330zfqxp7r8.gif
  • Options
    rokota wrote: »
    Stupid question, but what happens to the players who upgraded their Malak with GET after the event started instead of abusing this bug because they weren't aware of it? Will they get their GET back to reapply the 6/7*, or can the CG-throwbackmachine filter them out and do not touch their state?

Not a stupid question at all. Some people are in the same boat as you. They will probably solve those on a case by case basis. I'd say contact support and try to get a refund. You'd definitely deserve one.
  • Options
    Why is a solution so hard for CG?

___1___Everyone who had a 7 star malak and completed the event a second time gets nothing (they already got shard shop)

___2___Then give everyone else 2k shard shop.

___3___Then refund gear.

___4___Reset malak to 1201 am.

Problem solved fairly to all people....

sure some guys who spent several hundred dollars on gear instantly gonna be mad because they dont need it now without a 7 star malak but they still have it in inventory and should have malak 7 star soon... plus no one forced them to spend hundreds immediately that's out of CG control. they bought gear and refreshes if it's that big of a deal to them then they can do a chargeback and risk an in game ban.
  • CommradeG
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I’m quitting the game it’s slowly got worse over the last year and this plan has pushed it. For once I thought they were doing something right!

I have been playing the game for a few years why a waste of time. I can only see the sinking ship sinking in the horizon.

Mobile gamer is right will have to look at his suggested games that are out performing this game.
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    153 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    All the people crying about using gear to level up ill gotten shards then... jog on

It's not cg that lose out. It's the community. Why should you get gains that basically **** the other players. Such a selfish attitude to take.

Malak is old news. With GSW out and episode 9 out in 6-8 weeks cg got plenty of cash options.
  • Options
    This is such a joke. CG you are the ones who messed up... AGAIN. I dont know how you are operating this game anymore but its bug after bug after bug after bug and after every single one you punish your player base. I really hope you enjoy this farce while it lasts because your ship is sinking... fast. If i were you Id be looking in the papers for job openings, ****.
  • Options
    Why is a solution so hard for CG?

___1___Everyone who had a 7 star malak and completed the event a second time gets nothing (they already got shard shop)

___2___Then give everyone else 2k shard shop.

___3___Then refund gear.

___4___Reset malak to 1201 am.

Problem solved fairly to all people....

sure some guys who spent several hundred dollars on gear instantly gonna be mad because they dont need it now without a 7 star malak but they still have it in inventory and should have malak 7 star soon... plus no one forced them to spend hundreds immediately that's out of CG control. they bought gear and refreshes if it's that big of a deal to them then they can do a chargeback and risk an in game ban.

Define soon? Not that I spent to gear my now 7* Malak (still g11+4), but since I started pre event 6* 0/100, I'm 100 shards short, so 38,000 get short, so about 3-4 months away. Not necessarily soon... By then, he might be 2 meta teams away
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    DJT1 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Davie96 wrote: »
    Ededed wrote: »
    Davie96 wrote: »
    People are misunderstanding the plan. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and didn't redo the event today, will get the full reward. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid one side of the event and got shards, will receive half of the shards. If a person had a 7 star Malak, and redid both sides of the event, they already got their shard shop currency.

Actually i think everyone understands that part. What they don't understand is why Only 7* owners get to keep (basically) the 150 bugged shards worth of stuff.
    Not just keep but are being given if they didn't even do it in the first place.

I suppose to balance it out. Anyone that did the event basically already got the currency.
    5* and 6* Malak owners don't get any currency....especially if they didn't participate in the event before CG pulled it. 7* owners get currency regardless. It's not balancing out anything. It's giving a hand out to the players who need it the least.

Honestly, I don't understand how a rational adult could look at the reconciliation plan and think "Yep, that looks fair."

I realize we're basically only talking about 2 full carbantis here - but it's the principle.
    Honestly, I can't see how a rational adult would think its unfair

Not being rude, but please explain how it’s fair 7 star owners get 2250 shard store currency on top of gems but everyone else completing event second time gets gems only? Rational adult here says that’s not fair?
    How is it fair to re-run this event so quickly so soon? For people who invested the first time and the second time around, its not a good ROI unlike other events, that historically meant that Malak's third return should be in December, and out of those 6 months, most of us had him at 5 stars for 4 months, just like the majority of General Skywalker owners, and as everyone is saying, he is toons are unusable at 5 stars

so we didn't get to play with Malak until 4 months after April. As someone who got him the first time, it seems I'm being punished for getting him so soon

Are you saying Malak at 5* is useless, or only referring to GAS? Cause as you are probably well aware, Malak at 5* (especially before g13/relics when he was released) was still probably the 3rd best toon in the game, so the ROI has been huge for 1st and even (likely myself) a second timer.

This is the Marquee purchase vs farm debate.
  • Options
    Yeah I specificially spent money on crystals i otherwise would not have to gear up malak this is not acceptable
  • Options
    If we got Malak in this event, will we be able to keep him when everything rolls back? I was so excited to get him at 5* and now am dreading Tuesday in case they take him away.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    If they aren't going to refund the money spent for the sole purpose of gearing up malak, then it's time to start disputing the purchases. There's no reason to let them scam you out of your money. Filing disputes is what we have advised our whole alliance to do.

Serious question, do you think you won't be getting Malak again with that gear or something?

I have malak.

Ok then answer for whomever you were complaining for.

People spent money with an objective in mind, with the belief that the money/crystals/gear would immediately be going towards a toon that they recently 7*. Since that wont be happening they have every right to request a refund.

You and Ultra can defend CG day in, day out over every incident if you want, but I'm going to make sure the players who consistently get s*****d by them know that they have options.

Sure, they have every right.

I mean, if they get their Malak three days later, I don't see why it's the end of the world, but ok.

Its going to be months to save up 100 shards of Malak. Do you think I want all that gear in my inbox that long? I could save it in that amount of time. I'm disputing charges and I suggest everyone else do the same to show this is not acceptable. Services were not as described.
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    153 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    KrakenFabs wrote: »
    If we got Malak in this event, will we be able to keep him when everything rolls back? I was so excited to get him at 5* and now am dreading Tuesday in case they take him away.

You'll be ok mate. You earnt him fairly if you did both ls and ds halves. Then you'll keep him.
  • Options
    If they aren't going to refund the money spent for the sole purpose of gearing up malak, then it's time to start disputing the purchases. There's no reason to let them scam you out of your money. Filing disputes is what we have advised our whole alliance to do.

Serious question, do you think you won't be getting Malak again with that gear or something?

I have malak.

Ok then answer for whomever you were complaining for.

People spent money with an objective in mind, with the belief that the money/crystals/gear would immediately be going towards a toon that they recently 7*. Since that wont be happening they have every right to request a refund.

You and Ultra can defend CG day in, day out over every incident if you want, but I'm going to make sure the players who consistently get s*****d by them know that they have options.

Sure, they have every right.

I mean, if they get their Malak three days later, I don't see why it's the end of the world, but ok.

Its going to be months to save up 100 shards of Malak. Do you think I want all that gear in my inbox that long? I could save it in that amount of time. I'm disputing charges and I suggest everyone else do the same to show this is not acceptable. Services were not as described.

Money is spent for fast character boosts in this game no matter what way you look at it. For those that bought G12 and G13 for Malak its a negating the "fast" that you paid for. The gear could be farmed over the time period of months. I want my money back and I will get it.

• Options
    This is utter ****. I was 5/100 prior to the event, why does someone with a 7* Malak get **** Currency when I don’t get shards of currency? That’s not a level playing field at all. I’m not a whale but I’m not fully f2p either, this is looking like the moment that puts me over the edge with this game after approaching 4 years of it. CG have got this badly wrong.
  • Options
    The only fair way to fix this is give GET back to the people who already had 7* Malak. Rolling back has too many variables.
  • Options
    No to the plan. It was GC's fault and now we pay for it? That is a rookie mistake in crisis handling 101.

In my head, the most fair solution would be to just let it all be as it is. I have priviously written a bit on how that actually could be a decent compromise in the whole "Unlock at 5 starts - GET curency shortage" catastrophe. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1984683#Comment_1984683
  • Options
    Well, that's it for me from SWGOH.

Players who didn't have Malak 7* get rolled back, get 250 crystals for the trouble.

People who had Malak 7* get 2250 Shards and 250 crystals.

Why is CG rewarding some players even more than others. Doesn't make any sense.

This unfairness is the straw that broke the camel's back and I am out.
  • Options
    Allo,havent been here in ages,its not worth my time,but oh well,today is a good day.

My opinion is man up and own your mistakes,dont take anything back,couse you are **** all your customers and you cant refund everything anyway.
    Some folks got lucky,got extra shards,thats fine in my book,bugs do happen,but rollbacks,its a big big no for me.

Oh and for those that might say something,no i didnt get anything,i still havent farmed for revans.

Am I missing something or did this event not just start last night? The event lasted like 12 hours, people benefitted for under 1 day, a rollback is just fine, that's what they should have done. If Best Buy accidentally shipped you an OLED tv instead of a phone case, do you think they're going to say "ah you know what, our bad. just keep the TV"?

I dont think its a good example comparison couse many ppl spend money,crystals to make malak at g13,with relics etc they coudnt get him past g11 if he wasnt 7 stars,how are you gonna reimburse those ppl and no dont tell me you can use that items after 6 months,thats laughable.

They need to do damage control,i read in forums,discords ppl quitting if they will do that rollback,so if you get that vibe what would you do in this case if it was up to you?They allready lost many paying players couse of relics,sure those numbers wont show now,but they will on next quarter.

Also like hell i would send the tv back,over my dead body,lol,ok some light humour.

• Options
    Everyone should get the crystals and shard shop currency PERIOD. This was a bug and everyone should get the same compensation for it. It would be no different than if any other previously completed event popped back up. If the EP, GMY, CLS, BB-8, JTR, R2-D2, C-3P0, Chewbacca, Thrawn, JKR, DR, or Padmè event popped up and allowed you to complete it again for shards, you would know it was a mistake. So why would anyone think that it isn't a mistake that you were able to do the Malak event again and earn extra shards.
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    So, why wouldn't they give everyone the 2k currency? Why let a small portion of the playerbase benefit from a bug, and not let everyone get the same benefit?

Couse for me you actually dont correct a wrong by making another wrong,doesnt add up.

• Options
    Question: if the forums mods have direct access to the devs as Kyno claims, why do they not simply ask the devs to clarify their statement. It would take 1 dev about 10 minutes to add a second post clarifying the original ambiguous post.
    Answer 1: the mods do NOT actually have access to the devs.
    Answer 2: the devs dont care enough about you to spit on you if you were on fire.