123457Next

Replies

• Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Lanbo wrote: »
    If you really and truly hate the game mode, rather than purposely trying to screw someone over by only putting a single team on defense, why not simply put your best teams on defense. By doing so, it's possible you could win if they don't play either and you still give the other guy a challenge.

To prevent them from progressing. This keeps them from gaining an advantage on you.

They already have an advantage on you. You're hindering yourself more.

Not really if I'm already in my top league for the GAC and I cant beat the enemy just post 1 team to prevent them from going up another league.

I get same rewards regardless

Opponent doesn't progress further.

Seems legit to me

How does this even work? How can you be in “your top league” yet simultaneously prevent your opponent from going up another league? If you’re in the top league, surely your opponent can’t go up a league?

Seriously - you should, just even for one GA within a GA - actually TRY to compete. You might surprise yourself. And it would make you a better person?

I cant reach kyber... it's my top league because I cant reach the next one, not that I'm already in THE top league, but this applies down the ladder for all who cant get another league promotion.

I do compete, but I also know when theres nothing to compete for and when that happens I make sure no one else can progress (because I cant myself)
    I just lost my previous match, which removed all hope of reaching Kyber.

In setting up for my final match of the whole GAC, I have set a pretty normal defence and intend to try and win the match.

I just can’t bring myself to behave in the way you do, because I’m a grown up, and because there’s better rewards at the end of the GA in it.

There is no "better rewards" if your going to lose your ga match (maybe they have a 7 star r7 malak, and you cant make a higher division your not getting anything for a extra 700 championship score.

You can beleive it's better but your wrong.

I think you're forgetting that there are event rewards for your group of 8. Maybe you don't care about getting better event rewards, but it's a fact that if you win, you'll get better rewards.
  • Options
    If I win my final match I will get this:
    vrfxibqgjlm5.png

If I lose my final match, I will get this:
    kqub0h5g6zy2.png

I think I’m entitled to believe one is better than the other.

I agree 100%, I suggest you re read what I said if you think I think they are equal your missing a huge piece of what I said.
  • Options
    If you really and truly hate the game mode, rather than purposely trying to screw someone over by only putting a single team on defense, why not simply put your best teams on defense. By doing so, it's possible you could win if they don't play either and you still give the other guy a challenge.

To prevent them from progressing. This keeps them from gaining an advantage on you.

Not really if I'm already in my top league for the GAC and I cant beat the enemy just post 1 team to prevent them from going up another league.

Seems legit to me

How does this even work? How can you be in “your top league” yet simultaneously prevent your opponent from going up another league? If you’re in the top league, surely your opponent can’t go up a league?

Seriously - you should, just even for one GA within a GA - actually TRY to compete. You might surprise yourself. And it would make you a better person?

I cant reach kyber... it's my top league because I cant reach the next one, not that I'm already in THE top league, but this applies down the ladder for all who cant get another league promotion.

I do compete, but I also know when theres nothing to compete for and when that happens I make sure no one else can progress (because I cant myself)

Quick question because I've never encountered someone like you in my GAC: what points does your opponent get? Do they get the points for clearing each zone automatically or not? Do they get the points for each attack automatically or not? I'm curious how this works. If they get the points automatically then the only thing they are getting screwed on is feats. If they don't get those points at all and instead only get points for defense plus the one attack and one zone clear, then that's super busted and needs to be fixed (of course the whole thing needs to be fixed so this can't happen at all). I recall CG said when there is a by-week for someone they get full points.

They will still miss on feats, it looks like the scoring was updated recently so people now get points for 64 a win if you dont set any defenses so people will need to update the harm thy enemy strategy to just set the toughest 8 defenses players can possibly field to inflict maximum reward minimization to their opponents.
  • Options

Seems legit to me

In setting up for my final match of the whole GAC, I have set a pretty normal defence and intend to try and win the match.

I just can’t bring myself to behave in the way you do, because I’m a grown up, and because there’s better rewards at the end of the GA in it.

There is no "better rewards" if your going to lose your ga match (maybe they have a 7 star r7 malak, and you cant make a higher division your not getting anything for a extra 700 championship score.

I think you're forgetting that there are event rewards for your group of 8. Maybe you don't care about getting better event rewards, but it's a fact that if you win, you'll get better rewards.

Maybe you missed the part where people dont do this strategy if they have a chance at winning that round (or even if they actually plan on even playing during attack phase).

People who have no shot at winning their round (say they are facing a r7 malak) do this strategy to limit their opponents progression.

Seems pretty simple to me but still amazed that so many people on here dont get the simple concept of when you know your going to lose do xyz....

I simply said rewards are the same meaning

rewards for losing and trying to win
    =
    Rewards for losing while trying to prevent enemy from progressing.
    =
    Rewards for doing nothing at all

Which is all 100% true.

yet many still fall back on hey if you win rewards are better than losing therefore they claim what I said was invalid. No... you people just aren't very good at understanding the logic behind why people do this.
  • Options

Seems legit to me

Maybe you missed the part where people dont do this strategy if they have a chance at winning that round (or even if they actually plan on even playing during attack phase).

People who have no shot at winning their round (say they are facing a r7 malak) do this strategy to limit their opponents progression.

Seems pretty simple to me but still amazed that so many people on here dont get the simple concept of when you know your going to lose do xyz....

=
    =

Which is all 100% true.

yet many still fall back on hey if you win rewards are better than losing therefore they claim what I said was invalid. No... you people just aren't very good at understanding the logic behind why people do this.

The only thing I was missing is that you're giving up. You are assuming that you can't win solely because of someone's roster and you're giving up. There's more to it than just what they have, it's how they use it. You keep bringing up R7 Malak. That doesn't guarantee anything. I have one and I don't always win. Others I go up against have them and it doesn't guarantee them a win. If they don't put it on defense you'll never even go up against it. Most I've gone up against seem to save their best teams for offense to get the feats completed.
  • Options

Seems legit to me

=
    =

Which is all 100% true.

The only thing I was missing is that you're giving up. You are assuming that you can't win solely because of someone's roster and you're giving up. There's more to it than just what they have, it's how they use it. You keep bringing up R7 Malak. That doesn't guarantee anything. I have one and I don't always win. Others I go up against have them and it doesn't guarantee them a win. If they don't put it on defense you'll never even go up against it. Most I've gone up against seem to save their best teams for offense to get the feats completed.

When u only have 1 relic at r4 then facing a roster with a r7 malak, especially with r7 bastilla means u will lose 100% and this team goes on D 99% of the time especially if you dont have a gg or padme team why would someone save r7 malak for offense if putting him on D can 100% guarantee a win since the enemy cant beat it.

I totally disagree that people with r7 malaks are saving malak for offense when their opponents dont even have a counter to malak. Sure maybe somewhere sometime someone did, but you shouldnt be basing your argument on something that is extremely rare occurence.
  • Options
    The promotion rewards for Div 6 are total crap until you get to Kyber, and even there they throw you total garbage gear other than a few holos.

I enjoy GAC but find myself caring less about winning (even though rarely lose) because the rewards are lacklustre for a month long event.

The Zetas are good, another Omega would be nice, more tokens for wins are needed, and especially MORE USEFUL GEAR is needed for me to care. Yes, you get a bunch of tokens at the end, but you will need that for Kyro and finishers, so essentially for a month long event I get ZERO gear, yeah not happy about it, still, have complained many times on deaf ears
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Seems legit to me

=
    =

Which is all 100% true.

When u only have 1 relic at r4 then facing a roster with a r7 malak, especially with r7 bastilla means u will lose 100%

This does not remotely comport with my experience.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    @Ratinira I agree with you also. I only set my first defense down and that’s it. To me, GA/GAC is the worse mode in the game and I don’t play it. TB’s and raids are a different story though. I go all in on those modes

Do you set a full defense in round 1 or only one team?

Oh wait, there's two readings of that post, isn't there?

Indeed, there is. You and Lanbo appeared to read it differently than I, so I thought I'd ask JDIII instead of guessing which way is correct :-)

My comment stands regardless of the interpretation. The world is still filled with jerks that take things out on the wrong people.

But JDIII is not necessarily one of them.
  • Options
    A one week long event should rewards better, just saying.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Wartoy wrote: »
    What it boils down to, is matchmaking. You can be Sun-f....ing-Tzu, for all i care. No amount of luck or strategy will help you defeat an opponent with 300k+ or more GP then you have.

I disagree. It happens.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    charlyw64 wrote: »
    Also, I don't think you're understanding matchmaking. You don't face G13 and relic'd teams because you're at the bottom of a division.

Tell that to the matchmaking process - faced GAC G13/r7 already...

I didn't say you don't face that. I said you don't face it because of the place you sit in a division. You face it because of your top GP vs your opp top GP, and they apparently have more at the top and less at the bottom of the toons that are used to calculate the matchmaking GP. Disagree with the mm if you want, but your place in the division is irrelevant.

Be that as it may but it makes the whole game mode as enjoyable as a root canal...

Work on your roster.

Enjoy playing against the 1 team I set. Probably Ewoks.

What's your gg link? I suspect we wouldn't be matched up.

I suspect you are in division 1 as well, >4.5 million GP

I am not. Do you have a gg link? I'll share mine if you share yours.

https://swgoh.gg/p/163999245/

Detective Darjelo reckons this is him

So no, you will never be punished by his sulking

I found more than one, but I agree that's the more likely one. The other one doesn't complain about GAC I'll bet.

Yes, please punish that player...😂

So my "work on your roster" comment holds for you as well. If you don't want to, that's fine. But GAC is a championship, it's intended to test people's rosters and skills against each other. If you don't like that, don't join. If you think you should get rewards for not doing anything, join and set nothing. Setting one D just to mess up someone else is purely vindictive, with it directed in the wrong place to boot.

Of course, it's high time for CG to fix this, so players like you can't ruin the fun for another player, just because you're mad that you aren't able to compete.

“Skills.” 😂. There’s no skill in this game.

The only skill required is to open the wallet... There are other games which don't suffer from the ever lasting power creep and single toon meta - enjoying that much more, especially since the current meta isn't even remotely linked to Star Wars...
  • Options

I disagree. It happens.

Yeah well, i diasgree with you disagreeing, so there ...

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Wartoy wrote: »

I disagree. It happens.

Yeah well, i diasgree with you disagreeing, so there ...

Since it happens, I'm right and you're wrong.
  • Options
    Raven714 wrote: »
    I've noticed in my Grand Arena people are not playing anymore I guess the computer is just filling the empty spots with whatever
    Starting to become a ghost town
    Is this happening to anyone else?

I am div2 and got the same stalemate over this entire gac month I havent been attacked once yet and didn't bother myself,
    As a mode I find it boring for no real prize it's just mirror match after mirror match and like arena that's no fun (I know not everyone is getting this experience and so do enjoy the mode and more for them)
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Also, I don't think you're understanding matchmaking. You don't face G13 and relic'd teams because you're at the bottom of a division.

I didn't say you don't face that. I said you don't face it because of the place you sit in a division. You face it because of your top GP vs your opp top GP, and they apparently have more at the top and less at the bottom of the toons that are used to calculate the matchmaking GP. Disagree with the mm if you want, but your place in the division is irrelevant.

Be that as it may but it makes the whole game mode as enjoyable as a root canal...

Work on your roster.

I found more than one, but I agree that's the more likely one. The other one doesn't complain about GAC I'll bet.

So my "work on your roster" comment holds for you as well. If you don't want to, that's fine. But GAC is a championship, it's intended to test people's rosters and skills against each other. If you don't like that, don't join. If you think you should get rewards for not doing anything, join and set nothing. Setting one D just to mess up someone else is purely vindictive, with it directed in the wrong place to boot.

Of course, it's high time for CG to fix this, so players like you can't ruin the fun for another player, just because you're mad that you aren't able to compete.

The only skill required is to open the wallet...

That's one method, sure.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Work on your roster.

The only skill required is to open the wallet...

That's one method, sure.

The trick is being able to reach into your pocket so deep you can scratch the bottom of your foot at the same time ; )
  • Options
    Since it happens, I'm right and you're wrong.

Well, that certainly put me in my place. Well played, sir!
  • Options
    When u only have 1 relic at r4 then facing a roster with a r7 malak, especially with r7 bastilla means u will lose 100%

Hmmm. Calling shenanigans on this one.

I do not own Malak (yet) nor have a great Dr Evan squad and I face a Dr Evan/Malak owner pretty much every time in GAC

The last 9 owners have put this team on D and 8 of them lost.
    It is very possible to beat them through efficiency, clearing all the teams that you have access to, putting a sturdy enough D down to limit their clearance opportunities and then pipping them on points.

It can work, it certainly does for me. Maybe it might work for you?
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    @Ratinira I agree with you also. I only set my first defense down and that’s it. To me, GA/GAC is the worse mode in the game and I don’t play it. TB’s and raids are a different story though. I go all in on those modes

Do you set a full defense in round 1 or only one team?

Oh wait, there's two readings of that post, isn't there?

Indeed, there is. You and Lanbo appeared to read it differently than I, so I thought I'd ask JDIII instead of guessing which way is correct :-)

My comment stands regardless of the interpretation. The world is still filled with jerks that take things out on the wrong people.

But JDIII is not necessarily one of them.

Agreed. It's a general statement about mankind (unfortunately).

Seems legit to me

=
    =

Which is all 100% true.

When u only have 1 relic at r4 then facing a roster with a r7 malak, especially with r7 bastilla means u will lose 100% and this team goes on D 99% of the time especially if you dont have a gg or padme team why would someone save r7 malak for offense if putting him on D can 100% guarantee a win since the enemy cant beat it.

I totally disagree that people with r7 malaks are saving malak for offense when their opponents dont even have a counter to malak. Sure maybe somewhere sometime someone did, but you shouldnt be basing your argument on something that is extremely rare occurence.

How could you possibly know? You've already thrown in the towel so clearly you're not even willing to attempt it to see. I've beaten full DR/Malak relic 7 teams with other teams that only had at most relic 2. Sometimes their mods are crap, sometimes I get lucky, and sometimes it's because I have to take multiple attempts. I don't always put my DR/Malak on defense. It depends on what I think my opponent is going to do. I study their roster each time and hope for the best. If you don't think that's worth your time and effort, then I wholeheartedly support your decision not to invest your time and energy into doing so. But I still think it's a **** move to try to screw other people over. Your whole "I don't want them to advance" argument doesn't fly. They are still 100% going to advance farther than you when you do that. They get a free pass and at a minimum they get extra tokens to spend on gear to get further ahead of you.