Double drops

12346Next

Replies

• Options
    Paleon wrote: »
    @DarjeloSalas I don't have to show you anything to prove to you that I was getting low drop rates. I did get low drop rates. Who are you? You work for CG? Disappear along with the other naysayers. I'm calling all of you CG Inquisitors from now on. CGIs. Lmfao. You're all a joke.

@Paleon Who am I? I’m a Maths graduate who now teaches Maths in school. When we teach statistics, we teach pupils about the importance of valid data and the reliability of data.

You have provided no data, not even the smallest sample of one screenshot. There are several other threads in this forum where people have been tracking data over hundreds and thousands of drops - and they all return the same shard probability estimate of around 33%.

If you genuinely think that you posting blandishments about drop rates without one shred of evidence to back them up carries anything like the same weight as the big data set threads, then I thank you - it’s always good to know when I’m wasting my energy trying to explain something to someone that isn’t being rational.

Oh - and at my school we also teach people manners and how to communicate with others in a respectful way. Maybe you should enrol?
  • Options
    Some of these drop rates seem rigged. Be careful players. Don't listen to the rest of these yahoos. I bet you're gonna say Republic Offensive was easy. Lmfao.
  • Options
    Some of these drop rates seem rigged. Be careful players. Don't listen to the rest of these yahoos. I bet you're gonna say Republic Offensive was easy. Lmfao.

Show us your data...

Oh - forgot. You don’t need to back your claims up.

• TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

Well actually RO is darn near impossible.

Drop rates are not rigged.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Yeah, don't listen to all these fools asking for evidence to a claim, we need more evidence to prove us wrong first!
  • Options
    This dumb, worn-out thread is rigged to keep popping up as a recent discussion every few days.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the mathslaughs
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    This dumb, worn-out thread is rigged to keep popping up as a recent discussion every few days.

It is odd, isn't it? It's such a stupid thread to keep getting bumped, on both sides. While no one can ever prove whether they mess with the drop rates or not, for me personally, they certainly don't have the benefit of the doubt. Other games post their drop rates (games like ****, Timelines and PuzzleQuest come to mind). GOH shows none.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    SkylarSong wrote: »

It is odd, isn't it? It's such a stupid thread to keep getting bumped, on both sides. While no one can ever prove whether they mess with the drop rates or not, for me personally, they certainly don't have the benefit of the doubt. Other games post their drop rates (games like ****, Timelines and PuzzleQuest come to mind). GOH shows none.

Except for community tracked data that shows no rigging....
  • SkylarSong
    158 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

There's barely any tracking that can be meaningfully done during double drops, as it lasts nowhere nearly as long
  • Options

So, you believe other games when they post their drop rates but you don't believe CG when they say they don't change drop rates?

If you won't believe CG when they have said several times that they don't change drop rates why would you believe some post or data table that showed the drop rates? Wouldn't they both be very easy to lie about?
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

So, you believe other games when they post their drop rates but you don't believe CG when they say they don't change drop rates?

If you won't believe CG when they have said several times that they don't change drop rates why would you believe some post or data table that showed the drop rates? Wouldn't they both be very easy to lie about?

Because the other games do so because they're forced, by law, to do so, and if caught lying, will be in legal trouble.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

There's barely any tracking that can be meaningfully down during double drops, as it lasts nowhere nearly as long

So all the other claims can be debunked because of data, but this one is open to discussion.... OK. Makes perfect sense.
  • Options

There's barely any tracking that can be meaningfully down during double drops, as it lasts nowhere nearly as long

So all the other claims can be debunked because of data, but this one is open to discussion.... OK. Makes perfect sense.

Data is only useful when it's over large quantities over an extended period of time. If I wanted to, I could claim that "100% of people hate Jews!" and have data that proves it, but when I only asked 5 devout Neo-**** for the poll, it's completely meaningless
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Because the other games do so because they're forced, by law, to do so, and if caught lying, will be in legal trouble.

That’s a much different argument than the one I quoted. It also makes it sound like you're comparing apples (drop rates of things purchased with real money) to oranges (drop rates of things acquired through game play).

CG does publish drop rates of things purchased with real money.
  • Options

That’s a much different argument than the one I quoted. It also makes it sound like you're comparing apples (drop rates of things purchased with real money) to oranges (drop rates of things acquired through game play).

CG does publish drop rates of things purchased with real money.

I suppose when it comes to a company that shows respect for their playerbase, I'm more willing to give the benefit of the doubt on their claims. CG has used up all my goodwill.
  • Options
    So the solution here, one would assume, is gather all of the angry whiners about drop rates together, have a nice big rant about it until the next time they come along, then honestly provide the results that you all get and compile the data. Of course you would have to agree who could do it beforehand, otherwise people with bad drop rates would join and skew the data due to confirmation bias. Plus, if you say there aren't enough of you for a valid sample over 2-3 days, then all that shows is that you're wrong to think there's anything happening in the first place, because there aren't enough people who get bad drops for it to seem like the drop rates are rigged. However that would require organisation and getting some of these people to actually think and be reasonable, which has never worked in the past.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Double drops are over. Time to move on.... Bigger thing to complain about were just released
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

Data is only useful when it's over large quantities over an extended period of time. If I wanted to, I could claim that "100% of people hate Jews!" and have data that proves it, but when I only asked 5 devout Neo-**** for the poll, it's completely meaningless

Well actually we have lots of data for everything else, which supports no rigging, including timer periods leading up to events. You're basically saying that they might rig double drops despite all the evidence that they don't rig anything else. If you want to say that, cool.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The drop rates aren't what they should be for the harder to farm items. These are facts.

Saying something doesn't make it a fact.

The less said about the rest of your post the better.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

The drop rates aren't what they should be for the harder to farm items.

Really? That's interesting news. I'm excited. Let me hear more. What are the drop rates? For which items? What should they be?
    These are facts.

Please present your facts. I'm all ears/eyes.

• Options
    I'm going to break this down for you once again. And just before you call me a shill or some other such nonsense all my posts the past few days have been trailing against CG for LS Geo and the gear crunch. Check my profile and you can see my posts to verify (oh look that's called evidence).

Ok back to a very basic analogy.

You are the accuser.
    CG is the alleged perpetrator.
    In this instance the forum community are the investigators and basically judge to because you brought this accusation to our attention and are looking to the forums for validation.

You accused CG of changing the drop rates. (Accusation of crime)
    CG has said multiple times they dont change drop rates (plead not guilty as is their right and they are innocent until PROVEN guilty)
    Investigations have already been done on this subject by the community (us the invedtigators) from a large sample to show drop rates are consistent at 33%. So all actual factual evidence points to CG doesn't change drop rates.
    When asked to show your evidence you produce none and just claim your experience and that of others without any statistical evidence.
    Case dismissed based on lack of evidence.

It's not up to CG to disprove your claim. Let me break this down further.

In a criminal trial the burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the crime was committed. You are asking CG, the company you accuse of wrong doing, to prosecute themselves.

In a civil trial there are several different burdens of proof, usually preponderance of the evidence. And the vast majority of the time unless the defendant is proving an affirmative defense, the burden of proof is on the plaintiff (which in this case would be you).

You have not met your burden of proof under any circumstance.
  • Options

It is odd, isn't it? It's such a stupid thread to keep getting bumped, on both sides. While no one can ever prove whether they mess with the drop rates or not, for me personally, they certainly don't have the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry I'm late. The proof train has pulled in. Here you go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ckb8kn/character_shards_droprate_15k_observations/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5uywkd/cantina_drop_rates_a_75_day_and_counting_study/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7zkm45/drop_rates_for_purple_gear/

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196365/new-old-republic-characters-drop-rates-day-28-completed/p1

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/13492/drop-rate-tracking

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9l0vbj/finished_my_first_single_hard_node_farm_sabine_i/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6tvur9/my_old_benz_farming_statistics/

Now, at this point, as I see it, you have two choices:
    1) Pull your tin foil hat down even tighter around your ears, disregarding all the data, hard work and time your fellow players have put in on your behalf to track the drop rates over significant sample sizes over various nodes, types and times.

2) Admit that you are mistaken.

Your move.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

It is odd, isn't it? It's such a stupid thread to keep getting bumped, on both sides. While no one can ever prove whether they mess with the drop rates or not, for me personally, they certainly don't have the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ckb8kn/character_shards_droprate_15k_observations/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5uywkd/cantina_drop_rates_a_75_day_and_counting_study/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7zkm45/drop_rates_for_purple_gear/

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196365/new-old-republic-characters-drop-rates-day-28-completed/p1

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/13492/drop-rate-tracking

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9l0vbj/finished_my_first_single_hard_node_farm_sabine_i/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6tvur9/my_old_benz_farming_statistics/

1) Pull your tin foil hat down even tighter around your ears, disregarding all the data, hard work and time your fellow players have put in on your behalf to track the drop rates over significant sample sizes over various nodes, types and times.

Your move.

I imagine option 1 will be the popular choice.

Now for this thread to once again fade into obscurity only to be resurrected again 2 weeks from now for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Your move.

Incoming ban for invalidating Paleon's experience with facts.

/thread?
  • Options
    Drop rates for buying gear with crystals or cash is 100%. Whale harder!!