New GL Mod Packs: What’s the roll guarantee?

Replies

• Options
    Javabeeker wrote: »
    I have had mods slice +6 spd, definitely. I just don’t think I’ve seen a starting secondary @ 6 since the mod update...if they are that rare (they are) and they're dumping that many into the game just because someone has paid for those packs - some of those packs were showing 3 or 4 spd-6 starting secondaries - then F2P definitely at another disadvantage. And that doesn’t even account for the fact that some of those mods will almost certainly get a 6-spd starting secondary when rolling to gold before slicing. wow

I call this a F2P advantage. Let’s this absorb some of the spenders money without giving them any advantage 🤣
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Crowny wrote: »
    they are showing you the stats you are purchasing, so there are not odds to reveal.

That might make sense if people didn't upgrade mods. Nobody cares if they have a level 15 mod with +6 speed, they care about what the eventual speed will be once they fully upgrade the mod. But I hear where you're coming from, lawyer speak and what not, make it sound like this ISN'T just gambling.

I guess it is lawyer speak, but that's because the question was speaking to a law that requires the statistics on purchased items to be listed. But this doesn't apply here because there are no odds in this pack you are buying what is shown.

this is the same as buying a toons packs, there is no guarantee that the toon you get will have any use beyond what you can see at the time of purchase.

I was just trying to clarify that we shouldn't confuse the 2 things when talking about what needs to be done "legally".

I thought they did list odds on character packs, when the possibility of shards is a range.

Let’s say a character pack offers 5-330 character shards. You buy the pack and then it auto rolls for you and the odds of how many shards you get are listed by clicking the odds tab.

How is that different than these mod packs, aside from the fact that when you buy the mod pack you have to manually roll to find out how the mod ends up?

There’s still a range involved in what you purchase and what you end up with, it’s not a what you see is what you get.

not when its a guaranteed number of shards. This is similar to that, not the 5-330 packs.

These packs and the ones with guaranteed number of shards list exactly what you are buying and are therefore not subject to those laws.

Ok, so you’re saying when someone buys one of these mod packs, it’s what you see is what you get and there is zero element of chance after the purchase?

So when you buy one of these packs, those mods do not and can not be upgraded with chance rolls?

No, there is no, zero, zilch degree of chance in the purchase, which needs to be revealed, because that is what the law pertains too. they make no guarantees or anything about the evolution of your purchase after it is made. just like any purchase you make without a warranty.

Kyno, but do you “feel” they should display the odds of the future potential of the mod, to be open, honest, and fair to the players, or continue to always use non-disclosure unless there is a specific law that requires otherwise?

Folks, here’s some odds to really put things into perspective:

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    I'm amazed the extent they go to to develop this new special content for us during covid19.

Someone really put a ton of thought into structuring this pack for the covid special event.

Thanks CG appreciate all the thought and hard work bringing this new mod pack content to us!!!
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    they are showing you the stats you are purchasing, so there are not odds to reveal.

That might make sense if people didn't upgrade mods. Nobody cares if they have a level 15 mod with +6 speed, they care about what the eventual speed will be once they fully upgrade the mod. But I hear where you're coming from, lawyer speak and what not, make it sound like this ISN'T just gambling.

I guess it is lawyer speak, but that's because the question was speaking to a law that requires the statistics on purchased items to be listed. But this doesn't apply here because there are no odds in this pack you are buying what is shown.

this is the same as buying a toons packs, there is no guarantee that the toon you get will have any use beyond what you can see at the time of purchase.

I was just trying to clarify that we shouldn't confuse the 2 things when talking about what needs to be done "legally".

The law has "box in a box" language that prohibits them from releasing "surprise packs" as a way to bypass the original laws intent. Theres an argument that mods aren't "surprise packs" - but you get the general point.

It's pretty sketch.
  • SamAccountX
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So for those who are asking about the actual secondary stat roll probabilities...

For the sake of argument, we will assume that all 4 secondary stats have the same probability of rolling during any mod levelling/slicing to a 5* Gold mod. This nets a total of 4 rolls. There could certainly be some bias into secondary stat rolls where the game favors rolling some stats over others, but we have no real proof or confirmation of this, so we will stick with the "equal probability" assumption. Since there are 4 secondary stats, we will therefore state that every secondary has a 25% chance to be the boosted stat each roll.

Rolled 1x: 25%
    Rolled 2x: 6.25%
    Rolled 3x: 1.6%
    Rolled 4x: 0.4%

Note: These are the odds that the stat will actually roll and increase in value. It does *not* include any weight on *how much* the increase will be within the predetermined range.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I thought they did list odds on character packs, when the possibility of shards is a range.

Let’s say a character pack offers 5-330 character shards. You buy the pack and then it auto rolls for you and the odds of how many shards you get are listed by clicking the odds tab.

How is that different than these mod packs, aside from the fact that when you buy the mod pack you have to manually roll to find out how the mod ends up?

There’s still a range involved in what you purchase and what you end up with, it’s not a what you see is what you get.

not when its a guaranteed number of shards. This is similar to that, not the 5-330 packs.

These packs and the ones with guaranteed number of shards list exactly what you are buying and are therefore not subject to those laws.

Ok, so you’re saying when someone buys one of these mod packs, it’s what you see is what you get and there is zero element of chance after the purchase?

So when you buy one of these packs, those mods do not and can not be upgraded with chance rolls?

No, there is no, zero, zilch degree of chance in the purchase, which needs to be revealed, because that is what the law pertains too. they make no guarantees or anything about the evolution of your purchase after it is made. just like any purchase you make without a warranty.

You’re probably right when it comes to the law and I do understand the only reason CG even puts roll probabilities on the ranged shard packs is because they were forced to.

I’m sorry, aside from the legal aspect, there won’t be one person who buys a mod pack leave the mods as they were purchased. In fact they will spend even more resources gambling on the rolls after they bought them.

you think people will level the mods they buy? Bold
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • cedo
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I'm french, so sorry for my english. But i'm concerned with this game (i'm a whale), and concerned to Covid 19 (with my family and friends)... My message :

It is abject. Talk about the covid, and make the biggest scam in terms of pack, sorry, but you are abject. You presented this pack without specifying that it was subject to the same rules as usual. In addition, you insisted on the fact that we could up our team by presenting us mods +6 speed and without specifying the rng.
    And you communicate on the Covid19, and you are not ashamed ... You are in very bad taste, and you should be ashamed.

I am a paying player and I have never officially complained. But there it is in very bad taste I think (you have crossed a limit given the circumstances I think).

Don't pay for theses packs, i tried it, and it's ****...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Options

Kyno, but do you “feel” they should display the odds of the future potential of the mod, to be open, honest, and fair to the players, or continue to always use non-disclosure unless there is a specific law that requires otherwise?

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Honestly, I am a data junkie when it comes to information, but statistics for things like this dont really serve a purpose. It doesnt change the outcome. Knowing what the rate of upgrade is not helpful since we have no way to gain advantage from knowing, it doesnt change how we farm, choose to upgrade or anything relevant to the mod itself.

I also dont think that those being available for this would make any real changes to the number of purchases. Do you?
  • Options
    Malachi wrote: »
    nga939te7pwd.png
    This isn't just low, it's flat out depressing. Just what we all needed 😒😒😒

what's depressing is you actually bought it.
  • HokieFiend
    445 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    They want to make people believe there is something special about these mods... that they will roll differently. The first thing everyone has asked about these in the discussions I've been a part of has been just that: do they roll differently?

I can't believe they'd release something like this especially considering what we are all going through right now. It's pretty abhorrent. They need to immediately come out and clear up any questions about these mods. The fact they start with 6 speed, which is like a unicorn in SWGOH, is enough for people to believe these are "different". I suspect they already knew that's how they'd be viewed; however.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    Options
    I can only quote Count Dooku for whoever purchasing these packs: "Brave, but foolish, my old Jedi friend". Sometimes I spend on crystals but these packs and their prices are straight outrageous. I was really surprised how CG dares to pull off something like this after an event that made most of the community upset.

But no need to spend more words on this, they don't care, the game goes on in their fashion whether you like it or not.
  • Options
    let's make it simple.
    Is anyone satisfied with these packs after buying them?

No? .... surely someone who will have had the ultimate chance. No ? anybody ???

But otherwise, a big scam, and indecent given the circumstances.

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Never seen before! And hopefully never again!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Honestly, I am a data junkie when it comes to information, but statistics for things like this dont really serve a purpose. It doesnt change the outcome. Knowing what the rate of upgrade is not helpful since we have no way to gain advantage from knowing, it doesnt change how we farm, choose to upgrade or anything relevant to the mod itself.

I also dont think that those being available for this would make any real changes to the number of purchases. Do you?

Yes.... it does, and did with me.

Yes... I have Rey.

I saw the pack in game and was thinking about it.

I wasn't sure how the rolls would work on a first time ever offer.

Apply the odds posted. Think about $75 for mods that might suck. Or $100 for a vault. I'll go with the vault.

Edit: I lie... I probably will still buy this mod pack. And the vault. Good grief.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I bought a small mod pack. It contained 2 purple mode with 6 speed. Both got +5 speed and could be useful after slicing. Worth the money? No. But then again it doesn’t matter what I waste money for.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Have you guys forgotten that half the mod store used to cost crystals? Whales were gambling real money on mods for years.
  • Options
    Still a roll of the dice? We need more input before we waste money on a “chance”. By law they have to list the chances, so the question is, what is the chances on these? Do they follow the same rules for other mods?

mr4bx32h9a4p.png

Bought 3 packs... not a single speed role! Beware!

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    you are confusing the rolls of the mod and what you are purchasing.

they do not have to show the odds on the upgrades on something. they are showing you the stats you are purchasing, so there are not odds to reveal.

On the purple mods there sure are on what will come and if they will also be top end or bottom end.... the point isn’t about what it rolled it’s that the Price to the challenge of just getting these mods, in most cases a couple million “credits” that somehow these are special to these toons, they are not unless something is different with the rolls on them.

If you calculate the price point they sell credits vs. this pack, you'll see it's pretty much equal if you were to buy crystals, but credits with them and get some store mods with it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Coming up next: matroska chests of absolute quantity with rng content inside them that also abides by the law.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't even pay too much attention to the exact mod secondaries but now I've seen the purple health square has flat health instead of %-health - LOL. Some other stats are also highly questionable.
    Do they understand their own game / characters? I'm not too sure...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    They dont offer anything special...i got this in store in past...jy851zkermb9.jpg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I can teach you guys a very easy way to avoid feeling ripped off or upset at buying these packs. Like and subscribe for deets!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    No idea why anyone would buy these packs. You aren’t guaranteed anything in the packs outside of the stats given in then originally. The fact you can spend $100 and not get a single speed roll on these mods is just ridiculous lol. The abundance of the events the next week is fun but these packs...yikes lmao.
  • Options

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Kyno, I do agree with much of what you said, however I do feel, to be open and most fair to the player base, they could have added a simple statement on the purchase screen that the mods themselves do not have any guarantee or a roll probability, that they are no different than any other mod.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Kyno, I do agree with much of what you said, however I do feel, to be open and most fair to the player base, they could have added a simple statement on the purchase screen that the mods themselves do not have any guarantee or a roll probability, that they are no different than any other mod.

Absolutely agree, but I think some are overstating how there is an appearance that they would be any different than any other mod. I know not everyone has been here a long time to reads everything, but it has been stated a few times that every mod is treated the same no matter where it is from and no matter how you upgrade.