Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    CG: This was the wrong thing to do. Ahnald has done so much good for this community and spent so much money on your game. I understand that it is against the TOS for him to be gifted an account; but unless you choose to do something about all the account selling/gifting elsewhere, your actions in this case amount to nothing more than a double standard.

Instead of banning him, you should have been bold enough to sanction this as an exception to the rule. Ahnald is no cheater.

Until you reverse your decision, CG, I refuse to spend any money on this game. Ultimately, money is the only thing that will speak to you.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Shame on you cg , cheating is ok but account sharing is perma ban

Account sharing is cheating.

It is, that’s true. BUT it’s cheating CG, not the players. He still pour in money to gear up on characters when he got the account, and CG took issue with that they didn’t get the money from HIM on the characters/levels/geared he got for nothing.

It’s pure greed.

Also they ALSO negotiated a cheater who CHEATS other players and Possibly CG. LET that cheater PICK where he would like the suspension to START. That’s what I have the big issue with. The cheater may spend a lot of money to get that slap on the wrist, while Arnold get permabanned with NO form of discussion or reaching out.

CG just show that they are two face on the whole issue.

DO YOU GET IT?

• Options
    Took a long break from the forums.

CG still being CG, I see.

Chained since '16
  • Talifer
    84 posts Member
    Options
    Just adding my +1 to the side of sanity.

While I agree that CG are totally within their rights to do this, in the same way they were within their rights to ban Bulldog, it's still a ridiculous thing to do given the current state of the game and the low esteem in which most of the community currently hold CG.

It also makes me wonder why such a process is not automatted, if it is so easy to detect then why are CG reliant on people with transfered accounts contacting them before doing something?
  • Options
    Waaaaooooooo no reply from CAPITAL GAMES.... If you keep acting like this your billion dollar game won't last long....
  • Options
    CG have help hackers and cheaters to keep playing people that don't spend money.... This dude Ahnold have spent more than 80k in this game and you behave like this... Again capital game if you don't apologise and return the account your studio will.....
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    We wouldn’t get a response from them. I hope they will reach out with Arnold himself, and issue proper bans on cheaters instead of negotiating with them.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Come to think of it, why is trading/sharing accounts against the TOS anyway? Isn't, from business standpoint, an active account owned by someone who has another one still far better than an inactive one?
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Come to think of it, why is trading/sharing accounts against the TOS anyway? Isn't, from business standpoint, an active account owned by someone who has another one still far better than an inactive one?

I’m pretty sure it’s some sort of liability.
  • Options
    CG have help hackers and cheaters to keep playing people that don't spend money.... This dude Ahnold have spent more than 80k in this game and you behave like this... Again capital game if you don't apologise and return the account your studio will.....

How so? Give us the link where he says I spent 80K!

• Options
    Interesting how the people missing the point that this is about not implementing the rules consistently are the same ones who typically call legitimate complaints whining. Coincidence? I think not.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Shout out to all the whales that also needed to cheat because they can't win even after whaling and got unbanned because they're whales.
  • Options
    Banning him is the most ridiculous decision with the management of this game.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Sananya69 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

I’m pretty sure it’s some sort of liability.

It’s the same reason that publishers/developers hate the second hand market: they get nothing from it.

In short, they got nothing from Arnold himself on the roster he got, never mind the revenue they got from him once he got the account.

• Options
    Spharynx01 wrote: »

How so? Give us the link where he says I spent 80K!

It should be relatively easy to extrapolate - he's shared a lot of how much he's spent in the past, and opened packs on videos etc... but can you/I really be bothered to look at all his videos where he has bought packs etc.?

If you look at the GP etc... you can probably work out roughly how much has been invested over the years.
  • Options
    How does ahnalds butt taste guys ?

I don't really care about Ahnald or anyone else, but I do care about the behaviour / and inconsistency from CG.

So no my olfactory protrusion is not in any sphincter - it's the double standards, inconsistency and pathetic behaviour of CG that is frustrating to me.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    more than 550 posts in just 1 day (probably even more at the end of the day)
    thisisfine.jpg
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    khdelboy wrote: »
    How does ahnalds butt taste guys ?

So you’re okay with CG negotiating with the real cheaters.

How does cheaters’ butts taste like?

No. But i understand why they banned him. The guy has thousands of subs and he is breaking the rules on a channel that has so many subs. It makes absolute sense.

And your "cheaters butt taste " comment made no sense as i never even mentioned it lol try again mate.

My issue is that THEY did not reach out Arnold and hold discussions and decide to ban him. THEY did reach out those who CHEAT, let them PICK when they would like their ONE WEEK suspension starts, all because they spend a lot of money.

It’s double standards, IMO.
  • Options
    Shiftyund wrote: »
    im glad they banned ahnaldt. hes a whiner and youtubers should have never been turned into game changers in the first place. he should play like a real player and not try to use the game to make a buck off all you lemmings watching his videos.

If you watched his videos you would understand he wasn't doing it for the money. Also, when a new character can cost $300 people want to see if that character is worth the investment and the best way to do that is to watch the YouTube videos

you do understand why he makes videos right? he can make all the money he drops on a new character back from youtube revenue. some people have no brains and concept of reality anymore. ahnaldt is a tool.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    No. But i understand why they banned him.

If you genuinely believe that he was banned because of this transgression I would respectfully suggest that you are wrong.

• Spike1865
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    This is disgusting behaviour CG. A very childish reaction to a REALLY minor infringement of account usage. You need to grow up. I've only spent on characters Ahnald recommended. You are tarnishing the Star Wars brand so if you lose the right to produce this game on your heads be it.
    I have spoken. This is the way.
  • Options
    CG you have let yourself down again. You are further alienating your own community. If this game did not come with the prestige of the Star Wars Universe many of us would have given up on this game as mobile games go it does not even crack top 10. I can almost forgive the lack of new content, the appalling mistakes with the GL releases and the money grabbing attitude. Anhaldt was one of the few creating genuinely valuable content for this game and helping his fellow players / community. If you want to talk about short-sighted capitalism, you have no way of knowing how much he generates in revenue for you with his content. Do the community a favour, show some solidarity and give the influencers test accounts because they do far more for the SWGOH community than you ever have.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Shame on you cg , cheating is ok but account sharing is perma ban

Account sharing is cheating.

Account sharing is against the terms of service. It is not cheating.

It’s like sneaking snacks into a movie theater. Tons of people do it. You aren’t breaking laws or doing anything harmful or immoral. They just like to make rules that allow them to screw you over for their own greed.
  • Options
    This is really disappointing, not only banning someone who creates great content and publicity for this game, but negotiating with cheaters! Why should I invest more of my time an money in this game if that’s how you deal with these issues???
  • Options
    CG's inconsistent application of the rules is not excusable.
  • Options
    Can CG be reported to EA for not abiding by EAs own guidelines?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/play-by-the-ea-rules/
    "To keep our games and communities safe, fair, and fun, we have to put a few rules in place. That includes:

Stopping any toxic behavior.
    Keeping things fair.
    Create clean content.
    Following the law."
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Mayhem wrote: »
    Lol fix what? He literally went to them not the other way around. No company in their right mind would support account sharing it’s bad business. If I bought an account that instantly makes me competitive (money is transferred to somebody else) the company that actually owns the account gets nothing. But if I had to start my own account and want to fast track to a competitive level well I’d have to purchase virtual items (money goes to the company).

Everybody with their pitchforks do realize he brought attention to the account himself with emails, text messages, and DMs

The type of people who would pay money (to a player) for a competitive account would also continue to pay (cg) to keep it competitive. I would say this scenario is still a win for cg.
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb nothing to say champ?