Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Smint
    1 posts Member
    Options
    wishful thinking
  • Options
    Captains Log Day 16

We are now passed 2 weeks from the incident that started this thread. Devs have not responded and may not, but we will not forget!
  • Options
    Is ahnold still salty over this? I doubt CG is going to respond. They get crap if they do respond, crap if they don't. So they're just going to keep on programming and releasing content.
  • feelycr
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Hi, hello, good afternoon!

Gentle reminder that we STILL don't have a Road Ahead post OR any comments on cheating or #AhnaldGate.

Don't spend money on a company that doesn't care about the community that it serves!
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    feelycr wrote: »
    Don't spend money on a company that doesn't care about the community that it serves!

Since you’ve been here since the beginning of the game, you should know that telling others to not spend is against the TOS of these forums.

Thanks for the reminder about the RA not being posted yet though, valuable information.

Since you seem to be critical on the legalities and the TOS...
    Feelycr did not specifically state who the spending comment was in reference to. It looks to me as a comment that is applicable to ANY company.

Interesting how things like this can be black, white and every shade inbetween...

• Options
    Watch congress subpoena Ahnaldt and Crumb to testify....
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Watch congress subpoena Ahnaldt and Crumb to testify....

I'd pay to see that!!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    KM1 wrote: »
    The problem is inconsistent application of TOS. Many people pay to build their collection and hope to get crystals in fair arenas and crystal equivalent buying tokens in GACs because of this payment. However when people cheat and the event organiser (CG) doesn't make-whole the injured party and instead negotiates and minimizes punishment of the cheater (because they paid them off) it is fraud.
    Inconsistent justice is no justuce at all!

Exactly. It is consumer fraud. Buying X character and the crystals to get the gear to get them to say relic 7, is buying a reduction in the time spent to get the character to a competitve advantage.

If they knowlingly allow cheating it negates the purchase made. You get the new character and the ability to use it, but a cheater can make said investment no different than a 3 star lvl 1 version.

That willing interaction while stating 0 tollerance is where the true issue is. It undercuts the integritty of the game and makes ones purchases irrelevant.

Cg, by allowing that behavior, is commiting consumer fraud against spenders. As they are selling a reduction in time spent to get to competatice advantage while knowing that users they allowed back can undercut that.

0 tollerance is the solution.... not the option. This game is pay to win. A counter can happen and it will, but to allow a cheater to exist is not a fair counter.

Its time to acknowledge the issue, appoligize and define what is being done now. Id love some kind of gift as well but.... i doubt we get that if the conversation is too hard to even start.

I assume this is precisely why they haven’t made a statement yet. The cheating negotiations is far too serious and I bet all relevant companies involved have been in discussions, including all their legal representation.

This is far from over.

Hmm doubt a TOS can be applied in law like you can hold them accountable for not enforcing it, it's the reverse. Or is there any clause there where they promise you to enforce it when you use their product? Even if that was the case it's a lawfully binding agreement between you and the company...and not 3rd parties.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    The problem is inconsistent application of TOS. Many people pay to build their collection and hope to get crystals in fair arenas and crystal equivalent buying tokens in GACs because of this payment. However when people cheat and the event organiser (CG) doesn't make-whole the injured party and instead negotiates and minimizes punishment of the cheater (because they paid them off) it is fraud.

Exactly. It is consumer fraud. Buying X character and the crystals to get the gear to get them to say relic 7, is buying a reduction in the time spent to get the character to a competitve advantage.

If they knowlingly allow cheating it negates the purchase made. You get the new character and the ability to use it, but a cheater can make said investment no different than a 3 star lvl 1 version.

That willing interaction while stating 0 tollerance is where the true issue is. It undercuts the integritty of the game and makes ones purchases irrelevant.

Cg, by allowing that behavior, is commiting consumer fraud against spenders. As they are selling a reduction in time spent to get to competatice advantage while knowing that users they allowed back can undercut that.

0 tollerance is the solution.... not the option. This game is pay to win. A counter can happen and it will, but to allow a cheater to exist is not a fair counter.

Its time to acknowledge the issue, appoligize and define what is being done now. Id love some kind of gift as well but.... i doubt we get that if the conversation is too hard to even start.

I assume this is precisely why they haven’t made a statement yet. The cheating negotiations is far too serious and I bet all relevant companies involved have been in discussions, including all their legal representation.

This is far from over.

Hmm doubt a TOS can be applied in law like you can hold them accountable for not enforcing it, it's the reverse. Or is there any clause there where they promise you to enforce it when you use their product? Even if that was the case it's a lawfully binding agreement between you and the company...and not 3rd parties.

When there’s any potential fraud or mass refund requests, I would bet the legal team is consulted. Whether it amounts to anything, only they know, but it’s just something companies usually do.

It’s all pure speculation on my part of course, just going by what I know is happening and how companies usually handle things.

So many possible scenarios regarding them not making a public statement and they may still yet.

Just gross. Do you still sleep on SW sheets?

One sec, let me see if I can find that **** decoder ring.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options

This is far from over.

When there’s any potential fraud or mass refund requests, I would bet the legal team is consulted. Whether it amounts to anything, only they know, but it’s just something companies usually do.

It’s all pure speculation on my part of course, just going by what I know is happening and how companies usually handle things.

So many possible scenarios regarding them not making a public statement and they may still yet.

if you accept the ToS, isn't that the same as a binding contract and therefore both parties are held liable?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

This is far from over.

Just gross. Do you still sleep on SW sheets?

One sec, let me see if I can find that **** decoder ring.

Dumb, of course I sleep on SW sheets and the decoder ring is on my night stand.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    feelycr wrote: »
    Hi, hello, good afternoon!

Gentle reminder that we STILL don't have a Road Ahead post OR any comments on cheating or #AhnaldGate.

Since you’ve been here since the beginning of the game, you should know that telling others to not spend is against the TOS of these forums.

Thanks for the reminder about the RA not being posted yet though, valuable information.

Only goes to show they don’t care about this thread at all lol
  • Options
    Well I checked back to this forum thread to see if anything happened.
    Good thing is the community is still active and keeps the subject afloat.
    Bad thing is that CG is still ignorant and silent on the matter.

As for myself - I'll be watching the developments and will be holding my funds back from CG until this issue gets properly resolved.

Keep up the hope! In Star Wars Resistance was built on that - and CG does not understand the concept? LoL.

I dedicate to CG Princess Leia's famous sentence to Tarkin:
    Princess Leia Organa: The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.

I truly hope CG has enough intelligence to see the point...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

This is far from over.

if you accept the ToS, isn't that the same as a binding contract and therefore both parties are held liable?

See have the tos works, under these definitions they are not breaching what they promise (almost nothing besides providing you the service at their discretion)

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
  • Options
    CG keeps sending us shiny new trinkets ... in the meantime, we've lost two guild members that got fed up with the game ... anyone else losing members over a lack of meaningful response from CG?
  • Options
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    CG keeps sending us shiny new trinkets ... in the meantime, we've lost two guild members that got fed up with the game ... anyone else losing members over a lack of meaningful response from CG?

My guild hasn't lost anyone yet but a few players activity is down. We only require 550 daily tix and are fairly reasonable with missing here or there but there are a few on notice that may get the chopping block post TW and I have no doubt it's due to the both content and Ahnold-gate.
  • Options

Well said my firend.
  • Options

This is far from over.

in their ToS it states that cheating is taken on a case to case basis, unless told otherwise.

They clearly stated in a previous post that it is a 0 tolerance policy on cheaters.....so why are cheaters still playing the game?

This is where the problem is!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

This is far from over.

in their ToS it states that cheating is taken on a case to case basis, unless told otherwise.

They clearly stated in a previous post that it is a 0 tolerance policy on cheaters.....so why are cheaters still playing the game?

I get that and it's entirely reasonable to demand an answer. Just not lawfully enforcable...at least with the assumption they don't obey the tos.
  • Rondif
    17 posts Member
    Options
    C'mom CG the morale of the game has rise, take this change and adress everything we need!
  • Options
    JKL has fallen on deaf ears already I think. This character is gonna be a flop. CG tried to distract us from all their B$. Then immediately give us the Vader rework. Still no response from CG for the Ahnald ban and appears at this point they won't. Just gonna sweep it under the rug and not talk about it. Absolutely despicable.

• Options
    Road ahead better contain something on this
  • Options

This is far from over.

I get that and it's entirely reasonable to demand an answer. Just not lawfully enforcable...at least with the assumption they don't obey the tos.

it sure is enforceable, if they refuse to answer an inquiry about a refund, because you feel cheated (because of chesters) then you have every right to sue them. They are liable for their actions.

If they dont reply then you cannot go to arbitration like it is stated in their ToS. Therefore they are circumventing their own ToS. Which would make it consumer fraud, and breach of contract since the ToS is legally binding for both parties.