Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Watch I'll get chat banned for this too. No warning. No conversations. No questions. Just you violated TOS cause of the key board warrior CG/EA wannabees lack of ability to prblem solve or communicate with player base.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Same old ****
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Oh bet bet your sweet **** they would show up if they could use the ban hammer. Shows they have zero responsibility in their life. Lol.
  • Options
    Still waiting for a response CG. Still very interested in what it will be.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Rondif wrote: »
    How many days since this began and still nothing? :'(

2 weeks today. So 14 days. Going on 15 as its almost tuesday
  • Options
    Tuesday now. 2 weeks gone by
  • Options
    .pure intended ignorance of the matter.... lol. :/
  • Options
    We've had 4 post in the announcements section I think, would it kill them to just simply acknowledge the issue and say we're preparing a statement or just literally anything
  • ibeyz
    18 posts Member
    Options
    At this point, they're choosing to ignore it. They hope the hype behind what they have been doing will drown out what has occurred AND everyone is spending on JKL and on Vader so really this 'protest' hasn't influenced their decision making in the slightest. Lastly, why would they want to admit or comment on the cheating situation if it would only serve to implicate themselves further? I for one am very disappointment with their handling of this situation but if only a few people protest or leave the game, the general impact is less than minimal.
  • feelycr
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Hi, good afternoon!

Gentle reminder that while we do have a really cool Vader touch up...we STILL don't have a Road Ahead post OR any comments on cheating or #AhnaldGate.

Don't spend money on a game that doesn't communicate or care about their customers!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    feelycr wrote: »
    Hi, good afternoon!

Gentle reminder that while we do have a really cool Vader touch up...we STILL don't have a Road Ahead post OR any comments on cheating or #AhnaldGate.

Don't spend money on a game that doesn't communicate or care about their customers!

Gentle reminder: everyone is aware RA is supposed to come at the end of the week.
  • Rondif
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, they definetly got two good things, the luke event is awesome ( altough timing, requirements and lukes kit werent good) and vader rework is amazing! Now its time to step foward, come with the RA talking bout cheating, arhnaldtgate and all, bring a new game mode,so to finally reunite the community and make the game greater again!
  • Options
    Can we all thank @CG_SBCrumb for thanking us in the Kylo post? Thank you SBCrumb, I appreciate the work you do.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    @I_WANT_YODA while Crumb is appreciated at the same time why is there no RA?? Deadline is long gone and almost the next quarter by now. Saying that it will happen in June is fine but by waiting until the **** near last day of the month isn't building any more suspense. We just want to know the fun things that are in store for us.
  • Options
    I dunno, I kinda liked the surprise of a Vader rework.
  • CookieWookie
    87 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Posted by accident see below
  • Options
    Deell wrote: »
    Watch I'll get chat banned for this too. No warning. No conversations. No questions. Just you violated TOS cause of the key board warrior CG/EA wannabees lack of ability to prblem solve or communicate with player base.

You might haha be careful I recently had a convo with a mod who in fairness was super helpful far more helpful than anyone at cg I was advised to contact surprise surprise I got no response from said employee. But basically we arnt aloud to discuss moderation or anything of the sort I'd advise everyone to have a look at the rules of these forums as in fairness it's not something people normally check we normally guess the rules are don't be a so and so and free speech is okay not here. Please please people look at the guidelines some of these are really not okay
  • hottutty
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hmm I suppose you could argue their treatment of the community is worth mentioning though.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Deell wrote: »

You might haha be careful I recently had a convo with a mod who in fairness was super helpful far more helpful than anyone at cg I was advised to contact surprise surprise I got no response from said employee. But basically we arnt aloud to discuss moderation or anything of the sort I'd advise everyone to have a look at the rules of these forums as in fairness it's not something people normally check we normally guess the rules are don't be a so and so and free speech is okay not here. Please please people look at the guidelines some of these are really not okay

In all fairness I have to say that Kyno reached out to me via a message about the in game issue I was having. He or she asked for my Ally code and said they would look into my problem.

So I have to eat some humble pie. While I have not received a response yet as its only been a few hours since I sent my info, I am very thankful someone actually reached out to me about my in game issue.

Thank you @Kyno
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Yeah, just like everything else, concepts are getting bunched into a single thing here. Giving examples of client sided fail affairs and directly connecting it to a server side hack is the definition of hyperbole.

"hacking for cheaper crystals" doesn't exist until proven. There being something such as illegal cheap crystals on offer is not the same thing as there being a server sided hack.

Would the difference matter to us as players? It does, because some being able to hack server sided data would mean they can basically have infinite amount of things for free. This is pretty similar to wild claims about mod hacks and whatnot we heard in the community over the years where not a single one of them has been shown to be real.

None of it should exist, but there's a significant difference between each of them. And you are not helping the case at all by deriving false equivalences.

The whole topic of hacks is off-topic here. The issue at hand is account sharing, which is a blanket rule across pretty much every online platform, from this game to anything EA/Origin to other gaming platforms like Steam to non-gaming platforms like Facebook. If negotiations are done with cheaters, they're still done with account owners. Ahnald is not the owner of the account in question and can never be. It's not a group account, it's not a family account, it's a non-transferable personal account.

What should be discussed is the other services that also do account sharing, like Peempo's mod "services" which received endorsement from a former lead producer of this game despite the clear breach of ToS.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Yeah, just like everything else, concepts are getting bunched into a single thing here. Giving examples of client sided fail affairs and directly connecting it to a server side hack is the definition of hyperbole.

"hacking for cheaper crystals" doesn't exist until proven. There being something such as illegal cheap crystals on offer is not the same thing as there being a server sided hack.

Would the difference matter to us as players? It does, because some being able to hack server sided data would mean they can basically have infinite amount of things for free. This is pretty similar to wild claims about mod hacks and whatnot we heard in the community over the years where not a single one of them has been shown to be real.

None of it should exist, but there's a significant difference between each of them. And you are not helping the case at all by deriving false equivalences.

The whole topic of hacks is off-topic here. The issue at hand is account sharing, which is a blanket rule across pretty much every online platform, from this game to anything EA/Origin to other gaming platforms like Steam to non-gaming platforms like Facebook. If negotiations are done with cheaters, they're still done with account owners. Ahnald is not the owner of the account in question and can never be. It's not a group account, it's not a family account, it's a non-transferable personal account.

What should be discussed is the other services that also do account sharing, like Peempo's mod "services" which received endorsement from a former lead producer of this game despite the clear breach of ToS.

The hypocrisy is on ahnald launching the whole thing under a single entity "breach of tos" and pulling out something else who knows he's been sitting on forever.
  • Options

The hypocrisy is on ahnald launching the whole thing under a single entity "breach of tos" and pulling out something else who knows he's been sitting on forever.

If you mean the mails between a cheater and the devs, that has been around for a long time. Bulldog made vid about that months ago, he just did not get the attention like Ahnaldt as he is a minor streamer and has his own issues with CG.
    Hope I do not get banned mentioning Bulldog here.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Isaacimov wrote: »

If you mean the mails between a cheater and the devs, that has been around for a long time. Bulldog made vid about that months ago, he just did not get the attention like Ahnaldt as he is a minor streamer and has his own issues with CG.
    Hope I do not get banned mentioning Bulldog here.

Yes, that's what I mean. I didn't see it before in numerous discord channels or forums. It may not be a secret per se, but ahnald is the one that -whatabout-ed about it, in relation to himself and not before, and knowing to full outcome.
  • Options
    Funny. I just wrote a comment and the post did not went through.
  • Options
    did I use a keyword and got filtered or what?
    Is this the NSA?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    The forum may eat posts when you edit them, did you edit it right afterwards? You can bring it back by asking kyno if it went through the first time.
  • Options
    The forum may eat posts when you edit them, did you edit it right afterwards? You can bring it back by asking kyno if it went through the first time.

Like the game this forum works as intended too as it seems, lol
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is inconsistent application of TOS. Many people pay to build their collection and hope to get crystals in fair arenas and crystal equivalent buying tokens in GACs because of this payment. However when people cheat and the event organiser (CG) doesn't make-whole the injured party and instead negotiates and minimizes punishment of the cheater (because they paid them off) it is fraud.
    Inconsistent justice is no justuce at all!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    KM1 wrote: »
    The problem is inconsistent application of TOS. Many people pay to build their collection and hope to get crystals in fair arenas and crystal equivalent buying tokens in GACs because of this payment. However when people cheat and the event organiser (CG) doesn't make-whole the injured party and instead negotiates and minimizes punishment of the cheater (because they paid them off) it is fraud.
    Inconsistent justice is no justuce at all!

Exactly. It is consumer fraud. Buying X character and the crystals to get the gear to get them to say relic 7, is buying a reduction in the time spent to get the character to a competitve advantage.

If they knowlingly allow cheating it negates the purchase made. You get the new character and the ability to use it, but a cheater can make said investment no different than a 3 star lvl 1 version.

That willing interaction while stating 0 tollerance is where the true issue is. It undercuts the integritty of the game and makes ones purchases irrelevant.

Cg, by allowing that behavior, is commiting consumer fraud against spenders. As they are selling a reduction in time spent to get to competatice advantage while knowing that users they allowed back can undercut that.

0 tollerance is the solution.... not the option. This game is pay to win. A counter can happen and it will, but to allow a cheater to exist is not a fair counter.

Its time to acknowledge the issue, appoligize and define what is being done now. Id love some kind of gift as well but.... i doubt we get that if the conversation is too hard to even start.