Why go for Rey

Replies

• BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    People keep claiming they broke some law or something when they never promised anything about how good these would be.

The internet told me it was unconstitutional.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    rey is harder to beat on defense, I have no idea what you are talking about

Lol is this a serious post ?

yes
    ejsteven wrote: »
    Umm... no.

disagree

disagree doesn't mean you are right. SLKR is better on defense by far and will be ever more when they will change his AI (no counter apart some Rey with high RNG or mirror match). Rey is doomed to crapiness, too many went for her and CG doesnt care anymore. The golden egg is Kylo now.
  • Options
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    People keep claiming they broke some law or something when they never promised anything about how good these would be.

Nah not the internet. Just established patterns that turn misfeasance into malfeasance.

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »

Nah not the internet. Just established patterns that turn misfeasance into malfeasance.

Well good luck I guess.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Well good luck I guess.

Nobody wants them held to the fire. Most people that play this game just ask for them to be responsible with the decisions they make, treat the player base fairly and honor the incredible Star Wars IP they are currently stewards of. That's it.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

disagree doesn't mean you are right. SLKR is better on defense by far and will be ever more when they will change his AI (no counter apart some Rey with high RNG or mirror match). Rey is doomed to crapiness, too many went for her and CG doesnt care anymore. The golden egg is Kylo now.

Doomed to crapiness. The same crap character I see all over the top 20 and indeed top 10 of my arena shard. Yep, she must be awful.

Saltiness is that SL Kylo = high rank in HSR and you don't like it. C'mon admit it.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Well good luck I guess.

Nobody wants them held to the fire. Most people that play this game just ask for them to be responsible with the decisions they make, treat the player base fairly and honor the incredible Star Wars IP they are currently stewards of. That's it.

Then why bring up legality, which isn't even applicable here anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Neither is good. One crosses legal lines. The other confirms incompetence.

I love it when non-lawyers talk law to me.

Pray tell, what statute was broken? Or what provision of a contract was breeched?
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Neither is good. One crosses legal lines. The other confirms incompetence.

I love it when non-lawyers talk law to me.

Not saying I disagree or agree with you, but you must be a really, really cool guy IRL. So cool.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    In the end, CG want us to get both. Get with the program people - cough up your cash! ;)
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

Doomed to crapiness. The same crap character I see all over the top 20 and indeed top 10 of my arena shard. Yep, she must be awful.

Saltiness is that SL Kylo = high rank in HSR and you don't like it. C'mon admit it.

I couldnt care less about hsr reward but it is a good point again in favor of Kylo thanks
    My concern is pvp balance. Right now i am fine, rey can counter kylo quite easily with the five ai. Which is fair because Kylo can nearly auto Rey in offense. Right now the balance is good. My concern is that if the fives ai change, the Rey lead team only have like 50% winrate against Kylo that is nearly 100%. This is my concern, nothing more nothing less. If Kylo counter Rey, Rey should counter Kylo.
    Simple math, but seems too difficult to understand for Kylo users lol
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    Options

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

I couldnt care less about hsr reward but it is a good point again in favor of Kylo thanks
    My concern is pvp balance. Right now i am fine, rey can counter kylo quite easily with the five ai. Which is fair because Kylo can nearly auto Rey in offense. Right now the balance is good. My concern is that if the fives ai change, the Rey lead team only have like 50% winrate against Kylo that is nearly 100%. This is my concern, nothing more nothing less. If Kylo counter Rey, Rey should counter Kylo.

use rey with jedi, my winrate is 100% against ultimate kylo
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    mikk207 wrote: »

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

You mean with jkl right ?
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    Options

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

no. rey, jkr, gas, hoda and gk
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

Well in that case I must do something very wrong ☹
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    Options

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

your jedis are all reliced and you have no mod disadvantage ?
  • Options
    The only reason to get GLRey is having Rose R3.
    So you can defeat Wat, Hoda & C3PO in GAC 3v3.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    JediFrost wrote: »
    Well that’s great for squad arena but you still have a full first order team vs multiple light side teams which doesn’t really work for GAC or TW

For TW / GAC you can set a tenacity modded Rey with Zarriss on defense (Rey, Finn, Poe, Zarriss, GK or L3 if you wanna save GK and have L3 geared up). And I always use SLKR (HP modded) with Wat for offense if I'm matched against a Rey owner, saves me a full KRU+Hux lineup that people tend to underestimate while scoring 59 against Rey thx to undersize points.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

I mean I can't even. I think there's a reason I've never seen a slkr on defense in gac/tw/etc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Options
    Slaveen wrote: »
    hamfisted wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Not top 2?

If we are talking starting from zero toons gear and care most about ROI, GAS is solidly ahead of Rey. He sets you up with Padme, Sep Droids, and himself for GAC/TW. With his squad you'll have the foundation laid for Shaak clones, which while impossible in high end guilds to get use out of these days is still good for low end guilds. HSTR may be old content, but it's still the single largest source of gear income IF you can reliably place t3.

5 toons vs 13 toons.

"Two sides of the same coin."

You missed relic JKR. Most reliable way to counter the Daka / Zombie cheese.
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Rey owner here, who uses resistance heros + GK/L3/zBariss to fill my team. Beat kylo majority of the time during my climb.

How old is your shard? Most of the people I talk to in shards that are older find that without 5s rey is anything but reliable on offense without JKR + GAS + GK. (and it's insane to have to use the 2nd best toon and JKR on the same team as her just to be able to climb) In mine Rey falls much further than SLK, and basically every Rey owner either uses the 5s cheese since it's the only way to reliably beat SLK. "majority of the time" is also a **** metric to use for climbing. I don't want a 65% winrate with the meta toon that I've got 15 relic toons invested into getting / using. Even at a 70% winrate it means I'll have to refresh daily to climb. Compare that to SLKR who now has 100% winrate on offense vs virtually every Rey lineup.

Yeah this is complete and utter ****. “Two sides of the same coin”:

SLKR:
    Mirrors easily
    Holds better on defense
    Best PvE toon in the game
    Near 100% win rate against all Rey teams

Rey:
    Difficult mirrors
    Garbage PvE in raids, good but not great for TB
    20-30% win rate against SLKR

Rey is now definitely lagging behind Kylo in overall power, and something needs to be done to equalize the two.

That said, Rey mirrors are not difficult. They may take 3 minutes, but there's really no reason you shouldn't have a 100% win rate Rey v Rey.

Likewise, while I agree that SLKR is a more dangerous fight, you should be much closer to 85-90% win rate than 20-30%.

P.S. The common Rey, WAT, GK, JKR, GAS team (while making for a slow fight on defense), is not a great team for offense, especially against a mirror.

Atm i have a 100% winrate against kylo because of 5s. Without 5s, the winrate drops significantly. As many people noted, CG should either just remove the +30 speed buff to kylo or make lifeblood’s crit immunity undispellable.

Kylo’s kit gives advantage back to all dark side units once they lose it, and that advantage gives crit immunity. Meanwhile once it’s gone from a rey team it’s gone unless u have GK, and even then that requires being critically hit (which charges kylo’s ultimate). So now kylo teams are immune to GAS CD increase effects pretty much forever, while rey teams are not once echo chucks his emp, how is that fair?
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    Options

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

I mean I can't even. I think there's a reason I've never seen a slkr on defense in gac/tw/etc

I had plenty of slkr on defense.
    if the opponent has a working rey counter and use kylo on defense they have definitely an advantage.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options

yes
    Umm... no.

disagree

your jedis are all reliced and you have no mod disadvantage ?

Yes but not r7 for revan and hoda
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Once ct5 AI exploit will be corrected, then rey vs kylo ultimate will be very hard. I do have rey plus luke in a team and it is a very good team. I beat slkr without ct5. But it is actually not a 100% win.
    Slkr are the best choice, it was not mine. Sith raid is the best place to farm gear 2-3 times a week. You get similar rewards in geo tb and it’s one time a month. And reward are share between members so your personne investment do not give you what you pay for it.
    I really like Rey and Luke, but I think that the major problem here is sith raid. Sim haat and sith raid with a shared reward then it’s clear.....
    Arena are always moving and both rey and slkr are doing well. It’s not a big problem i think.
    Hope there is something that deserves rey and luke gear crunch....
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Well that’s great for squad arena but you still have a full first order team vs multiple light side teams which doesn’t really work for GAC or TW

For TW / GAC you can set a tenacity modded Rey with Zarriss on defense (Rey, Finn, Poe, Zarriss, GK or L3 if you wanna save GK and have L3 geared up). And I always use SLKR (HP modded) with Wat for offense if I'm matched against a Rey owner, saves me a full KRU+Hux lineup that people tend to underestimate while scoring 59 against Rey thx to undersize points.

This. SLKR + Wat 2-mans a full Rey lineup for 59 banners.

Also, @mikk207 said he has a 100% win rate against SLKR with Rey/GAS/JKR/GK/Hoda... you’re missing the point of the thread, brother.

The whole point is you shouldn’t have to use the best toons from 4 top tier teams to beat SLKR with Rey while SLKR with Wat can 2-man Rey for 59 banners.

So again... why would anyone in their right mind who doesn’t currently own Rey or is already committed to Rey go for Rey?

Short answer: They wouldn’t.

• Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    It's Just Ian does a great job explaining why they wouldn't:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7b0sclQeL8
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

This. SLKR + Wat 2-mans a full Rey lineup for 59 banners.

Also, @mikk207 said he has a 100% win rate against SLKR with Rey/GAS/JKR/GK/Hoda... you’re missing the point of the thread, brother.

it was just an answer to Mirkraag, who said the winrate against kylo is around 50%, I assumed he meant arena.

as stated a few comments below I said that kylo owner have an advantage in gac.
    seems we have the same opinion ;)
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a Rey user and can't tell you a single reason of why going for her is a good choice.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    "59 banners"

edit: the reason to go for rey is simple. 2 GL's>>>>1 GL. I mean, duh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you