Why go for Rey

Replies

  • TVF wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    These videos exist of f2p counters for Rey but it doesn’t seem as realistic because my Rey still holds up in arena, GAC, and TW paired with Hero’s / GK / L3. This past week, my Rey survived in GAC with that team against r7 DR, r7 GS, r5 Vader, and some other 4th team.

    This is an excellent point that most people either ignore or don't understand. Videos are quite often misleading, either on purpose (for clicks) or not (lack of understanding) and just because there are several videos, it doesn't make them any less misleading. Until a counter actually gains footing in arena and GA/TW, it's not actually a counter. It's a video that doesn't mean anything.


    This is a lot of .. blabla ..defending CG on this decision to allow F2P Vader on-shot GL Rey (or in more general easily .. EASILY beat GL Rey teams).
    And, if there are multiple videos from multiple sources it clearly shows that it is a consistent situation ..

    But we’re talking about how videos DO NOT mean it is a consistent situation. Stop quoting what videos on YouTube show and look at what’s happening in game. Not a single Vader team in arenas, no Vader has beaten my Rey, and she still holds up perfectly well in GAC/TW. Sure, if circumstances are perfect then you can make it work, but 99% of people won’t have those perfect circumstances which means it’s not realistic for everyone.

    Also, I do believe that GLs having some sort of f2p counter is a good thing. These characters being very difficult to beat is better than being literally impossible to beat. (Please don’t go and quote YouTube showing that they’re not “difficult to beat”)
  • Brotherius wrote: »
    I mean, how long did people own Kylo for where he was literally being cheesed by 2man teams? That was a true slap in the face.

    Even at his worst he still could solo the single most important PVE area of the game, which gives the best rewards in the game, an area Rey is horrible in.
  • Brotherius
    131 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    I mean, how long did people own Kylo for where he was literally being cheesed by 2man teams? That was a true slap in the face.

    Even at his worst he still could solo the single most important PVE area of the game, which gives the best rewards in the game, an area Rey is horrible in.

    You mean heroic sith? Do you think anyone who was getting a GL off the bat was having trouble in this area? Also my Rey still does well in it, 15-20mil in a phase...not “horrible”. Also-arguably the most important/difficult PvE is NOT HSTR. It’s LS Geo...where Rey is a big help.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    I mean, how long did people own Kylo for where he was literally being cheesed by 2man teams? That was a true slap in the face.

    Even at his worst he still could solo the single most important PVE area of the game, which gives the best rewards in the game, an area Rey is horrible in.

    You mean heroic sith? Do you think anyone who was getting a GL off the bat was having trouble in this area? Also my Rey still does well in it, 15-20mil in a phase...not “horrible”. Also-arguably the most important/difficult PvE is NOT HSTR. It’s LS Geo...where Rey is a big help.

    I’d say top 10 HSTR rewards are worth far more than a few more combat waves in LSTB.
    It’s worth quite a lot, and I still get top 5 without kylo. I think the point I was meaning wasn’t that HSTR rewards aren’t good, but comparing the difference maker in what you can/can’t do. I’d say those who get Kylo probably already had decent sith raid squads anyways. But I know at least for my guild Rey was literally one of 2 toons that can clear more than a couple of waves in LS Geo (Padme the other). GS is a tough ask because of the GET wall.
  • ZAP
    3063 posts Member
    Brotherius wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    I mean, how long did people own Kylo for where he was literally being cheesed by 2man teams? That was a true slap in the face.

    Even at his worst he still could solo the single most important PVE area of the game, which gives the best rewards in the game, an area Rey is horrible in.

    You mean heroic sith? Do you think anyone who was getting a GL off the bat was having trouble in this area? Also my Rey still does well in it, 15-20mil in a phase...not “horrible”. Also-arguably the most important/difficult PvE is NOT HSTR. It’s LS Geo...where Rey is a big help.

    I’d say top 10 HSTR rewards are worth far more than a few more combat waves in LSTB.
    It’s worth quite a lot, and I still get top 5 without kylo. I think the point I was meaning wasn’t that HSTR rewards aren’t good, but comparing the difference maker in what you can/can’t do. I’d say those who get Kylo probably already had decent sith raid squads anyways. But I know at least for my guild Rey was literally one of 2 toons that can clear more than a couple of waves in LS Geo (Padme the other). GS is a tough ask because of the GET wall.

    With the mistake and error in the LSTB rewards, getting more stars can actually hinder your roster progression.

  • Slaveen
    375 posts Member
    Brotherius wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    I mean, how long did people own Kylo for where he was literally being cheesed by 2man teams? That was a true slap in the face.

    Even at his worst he still could solo the single most important PVE area of the game, which gives the best rewards in the game, an area Rey is horrible in.

    You mean heroic sith? Do you think anyone who was getting a GL off the bat was having trouble in this area? Also my Rey still does well in it, 15-20mil in a phase...not “horrible”. Also-arguably the most important/difficult PvE is NOT HSTR. It’s LS Geo...where Rey is a big help.

    I’d say top 10 HSTR rewards are worth far more than a few more combat waves in LSTB.
    It’s worth quite a lot, and I still get top 5 without kylo.

    You realize that doesn’t mean everyone else with Rey can, right?
  • Gamorrean
    2529 posts Member
    Brotherius wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    These videos exist of f2p counters for Rey but it doesn’t seem as realistic because my Rey still holds up in arena, GAC, and TW paired with Hero’s / GK / L3. This past week, my Rey survived in GAC with that team against r7 DR, r7 GS, r5 Vader, and some other 4th team.

    This is an excellent point that most people either ignore or don't understand. Videos are quite often misleading, either on purpose (for clicks) or not (lack of understanding) and just because there are several videos, it doesn't make them any less misleading. Until a counter actually gains footing in arena and GA/TW, it's not actually a counter. It's a video that doesn't mean anything.


    This is a lot of .. blabla ..defending CG on this decision to allow F2P Vader on-shot GL Rey (or in more general easily .. EASILY beat GL Rey teams).
    And, if there are multiple videos from multiple sources it clearly shows that it is a consistent situation ..

    But we’re talking about how videos DO NOT mean it is a consistent situation. Stop quoting what videos on YouTube show and look at what’s happening in game. Not a single Vader team in arenas, no Vader has beaten my Rey, and she still holds up perfectly well in GAC/TW. Sure, if circumstances are perfect then you can make it work, but 99% of people won’t have those perfect circumstances which means it’s not realistic for everyone.

    Also, I do believe that GLs having some sort of f2p counter is a good thing. These characters being very difficult to beat is better than being literally impossible to beat. (Please don’t go and quote YouTube showing that they’re not “difficult to beat”)

    Then let’s give Kylo the same and make Rey viable in a resistance team
  • TVF
    23477 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    I mean, how long did people own Kylo for where he was literally being cheesed by 2man teams? That was a true slap in the face.

    Even at his worst he still could solo the single most important PVE area of the game, which gives the best rewards in the game, an area Rey is horrible in.

    You mean heroic sith? Do you think anyone who was getting a GL off the bat was having trouble in this area? Also my Rey still does well in it, 15-20mil in a phase...not “horrible”. Also-arguably the most important/difficult PvE is NOT HSTR. It’s LS Geo...where Rey is a big help.

    I’d say top 10 HSTR rewards are worth far more than a few more combat waves in LSTB.
    It’s worth quite a lot, and I still get top 5 without kylo.

    You realize that doesn’t mean everyone else with Rey can, right?

    Everyone with Rey deserves top 5 just because they have Rey?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Someone might just like Rey
  • Gamorrean
    2529 posts Member
    Someone might just like Rey

    ...

    Fair enough though :D
  • *looks around at thread on fire*

    So we're all in agreement that allowing for simming of the HSR and HTank after N successful attempts within the guild would help with the gear acquisition disparity between GLs, as well as just a much needed QOL improvement at this point?
  • So we're all in agreement that allowing for simming of the HSR and HTank after N successful attempts within the guild would help with the gear acquisition disparity between GLs, as well as just a much needed QOL improvement at this point?


    I agree that it would help with the gear disparity.

    Since I don't have SLKR, I find HSTR still fun, and I'm not interested in losing access to content without getting more - a LOT more - to replace it.

    Now, my fun is limited, of course, because others in my guild do have SLKR. So I have a strict limit on what I can do, and when. But I do like fighting the raid.

    That said... I'd be okay with ditching the raid for a sim with equitable distribution of gear. It's no fun, but the gear bit is a real problem and needs to be fixed. It needed to be fixed even before SLKR because the disparity between finishing 1-3 and 4-10 is so huge, and the drop between #10 and #11 is even bigger. You have a lot of people who are contributing substantially to the raid. And with any given raid, if the top 10 contributors didn't show up at all, the raid would hardly last 5 or 10 minutes longer. Where you finish is as much about whether you have time to wait for the exact hour, minute & second the raid starts as it is about your roster at this point.

    I might like the rewards when I take top 3 (as I used to all the time before switching guilds) or top 10 (which I do about 1/2 the time in my new guild), but I also feel guilty.

    The current system isn't fair, and SLKR just highlights it.

    So, sure, give us a simmable HSTR, but don't call it a "quality of life" update. My quality of life gets better when it gets easier to manage mods, or there's a shorter timer between challenges.

    My quality of life doesn't get better when you reduce content even further.
  • Liath
    5087 posts Member
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Where does it say they won't modify kits?

    They said the two would be balanced.

    Source please. People keep asserting this yet no one can actually show where they said it.

    So you're saying you thought they wouldn't be the same power level?

    I'm not sure why anybody would have believed they would be the same power level. Even if CG had said they would be (which as far as I can tell they did not), did you really think they were competent enough to do it?

    I waited a while after I could have committed to a GL specifically to see which one was going to be better, because I never believed they would actually be equal.
  • I agree with the post on this topic. And I do not understand, EA sees and understands the problem, but does not make any decisions.
  • I agree with the post on this topic. And I do not understand, EA sees and understands the problem, but does not make any decisions.
  • HokieFiend
    214 posts Member
    edited June 30
    Rey should have a way to solo the raids at the least with the damage Traya inflicts on Sion and Nihilus to kill them off included in any total damage count for the player.

    They've moved the goalposts on both GL's so much since release that any reasoning on going for Rey was made useless.

    People have a right to be angry about this and should use any means they deem appropriate to be made whole. Fully justified.
  • Dont go for Rey.

    CG wants you to go on SLKR. Buffed every weeks, rey has counter popping every weeks.

    SLKR is a nightmare to fight with Rey. Ulti back to back, clearly op, designed to destroy Rey.

    Rey is ko, SLKR is king in every game mode. Rey is crap.

    End of the story
  • TVF
    23477 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Dont go for Rey.

    CG wants you to go on SLKR. Buffed every weeks, rey has counter popping every weeks.

    SLKR is a nightmare to fight with Rey. Ulti back to back, clearly op, designed to destroy Rey.

    Rey is ko, SLKR is king in every game mode. Rey is crap.

    End of the story

    tenor.gif?itemid=11538657

    Rey is not crap, and beats SLKR easy with some changes to your team/strat. Do some research.

    Before anyone starts in on me again, I would definitely recommend chasing SLKR over Rey now, unless you are focused on TB. But it's silly to say she's crap, and lazy to say she can't beat SLKR.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • chmoAr0ufif0u
    65 posts Member
    edited June 30
    <empty>
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    Dont go for Rey.

    CG wants you to go on SLKR. Buffed every weeks, rey has counter popping every weeks.

    SLKR is a nightmare to fight with Rey. Ulti back to back, clearly op, designed to destroy Rey.

    Rey is ko, SLKR is king in every game mode. Rey is crap.

    End of the story

    Rey clearly isn't crap. She is a powerhouse character and I wouldn't read too much into a few YouTube videos of her getting taken down by Vader.

    I've just checked the top of my arena shard. 5 of the top 10 are Rey including ranks #1 and #2.

    If you're saying that if you knew then what you know now, you'd have farmed the requirements for SL Kylo then fair enough. But that does not mean that Rey is crap.
  • HokieFiend
    214 posts Member
    edited June 30
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Dont go for Rey.

    CG wants you to go on SLKR. Buffed every weeks, rey has counter popping every weeks.

    SLKR is a nightmare to fight with Rey. Ulti back to back, clearly op, designed to destroy Rey.

    Rey is ko, SLKR is king in every game mode. Rey is crap.

    End of the story

    Rey clearly isn't crap. She is a powerhouse character and I wouldn't read too much into a few YouTube videos of her getting taken down by Vader.

    I've just checked the top of my arena shard. 5 of the top 10 are Rey including ranks #1 and #2.

    If you're saying that if you knew then what you know now, you'd have farmed the requirements for SL Kylo then fair enough. But that does not mean that Rey is crap.

    For a character that had a far more punitive farm, it's ridiculous. These characters were meant to have the same value to a player. As it stands they don't, end of story.

    The people who have Rey have a right to be angry about what's happened. I'm sure a lot of them are going the direction of Urz in part because of it. Give them some time to make it right... if not peace out and start the reclamation process.

    It's really despicable what they've done and as Mando would say I'd imagine "this is the way" going forward if they release more GL's. There are always two... and they will buff and nerf dependent on which one more people go for. It's unreal though I guess we shouldn't expect any less.
  • You all made me laugh with your "Rey is not crap"

    I am sorry but for the insane requirement and gear she needs to be at her best, she does not worth it. Now with a 60 banners win with f2p easy team, she is clearly crap.

    And spare me with your strategy tips. Yeah I can beat Kylo by using 4 meta A toons by her side. In the meantime, kylo just needs the first order.

    Stop being ridiculous by saying those lies.

    Rey is crap, it is the truth
  • TVF
    23477 posts Member
    k
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    23477 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Now with a 60 banners win with f2p easy team, she is clearly crap.

    Btw, which team? Vader? You been doing that?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.