Galactic challenges rewards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Woooooooooow rewards are TRASH and they’re stuck behind a crappy paywall.
    CG=🤡.
  • Options
    This really is utter trash the rewards being locked behind relic level gates when they are this poor... Again all the payers will have the required levels while the rest of us suffer. Trash update, especially with how long this took and the supposed hype surrounding it.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I understand about the rewards but lets also keep in mind we are working through a test run and there is a possibility that these event s could be running as frequently as every 2 days.

I havent thrown all the reward together yet to look at it from that perspective, but it's a thought.

No. This is hot garbage.

If there is some frequency where it resets and gives more rewards tomorrow or different ones, that is something the in game messages should be telling us. Its something the devs should have come in here and stated.

This is a drop in game mode that has trash rewards. If its going to be better later, perhaps level set what my expectation should be.

The only thing i cant do is the middle feat of not losing a character in the last 3 tier difficulties. The reward to beef my r5 to r7 is laughable.

81iqdt8b6k6y.jpg
    r4fccfs83h8u.jpg

For refrence, here are the rewards i would be beefing 1 r5 sith to r7 to maybe get.

hcnczv7oan2s.jpg
    rmfuh1dsbgfp.jpg
    v94qqv84wd6n.jpg

As you can tell thats not even close to being worth even playing it again for
  • Options
    Update: Just opened 10k ally points worth of packs and got better rewards.
  • Options
    Given this is a test run I get not going all torch and pitch forks off the bat but CG really needs to wake up and realize that these rewards are just bad. Cmon the community is clamoring for more stun guns and not even one the whole event lol
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Given this is a test run I get not going all torch and pitch forks off the bat but CG really needs to wake up and realize that these rewards are just bad. Cmon the community is clamoring for more stun guns and not even one the whole event lol

They knew exactly what they were doing.
  • Options
    How about them sim tickets though.
  • Options
    It’s galactic junkyard :D
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options

They did put stun guns, they just put them in the new packs that they put out with galactic challenges. We don’t simply get them for free, it’s not the CG way
  • Options
    Oh and just to test the water here you can buy zetas now....
  • Options
    I do not know if the rewards are great or not, what I do know is that if you do not already have 5 toons (Sith in this case) at Relic 5 and you need to upgrade toons just for the event, it doesn't worth it for me. The rewards do not worth all gear you need to Relic 5 five toons.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I would buy the 5 zetas for $5 maybe
  • Options

"A test run". How are they hiding behind this excuse? They have been given loads of feedback of what new content people wanted. They knew the level to set the bar at and decided to throw it down in to the ground and provide us with worthless gear. If they knew anything about what the community wanted then they wouldn't have hit so far off the mark with this "test run".

So which is it? They don't listen to their community at all or this was some sort of mistake?
  • Options
    I don't think the rewards are terrible overall. My problem is that they are locked behind 5 r3 and 5 r5 toons of a single faction. The kyros and finisher pieces shouldn't be locked behind already having the people relicced.
  • Options
    Just limit it to them being relic toons not R3 or R5 and then triple the reward amount at least
  • Options

Gear=Poor
    Battles=Boring
    Challenges=Not really

It's about as engaging as simming Galactic War. Start battle, press auto, collect poor rewards. Accept defeat on last tier with Sith. No reward for running another faction.

Fortunately the rewards are that poor I can forget you even did the update for the time being.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Of course CG put trash rewards in the new event. After so much time are they really going to fake (again) having no idea what the gear bottlenecks are?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    I don't think the rewards are terrible overall. My problem is that they are locked behind 5 r3 and 5 r5 toons of a single faction. The kyros and finisher pieces shouldn't be locked behind already having the people relicced.

Thats the problem. As someone who has that, these are garbage rewards.

If you need that to get them..... its not worth investing in to get either... not enough kyro, no stun guns.... not enough finishers or mod slicing parts.

I get better in my daily farm of kyro and finisher pieces
  • Options
    The rewards you receive for completing something should help you progress to the next level.

At the moment the rewards for galactic challenges and assault battles give you items that you do not need on the toons that you have used to complete the goal.

The galactic challenges have feats that require a squad of at least a certain level, for example gear 7. The rewards should be items to help you get to gear 8. Likewise if the feat is to use toons who are all g12, then you should get items to help you get to gear 13, and so on.

Giving rewards that are less than the required level does not allow players to progress.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The rewards you receive for completing something should help you progress to the next level.

At the moment the rewards for galactic challenges and assault battles give you items that you do not need on the toons that you have used to complete the goal.

The galactic challenges have feats that require a squad of at least a certain level, for example gear 7. The rewards should be items to help you get to gear 8. Likewise if the feat is to use toons who are all g12, then you should get items to help you get to gear 13, and so on.

Giving rewards that are less than the required level does not allow players to progress.

While I do agree, when you have over 200 characters that need gear some events and even game modes are designed to be farming locations to bring your whole roster to point X, that may not always be an end game point.

• Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    9lwetkc23vdo.jpeg
  • Options

While I do agree, when you have over 200 characters that need gear some events and even game modes are designed to be farming locations to bring your whole roster to point X, that may not always be an end game point.

Yeah, but as you so kindly say repeatedly, this is a resource management game. My resources are better served only taking a couple people per faction to g13. Because I am balancing who I relic instead of blindly taking a full team of 5 to g13 I'm now locked out of the best rewards even though I can still beat the fights.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yeah, but as you so kindly say repeatedly, this is a resource management game. My resources are better served only taking a couple people per faction to g13. Because I am balancing who I relic instead of blindly taking a full team of 5 to g13 I'm now locked out of the best rewards even though I can still beat the fights.

Correct resources management, which makes every one of those game modes or events a choice. Is the investment worth it to get this on farm to get the rewards to bring the rest of my roster to X point.

Also, this is a exhibition and we dont know what the rewards will look like in the final thing, or the frequency, which is why I was simply pointing out that not everything is going to fill the mark of what that poster was saying. Not every game mode is designed to deliver end game gear, or even gear that will be used to make that event easier. Some times they are just farming points to get everyone the stuff they need to make lower tiers go faster. Which is allowing us to progress.
  • Options
    Firstly, I would like to express my appreciation for the addition of this new mode. it is always welcome to see new playable content come to Galaxy of Heroes. I see a great deal of potential in this mode and with proper tweaks and feedback I see potential for it to be a fun, and welcome addition to the existing activities in the game. With that said, I would like to provide some feedback on the rewards.

I am a long-term player who took a break from the game only to return to it a year and a half later. One of my primary issues at the time of leaving was the lack of rewards necessary to feel as though I was improving my roster in a meaningful, timely way. Having returned to the game for nearly 2 years now, I find this challenge creeping up again. While I don't expect or anticipate the rewards from this mode to be extremely high (assuming the cadence of the activity is relatively frequent) I would like to see them provide a meaningful sense of improvement as I continue to participate in this new event. As it stands from my initial impression, the rewards do not feel meaningful. The basic completion rewards are inconsequential at best, and the feat rewards are currently extremely low, especially considering they are gated behind gear and roster requirements. it would be great to see basic rewards include gear pieces that are reflective of the tier difficulty, and the feat rewards to be increased drastically to provide a sense of meaningful accomplishment reflecting the effort put in to building the characters/gear necessary to complete them.

For Example:
    -the base rewards for tier IV (fighting gear 12 opponents) could include 5-10 pieces of gear needed to complete gear 12 pieces
    -The feat rewards for tier IV could include 20+ pieces of gear, character shards, etc.

This is just a base example, clearly gear could depend on the frequency of the event. if it comes around often (every 1 - 2 days, it changes) rewards could be adjusted slightly down. If it is less often, rewards could be adjusted up.

I don't inherently have a problem with the feats being gated behind gear and characters, (it doesn't feel great) - but it would be more acceptable if the base rewards would at least help you progress towards meeting the feat requirements of subsequent Galactic Challenges. As it stands, the base rewards feel trivial.

I believe there is a great mode structure here, I do hope to see it refined a bit. Thank you very much for your time and consideration, I look forward to seeing how this new mode continues to evolve and grow.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    404nzh35a8pc.png

Only that last feat is hard
  • Options

Correct resources management, which makes every one of those game modes or events a choice. Is the investment worth it to get this on farm to get the rewards to bring the rest of my roster to X point.

Also, this is a exhibition and we dont know what the rewards will look like in the final thing, or the frequency, which is why I was simply pointing out that not everything is going to fill the mark of what that poster was saying. Not every game mode is designed to deliver end game gear, or even gear that will be used to make that event easier. Some times they are just farming points to get everyone the stuff they need to make lower tiers go faster. Which is allowing us to progress.

There aren’t many events that offer the chokehold gear though and this should’ve been one of them. Even if this ends up giving and extra 25 gun salvage a week mixed with other high need gear like finishers, G12+ etc it would be a very welcome thing. These rewards are not near enough and like GAC (then and now even) need to be upped.
  • Options

See that's the thing, this sith one is on farm. I can beat it with 5 sith just fine. I just don't have 5 sith at r3+, so poof I get weak rewards with nothing in my rewards to help me progress to get the5th g13 toon. It would be entirely different if I wasn't even able to beat the fight.

And you keep saying these are only exhibition rewards, they might change. This may not be your intent, but it comes off to me like 'you have no reason to complain because they might change' but if we don't provide this feedback they will think the rewards are just fine as is and think they don't have any need to change them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

There aren’t many events that offer the chokehold gear though and this should’ve been one of them. Even if this ends up giving and extra 25 gun salvage a week mixed with other high need gear like finishers, G12+ etc it would be a very welcome thing. These rewards are not near enough and like GAC (then and now even) need to be upped.

I cannot like this more than once.
  • Options
    See that's the thing, this sith one is on farm. I can beat it with 5 sith just fine. I just don't have 5 sith at r3+, so poof I get weak rewards with nothing in my rewards to help me progress to get the5th g13 toon. It would be entirely different if I wasn't even able to beat the fight.

And you keep saying these are only exhibition rewards, they might change. This may not be your intent, but it comes off to me like 'you have no reason to complain because they might change' but if we don't provide this feedback they will think the rewards are just fine as is and think they don't have any need to change them.

I’m trying to remember the last time rewards actually got better between exhibition and release