Galactic challenges rewards [MERGE]

191011121315Next

Replies

• Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Watch out dark helmet you will wind up in forum jail with me.

What the heck even is forum jail?

I am not quite sure myself. I just know I have bars on my avatar and limited posting abilities.
  • Options
    I thought the rewards were an April Fool’s joke before I realized it was August.
  • Options
    Conceptually a feat should be more difficult than normal. The devs basically put in a gate and called it a feat to trick low IQ people... This is easy to fix just don't try to fool us.

Beat tier 7 with a team should be the Galactic challenge.

The feats should be
    - beat the event with 5 units of a faction
    - beat the event getting flawless victory
    - beat the event with undermanned team
  • Options
    Conceptually a feat should be more difficult than normal. The devs basically put in a gate and called it a feat to trick low IQ people... This is easy to fix just don't try to fool us.

The feats should be

Not quite understanding that. Those are the feats now so are you saying they shouldn't apply at different tiers? TY
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Piewalker wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    6vbm8gsudg5t.png

Seconded.

Surprise! ;)

You aren't really looking at the big picture if you think shards is better than crystals. Yeah, people don't have Greef so it looks better now, but when you do, its just **** currency. For example, When we do get Old Republic GC, the reward for 5x r5 toons being 5 Jolee shards will be a joke compared to 175 crystals.

If I had to gear up only 5 Bounty Hunters to g13, i would rather wait a few more weeks and farm Greef and push him to g13 rather than work on 5 other BH just so I can get 8 extra shards a month

I don't think shards are better than crystals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The feats should be

Not quite understanding that. Those are the feats now so are you saying they shouldn't apply at different tiers? TY

There is one key difference you should note, he is not placing a gear restriction on the faction feat, because it is a bit silly that someone can beat it with a lower gear and not get rewards.

or dont call them feats and this would eliminate the confusion that many players feel, but it wouldnt do anything to sooth them either.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

The feats should be

There is one key difference you should note, he is not placing a gear restriction on the faction feat, because it is a bit silly that someone can beat it with a lower gear and not get rewards.

or dont call them feats and this would eliminate the confusion that many players feel, but it wouldnt do anything to sooth them either.

yep, got it. Agree.
  • Options
    So the admit the rewards are appealing but only for lower tiers. We finally get a Death Star raid ands it's a new challenge that's basically assault battles 2.0 with even worse rewards. And you have to use a team that has nothing to do with either death star. Capitol games is failing everything and everyone.
  • Options
    Not getting undersized reward while using GAS squad. This isn't necessarily a big deal since the undersized reward is absolute trash, but thought I might mention the bug.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Betelgeuse wrote: »
    Not getting undersized reward while using GAS squad. This isn't necessarily a big deal since the undersized reward is absolute trash, but thought I might mention the bug.

Did you use ARC?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

@betelgeuze
    yes, this is a listed know issue. Thank you for reporting.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/234479/title-update-08-12-2020#latest
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

@betelgeuze
    yes, this is a listed know issue. Thank you for reporting.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/234479/title-update-08-12-2020#latest

I got the undersized reward with my GAS squad. Found out that bringing Arc trooper along with his turret is making the game register a 5-man squad. Did it with just GAS/Rex/Echo/Fives.
  • Howlers14
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I know this is becoming an older thread, and I see CG has made some incremental adjustments to rewards. Still, the requirements even at the lower levels for newer players is a headscratcher. Today we have Old Republic and I was happy to see I could earn some Bastila, Mission, and T3 shards because I'm currently farming OR. That happiness soon faded when I saw the requirements to be awarded those shards. You need 5 OR characters at T7 gear!!

Like - what??? How is a person that's farming OR going to have FIVE characters at the gear requirement when they're still farming the squad? And the way most people farm, they're likely in less need of the character shards once they have all five characters. Makes zero sense.
  • Options
    How is a person that's farming OR going to have FIVE characters at the gear requirement when they're still farming the squad? And the way most people farm, they're likely in less need of the character shards once they have all five characters. Makes zero sense.

Yep.

The way it should work is that they require a Favored Faction, but you earn shards of the Enemy Faction, that way you're not (nearly) guaranteed to be earning shards you don't need. I mean, seriously, you have 5xr3 or r5 in a specific faction but you're still farming the toons? That doesn't make any sense at all.
  • Options
    How is a person that's farming OR going to have FIVE characters at the gear requirement when they're still farming the squad? And the way most people farm, they're likely in less need of the character shards once they have all five characters. Makes zero sense.

Yep.

The way it should work is that they require a Favored Faction, but you earn shards of the Enemy Faction, that way you're not (nearly) guaranteed to be earning shards you don't need. I mean, seriously, you have 5xr3 or r5 in a specific faction but you're still farming the toons? That doesn't make any sense at all.

To be fair todays r3 and r5 was the rebel y-wing.

Now the gear11 check and below was all the point you are making.

The bigger issue is the amount of shards. Tier 1 gives 1 bastila.... gee thanks. If i need bastila you saved me a really bad rng for 80 regular energy or 100 ship energy.

10. Give me 10 shards. If i needed her, that would help. It would also get me gear in shard shop.

But to your point different character than the faction you ate using would be nice
  • Options
    @ShaggyB
    But to your point different character than the faction you (are) using would be nice

Yeah, I hadn't noticed the Y-Wing blueprints. Thanks for pointing that out. That is nice, but that's also just what we are both saying: the Y-Wing is not an Old Republic ship.
  • Options
    Hey all, I know we're still in exhibition and I've seen a mild improvement in GC rewards since the first day, but they still have a long way to go. I have no desire to play the game mode because my choices are to either annihilate a lower tier for extremely worthless gear or whale on multiple relic levels for a chance at 2 carbanti salvage. I sure hope you're just holding back in exhibition, because there is a serious imbalance between difficulty and reward, giving me no motivation to try.