Galactic challenges rewards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Boring, relic pay wall for garbage rewards. Zero fun, zero excitement, zero interest in completing the challenges. What happened to all the amazing things the upgrade to the game engine is supposed to enable the design team to do?
  • Options
    Thanks for the attempt (??? ... no ... probably too kind). beat lvl 6 without five r3 sith ... got terrible rewards. With the exception of a few shards I can use ... this is a crap event ... why are you giving out gear I have 1000s of ... at lvl 6 ??? GAC rewards aren't really worth the time but at least it's a little interesting because the opponent makes it interesting ... this event is boring on top of the bad rewards . this is just another event to auto and collect rewards (where useful)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    The rewards you receive for completing something should help you progress to the next level.

At the moment the rewards for galactic challenges and assault battles give you items that you do not need on the toons that you have used to complete the goal.

The galactic challenges have feats that require a squad of at least a certain level, for example gear 7. The rewards should be items to help you get to gear 8. Likewise if the feat is to use toons who are all g12, then you should get items to help you get to gear 13, and so on.

Giving rewards that are less than the required level does not allow players to progress.

While I do agree, when you have over 200 characters that need gear some events and even game modes are designed to be farming locations to bring your whole roster to point X, that may not always be an end game point.

Yeah, but as you so kindly say repeatedly, this is a resource management game. My resources are better served only taking a couple people per faction to g13. Because I am balancing who I relic instead of blindly taking a full team of 5 to g13 I'm now locked out of the best rewards even though I can still beat the fights.

Correct resources management, which makes every one of those game modes or events a choice. Is the investment worth it to get this on farm to get the rewards to bring the rest of my roster to X point.

Also, this is a exhibition and we dont know what the rewards will look like in the final thing, or the frequency, which is why I was simply pointing out that not everything is going to fill the mark of what that poster was saying. Not every game mode is designed to deliver end game gear, or even gear that will be used to make that event easier. Some times they are just farming points to get everyone the stuff they need to make lower tiers go faster. Which is allowing us to progress.

See that's the thing, this sith one is on farm. I can beat it with 5 sith just fine. I just don't have 5 sith at r3+, so poof I get weak rewards with nothing in my rewards to help me progress to get the5th g13 toon. It would be entirely different if I wasn't even able to beat the fight.

And you keep saying these are only exhibition rewards, they might change. This may not be your intent, but it comes off to me like 'you have no reason to complain because they might change' but if we don't provide this feedback they will think the rewards are just fine as is and think they don't have any need to change them.

You can assume I'm saying whatever you want, but that doesnt make it true.

I have never said anyone shouldnt provide feedback, so if you are reading it that way, you should go back and read what I said without your implied bias that I am in any way trying to say anything other than the words I am using.
  • Options
    My take is that the rewards for the challenge tiers really aren’t worth the time, or matching to the minimum recommended gear and/or relic levels. The character shards are nice, but I’m hoping that perhaps when the test run is over that the rewards better fit the challenge tiers, and perhaps that if you’re not going to give out a lot of rewards then I would appreciate the event being a more frequent thing so that it can better make up for the small amount of gear, character shards, and other things provided, or even integrating a new currency and store for the event as a another source of more gear and/or character shards.
  • Options
    The rewards you receive for completing something should help you progress to the next level.

At the moment the rewards for galactic challenges and assault battles give you items that you do not need on the toons that you have used to complete the goal.

The galactic challenges have feats that require a squad of at least a certain level, for example gear 7. The rewards should be items to help you get to gear 8. Likewise if the feat is to use toons who are all g12, then you should get items to help you get to gear 13, and so on.

Giving rewards that are less than the required level does not allow players to progress.

While I do agree, when you have over 200 characters that need gear some events and even game modes are designed to be farming locations to bring your whole roster to point X, that may not always be an end game point.

Yeah, but as you so kindly say repeatedly, this is a resource management game. My resources are better served only taking a couple people per faction to g13. Because I am balancing who I relic instead of blindly taking a full team of 5 to g13 I'm now locked out of the best rewards even though I can still beat the fights.

Correct resources management, which makes every one of those game modes or events a choice. Is the investment worth it to get this on farm to get the rewards to bring the rest of my roster to X point.

Also, this is a exhibition and we dont know what the rewards will look like in the final thing, or the frequency, which is why I was simply pointing out that not everything is going to fill the mark of what that poster was saying. Not every game mode is designed to deliver end game gear, or even gear that will be used to make that event easier. Some times they are just farming points to get everyone the stuff they need to make lower tiers go faster. Which is allowing us to progress.

See that's the thing, this sith one is on farm. I can beat it with 5 sith just fine. I just don't have 5 sith at r3+, so poof I get weak rewards with nothing in my rewards to help me progress to get the5th g13 toon. It would be entirely different if I wasn't even able to beat the fight.

And you keep saying these are only exhibition rewards, they might change. This may not be your intent, but it comes off to me like 'you have no reason to complain because they might change' but if we don't provide this feedback they will think the rewards are just fine as is and think they don't have any need to change them.

You can assume I'm saying whatever you want, but that doesnt make it true.

I have never said anyone shouldnt provide feedback, so if you are reading it that way, you should go back and read what I said without your implied bias that I am in any way trying to say anything other than the words I am using.

Wow, relax, and reread the part where I said this may not be your intent.
  • Options
    HKFactory wrote: »
    My take is that the rewards for the challenge tiers really aren’t worth the time, or matching to the minimum recommended gear and/or relic levels. The character shards are nice, but I’m hoping that perhaps when the test run is over that the rewards better fit the challenge tiers, and perhaps that if you’re not going to give out a lot of rewards then I would appreciate the event being a more frequent thing so that it can better make up for the small amount of gear, character shards, and other things provided, or even integrating a new currency and store for the event as a another source of more gear and/or character shards.

wouldn't hold your breath they'll get better ... and, no ... no new currency ... new sources of *useful* gear would be nice but not more crap gear

• jedibaer71
    576 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    tier 7, „special mission“: rewards for a win without losing a hero.

f7mmsxwz9ams.png

the first is also in the rancor-reward box, the other i found also in the bronzium rewards.

to make it short: not really the high-end gear... ☹️
    Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • Options
    For all those saying this event is over tuned I have beat t7 multiple times with this squad. Granted some only at 1 star, but I still beat it. Yeah the rewards are lame but the event is hardly over tune. The feats I'm not sure as I don't have the requirements to try some of them.1h47d4y1tsmv.png
  • Options
    I'm done with the event ... took 30 minutes ... mostly on auto ... and the only reason it took 30 minutes was because I was also in the forum.

Crap event ... well done CG!
  • Options
    CG have really outdone themselves this time around 😂💩
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    404nzh35a8pc.png

Only that last feat is hard

Use glrey squad with kenobi, jedi revan, gas and i did rey jedi training as my 5th.

Super easy

s56fb3horavy.jpg
  • Options
    So... this is what we've been waiting for ever since the Sith Tri raid, huh? Pretty lame, CG. Pretty... pretty lame.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    tier 7, „special mission“: rewards for a win with a full sith-team without losing a hero.

f7mmsxwz9ams.png

Nicely done. Who was your 5th? I see revan, sith trooper, badstila and vader
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    tier 7, „special mission“: rewards for a win with a full sith-team without losing a hero.

f7mmsxwz9ams.png

Nicely done. Who was your 5th? I see revan, sith trooper, badstila and vader

Pretty sure it’s Malak, you can just about see his bald head
  • Options
    mk1 stun guns? What is wrong with you?
  • Options
    First up: I do get why (at least to start with) rewards are being tied to specific factions. Just out of curiosity I blew through the whole thing with 501st so sure, limit it.
    But why is there a gear gate for the rewards? Mostly, sure, I'm annoyed about this because I don't have five g12+ Sith. But I was able to beat tier V with what I've got -- even got the undersized feat because I do have four g12+ Sith (and boy was that reward worth the half an hour of purely stubborn trying).
    I've got an r3 Vader and the Vader lead makes tier V do-able. Not easy by any means! But do-able. So why no rewards?
  • Options
    This is very disappointing. The rewards are hot garbage and anything remotely worth attempting the event is locked behind a paywall. You should be ashamed of the crap that you published.
  • Options
    @ShaggyB hola amigo! all good?
    5th was malak (behind the rewards)
  • Options
    I may not even play this again. What a dumpster fire. I was actually excited for this. I feel stupid.
  • Options
    The rewards are tuned to make us relic more factions. Just like the new assault battle tiers. I don't have a problem with that. Took me 20-ish tries, but it's less frustrating than starting an assault battle over and over because I keep dying on stage 4.

ks4sobekykdx.png
  • maraexibil
    197 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The glaring error in design is that the feat completion rewards are those needed to complete the same feat. For example, to complete Tier VI you need Relic 3 characters, but the prizes are the same Gear pieces you need to reach G13!

A simple change is to make rewards for feat completion helpful for the next tier completion. Add G12 finisher pieces and Relic Mats to rewards in Tier V, to help players reach R3 for Tier VI.

You'll get higher engagement as players play for continued roster development.

I'm backwards, you flea-bitten furball! - C-3PO

Also, there is no incentive for players to do lower tiers, unless lower level bottleneck gear is given as prizes (holo 3, stun gun 5, droid caller 5).
    Post edited by maraexibil on
  • Options
    Darth Revan, BSF, Malak, Sith Empire Trooper, HK 47

It’s easier if Wat passes the tech to Poggle instead of Magna so it’s definitely RNG..
  • Options
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    HKFactory wrote: »

wouldn't hold your breath they'll get better ... and, no ... no new currency ... new sources of *useful* gear would be nice but not more crap gear

Then perhaps the store could have only “useful” gear and character shards for more recent characters like the old republic characters, or some characters that are still not in any stores of any kind. No need to be so overly negative.
  • Options
    The rewards need to be better especially at Tier 7 and they need to be decent for any team beating it with a nice bonus reward if you beat with the preferred team. The only nice thing is that you can keep playing without a cost to use your new shiny toy that you can’t use anywhere else in the game due to the lack of content.

It’s a nice attempt buts needs to be so much more. Hopefully the take constructive feedback and make useful changes.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    The tier completion rewards seemed okay. Crystals were nice, as were the kyros and finishers on the last tier. If this were a weeklong challenge, I'd expect higher quantities at least, if they can only be gotten once

Feat rewards seemed wholly out of line with completing the event under additional restrictions. Right now they're bragging rights only at the higher tiers. The actual reward is pretty useless - not even a large enough quantity to make the jawa scavenger happy.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    sqf7ptminb02.jpg
    b70e3z6dbhnl.jpg

But guys look I really needed 3 of this gear that I already have over 6k of, IN TIER 6 of this event.

Gear crunch fixed

LOL Salvage that stuff - I have hardly anything I have more than 1000 of anymore - it becomes salvage for my G13 goals. It’s all “useful” if you really want to get technical.

Should the rewards be higher? Probably. But, this isn’t completely useless.

• Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I understand about the rewards but lets also keep in mind we are working through a test run and there is a possibility that these event s could be running as frequently as every 2 days.

I havent thrown all the reward together yet to look at it from that perspective, but it's a thought.

No. This is hot garbage.

If there is some frequency where it resets and gives more rewards tomorrow or different ones, that is something the in game messages should be telling us. Its something the devs should have come in here and stated.

This is a drop in game mode that has trash rewards. If its going to be better later, perhaps level set what my expectation should be.

The only thing i cant do is the middle feat of not losing a character in the last 3 tier difficulties. The reward to beef my r5 to r7 is laughable.

The rewards do not refreah day to day, but they do refresh for each run of the event.

And they stated they are testing the length of the event.

So did the Beta testers provide any feedback? CG couldnt figure out that giving a MK1 Stun gun on the last tier that you can only get once in 6 days was a bad idea? Either the beta testers need to be relieved of duties or CG needs to actually listen to their feedback. How did that get past QA? Seriously!