Galactic challenges rewards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    They decided not to make a raid to make this thing. I can't even.
  • Options
    madhader wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    The "On Target" is a minimum gear, not an exact gear. You can use full Gear 13 teams and still get the On Target rewards for using a full Gear 11 team (assuming they're all Sith). But I agree that the rewards are really heavily weighted towards the feats and the top tiers.
    The "On Target" is a minimum gear, not an exact gear. You can use full Gear 13 teams and still get the On Target rewards for using a full Gear 11 team (assuming they're all Sith). But I agree that the rewards are really heavily weighted towards the feats and the top tiers.

Uh, no, they are an exact requirement. I just beat all of the other levels with higher gear toons and didn’t get that reward. It is an EXACT gear requirement, which is the **** idea ever. My Malak is R7, so I can’t use him for that feat anywhere! Does that make any sense?

It says that it's an exact requirement in the text, but it's actually a minimum one. I just autoed everything with my relic'd Sith and got all the feats (except for the last tier since I don't have 5 Sith at r5). You probably used your DR team with HK by habit and he isn't a Sith so he doesn't count. I can 100% confirm the text in the requirements is wrong, it should say minimum. @Kyno Please let the devs know to fix the text.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    Who at CG thought that MK1 Stun guns in T-VII was ANYWHERE close to a good idea? Even for testing or exhibition. These are the people who are controlling the gear crunch people.... 9 months FOR THIS! Disappointing is an understatement.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Uh, no, they are an exact requirement. I just beat all of the other levels with higher gear toons and didn’t get that reward. It is an EXACT gear requirement, which is the **** idea ever. My Malak is R7, so I can’t use him for that feat anywhere! Does that make any sense?

It is not in anyway exact, it is that or higher.

Try again bud. I just went through it, I know what I’m talking about. I used R4 and R7 Sith toons for the level that requires G12, didn’t get the feat. IT IS AN EXACT Requirement.

You're definitely wrong. Try using 5 sith instead of 4 or less
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

It says that it's an exact requirement in the text, but it's actually a minimum one. I just autoed everything with my relic'd Sith and got all the feats (except for the last tier since I don't have 5 Sith at r5). You probably used your DR team with HK by habit and he isn't a Sith so he doesn't count. I can 100% confirm the text in the requirements is wrong, it should say minimum. Kyno Please let the devs know to fix the text.

@madhader
  • Options

Try again bud. I just went through it, I know what I’m talking about. I used R4 and R7 Sith toons for the level that requires G12, didn’t get the feat. IT IS AN EXACT Requirement.

And yet I used my 2 r7s, 2 r5s, and 1 g12 and have all the feats completed through tier 5
  • Options
    Jppc wrote: »
    And? Still garbage, you should get good ones for winning (even if it needed to win with a specific faction) and some plus but nothing world change for feats.
    Just like how rewards are in GAC, you get good rewards for winning and getting into kyber, feats give you titles and portraits and some points to help get to kyber (but you can still get to kyber without all feats).

The point is they just declared they have no clue when people are cheating. GAC is policed by players reading through the swgoh.gg logs.

These rewards are so bad they’re not going to drive people to spend - but had they been rewards for completing the event or 3 staring the event - people would absolutely cheat.
  • Options
    6wsssqcej9xw.jpg
    8kb3hiab86xq.jpg
  • NS4Life1979
    71 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

you clearly are wrong, as all of my Sith are R7, and i got all the rewards and all the feats from all the tiers. It is a minimum requirement, not an exact requirement, you must have done something else wrong...

I ran R7 Vader, R7 Darth Revan, R7 Bastila Fallen, R7 Palpatine, and R7 Malak.
  • Options
    Yet again, terrible rewards. 5 minutes into a new game mode and I’m done with it. Bet your devs are proud of how you torture their work with money grabs. The smell test on this one is easy. If you need R5 to beat something and you get 2-4 pieces of G13 gear (that you only need for secondary toons) then your rewards are bad. Design something that helps players improve their roster, not just toss a tiny reward to those that already have.
  • Options

I just got the on target rewards with a full relic sith team.
    seems there is something wrong on your side

bxtp633qkse6.jpg

I thought people wanted content ?
    seems more like they want to have easy gear rather than a good event.

I like the event and had some fun with it, the rewards are just a bonus.

there are some people who complain about everything, it is so tiresome
  • Options
    I seriously don't know how you can present this new content with those rewards and a straight face CG.

The rewards are TRASH!!! TRASH!!!!!

If you want us to engage with the content give us meaningful rewards.

SO.VERY.DISAPPOINTING
  • Options

you clearly are wrong, as all of my Sith are R7, and i got all the rewards and all the feats from all the tiers. It is a minimum requirement, not an exact requirement, you must have done something else wrong...

I ran R7 Vader, R7 Darth Revan, R7 Bastila Fallen, R7 Palpatine, and R7 Malak.

Ok. I see my error. I was using my Sith empire team and forgot that HK shouldn’t have been in there.
  • Options
    It’s a test run....literally stated as such.
    A bit early to rage?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @madhader
    2k6gafrcbxp5.jpg
    Team used in tier 6. 2 relic 7s in there

kdfsvobzxibg.jpg
    Feat completed.

• Options
    A bit early to rage?

What a terribly bad test run. Why alienate your player base with something over tuned and under rewarded. All they are doing is killing a game mode on day 1.

Make the rewards low and the challenge to match. If you truly want people to test the power / reward curve, let them test it with matching power and rewards.

• Options

No it's not. I have done the first 4 tiers with an R7 Malak and I was given all the rewards.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I understand about the rewards but lets also keep in mind we are working through a test run and there is a possibility that these event s could be running as frequently as every 2 days.

I havent thrown all the reward together yet to look at it from that perspective, but it's a thought.
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Phuzakie wrote: »
    A bit early to rage?

What a terribly bad test run. Why alienate your player base with something over tuned and under rewarded. All they are doing is killing a game mode on day 1.

Make the rewards low and the challenge to match. If you truly want people to test the power / reward curve, let them test it with matching power and rewards.

Over-tuned? I mean I couldn’t get the feats for 5 relic Sith but finished all the others first go with a mix of G12 and Relic 2 Sith.....(Including last tier)
    Difficulty isn’t high enough
    And I’m sure they will consider upgrading the rewards based on feedback from the TRIAL run....
  • Options
    I understand about the rewards but lets also keep in mind we are working through a test run and there is a possibility that these event s could be running as frequently as every 2 days.

I havent thrown all the reward together yet to look at it from that perspective, but it's a thought.

It’s a poor way to run a test run, to alienate people right out of the gate. The devs are still suffering from the LS Geo power curve mindset of making things so hard people need to grow into them. Problem is, they lock the rewards needed to grow behind the difficulty levels they haven’t yet grown to.

It’s a money grab. They want you hungry enough to buy a **** $99 pack in hopes you can beat the harder level to get rewards you don’t need as much as before you bought the pack.

• Options
    I was able to beat tier 6 with G12 sith and one R5 sith but the good rewards are locked behind an arbitrary R3 requirement. Really takes an event that I was looking forward to and puts a bad taste in my mouth cause I was able to beat the tier with the intended team but can’t get the rewards for doing so. The mode has potential but this really spoils it.
  • Options
    Considering that they are asking for relic characters those rewards are really terrible and need to be changed ASAP.
  • Options
    My feedback so far.

Event Length: WAY too long. These only need to be 1 day. Like Omega/assault battles. Unless you guys manage to massively overhaul the way the event works, there's absolutely no reason I need more than 30-45 minutes to do all 7 tiers if I have a team capable, and no amount of puzzle solving is going to let me clear higher tiers if I don't have the characters the event is designed for, or characters like GLs/etc.

Event difficulty: T5-7 is WAY too overtuned. A full R7 team from a different faction shouldn't get obliterated by T5. R7 characters shouldn't be getting 1-shot by what's presumably supposed to be a low-relic GG with literally no significant buffs on his first turn.

Event rewards: Non-feat rewards should really give you SOMETHING. I have no desire to keep grinding to clear T5, despite knowing I probably can with my roster, simply because for the time invested I get... 1 mod and a single day's worth of mod upgrade mats.

The T6 and 7 rewards including feats are definitely good, definitely where they should be, EXCEPT for the fact I have to use specifically high-relic sith to get them, and if I don't, I get a whole 1 mod that "might" be good, and a bunch of salvage I have literally over a thousand of. AT LEAST give us the crystals for clearing something tuned this high.

Overall impressions
    Rewards need to be improved for not clearing it with the right team.
    Team feat shouldn't have a gear requirement. If I can clear this with a R7 vader and 4 G1 sith, I should get the rewards.
    Duration needs to be massively decreased unless doing so causes us to get gaps between challenges. I was done within 30 minutes. This isn't something we need a week to do.
    Enemy damage output potentially needs to be revisited. If a tier has G12 as the requirement for the feat, but 100% 1-shots any G12 character I bring into it, something there seems wrong.

This definitely has potential, but very, very few people are going to actually benefit from this in any notable way. Even the teams I HAVE geared out aren't going to qualify for the feats, because I don't have things like full bounty hunter teams at relic 5. Most people relic 7 the super important chars for a team, and then leave the others between G12 and Relic 4. My Jedi team has a relic 7, a relic 4, and 3 G12 chars because those G12 chars don't really do much comparatively. Odds are they'll probably be able to clear most jedi challenges in the future, but that gear level requirement is ridiculous. And no, the current rewards hardly seem reason enough to whale on completely random factions to me. Particularly without a solid schedule loop. "maybe" if we were guaranteed to use each faction 1-2 times/month, but even then... And the initial run doesn't even include either faction that's required for a GL, so people that actually have factions that are fully reliced out enough can't even use them.

Hopefully the final product here turns out good and worthwhile, but this initial impression is... way too much time for something that doesn't take nearly that long with way too little reward for the difficulty, with most worthwhile rewards being locked behind a literally arbitrary gear level requirement that the event isn't even tuned around, and thus just serves to lock people out of anything worthwhile if they don't have a very specific faction geared to an insanely high level that most people usually don't even take their best teams to.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards are not worth investing gear or salavage for relicing toons to get.

Amazingly bad
  • Options

The rewards? The rewards are terrible but what about the content? This got boring in half an hour max. Do CG developers come in for once a year throw up a re-skin and call it a day?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

No. This is hot garbage.

If there is some frequency where it resets and gives more rewards tomorrow or different ones, that is something the in game messages should be telling us. Its something the devs should have come in here and stated.

This is a drop in game mode that has trash rewards. If its going to be better later, perhaps level set what my expectation should be.

The only thing i cant do is the middle feat of not losing a character in the last 3 tier difficulties. The reward to beef my r5 to r7 is laughable.

81iqdt8b6k6y.jpg
    r4fccfs83h8u.jpg

• Options
    Anecdotal feedback:
    As i don't have the gear level needed for the 'sith only' feat, i can't try to solve this particular puzzle, which has nice rewards.
    As the rewards for the 2 other feats are gear pieces i have litteraly more than 1000 already, i don't feel motivated to put the effort needed to try and solve those 2 puzzles.
    So, it's fun content and i like it, but once i managed to beat the tier where pressing auto is not enough anymore, i guess i'll just wait for the next gc, without really trying to beat the feats via special modding, comps and whatnot, the carrot looking not tasty enough.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

No. This is hot garbage.

If there is some frequency where it resets and gives more rewards tomorrow or different ones, that is something the in game messages should be telling us. Its something the devs should have come in here and stated.

This is a drop in game mode that has trash rewards. If its going to be better later, perhaps level set what my expectation should be.

The only thing i cant do is the middle feat of not losing a character in the last 3 tier difficulties. The reward to beef my r5 to r7 is laughable.

The rewards do not refreah day to day, but they do refresh for each run of the event.

And they stated they are testing the length of the event.