6-A Mods Discussion

Replies

• scuba
    14164 posts Member
    Options
    Mod tier affects Ship GP not ship stats
    Mod Tier Affects Crew GP which affects Ship GP
    Mod Tier Does not affect Crew Contribution which is used for ship stats
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5f433c/explanation_of_how_ship_stats_work_and_data_tables/

Note: Mod Level will affect Crew contribution
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Couldn't find the same anomaly with that purple mods (on my Silencer at least).
    Are you sure that you didn't accidentally put a 4 dot mod on your Vader? @Fhoenix
    7786cjlt7sas.png
    6E obviously gives boost but all the other possibilities (5B, C, ..., aswell as completed mod sets or all kinds of different sets) had no impact.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Couldn't find the same anomaly with that purple mods (on my Silencer at least).
    Are you sure that you didn't accidentally put a 4 dot mod on your Vader? @Fhoenix
    7786cjlt7sas.png
    6E obviously gives boost but all the other possibilities (5B, C, ..., aswell as completed mod sets or all kinds of different sets) had no impact.

Yeah I need to check again what the heck I did.. no idea how I got it but I don't own any 4 dots :dizzy: I clice to minimum of C tier or throw them out. no greens or greys.. maybe I could hit a few rounds on the node and try again. In fleets I once remember saying someone had a slightly different ETA but coudl never figure out why. maybe I just had a 6e or something. I'll try after work.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    For the ships stats, about the mods, the game only takes into account the rarity (the number of dots) and the level, nothing more, not takes into consideration the primary stats, the secondary stats, the sets or the tiers, so is the same a level 15 mod with 5 dots tier E than a level 15 mod with 5 dots tier A, only makes a difference when is increased to 6 dots. So if they add different tiers in the 6 dot mods I suppose the ships stats will continue being the same, because the game not takes into account the tiers, only the level and the dots.

The guy @Fhoenix who published screenshots to show some differences between tiers not showed the mods, only the stats, so probaby did some error and equipped a 4 dots mod or a level 14, 13 or 12 mod or less, if you want check it be sure use the same amount of dots and be level 15 all mods.
  • Options
    Quim wrote: »
    The guy @Fhoenix who published screenshots to show some differences between tiers not showed the mods, only the stats, so probaby did some error and equipped a 4 dots mod or a level 14, 13 or 12 mod or less, if you want check it be sure use the same amount of dots and be level 15 all mods.

Yeah I think it must have been one that wasn't level 15 or something I can't recreate that scenario. Again I do not have a single 4 dot mod, nor anything below blue (5C). I jut likely had it at level 14 or something, when trying to go down a few tiers to show the difference. Most of what I equip at this point is 6E's with the occasional 5A's (soon to all be 6e's since the new mods are supposed to come sometime).
  • scuba
    14164 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    As i was saying somewhere else.
    Just because mod tier doesn't currently affect Ship stats, doesn't mean it can't
    The data is actually already in the game, they just currently only use the XE value (bold values below) for crew rating contribution
    5e 120
    5d 135
    5c 150
    5b 165
    5a 181
    6e 211
    6d 222
    6c 233
    6b 244
    6a 255
    7e 377
    Note: 7E to 7A all have value of 377
  • TVF
    36759 posts Member
    Options
    Well sure, everything is subject to change.

It's possible but unlikely.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    As i was saying somewhere else.
    Just because mod tier doesn't currently affect Ship stats, doesn't mean it can't
    The data is actually already in the game, they just currently only use the XE value (bold values below) for crew rating contribution
    5e 120
    5d 135
    5c 150
    5b 165
    5a 181
    6e 211
    6d 222
    6c 233
    6b 244
    6a 255
    7e 377
    Note: 7E to 7A all have value of 377

Unlikely they will. I could even see them moving away from having 7 dot affect it if and when they release it.

Having mods continue to affect it, devalues the pilotless ships too much. And it's far easier to just leave the mods as is than to rework all the ship stats.

If and when they want to monetize strengthening ships, it would likely be ship relics or ship mods or something to that effect. Something that can be added to the pilotless ships too. They aren't going to just buff those ships for free
  • scuba
    14164 posts Member
    Options
    Well based on the game data I looked at to go to 6C and above will require old and new slicing materials, so yes another grind.
  • Options
    Well based on the game data I looked at to go to 6C and above will require old and new slicing materials, so yes another grind.

Oof
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11586 posts Moderator
    Options

can we get the slicing mat numbers?
  • scuba
    14164 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

can we get the slicing mat numbers?

Will have to wait till tomorrow sometime so I can look up the name conversions.
  • scuba
    14164 posts Member
    Options
    Some basic numbers
    6E to 6D
    10 new
    6D to 6C
    20 new
    10 old
    6C to 6B
    40 new
    20 old
    6B to 6A*
    55 new
    40 old

*Note:
    The 40 old for 6B to 6A is 30 of one of the 50 pieces and 10 mk2 pulse modulators (20 piece) needed to go from 5E to 6A.
  • Options
    Of all the areas of the game that need improvement this was very far down the list. I was actually satisfied with mods. Now adding another thing to farm when the farm grind is already seemingly impossible uphill battle. I have played almost every day for years, I could never imagine a new player joining and trying to compete. Fix the obvious issues not the things that aren’t broken.
  • scuba
    14164 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    6E to 6D
    Credits 36000
    10 Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module

6C to 6D
    Credits 72000
    5 Mk 1 Amplifier
    5 Mk 1 Capacitor
    10 Mk 2 Thermal Exchange Unit

6C to 6B
    Credits 126,000
    10 Mk 1 Amplifier
    10 Mk 1 Capacitor
    20 Mk 2 Thermal Exchange Unit
    10 Mk 2 Variable Resistor

6B to 6A
    Credits 276000
    30 Mk 1 Capacitor
    10 Mk 2 Pulse Modulator
    20 Mk 2 Variable Resistor
    15 Mk 2 Microprocessor

Note:
    All the MK1 slicing materials and the MK2 Pulse Modulator are those needed to go from 5A to 6E
    The other MK2 pieces are the new slicing materials

Edit: Adding GC rewards
    Completion
    T5
    7 Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module
    T6
    6 Mk 2 Thermal Exchange Unit
    4 Mk 2 Variable Resistor
    T7
    2 Mk 2 Microprocessor

Feat Full Jedi Squad
    T4
    4 Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module
    T5
    8 Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module
    T6
    8 Mk 2 Thermal Exchange Unit
    3 Mk 2 Variable Resistor
    T7
    6 Mk 2 Variable Resistor
    4 Mk 2 Microprocessor
    Post edited by scuba on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Leland wrote: »
    Of all the areas of the game that need improvement this was very far down the list. I was actually satisfied with mods. Now adding another thing to farm when the farm grind is already seemingly impossible uphill battle. I have played almost every day for years, I could never imagine a new player joining and trying to compete. Fix the obvious issues not the things that aren’t broken.

There was no way to farm anything that was going to make LSTB finishable, there has been something "around the corner" since that was introduced. It had to be this or something related to relics, or both/more, but there was always another farm coming.

It wasn't broken, but this is necessary.

Also, nee players compete with new players, so they are all in a similar boat as each other, new farms dont change that.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    6E to 6D
    Credits 36000

6C to 6D
    Credits 72000
    5 Mk 1 Amplifier
    5 Mk 1 Capacitor
    10 Mk 2 Thermal Exchange Unit

6C to 6B
    Credits 126,000
    10 Mk 1 Amplifier
    10 Mk 1 Capacitor
    10 Mk 2 Variable Resistor

6B to 6A
    Credits 276000
    30 Mk 1 Capacitor
    10 Mk 2 Pulse Modulator
    20 Mk 2 Variable Resistor
    15 Mk 2 Microprocessor

Note:
    All the MK1 slicing materials and the MK2 Pulse Modulator are those needed to go from 5A to 6E
    The other MK2 pieces are the new slicing materials

Edit: Adding GC rewards
    Completion
    T5
    7 Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module
    T6
    4 Mk 2 Variable Resistor
    T7
    2 Mk 2 Microprocessor

Feat Full Jedi Squad
    T4
    4 Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module
    T5
    8 Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module
    T6
    8 Mk 2 Thermal Exchange Unit
    3 Mk 2 Variable Resistor
    T7
    6 Mk 2 Variable Resistor
    4 Mk 2 Microprocessor

Thanks for all the work on this @scuba

It’s as I predicted, we are getting a tiny amount of mats per GC, couple this with GC’s being once a week means that it will take forever to get mats to make a difference. Queue the mod packs!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jac_Vindal wrote: »
    Will the values of secondary stats increase proportionally to include the fractional increase they receive when converting from 5A to 6E? Example offense% gets a ~3x multiplier converting from 5A to 6E. That multiplier will have to be factored in when increasing from 6E to 6D etc.. (Offense% + upgrade) x 3 is not equal to (Offense%) x 3 + upgrade. Maybe this was mentioned and I missed it.

From my understanding there is no difference in the added values from 5E-5A and the added values from 6E-6A.

The jump from 5A to 6E is an isolated step and we see the final value on the mod. After that slicing will be what it normally is, and just add to that value when a secondary hits.

I really hope you are wrong this time and the mods will go from 6E to 6A with the normal upgrade +the % from going to 6E,otherwise it will be a mess in my opinion,because then everybody has to shift the focuse from mods that did 3-4-5 bumps in speed previous to 6e,like a mod that did 4-5 times a off % but has a speed that did not get bumped and after taking it to 6e-d etc will proc just speed.It will throw most good mods to a mediocre place and we will see mods that are at 6a with big discrepancy between them for no good reasone.
  • Options
    8pvlu3fw7afj.jpg
  • Options
    Which 6 dot mod should we slice first ?
  • Options
    I did a random one that already had 5 speeds and wanted to see if it procs off % to see if the increase is with the % from getting to 6e,and it is,so my best guess the ones that have a 3-4 speed bumps already and have good secondarys aswell like %off,%def etc
  • Options
    Interesting. So slicing first time I chose a mod with a higher offense% secondary and decent speed. It looks like this bump surpassed the previous "maximum" bump by almost double, .93% to be exact.

Before-
    psjvekolghtl.jpg

After-
    lmv9l0qaby3s.jpg

List of possible max jumps here
    a6b5fonwt2dz.png
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    O wow! That changes things.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    O wow! That changes things.

Sure does )
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Failed to take ****, but got a %2.52 bump on protection.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    More packs!!!

d4xu7n3bvvl2.jpg
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    This people enjoy Vegas, enjoy gambling. Enough gamblin', put 10x the prices but create a recipe for each position 1 to 4.... and you´ll know what you're going to level up. First try now, absolute FAILURE.
    Disappointing. Very disappointing.

It seems that your success on this game it's not based on your skill or your resource management. It's based in (on?) pure luck.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    GJO wrote: »
    This people enjoy Vegas, enjoy gambling. Enough gamblin', put 10x the prices but create a recipe for each position 1 to 4.... and you´ll know what you're going to level up. First try now, absolute FAILURE.

It seems that your success on this game it's not based on your skill or your resource management. It's based in (on?) pure luck.

On credit card 🤑🤑
  • Options
    GJO wrote: »

Huh, no idea who you are addressing. No idea what you are talking about rest of the post either. What luck?