6-A Mods Discussion

Replies

• Options
    @Kyno
    Also, [new] players compete with new players, so they are all in a similar boat as each other, new farms dont change that.

They are all in a similar boat, but it's not true that they exclusively compete against new players. In fact, the majority of competition for new players is vs. the AI. Raids, daily challenges, galactic challenges, TBs, Assault Battles, etc add up to more than the amount of PvP by quite a lot. And while new players have a prayer of conquering, say, Galactic War, a new player has no hope of making a meaningful contribution to, say, Geo TB (dark or light) for years, and by the time they're making a meaningful contribution to Geo TB, the game will be offering shiny new toys exclusive to some other content we haven't seen yet and today's new players will thus still be prevented from playing (or at least from meaningfully playing - deploying in TB contributes to the goal but isn't what I would call "playing") featured content essentially forever.

SWGOH is in a phase of development where anyone joining the game must make piece with the fact that they will never be able to play featured content. This is true even for reasonably "big" spenders.

For instance, if I purchased Civ6 - the latest version - when it was brand new, and purchased both of the big gameplay expansions when they were brand new, but not every "new faction" release, I'd spend about $200 and have access to whatever features the Civ team was hyping from the moment I purchased the content.

If I created a new account today, bought the hyperdrive bundle, spent $120 on the packs for 3PAC, MM, & Piett (the latest, hottest characters for which there are packs), I still wouldn't have a single character eligible to join a rancor raid, much less a single team able to win a single wave of DS or LS Geo TB. There's simply no access to featured content available to anyone who joins today and spends an amount of money comparable to other games.

In 2 years they might have access to today's featured content, but they'll still be miles behind what they need to access whatever is the featured content then.

New players don't need a way to catch up to older players to win in arena. But if there isn't a way to catch up to older players then any advertising or hype about what's available in SWGOH for them to do is just FeS2.
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Options
    You have to be "patient" how long will it take to have an arena squad with full 6A mods when you will earn 1 slice per week ...
    4 slice per mods x 6 mods per toons x 5 toons = only 120 weeks (2 years and 4 months) ...
    Without counting the other farming to get 6 dot mods of course ...
    This is the pattern for players...
    Or, you can buy packs ...
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, this is what it will take to have 1 full squad with 6 A Mods ... And just to slice it from 6E to 6A .. presuming 1 GC per week ...
    4 slice per mods x 6 mods per toon x 5 toons = 120 weeks = 2 years and 4 months ...
    Or you can buy packs that will be very soon available.. don't expect a reasonable price for a 2 years farm ...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    120 mods is a ton of mods to get 4 more chances on to hit speed again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno
    Also, [new] players compete with new players, so they are all in a similar boat as each other, new farms dont change that.

They are all in a similar boat, but it's not true that they exclusively compete against new players. In fact, the majority of competition for new players is vs. the AI. Raids, daily challenges, galactic challenges, TBs, Assault Battles, etc add up to more than the amount of PvP by quite a lot. And while new players have a prayer of conquering, say, Galactic War, a new player has no hope of making a meaningful contribution to, say, Geo TB (dark or light) for years, and by the time they're making a meaningful contribution to Geo TB, the game will be offering shiny new toys exclusive to some other content we haven't seen yet and today's new players will thus still be prevented from playing (or at least from meaningfully playing - deploying in TB contributes to the goal but isn't what I would call "playing") featured content essentially forever.

SWGOH is in a phase of development where anyone joining the game must make piece with the fact that they will never be able to play featured content. This is true even for reasonably "big" spenders.

For instance, if I purchased Civ6 - the latest version - when it was brand new, and purchased both of the big gameplay expansions when they were brand new, but not every "new faction" release, I'd spend about $200 and have access to whatever features the Civ team was hyping from the moment I purchased the content.

If I created a new account today, bought the hyperdrive bundle, spent $120 on the packs for 3PAC, MM, & Piett (the latest, hottest characters for which there are packs), I still wouldn't have a single character eligible to join a rancor raid, much less a single team able to win a single wave of DS or LS Geo TB. There's simply no access to featured content available to anyone who joins today and spends an amount of money comparable to other games.

In 2 years they might have access to today's featured content, but they'll still be miles behind what they need to access whatever is the featured content then.

New players don't need a way to catch up to older players to win in arena. But if there isn't a way to catch up to older players then any advertising or hype about what's available in SWGOH for them to do is just FeS2.

They are not competing with anyone but themselves when it comes to most PvE.

The others are guild based and yes they can choose to be in a guild that is above them but that is their choice.

So yes they are all in a similar boat. They dont need to catch up to an end game players location in PvE, they will get there. They will also get there faster and with less fluff than older players did at the time they were released and where they are now.

So getting there with less fluff means they do it with less investment which is investment they can put into more useful places, or it just means they are getting there faster.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

MaruMaru wrote: »
    Failed to take ****, but got a %2.52 bump on protection.

What were you trying to take? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Couldn't give us just one more slicing mat? Party poopers! :p

07eqbc2v0ise.png
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Failed to take ****, but got a %2.52 bump on protection.

What were you trying to take? :D

(S)creen(S)hot xD
  • Options
    Interesting. So slicing first time I chose a mod with a higher offense% secondary and decent speed. It looks like this bump surpassed the previous "maximum" bump by almost double, .93% to be exact.

Before-
    psjvekolghtl.jpg

After-
    lmv9l0qaby3s.jpg

List of possible max jumps here
    a6b5fonwt2dz.png

This is interesting because it means mods with 25 speed can hit in offense for the bigger bumps at tier 6.

So either mods with 25 speed at 5a will remain the best because they can have more offense % with tier 6 upgrades than if it hits speed on tier 6... Unless hitting speed on tier 6 gives more than the previous speed max of 6... That would be a game changer because it makes a new super speed mod (one that only hits speed during tier 6)
  • Options
    Interesting. So slicing first time I chose a mod with a higher offense% secondary and decent speed. It looks like this bump surpassed the previous "maximum" bump by almost double, .93% to be exact.

Before-
    psjvekolghtl.jpg

After-
    lmv9l0qaby3s.jpg

a6b5fonwt2dz.png

This is interesting because it means mods with 25 speed can hit in offense for the bigger bumps at tier 6.

So either mods with 25 speed at 5a will remain the best because they can have more offense % with tier 6 upgrades than if it hits speed on tier 6... Unless hitting speed on tier 6 gives more than the previous speed max of 6... That would be a game changer because it makes a new super speed mod (one that only hits speed during tier 6)

Is the same thing,if you get off % before taking a mod to 6e it will give you the 202% once you got it to 6e,if you slice it after 6e the game will give you a normal off% bump but it has already factored the bonus from 6e, so as an example a 0.4% bump in off% before 6e it is the same thing as a bump of 1.2% after 6e.
    Also i see player thinking if they have a mod with 5 stats boosts in let's say speed they think getting a bump in off% will be higher then before because there are just 3 stats left to bump which is also not true,the chances to get a stat remains the same,yes you get a 33% chance that a stat will proc insted of 25%,but also the rest of the stats have a 33% insted of 25%.
    The 1 mat apart from a second slice i think was intentional,so we have enough mats to slice a mod and form an ideea about the sliceing,but without the chance to do more then a mistake and consuming mats on a not ideal mod
  • Options

Before-
    psjvekolghtl.jpg

After-
    lmv9l0qaby3s.jpg

a6b5fonwt2dz.png

Is the same thing,if you get off % before taking a mod to 6e it will give you the 202% once you got it to 6e,if you slice it after 6e the game will give you a normal off% bump but it has already factored the bonus from 6e, so as an example a 0.4% bump in off% before 6e it is the same thing as a bump of 1.2% after 6e.
    Also i see player thinking if they have a mod with 5 stats boosts in let's say speed they think getting a bump in off% will be higher then before because there are just 3 stats left to bump which is also not true,the chances to get a stat remains the same,yes you get a 33% chance that a stat will proc insted of 25%,but also the rest of the stats have a 33% insted of 25%.
    The 1 mat apart from a second slice i think was intentional,so we have enough mats to slice a mod and form an ideea about the sliceing,but without the chance to do more then a mistake and consuming mats on a not ideal mod

Aha, very important pointer. So possible bump thresholds didn't actually change, they just got expanded by the 5a-6e bump. This means it won't matter how a 6a mod got there and when it got those bumps, right?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @MetaThumper I was told that the chart you reference there is not accurate. The hit you have is within the "normal range".
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @MetaThumper I was told that the chart you reference there is not accurate. The hit you have is within the "normal range".

Is it within the normal range of what we previously had? That doesn't sound likely. Anyway @Culegatorul 's explanation accounts for the new normal range that starts from 6e due to 5a-6e bump expanding the thresholds.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if these new tiers affect Fleet ships speed in anyway? My concern has been my maxed out Negotiator falling behind in speed if these new tiers bump them up further.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TheExiled wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these new tiers affect Fleet ships speed in anyway? My concern has been my maxed out Negotiator falling behind in speed if these new tiers bump them up further.

No they do not effect ship speed
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Is it within the normal range of what we previously had? That doesn't sound likely. Anyway Culegatorul 's explanation accounts for the new normal range that starts from 6e due to 5a-6e bump expanding the thresholds.

Yeah the player I was talking to said the same as that explanation.

• Options

That's a relief. This was the 1 thing worrying me given fleet is my no.1 source for crystals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

That's a relief. This was the 1 thing worrying me given fleet is my no.1 source for crystals.

Not that we need more grinds but I would love to have more ways to customize fleet battles.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Not that we need more grinds but I would love to have more ways to customize fleet battles.

Fleets need this badly more grind or not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Do not touch fleets at all in any way. It is the only thing allowing me to play this game.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Thanks a bunch for that @Kyno
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Thanks a bunch for that Kyno

Being told that may have rounding error and 7 may not be possible. FYI
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Careful what you wish for.

I'm glad they didn't use charater mods to further change ship stats. That wouldn't work well with the unpiloted ships.

But you're likely to see ship mods if you get your way and that may not be what you're wanting.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Careful what you wish for.

I'm glad they didn't use charater mods to further change ship stats. That wouldn't work well with the unpiloted ships.

But you're likely to see ship mods if you get your way and that may not be what you're wanting.

I do want ship mods, one of the reasons is as you mention crewless ships.

We will probably see the next 2 levels of relics first or 7* character mods

Mods is one of the reasons players can come up with many different counters for teams.

Before it was simply rng who goes first
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Options

This will likely be corrected, there is no 7 max on speed

Edit to remove image, website has been updated
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

I also saw someone hit a 3.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Upgrading a 5* mod to 6* gives you a one-time +1 speed bump on secondaries, which might be what that chart is trying to show (though in a bad way). Slicing a 6* speed secondary almost certainly has the same range as a 5* speed secondary, 3-6.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

This is what I suspected was possible with speed after seeing the larger bumps for offense and other stars in tier 6.

When will this be changed? before people start leveling more mods and hitting 7 speed secondary bumps in tier 6... Hopefully otherwise it gives the 1st batch of players to have an advantage over everyone else if cg changes this in a month or two that's worse than leaving it broken. I mean if I hit 7 speed I surely wouldn't post it just keep quiet is the best individual approach. If they change it later then I have a permanent advantage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This is what I suspected was possible with speed after seeing the larger bumps for offense and other stars in tier 6.

When will this be changed? before people start leveling more mods and hitting 7 speed secondary bumps in tier 6... Hopefully otherwise it gives the 1st batch of players to have an advantage over everyone else if cg changes this in a month or two that's worse than leaving it broken. I mean if I hit 7 speed I surely wouldn't post it just keep quiet is the best individual approach. If they change it later then I have a permanent advantage.

You misunderstood, the website will be changed. There is no upgrade of 7.