36606 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    @Kyno

Hi.

Just wanted to try tagging you too.

Quality contribution - as ever.

There was an on-topic point but because you just want to attack me, you didn't think about what it might be.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_TopHat @CG_RyDiggs @CG_MindTricks @Kyno @Shiryu

Ok.

If SEE isn't going to get a buff, can you pleaae at least fix the mechanic that allows SEE to be soloed? That's downright shameful. You should be disgusted with this product you put out and refuse to fix.

SEE damage remains below-legendary level and he's useless in 90% of the game, and really should get a buff, but yall are right, he's great in Arena, so if your intention is only for him to be used in Arena, he shouldn't get a buff.

BUT FIX LiNK AND HIS SOLOaBiLITY
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    so maybe he doesn't need a buff

but maybe another 133 pages will change cg's mind

HEY!!! CG has stated they are monitoring the situation...lol

You’re right no change is coming, much better that SEE + Wat duo beats full Sith SEE squad. Obviously. Makes all the sense in the world. Kit is perfect.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

You’re right no change is coming, much better that SEE + Wat duo beats full Sith SEE squad. Obviously. Makes all the sense in the world. Kit is perfect.

I made no judgment on the kit.

I'm just wondering when you all will figure out that another 10 pages will make no difference either way.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

I'm just wondering when you all will figure out that another 10 pages will make no difference either way.

Gosh I didn’t realize you made no posts in here...lol
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Gosh I didn’t realize you made no posts in here...lol

find the posts where i tried to convince cg of something for the 10,000th time
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Numerous authors, numerous changing data, numerous metrics explain away your false equivalency.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Numerous authors, numerous changing data, numerous metrics explain away your false equivalency.

Fair point for like 10 pages maybe.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    In your estimation. There’s new data for Kyno just a couple pages ago.

I don’t believe anything we do here moves the needle with the devs, so I see your point, but your post just doesn’t help either. Bloats the thread even further. As does this explanation post.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Let's stop bickering please and stay on topic
  • Options

SEE is more efficient with wat only than his faction.

Broken kit
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options
    Devian wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    Meanwhile
    https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/1/
    SE with some sitthy characters can easily climb through all JKRevans
    and basically he is NS 2.0
    And just by analizing my own arena, many new players starts unlocking him for a fresh climbing

12% SEE after 3 months during a jedi meta is supposed to be encouraging? Just imagine how well he will do when the next set of GLs (who I presume wont be jedi) are released in another 3 months :)
    Yes, Just 3 month and already better then Rey and Kylo when they were released with 3+ month notice.
    Then, the cheapest GL there is which can deal with any Revan-teams, just by mixing any trash sith there is.
    Some noname who've never seen top50 climb top1 today with mix of r3,r1 and t12 sith dealing with r8 like paper.
    Totally like NS meta when Talzin came out.

Maybe by the time CG release a couple of new Gls SEE will reach the numbers of old Gls in top 100, but due due current numbers it won't happen too soon ).
    3v88lf93qjx4.png
    e50ag6nhjss2.png
    8oouxb3sydww.png
    76lv0hsk4glh.png
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_TopHat

If you aren't going to fix see, then please refund all the gear for the too s I geared up for this garbage and the event tickets. Feel free to inactivate see as well.

That way I can put those resources into a GL that is actually on par with the others.

Either way, the community deserves an answer now (not in several months).
  • Options

If you aren't going to fix see, then please refund all the gear for the too s I geared up for this garbage and the event tickets. Feel free to inactivate see as well.

That way I can put those resources into a GL that is actually on par with the others.

Indeed, if CG has no problem with SEE like it is, refund gear and zeta looks like a good solution.
    If it work as intended, so CG don't have to be afraid lot's of people choose this option.

Moreover, it was the last time i geared requirements for a GL before multiple tests of it.
    This mechanic of announcing requirements weeks after weeks is a trap.
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Guiboudou wrote: »

Indeed, if CG has no problem with SEE like it is, refund gear and zeta looks like a good solution.
    If it work as intended, so CG don't have to be afraid lot's of people choose this option.

Moreover, it was the last time i geared requirements for a GL before multiple tests of it.

That’s obviously never gonna be an option 😂

Just use him with Wat, beats Rey, SEE and JML without bast lead
  • Options
    LeeB wrote: »

It is what is warranted. They lied and said he was equal. He clearly isn't.

But why be afraid of that. If he's so great you can just re gear everything and reunlock him.

If I'm wrong no one but me should want to use those resources elsewhere.

And I'll elaborate on the timeline. They announced the first set of requirements for jml and see back in September. At that time they promised they would be on par.

His kit wasn't revealed until a month later after you pretty much had to have started gearing the requirements. Even then things like him hitting like a wet noodle don't become apparent until you actually unlock him.

So they either need to fix this or refund the gear. And explain why their on par statement isn't a lie.

• Options

But why be afraid of that. If he's so great you can just re gear everything and reunlock him.

And I'll elaborate on the timeline. They announced the first set of requirements for jml and see back in September. At that time they promised they would be on par.

His kit wasn't revealed until a month later after you pretty much had to have started gearing the requirements. Even then things like him hitting like a wet noodle don't become apparent until you actually unlock him.

So they either need to fix this or refund the gear. And explain why their on par statement isn't a lie.

I think CG said the new GLs would be of comparable or similar power - quite vague and plenty of wiggle room there. JML is absolutely killing it in my arena shard and I'd imagine that's good enough for some people especially if they already have Kylo.

What is unsatisfactory is A) the lack of clear communication from CG - that's why this thread has just run and run and B) whether JML or SEE, surely they should have more utility than squad arena and their respective TBs.
  • Options

I think CG said the new GLs would be of comparable or similar power - quite vague and plenty of wiggle room there. JML is absolutely killing it in my arena shard and I'd imagine that's good enough for some people especially if they already have Kylo.

What is unsatisfactory is A) the lack of clear communication from CG - that's why this thread has just run and run and B) whether JML or SEE, surely they should have more utility than squad arena and their respective TBs.

Comparable or on par. That is semantics. See isn't even close to a similar power level.
  • Options

Comparable or on par. That is semantics. See isn't even close to a similar power level.

I’m a more recent owner of ultimate see, but my main gripe about him is that he has more synergy + efficiency with wat only than a full sith team.

I don’t really think he’s underpowered, I mean I never ever use him with sith though; I did a few times and all they do is get nuked and/or allow other gls to gain their ult more quickly.
    Do we think he is under powered because of the immense amount of reliable ftp counters for him?
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options

I’m a more recent owner of ultimate see, but my main gripe about him is that he has more synergy + efficiency with wat only than a full sith team.

I don’t really think he’s underpowered, I mean I never ever use him with sith though; I did a few times and all they do is get nuked and/or allow other gls to gain their ult more quickly.
    Do we think he is under powered because of the immense amount of reliable ftp counters for him?

He has actually too many limitations in his kit, his damage output is low against non-jedi toons, his synergy with siths is awful, he provides zero support for them, just compared with Drevan lead (2-year-old leader)
  • Options

I'm not going to retype all the issues with see. They are all already in this thread
  • Options
    Shiryu wrote: »
    Decado wrote: »
    HeyOcean wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNjCra_E3jc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R38KoKLeavM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUe387RUaj4
    What a view B)
    That's is SEE best team comp in action to beat almost* anything but SLKR.
    Wanted to share so people who haven't seen it could see this for reference.

Once again. Thats rey with jedi.
    If rey adds in the scoundrel bros (han and chewie) wat will be dead before tank tech.
    Alternatively Rey with full resistance would crap all over SEE. JTR would stop all protection regain with the undispelable healblock.

If anything this just proves the point that SEE link is a flawed ability.

These numbers do not apply to arena viability, where as far as I know Rey is generally bad against SLKR and probably JML without using Jedi?

Looking at the last GAC seasons stats (specifically 99% of the teams, ignoring the outliers because that takes you from one and a half pages of teams to 83 pages of teams) and there were 77631 Reys on defense, of which none used Han and 13367 (17.2%) used JTR. If you can beat 82% of the standard defensive Rey teams with just SEE/Wat thats still a highly effective team to use. This may change as information on SEE/Wat being able to do this spreads of course.

Its also not just Rey/Jedi that this works on. I have beaten Rey/RH Bros/Han/Chewy with it, though of course its 50/50 on whether Wat or SEE gets shot at the start.
    7q8ceogejkwc.png
    chmynr8mvuk0.png
    Looks like it beats the 'standard' (21546 out of the 77631 defensive teams used this lineup) Resistance defense team pretty easily. No reason it shouldnt beat everything else that doesnt bring JTR or Han and honestly thats great if there is something that can be done to stop this **** duo with Wat nonsense both using and against SEE.

In TW at a higher level Rey normally isn't set without JTR. Its to help stomp the vader counter.
    In every single GAC I've been in that the opponent has set Rey... its ALWAYS with JTR as an assist.

This SEE duo is basicly arena only. Helpful, but for where it matters most (TW/GAC) only marginally useful.

That’s not true. The JTR version can’t be autoed, but I beat Rey/Heros/JTR+1 100% reliably. Just because some people who doesn’t know how to mod SEE or play the battle losing to JTR version only shows the battle can’t be autoed like some of the other combo. Lol

• dgree
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Most of the power imbalance was figured out right after SEE was released. The main weaknesses are outlined in my signature. The rest is CG "looking into" whether or not, or how much, they can get away with not addressing their misrepresentations--and people who want SEE to be weak pretending that the issues SEE has are normal and that the gimmicks make up for his weaknesses.

But anyone, CG included, can do fairly simple math to see that SEE's mastery gain is just pretty bad and his damage is subpar. You can see that his damage gain is relatively low, his base defense pen is low, his attack multiplier is low, and he has to get to his ult (basically under his own modest lead) to do so.
  • Options

I think more recent owners are generally happier as because it exceeds our expectation after all the negative talks, also there is more theorycraft on him done overtime so we know how to use it better. The players who rush to get him earlier were more disappointed because they were expecting better, and the sentiment carried over today. I agree SEE is a relatively weaker GL compared with other so I would still get it last if we I have a do-over. But it is hard to get SEE a buff without changing the balance since we now have 4 GLs to balance. It is much easier to buff SLKR when CG can easily buff him against gas cheese but not changing much on Rey.

Having for 4 GLs now, I would pursue SLKR, Rey, JML, SEE in that order if I get a do-over. So I am sympathetic on players who spent their resources to get SEE as their first GLs. But in my view, once you have all of them, SEE is a nice additions to the GL collection. Whether SEE receives a buff or not will just change how the GLs rank among themself. It is on par with other GLs now.

• Options
    sloweagle wrote: »

I think more recent owners are generally happier as because it exceeds our expectation after all the negative talks, also there is more theorycraft on him done overtime so we know how to use it better. The players who rush to get him earlier were more disappointed because they were expecting better, and the sentiment carried over today. I agree SEE is a relatively weaker GL compared with other so I would still get it last if we I have a do-over. But it is hard to get SEE a buff without changing the balance since we now have 4 GLs to balance. It is much easier to buff SLKR when CG can easily buff him against gas cheese but not changing much on Rey.

Having for 4 GLs now, I would pursue SLKR, Rey, JML, SEE in that order if I get a do-over. So I am sympathetic on players who spent their resources to get SEE as their first GLs. But in my view, once you have all of them, SEE is a nice additions to the GL collection. Whether SEE receives a buff or not will just change how the GLs rank among themself. It is on par with other GLs now.

Ok if it's too hard to buff see and maintain balance, then they can just refund the gear for his requirements since they lied about how good he would be.

Problem solved.

Those that still think he's good can reapply it to him.

Those that don't can apply the gear to an actual gl.
  • Options
    SEE leads all GLs in percentage of unlocks that wind up leading Rank 1 and Top 10 arena teams, so he is definitely utter useless trash
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    SEE leads all GLs in percentage of unlocks that wind up leading Rank 1 and Top 10 arena teams, so he is definitely utter useless trash

But, it's because theres lots more JMLs, and the only thing at all that SEE is good for (and does very well) is kill JML in Arena.
  • Options
    Decado wrote: »
    HeyOcean wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNjCra_E3jc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R38KoKLeavM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUe387RUaj4
    What a view B)
    That's is SEE best team comp in action to beat almost* anything but SLKR.
    Wanted to share so people who haven't seen it could see this for reference.

Once again. Thats rey with jedi.
    If rey adds in the scoundrel bros (han and chewie) wat will be dead before tank tech.
    Alternatively Rey with full resistance would crap all over SEE. JTR would stop all protection regain with the undispelable healblock.

If anything this just proves the point that SEE link is a flawed ability.

These numbers do not apply to arena viability, where as far as I know Rey is generally bad against SLKR and probably JML without using Jedi?

Looking at the last GAC seasons stats (specifically 99% of the teams, ignoring the outliers because that takes you from one and a half pages of teams to 83 pages of teams) and there were 77631 Reys on defense, of which none used Han and 13367 (17.2%) used JTR. If you can beat 82% of the standard defensive Rey teams with just SEE/Wat thats still a highly effective team to use. This may change as information on SEE/Wat being able to do this spreads of course.

Its also not just Rey/Jedi that this works on. I have beaten Rey/RH Bros/Han/Chewy with it, though of course its 50/50 on whether Wat or SEE gets shot at the start.
    7q8ceogejkwc.png
    chmynr8mvuk0.png
    Looks like it beats the 'standard' (21546 out of the 77631 defensive teams used this lineup) Resistance defense team pretty easily. No reason it shouldnt beat everything else that doesnt bring JTR or Han and honestly thats great if there is something that can be done to stop this **** duo with Wat nonsense both using and against SEE.

In TW at a higher level Rey normally isn't set without JTR. Its to help stomp the vader counter.
    In every single GAC I've been in that the opponent has set Rey... its ALWAYS with JTR as an assist.

This SEE duo is basicly arena only. Helpful, but for where it matters most (TW/GAC) only marginally useful.

That’s not true. The JTR version can’t be autoed, but I beat Rey/Heros/JTR+1 100% reliably. Just because some people who doesn’t know how to mod SEE or play the battle losing to JTR version only shows the battle can’t be autoed like some of the other combo. Lol

Let’s not throw around the “don’t know how to mod” argument. You said yourself you don’t need god tier mods to be effective. You and Shiryu even have the same sets he just favored damage over health on his primaries. I do appreciate and understand the nuances of different primaries, but his roster shows he’s more that adept at modding.
  • Options

This is speculation but I think theres something to it. Perhaps not how we think but SEE’s kit does suggest he might have been held back for balancing purposes (preventing revives, no GL insta kill, no reduced damage for GLs). I’ve wondered if there was difficulty balancing SEE from inception.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options

No, JML actually leads according to swgoh gg
This discussion has been closed.