Kit Reveal: Moff Gideon

Prev134
CG_SBCrumb_MINI
659 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 2020
[ Developer Insight - Kit Reveal ]

wnu0yais2c4s.jpg


UNIT NAME: Moff Gideon
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Leader
Empire Leader that can lead a fireteam into battle and punish enemies with the Leader tag

ABILITIES:

Basic: DISRUPTIVE SHOT

zkiablnm4xl4.gif


FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain 1 stack of Insight, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. If Moff Gideon has at least 4 stacks of Insight, he gains the Special ability Subversive Volley. Insight stacks last until the end of the encounter.

Insight: At 4 or more stacks, gain the Special ability Subversive Volley

Granted Ability: SUBVERSIVE VOLLEY (No cooldown, Requires 4 stacks of Insight)

9yql0vvcybss.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. This Daze can't be resisted by enemies with the Leader tag. Moff Gideon loses all stacks of Insight and this ability is removed.

Special 1: DARKSABER LUNGE (Cooldown 4)

3n0ximx0nv7v.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred for the rest of the battle.

Special 2: (ZETA) CONTROL THE SITUATION (Cooldown 6)

hcebglvfy61v.gif

FINAL TEXT: Call all Imperial Trooper allies to assist, dealing 30% less damage. All units lose 100% Turn Meter, which can't be resisted. Then, allies gain 25% Turn Meter. Tank allies Taunt for 2 turns, Attacker allies gain 50% Offense for 2 turns, and Support allies gain 100% Protection Up.

Leader: (ZETA)TACTICAL DEPLOYMENT

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if Moff Gideon has exactly one Dark Side Tank ally, two Dark Side Attacker allies, and one additional Dark Side Support ally, all Dark Side allies gain 30% Max Health and Max Protection. If all allies are also Imperial Troopers:
  • Whenever an enemy with the Leader tag uses an ability, Imperial Trooper allies gain 10% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter
  • Whenever an enemy with the Leader tag takes a turn, Moff Gideon gains 1 stack of Insight
  • Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter

Unique 1: KNOW YOUR ADVERSARIES

FINAL TEXT: At the start of Moff Gideon's first turn of each encounter, he inflicts Demoralized on all enemies (excludes raid bosses) until they are defeated, Moff Gideon is defeated, or the end of the encounter. Demoralized can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

Demoralized: -50% Offense, -25% Critical Chance, -25% Critical Damage; does not stack with other debuffs
Post edited by CG_Doja_Fett_MINI on

Replies

  • Phew, his second special looks good!
    Glad I finished my DT farm in the double drops lol
  • Ultra
    7709 posts Moderator
    Moff's anti-leader tag works against JML Jedi Lineup so effectively. All meta teams have at least 3 toons with leader tags (SEE, Darth Revan, Darth Vader, Traya / JML, JKL, GAS / Rey + Jedi etc)

    And demoralized being a unique is amazing on its own. I can see this toon take out multiple GLs without requiring one
  • fun
  • -50% Offense. Cannot be resisted or dispelled.
  • Ultra
    7709 posts Moderator
    -50% Offense. Cannot be resisted or dispelled.

    Was about to say, Rey + Vandor Chewie + Gideon lmao
  • So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?
  • Really not looking forward to fighting against this on defense.
  • Someone explain to me why this is not a legendary. Well, I guess this is taking my trooopers from grievous level good to GAS level good lmao
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?

    Magma trooper and his tm reduction seems like a nice attacker.


    The problem is that then leaves veers,starck,pimp,snow or death, and storm trooper as your b trooper squad
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?

    The 30% Hp/prot is not worth using a tank.
  • HK22
    615 posts Member
    I'm thinking you could make an anti-BH team with Gideon, Snow, Starck, Storm, and Magma while keeping Veers, Piett, Death, Shore, and Range as a general all offensive team. A fast enough Piett can get the buff tm train going for Veers
  • CUFCfan
    32 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    With the revive now a thing for Imps, will that trigger Stormtrooper's zeta if an Imp ally dies and revives?
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?

    The 30% Hp/prot is not worth using a tank.

    Interesting point. I was kind of bummed for not being able to bring piet and veers, since veer's turn meter gain is on his unique it might be worth dropping a tank for unyielding damage.
  • It seems a very interesting plug and play support. Noit having any imp geared up and looking forward to use it anyway !
  • Vendi1983
    4673 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?

    The 30% Hp/prot is not worth using a tank.

    Interesting point. I was kind of bummed for not being able to bring piet and veers, since veer's turn meter gain is on his unique it might be worth dropping a tank for unyielding damage.

    @mesa176750 @slickdealer You need a DS tank to get the 30% bonus though...

    FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if Moff Gideon has exactly one Dark Side Tank ally, two Dark Side Attacker allies, and one additional Dark Side Support ally, all Dark Side allies gain 30% Max Health and Max Protection. If all allies are Imperial Troopers:
  • DarthTriumvirate
    80 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Special 1: DARKSABER LUNGE (Cooldown 4)

    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred for the rest of the battle.

    So this kit looks absolutely nuts, but I just would like to know, why is that extra clause in there? Armor Shred has always been permanent whether or not it's stated in the kit description, although it does drop each encounter as opposed to each battle, but that doesn't seem like it would ever be relevant unless we get Gideon as a PvE enemy in a multi-encounter setting, such as TB or a raid.

    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • It looks like he will work with stormtrooper, magmatrooper, death trooper and krennic
  • Does Demoralised's -50% Offense, -25% Critical Chance, -25% Critical Damage stat debuff effect enemy Galactic Legends? It'd be good to get an official statement from the Devs on this interaction
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • Ultra
    7709 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Better kit than SEE
    Its a cool kit but he seems alright.

    I'll have to go back on my earlier statement that he can take out multiple GLs - Troopers can already take out SEE without him

    Remains to be seen if they can push up against JML or not, I wonder how effective he will be in challenge tier rancor raid than anywhere else tbh
  • How does that team include two Death Troopers? What am I missing?
  • Kyno
    30001 posts Moderator
    Does Demoralised's -50% Offense, -25% Critical Chance, -25% Critical Damage stat debuff effect enemy Galactic Legends? It'd be good to get an official statement from the Devs on this interaction

    No need.

    It's a debuff there is nothing stopping it from working on a GL.
  • Kyno
    30001 posts Moderator
    Moroveus wrote: »
    How does that team include two Death Troopers? What am I missing?

    It does. It's not a real team so there is nothing to miss.
  • [*] Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter

    Do each one of these revives count as a “defeat” to trigger the Wall of Stormtroopers zeta?
  • So given he needs 4 IT's to be really effective, is he useless in 3v3 GAC?
Sign In or Register to comment.