The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So CG thinks the gear rewards for this raid are appropriate for the challenge overcome to earn them? They won't change them, fine, whatever. But gear rewards will remain a valid criticism of this raid, imo.

They are aware of the player sentiment on this topic also.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Can someone please tell me why mk10 blastech is a reward for this raid?

The general idea was that more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't.

Yeah but cmon Kyno. G5 gear pieces? Even more drops for tank rewards?

I get not going nuts on the gear but there plenty of gear pieces that have no business being in end game content.

I believe it is a particular box from the raid, but it pulls less than when you get it there.

With relics pieces like that can have some value to players.....

Rank 1 can still pull that gear. The fact it’s even in the prize pool for an end game raid is ridiculous. It should not be in there, nor should tank raid gear be either.

Yes, that is what I'm saying, this was not a prize box made for this raid.

So then they need to alter it. They need to delete the junk gear from the prize boxes for this raid. No need to add more stuff just get rid of the crud rewards they have and let the base G12 gear and kyro’s be the cream of the crop in the pool

Removing some stuff from the box makes the rewards better, as you make pulls from a smaller pool of better stuff.

They are not likely to improve rewards in this way, if they do anything.

Well, they need to because it feels pretty cruddy to get such crap gear for the effort this raid requires.

The focus of the raid is r8 materials. If they did change the rewards they are not likely to do it in that way.

Nowhere they confirmed this narrative you are pushing as if it's a fact.

Please read the release notes on each raid and tell me you cannot tell what the focus is.

It's the raid that introduces a new relic mat. Rest is just your reading into it. Might as well be also cg's, nothing in the announcement clarifies that or gives even a clue rest of the box isn't important.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So CG thinks the gear rewards for this raid are appropriate for the challenge overcome to earn them? They won't change them, fine, whatever. But gear rewards will remain a valid criticism of this raid, imo.

They are aware of the player sentiment on this topic also.

Sure they are, it just seems like they just don’t care. Changing the rewards could happen instantly, no need to beta test a change....just increase the rewards, yet over two months later and nothing has changed.

Dont worry that is in no way true. No things like that cant change instantly, and especially not with any investigation towards changing the play structure.

Increasing the rewards doesnt address all of the players sentient about rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

The general idea was that more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't.

I get not going nuts on the gear but there plenty of gear pieces that have no business being in end game content.

I believe it is a particular box from the raid, but it pulls less than when you get it there.

Rank 1 can still pull that gear. The fact it’s even in the prize pool for an end game raid is ridiculous. It should not be in there, nor should tank raid gear be either.

So then they need to alter it. They need to delete the junk gear from the prize boxes for this raid. No need to add more stuff just get rid of the crud rewards they have and let the base G12 gear and kyro’s be the cream of the crop in the pool

Removing some stuff from the box makes the rewards better, as you make pulls from a smaller pool of better stuff.

Well, they need to because it feels pretty cruddy to get such crap gear for the effort this raid requires.

The focus of the raid is r8 materials. If they did change the rewards they are not likely to do it in that way.

Please read the release notes on each raid and tell me you cannot tell what the focus is.

It's the raid that introduces a new relic mat. Rest is just your reading into it. Might as well be also cg's, nothing in the announcement clarifies that or gives even a clue rest of the box isn't important.

Ok, so you are noting that they do not discuss the other rewards as important, but that's not enough to say those rewards are not important or as important as the ones they are discussing.....

Ok.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Ok, so you are noting that they do not discuss the other rewards as important, but that's not enough to say those rewards are not important or as important as the ones they are discussing.....

Ok.

Relic mats are more important as they are exclusive, there is zero indication rest of the rewards aren't important and why they are unallocated and instead totally random unlike other raids (see the rewards box outcomes from hstr and how you will %100 get a draw out of different portions of the droptable instead of a single pool+rng).
  • commander_paw_212
    315 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @Kyno, I’m not complaining, just genuinely curious, what guild GP is this raid targeted for? Because it seems without the Kylo teams, only the absolute best could complete it
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Kyno, I’m not complaining, just genuinely curious, what guild GP is this raid targeted for?

It shouldn't be targeted at a guild gp unlike tb since gp doesn't help to meet the quotas necessary for the raid. That minimum is dependant on count of gls.
  • Options
    Well yeah, but most of the time, higher GP=better guild
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno, I’m not complaining, just genuinely curious, what guild GP is this raid targeted for?

That is not a set point they really aim to hit, as the base number for a player to have specific teams is one thing, but the odds of having X number of players "at that number" is not realistic.
  • Options
    So just aiming for a stacked roster guild of any GP, makes sense
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well yeah, but most of the time, higher GP=better guild

It depends how you define "better guild". There are guilds that can probably hit better metrics in many game modes with not the highest GP. (Other than TBs)
  • Options
    And for all the complaints this raid gets, some easy-to-get-teams do surprisingly well. Even if Kylo does get nerfed, teams like Padme, Imperial Troopers, Shaak Ti, and Vader are all great. Personally I don’t think Kylo getting nerfed would be a big deal.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    And for all the complaints this raid gets, some easy-to-get-teams do surprisingly well. Even if Kylo does get nerfed, teams like Padme, Imperial Troopers, Shaak Ti, and Vader are all great. Personally I don’t think Kylo getting nerfed would be a big deal.

They are not likely to make anything specific to him, so if they make changes they will likely have some effect on every team, but may preserve the general stance of the group. Meaning the good ones will still be good, but all reduced "proportionally"
  • Options
    Personally I was really surprised with imperial troopers, 10% is crazy!
  • Options
    Personally I was really surprised with imperial troopers, 10% is crazy!

Interesting. What phase is that and squad composition, please? I'm going to guess at Veers, Piett, Starck, Range and DeathTrooper?
  • Options
    Piett, Stark, Veers, Range, Moff Gideon, phases 2&3 operation metaverse has a guide
  • Options
    Piett, Stark, Veers, Range, Moff Gideon, phases 2&3 operation metaverse has a guide

That's grand - thank you.
  • Options
    What is the calculation for raid rewards eligability? And why are some people getting locked out of rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    What is the calculation for raid rewards eligability? And why are some people getting locked out of rewards.

The math on raid launches is 1 every 6 days.

This means roughly 1 a week, but 3 in 2 weeks should be possible, but but you will not be able to do that 2 times in a row, so even that may cause someone to get locked out. So 5 in 4 weeks is possible, but no more, and even that may be pushing it.

Moving guilds can cause people to be locked out, if you stay in a guild and run raids at the max frequency, you dont get locked out.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

So what's the point of doing then any in game activity if it is not to gain a gear and character development advantage?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    WindChoke wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

So what's the point of doing then any in game activity if it is not to gain a gear and character development advantage?

????

That is not what anyone has said here at all, so I'm not sure what your point is.
  • Options
    The gear isn’t amazing, but it’s certainly not bad. Comparable with HSTR. Also keep in mind, this isn’t actually a new raid, just a challenge for end game players, so the expectation of great rewards is misplaced. I’m sure soon enough we will see a new raid. My theory is Exigal/Ben Solo.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    The gear isn’t amazing, but it’s certainly not bad. Comparable with HSTR. Also keep in mind, this isn’t actually a new raid, just a challenge for end game players, so the expectation of great rewards is misplaced. I’m sure soon enough we will see a new raid. My theory is Exigal/Ben Solo.

I love your optimism, but I have doubts about another raid coming, at least not until August. 😉

The gear rewards are so mixed it really comes down to what drops. The juice isn’t really worth the squeeze a little too often.
  • THRAKENSOLO
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Would be really helpful if CG could clarify the rules around raid rewards, and how often someone can participate. We have had people locked out of rewards for 2 weeks now.
    There should be clearly stated rules.
  • Options
    Would be really helpful if CG could clarify the rules around raid rewards, and how often someone can participate. We have had people locked out of rewards for 2 weeks now.
    Don’t merc or guild hop. That clear enough?
  • Options
    Don’t merc or guild hop. That clear enough?

This is true, if you stay the same place, probably won’t be a problem.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    No probably about it. Absolutely cannot get locked out without changing guilds.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Not helpful at all, it seems if you leave a guild after a CPit, and your new guild is on a different schedule. You get screwed over for doing "too many"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not helpful at all, it seems if you leave a guild after a CPit, and your new guild is on a different schedule. You get screwed over for doing "too many"

You cannot get rewards for raids beyond the max you can do while farming naturally.

No you do not really lose out, except on some fraction of the number of raids you could do in a year. If that is important, then stay in 1 guild and this will never happen.