Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    0dysseusK wrote: »
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    2. limiting each guild member to only one team per phase (with retreat)

This makes good sense, except they'd also have to make it so the Rancor can't immediately devour in p2. Giving each player 5 battles for the whole raid, like we used to get per day in lower-tier raids, could work well.

If it were one battle per phase, they could also keep the ramping damage mechanic if it were calculated per player and if a player couldn't use the same squad across multiple phases.

If this is something they want to keep in this mode, it will likely be done in a less direct/permanent way. Even the ramping we see right now, in theory can be developed past. So they would likely keep it in a way that has an eventual "out" vs a hard limit.

Kyno ... is there an update on the raid, or a place where updates can be found easily (I don't have the time to go through 88 pages of forum posts)? Are they planning a change to the raid?

No, there is no update. We have no idea if they are planning on making a change, since they refuse to say anything about it.

Just speaking hypothetically, but...

Examining a raid, deciding whether to make changes, then actually redesigning, testing, doing quality passes and making sure those changes are able to be implemented without breaking the game and still hitting an intended target (and going a step further to make sure that the changes would be final in order to prevent having to come back and reexamine/make changes again) probably takes a bit of time.

CG isn't refusing to say anything. The issue hasn't been ignored. I've provided updates when possible. Just bc they're not the updates you want (which I also understand is frustrating, but I'm not going to make promises prematurely) doesn't mean the studio is refusing to comment on the raid. If/when there is something definitively determined, I will make an announcement stating "there will be no changes at this time" or "changes are being made and here they are".

Again, I understand this is taking longer than any of us would like and the raid has frustrated many people. You're totally entitled to your feels in that regard. But, saying the studio refuses to say anything is simply not true.

Dude you seem like a nice fella. This raid is ridiculous. Bouncing back and forth between discord and the game and flight mode is crazy. I make a mistake and people get bent out of shape cus I leaked a bit of damage. Honestly how did the developers not see this coming??? And then throw kids and family into the mix. It's actually kinda rude the lack of consideration placed into these mechanics they developed.
    Bad idea man!

I get where you're coming from. The Raid wasn't designed to be completed in airplane mode. That work-around quickly became the popular solve once released to players. I mention that to illustrate the point that there was no "rude" intention to the design of the raid, but I also understand the player sentiment surrounding the raid and their reasons for feeling the way they do. The response and sentiment has been heard and hopefully I'll have a more substantial update one way or another soon.

I'm not following. Sorry. So the raid was not intended to be completed by maximizing and coordinating the release of damage? Perheps you could shed some light on how this raid was intended to be completed then? Or how this didn't come up as a solution in testing? Especially since it's a fairly obvious solution.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this "Oh... Okay... wow....we didn't see THAT coming...sheesh." from CG makes me feel better or worse.

Even if we had 10 people doing nothing other than balance testing the raid at 40 hrs per week for two weeks, that's a drop in the bucket compared to it going public and having all the players' time and strategies working to defeat it as quickly and easily as possible.

I'm speaking hypothetically here, as I was not part of the design/QA process for this raid. But, players will always figure out how to do things in game that are more effective than designers anticipate. I get the airplane mode/mass attack method seems obvious, especially now. But maybe it wasn't anticipated at the time of design and testing.

Of course, it's easy to attack this position and say something like, "if they didn't 4see this then they're not gud at their jerbz!" But really I'm speaking in broad terms here, not specifically to this instance. I'm just offering insight to the process and giving examples of things that CAN happen. Not saying it happened in regards to the CT Rancor. I'm more trying to point out that players will almost always be better at figuring out "solutions" for game modes than any QA/testing team. Our designers work diligently and they're a talented bunch. But, nobody bats a thousand against the players.

But two step brought up a good point above me. There was a bug that ramped up the damage per run, not globally. Many want that as the solution. If it was a “bug” but possible to make as the norm, why not revert the “bug” and change that coding so the damage ramps per run which would still prevent overall solos as was the intention and also removes the insane coordination requirements....

thats not what the bug was, it was still global, it just didn't catch all the ramps it should have.

if they are testing solutions to not have it be global they are very likely looking at individual ramps.

If they change it from global to an individual run then paint me ticked pink and satisfied

Agreed, this would be a big step in the right direction. I would guess that SLKR probably ruined any chance of it staying as large as 20%.

I mean that’s fine. Change it to 10% even. It’ll make it so much better because then people can get their runs in on their own time and accord. It takes away the biggest issue of the raid. Now if they also lowered the gear threshold to R3 then that’s all I could feasibly ask for aside from the rewards and G5 pieces in there

There's no reason to lower the R5 requirement. Stick to what matters, the damage threshold issue.

Except to not require such a steep gear investment of relic mats, especially considering the potential of getting G5 rewards. Plus I can say what would make the raid even better, if I please. I know productive conversation sometimes escapes you, but try this time.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Please don't put a "submit score" button at the end of raids. It might benefit the more serious raider or particular raid, but think of the damage it would do. Some people would no longer have a life, caught in an endless loop of trying for a better score. It's not that hard to not submit your score if you don't intend to, people.

1. The phase will be over if you keep trying, so you will lose out on what score you had if you never settle for what you have
    2. You'd be surprised how hard it actually is, a lot of people are unable to exit out or airplane mode in time, causing an entire 50 people guild issues clearing the raid because it was hard for one person, even if unintended
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Can someone please tell me why mk10 blastech is a reward for this raid?

The general idea was that more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

The general idea was that more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't.

Here is a revolutionary idea: how about giving everyone good rewards? Sorry, but saying that they have to give everyone trash because otherwise the divide would be too large is just dumb. Improving the bottom will flatten the rewards just as much as reducing the top.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Here is a revolutionary idea: how about giving everyone good rewards? Sorry, but saying that they have to give everyone trash because otherwise the divide would be too large is just dumb. Improving the bottom will flatten the rewards just as much as reducing the top.

???

I'm pretty sure we are talking about 2 different things.

Im talking about players who can do the raid and those who cant, you seem to be talking about players who are doing it, but are at the top and bottom of that group.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

That's a tough pill to swallow when looking at the GAC feats :(
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

???

Im talking about players who can do the raid and those who cant, you seem to be talking about players who are doing it, but are at the top and bottom of that group.

Guess I should work on my reading comprehension...
    It's still a bit of a moot point, though, since the raid drops stuff that is literally impossible to obtain anywhere else.
  • Options
    Dear CG,

could you please remove/alleviate the gear gate ? I want to play the game, try comps, find a great combo, I don't want to copy a team I've seen on youtube because this way I'm sure I won't just waste resources gearing someone for a team that maybe won't work.

Your pal,
    Starslayer
  • Options
    Firstly, this is not a rant post about the raid, rather an observation about the effect it has/can have on Guilds/Communities, also sorry if it gets lenghty.

Our guild just beat it this week the first time, it was our 4th serious attempt, 270mil gp, mostly lack of LSs GLs for P4, but this is not important now really. High end teams required to beat it, clear as sky, it is a very endgame content, no problems there.

The problem is, how "hard" it is to arrange to beat it. And I don't mean the higher end guilds, but the ones who "just have enough, or a bit more" to beat it and the method of beating it - x amount of people in, staying in airplane mode for x amount of time. Yes we know the connection errors, crashes, restarts, etc, we always had that in TW, TB, or wherever, but one error there (most of the time) would not be as grave as it is here. One bad move, down below 80%, you're finished, 49 people's work gone, i had people wanted to quit of feeling guilty (we are all different, some are more emotional, some doesn't care) and it might not be gone because of lack of skill, but due to game crash, or error. It is a gamble, and it is not suitable.

And the main concern I see/have, is the fact of not being able to beat it, mostly due to these, can affect guilds. I can only see into the hungarian guild community, and we had 3-4, 2-3 years old guilds splitting up in the past months or so, due to not being able to beat it due to whatever error. It is a way of life if someone wishes to find a better place if he/she takes it more seriously than others. But as here, this is not mostly about skills, but organisation of 30-40-50 people at the same time, "playing fire" with connection in a quite wrinkly game system, is not fair. I did not stress about whether we have enough teams, but who's game will restart, if someone's crashes and does not count it in, we won't have enough %, etc. Which is just not right.

I am not a developer, or any IT magician, but there might a solution of creating a method of when finishing the encounter, the game would show the result and ask that "Confirm / Retry". So it would only apply the damage % if you confirm it, otherwise just restarts it, not to talk about having to go in and out of an attempt, turning on and off the airplane mode. Not sure if it is doable or not, but I can't really see another solution. Apart from changing the 80% rule to 50% or something.

But again, I am not saying "dis tuu harddd", no pain no gain, but it should not be a gamble based on "what if it crashes". It certainly should not be something that ruins people's experience, community, guild or ecetera. Good Ol' sayin' but it is a game after all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

???

Guess I should work on my reading comprehension...
    It's still a bit of a moot point, though, since the raid drops stuff that is literally impossible to obtain anywhere else.

Correct, but they are trying to "isolate it" to those things, to some extent.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

2 very different situations. You can not control 30 other people in your guild to make the raid a reality. You absolutely can develop and make progress towards GAC feats as a decision. Also there are frequency differences there too.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

2 very different situations. You can not control 30 other people in your guild to make the raid a reality. You absolutely can develop and make progress towards GAC feats as a decision. Also there are frequency differences there too.

Fair point. So what about KAM shards and HSR (when it came out)? I've earned 9 KAM shards for my part. But I don't have 330 because I can't enough of the rest of my guild to do their homework.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that it seems like, based on what you or Doja or someone has said, sometimes CG doesn't want to create a divide between the haves and have-nots. And other times, they don't seem to give it a second thought.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Fair point. So what about KAM shards and HSR (when it came out)? I've earned 9 KAM shards for my part. But I don't have 330 because I can't enough of the rest of my guild to do their homework.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that it seems like, based on what you or Doja or someone has said, sometimes CG doesn't want to create a divide between the haves and have-nots. And other times, they don't seem to give it a second thought.

KAM is a very isolated situation. It's not a general development thing that will push your roster.

There are a lot of factors involved in a decision of that nature, that I'm sure you look at it you can see why some cases where "they dont give a second thought", the effect is much more limited than the times where they seem "to care". But there is background on each time this comes up, and generally speaking this issue is when it is a whole roster development point.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Yeah but cmon Kyno. G5 gear pieces? Even more drops for tank rewards?

I get not going nuts on the gear but there plenty of gear pieces that have no business being in end game content.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

I get not going nuts on the gear but there plenty of gear pieces that have no business being in end game content.

I believe it is a particular box from the raid, but it pulls less than when you get it there.

With relics pieces like that can have some value to players.....
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

I believe it is a particular box from the raid, but it pulls less than when you get it there.

Rank 1 can still pull that gear. The fact it’s even in the prize pool for an end game raid is ridiculous. It should not be in there, nor should tank raid gear be either.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Rank 1 can still pull that gear. The fact it’s even in the prize pool for an end game raid is ridiculous. It should not be in there, nor should tank raid gear be either.

Yes, that is what I'm saying, this was not a prize box made for this raid.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

So then they need to alter it. They need to delete the junk gear from the prize boxes for this raid. No need to add more stuff just get rid of the crud rewards they have and let the base G12 gear and kyro’s be the cream of the crop in the pool
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

So then they need to alter it. They need to delete the junk gear from the prize boxes for this raid. No need to add more stuff just get rid of the crud rewards they have and let the base G12 gear and kyro’s be the cream of the crop in the pool

Removing some stuff from the box makes the rewards better, as you make pulls from a smaller pool of better stuff.

They are not likely to improve rewards in this way, if they do anything.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Removing some stuff from the box makes the rewards better, as you make pulls from a smaller pool of better stuff.

So keeping the top rewards the same, but getting rid of the saturated tank gear rewards that are in several other spots, as well as G5-G7 gear drops makes the rewards...too good?

So it’s bad to have a pool of good rewards for once?
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Well, they need to because it feels pretty cruddy to get such crap gear for the effort this raid requires.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

So keeping the top rewards the same, but getting rid of the saturated tank gear rewards that are in several other spots, as well as G5-G7 gear drops makes the rewards...too good?

Again, the idea around the rewards in this raid is that the focus is the r8 materials. They dont want to have the other rewards be something that would make a larger divide between the player who can do the raid and those who can't.

So they are unlikely to improve the rewards in that way, as each pull would have such a high chance of being a very needed piece.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Well, they need to because it feels pretty cruddy to get such crap gear for the effort this raid requires.

The focus of the raid is r8 materials. If they did change the rewards they are not likely to do it in that way.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

The focus of the raid is r8 materials. If they did change the rewards they are not likely to do it in that way.

Nowhere they confirmed this narrative you are pushing as if it's a fact.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Kyno, you are flip flopping again...earlier in the thread you mentioned in the rewards were “flatter” and then pointed to the gear as obviously the r8 materials are nowhere near flat. If the focus is on the R8 materials then shouldn’t those be the ones flatter? I think you got caught buddy...in your divine defense of CG.
  • Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Kyno, you are flip flopping again...earlier in the thread you mentioned in the rewards were “flatter” and then pointed to the gear as obviously the r8 materials are nowhere near flat. If the focus is on the R8 materials then shouldn’t those be the ones flatter? I think you got caught buddy...in your divine defense of CG.

Don't expect consistency from him. I asked the same question numerous times before in this topic. There are veins of arguments he will use and he'll just shift in between them as long as it meets the end goal of "it's all ok and calculated, you just don't understand"
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Again, the idea around the rewards in this raid is that the focus is the r8 materials. They dont want to have the other rewards be something that would make a larger divide between the player who can do the raid and those who can't.

So they are unlikely to improve the rewards in that way, as each pull would have such a high chance of being a very needed piece.

So if the focus of the raid is r8 material as the reward, they did not produce flatter rewards as a drop off from 11 to 1 for that material is not flatter or flat at all.

Not to mention that R8 requires a secondary piece which requires specifically g12 materials. So wouldn’t it be best to give some extra G12 pieces along with gear like kyro’s, etc in order to make the crafting of the second piece not so bottlenecked? We need roughly 185 salvage of the G12 pieces to R8 just one toon in addition to the other relic materials.

Does that mean we will get some kind of gear economy shift soon so that for once when a new bottleneck is introduced, one from launch will finally be alleviated? Or is it going to always be bottleneck on bottleneck on bottleneck?
  • Options
    So CG thinks the gear rewards for this raid are appropriate for the challenge overcome to earn them? They won't change them, fine, whatever. But gear rewards will remain a valid criticism of this raid, imo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Nowhere they confirmed this narrative you are pushing as if it's a fact.

Please read the release notes on each raid and tell me you cannot tell what the focus is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

There is not setup that has a larger increase in the top 10 as outlined with the Sith raid.

And no I did not flip flop, that is what I was saying the whole time.