The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    I for one am glad that the precise details of the raid lockouts is not known or explicitly stated anywhere.

It is absolutely certain that people would seek to exploit those rules if they were explicitly stated.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I for one am glad that the precise details of the raid lockouts is not known or explicitly stated anywhere.

It is absolutely certain that people would seek to exploit those rules if they were explicitly stated.

They didnt say it about this specific detail, but they have joked in conversation that "can you explain X" as a developer you have to always add, "so I can exploit it"....

I am sure that is why this and the others remained secret for a while, but they did eventually state the number of raids per week that a player can do.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

What is there to exploit? If it's set to match the maximum natural amount of tickets, there is very little (if any) room for any shenanigans.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

What is there to exploit? If it's set to match the maximum natural amount of tickets, there is very little (if any) room for any shenanigans.

There is a bit of wiggle room in each one, I believe you can get an extra 1 (maybe 2) HSR in a month if you really try with guild hopping. the number of raids per week is not a whole number, and they need to give some variance to account for people changing guilds for "natural reasons".

yes exploit is a bit harsh, but taking advantage of those fractions of a raid you can get to add up is much like the Superman plot back in the day......or office space.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

There is a bit of wiggle room in each one, I believe you can get an extra 1 (maybe 2) HSR in a month if you really try with guild hopping. the number of raids per week is not a whole number, and they need to give some variance to account for people changing guilds for "natural reasons".

yes exploit is a bit harsh, but taking advantage of those fractions of a raid you can get to add up is much like the Superman plot back in the day......or office space.

Sounds like a lot of headache for not much gain, especially considering other guild activities. It probably wouldn't align nicely with the other raids, not to mention TWs and TBs. One might pay a significant price in other resources for a bit more R8 mats.
  • Options

Sounds like a lot of headache for not much gain, especially considering other guild activities. It probably wouldn't align nicely with the other raids, not to mention TWs and TBs. One might pay a significant price in other resources for a bit more R8 mats.

Which is kind of his point (and why that's not a major aspect to be concerned about). People moving guilds "naturally" might miss one raid, which, over the course of the game isn't a big deal at all. It only becomes an issue for people trying to merc or guild hop excessively who are trying to "game the system". Except the system is set up, so the gain isn't worth the hassle over the long haul.

That's the point - and also why complaining about it is pointless. That is, the very thing some are complaining about is there precisely to stop them from doing what they are attempting to do (i.e. game the system for more rewards than someone who remains in a single guild and simply follows the normal schedule).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

correct, but its there and considering the exclusivity of R8 mats and the availability of the stuff rewarded in other events, one may choose to do that. again, not really an exploit, but something they may not want to specifically spell out for someone to do.
  • Options
    I got first last time we ran it, and I got absolute trash for rewards. Other than the 11 R8 bits, but then I need 20 of those impulse detectors which take an age to farm. I now have enough for 2.5 R8 characters but do not have enough of those impulse detectors.

Furthermore, the actual gear I got was... well put it this way, I got better rewards from the Standard Rancor!

With the amount of coordination, 3rd party apps, and bots and effort, the prizes should be more commensurate of the effort.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Playing for a long time and have been having fun until the Rancor Challenge opened. I understand the need for progressive difficulty within each phase but coordinating a guild to submit damage at the same time in a mobile game is absurd.

I propose the following guild leader tool: bank and submit damage.

Leader sets a time-frame, like 12:00 EST
    Members are freely able to attack
    At the end of a team’s session, instead of being defeated a pop-up occures and asks to you want to submit this damage or try again.
    Submitting ends that team for the phase and you can try to increase your bank with further teams, or limit teams to 1 or 2
    The guild leader then has to wait until sufficient damage is done to submit the guilds banked damage.

I understand we essentially do this coordinated through 3rd party apps, but to worry about my app closing and losing progress when life requires me to use my phone makes me disinterested in future development.

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    WindChoke wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Can someone please tell me why mk10 blastech is a reward for this raid?

The general idea was that more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't.

So what's the point of doing then any in game activity if it is not to gain a gear and character development advantage?

????

That is not what anyone has said here at all, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Was in reference to what you said previously "...more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't....".

Blue gear and oversaturated purple gear does not give any advantage at all, and it is not end game gear. In my opinion, it is fairly disappointing for the raid being the new end game content. That was the point I was stating, after my guild is spending hours to finish it, only to get blue gear :(. And this inappropriateness of the rewards has been mentioned a number of times, it seems here in this thread.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

The general idea was that more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't.

So what's the point of doing then any in game activity if it is not to gain a gear and character development advantage?

????

That is not what anyone has said here at all, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Was in reference to what you said previously "...more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't....".

Blue gear and oversaturated purple gear does not give any advantage at all, and it is not end game gear. In my opinion, it is fairly disappointing for the raid being the new end game content. That was the point I was stating, after my guild is spending hours to finish it, only to get blue gear :(. And this inappropriateness of the rewards has been mentioned a number of times, it seems here in this thread.

that is very different than trying to say what you said, so ok, I guess i see what you are saying now, but that doesn't make sense with what you said before. anyway, we can move on to this comment.

correct, the gear there is not supposed to offer much if any advantage, as that would be what could cause a larger divide between players who can and who cannot do the raid. I can see you point if you only focus on those rewards but there are exclusive rewards there that are being ignored in your statement.

anyway, they are aware of this sentiment and we will see what happens, but as I have said based on the general goal I am eluding to here, it is unlikely they will make them that much better, and with relics almost all (if not all) of those pieces have a use.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

that is very different than trying to say what you said, so ok, I guess i see what you are saying now, but that doesn't make sense with what you said before. anyway, we can move on to this comment.

correct, the gear there is not supposed to offer much if any advantage, as that would be what could cause a larger divide between players who can and who cannot do the raid. I can see you point if you only focus on those rewards but there are exclusive rewards there that are being ignored in your statement.

anyway, they are aware of this sentiment and we will see what happens, but as I have said based on the general goal I am eluding to here, it is unlikely they will make them that much better, and with relics almost all (if not all) of those pieces have a use.

As soon as r8 paves the way to the next big thing it will create the divide. The divide already exists, we just don't care yet due to minimal impact of r8. So are you saying they don't want to create a divide one way, but they are fine creating it another way?

It just looks to me they are frugal about gear economy we are bottlenecked with both new and old, pretty simple.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

As soon as r8 paves the way to the next big thing it will create the divide. The divide already exists, we just don't care yet due to minimal impact of r8. So are you saying they don't want to create a divide one way, but they are fine creating it another way?

It just looks to me they are frugal about gear economy we are bottlenecked with both new and old, pretty simple.

only if you assume that R8 mats will remain exclusive to the raid.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

They weren’t exclusive to the raid. You could buy them on day one.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

Naw, that doesn't change anything. The other stuff already exclusive to this raid here. If we are talking about a divide, it's about how much stuff; one way or another -do-s get compared to -don't-s.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

True, they never were exclusive in the first place. CG sold R8 packs immediately.

Also, I am struggling to understand your stance on the flatter yet “less meaningful” gear rewards (so as not to create a great divide between guilds completing and those not) and the 11:1 ratio on the “meaningful” R8 mats for guilds completing the raid. Could you explain this to me a bit better? I could be missing nuance there.

Right now I’m not seeing flatter rewards at all if the gear rewards end up being blue pieces to be scrapped for relic mats (why not just offer a few of those mats we will scrap the gear for instead?) and a high differential in R8 mats.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

“Frugal” is quite kind. I would have used “stingy” 😂
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

True, they never were exclusive in the first place. CG sold R8 packs immediately.

Also, I am struggling to understand your stance on the flatter yet “less meaningful” gear rewards (so as not to create a great divide between guilds completing and those not) and the 11:1 ratio on the “meaningful” R8 mats for guilds completing the raid. Could you explain this to me a bit better? I could be missing nuance there.

Right now I’m not seeing flatter rewards at all if the gear rewards end up being blue pieces to be scrapped for relic mats (why not just offer a few of those mats we will scrap the gear for instead?) and a high differential in R8 mats.

Honestly this should’ve been the reward paired with the r8 mats.

A pool of G12 gear. The lower G12 gear, kyro’s and some of the relic materials we need. Carbonite circuit boards come to mind. Maybe 100 for first, scaling down to 50 for the last tier. You need thousands for a single GL so it’s not a big economy shift. The G12 gear goes towards either the first half of G12 gear needed or the new R8 material. Resource management there.

Then kyro’s is just cause kyro’s and they’re the dumbest thing to be added to the game
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

Naw, that doesn't change anything. The other stuff already exclusive to this raid here. If we are talking about a divide, it's about how much stuff; one way or another -do-s get compared to -don't-s.

it does change things, because adding more stuff to the already added stuff that does create a divide, would make it larger. they dont want to make it larger than it already is going to be, or accelerate it by making those rewards better.

I have never said there isn't a divide and that this doesn't feed into that, but making those rewards better would make a larger divide. I know you dont like this sentiment, but that is what it is.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

it does change things, because adding more stuff to the already added stuff that does create a divide, would make it larger. they dont want to make it larger than it already is going to be, or accelerate it by making those rewards better.

I have never said there isn't a divide and that this doesn't feed into that, but making those rewards better would make a larger divide. I know you dont like this sentiment, but that is what it is.

It's not what it is unless it's a dev sentiment. I know you don't like this sentiment, but you are talking as if these are your intentions while you're similarly only interpreting the picture like us, while the real intentions and mindset can be entirely something else.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    These rewards don't seem flatter - just really random. We have a guy in 2 who dropped a full Kryo - as did a guy in 27.

d7yi69dsaa5q.png

fra1kd9esdj9.png

But then guys in between get this:

df0upva7yzvd.jpg

and

1urjcgoghhv2.jpg

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    It’s not difficult for them to change the awards. It’s very simple. They just choose to continue to add useless junk to the rewards boxes.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    It’s not difficult for them to change the awards. It’s very simple. They just choose to continue to add useless junk to the rewards boxes.

It's not useless junk. It's to avoid creating a divide between the people that can complete the raid and those who cannot.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It's not useless junk. It's to avoid creating a divide between the people that can complete the raid and those who cannot.

Full Kryos + 25+ g12 pieces is pretty significant. Even compared to others who get much worse rewards despite clearing the exact same raid (see screenshots above).

There are many words I could use to describe the above screenshots - "flat" or "flatter" is really not one that comes to mind.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

It's not what it is unless it's a dev sentiment. I know you don't like this sentiment, but you are talking as if these are your intentions while you're similarly only interpreting the picture like us, while the real intentions and mindset can be entirely something else.

You can and do always want to act like I do not have a little more insight on these things than I do. I am not going to go into details on conversations, as that it not really something I can do. I provided evidence that is available to everyone because you wanted some "backing to my claim", but that doesn't mean that is all I am basing my discussion on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Full Kryos + 25+ g12 pieces is pretty significant. Even compared to others who get much worse rewards despite clearing the exact same raid (see screenshots above).

There are many words I could use to describe the above screenshots - "flat" or "flatter" is really not one that comes to mind.

isn't this kind of like people who make claims about drop rates based on a screen shot, or a small collection from the week?
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

You can and do always want to act like I do not have a little more insight on these things than I do. I am not going to go into details on conversations, as that it not really something I can do. I provided evidence that is available to everyone because you wanted some "backing to my claim", but that doesn't mean that is all I am basing my discussion on.

This is why I ask you to make the differentian you are never doing when it's completely your opinion.

So are we positive this is actually their intention? If that's the case, it's another clause we can talk similar to -flatter- we also know is their intention.
  • Options
    These rewards don't seem flatter - just really random. We have a guy in 2 who dropped a full Kryo - as did a guy in 27.

d7yi69dsaa5q.png

fra1kd9esdj9.png

df0upva7yzvd.jpg

and

1urjcgoghhv2.jpg

The problem as far as I can see is complete poor of gear being avaliable in the reward set with equal probability (this is not the case for hstr even though I can't pinpoint how that box actually works). If they made it so one of those 3 portions of rewards come from a bottleneck only gear table %100 of the time, we'd be much better off.
  • Options
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

Also, for the last time, I do not want to assume anything about what you know, I just want you to differentiate between things that are only your opinion vs. things that you know that's not connected to your opinion or interpretation. Was that even a bit clear in the chain of posts that's in the quotes folded here? Certainly not for me.
  • Options

d7yi69dsaa5q.png

fra1kd9esdj9.png

df0upva7yzvd.jpg

and

1urjcgoghhv2.jpg

The problem as far as I can see is complete poor of gear being avaliable in the reward set with equal probability (this is not the case for hstr even though I can't pinpoint how that box actually works). If they made it so one of those 3 portions of rewards come from a bottleneck only gear table %100 of the time, we'd be much better off.

They will never do that or admit they loaded the boxes with junk that we have 100s or 1000s of.