Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The lowest level of the new slicing mats were given out at a rate of max 20 per week via one GC.

Now there is a max of 40 per week via two GCs.

If there's one Beskalorian GC per week you're still maxing out at 35 per week. Worst case (two Beska per week) you're still doing better than before, 30 per week.

Whales get a bonus until f2p catches up, as always.

What's the problem again?

The doubling of the event is a very good point.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    The lowest level of the new slicing mats were given out at a rate of max 20 per week via one GC.

If there's one Beskalorian GC per week you're still maxing out at 35 per week. Worst case (two Beska per week) you're still doing better than before, 30 per week.

And the highest mats which are also in high demand has a %50 cut hanging on a single feat.

I'm less concerned about those because of what I slice but I get not everyone has to play like me.

With that said it's still a wash with 2x a week, provided only one per week has beska in it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The biggest problem is probably with CGs way of communication. They communicated the doubling of GC events first, thus anchoring the idea of doubling rewards for “everyone”, given that you manage to fulfill the feats. Then they introduced the paywall gated feats with Besko, thereby lowering the amount of rewards to everyone except those paying for the latest character.
    If theyve had any sense of how to communicate they would have dropped the information in a different order, emphasizing the 60% increase in slicing material each week.
  • Options

And the highest mats which are also in high demand has a %50 cut hanging on a single feat.

I'm less concerned about those because of what I slice but I get not everyone has to play like me.

With that said it's still a wash with 2x a week, provided only one per week has beska in it.

And provided that you have the necessary faction. If CG decides to continue to throw paywalls into factions you've built up and leave factions you haven't alone, you're not getting much. The difference between t6 and t7 loot boxes is a massive difference.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

And provided that you have the necessary faction. If CG decides to continue to throw paywalls into factions you've built up and leave factions you haven't alone, you're not getting much. The difference between t6 and t7 loot boxes is a massive difference.

The faction thing was already the case, shrug.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Deany123 wrote: »
    There is zero wrong with the rewards structure of this event, in fact I would say it's perfect. Slkr has been out for best part of a year now... if you have not got him then it's on you. The event is still beatable without him as long as you have great mods, skills and effort so please stop complaining about this gc feats structure. It detracts from the real issue of what they did for the previous GC event.
    For the record my FO are all g12 and I managed to get the 2nd best box... that's fine... it's on me for not taking the time over the last 10 months to gear them up.

This 100%. I’m in the same boat with only 2 g12 FO and I got the 2nd best box. I can’t be mad about it as I choose not to gear them up. Removing Bando was a win...at least CG listened to that.

Did they? Datamining said the next GC with a Beskar Mando feat was on Kamino with scoundrels, not first order. Don't give them credit for screwing Resistance owners 2x simply by not screwing over SLKR owners this time.

Oh, well then, we shall see then, didn’t know it was the next one. At this point, it’s 50/50 if they remove it and I’m betting they won’t.

But again scoundrels requiring beskar mando is just fine.

Its part of the correct theme. Is it lame based on him being avaliable only a short time... sure... but it atleast fits the zone.

Its when hes required for anything other than scoundrels that we have a problem.

In gc the feats have either been tied to the themed faction or left to be done with anyone in your roster. To change that to requiring a newly release character in a squad theme that hes not a part of is simply unacceptible.

Requiring him in scoundrels is fine. Even requiring him at high gear in scoundrels is fine. Its lame, but its fine.

Mine is gear 9 and until i get JML unlocked, he wont go higher. I may take him to relic and then move to SEE.... or i may put him after SEE. Currently my priority is get JML and gear him to r7
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Breaks the established pattern of feats being tied to gc event faction theme or done by anyone.

Scoundrel character gate is not expected in a resistance themed event.

Thats the problem.

I have beskar mando and i dont appreciate seeing him in that event. I could expect to use him in a scoundrel themed one but not a required feat in a resistance one.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    There is zero wrong with the rewards structure of this event, in fact I would say it's perfect. Slkr has been out for best part of a year now... if you have not got him then it's on you.

I would just like to point out that many people don't have Kylo Ren because they went for Rey instead, and are justifiably annoyed that the reward structure arbitrarily screwed them twice, essentially.

This thread was started so that we could voice our displeasure and perhaps get CG to change course about feats requiring immediate release paywall characters. Are we now to demand that they carry on doing so to ensure that fairness is shown? I am happy to take the hit of losing out in one GC, with CG deciding not to do it again due to backlash rather than make everyone else suffer the same fate we did during the last event.
  • Options

Not sure what you mean, you'll eventually need them the same as everyone since this is a global system.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

Not sure what you mean, you'll eventually need them the same as everyone since this is a global system.

?

Not everyone slices the same mods.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Breaks the established pattern of feats being tied to gc event faction theme or done by anyone.

Thats the problem.

I have beskar mando and i dont appreciate seeing him in that event. I could expect to use him in a scoundrel themed one but not a required feat in a resistance one.

Is your problem that it was established that way? Stuff changes all the time. If it was mixed from the start would you still be mad?
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

You only need the higher slicing mats if you are slicing to that level. It is more efficient to only slice 6E-6D I think was TVF’s point/playstyle.
  • Options

?

?

You will never need to slice your mods to 6a?
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

You only need the higher slicing mats if you are slicing to that level. It is more efficient to only slice 6E-6D I think was TVF’s point/playstyle.

Mostly, yes. I have made one exception so far and I'm sure will make more as I run out of optimal lower slices, but that was generally my point, I don't need the higher mats as much for now.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

?

?

Possibly not. I have 3 at 6a, but I decided to chase these mods. The more efficient play is to slice for speed from 6E-6D. If speed rolls, there’s not as much need to slice again. Therefore possibly not. TVF said it well himself.

Mostly, yes. I have made one exception so far and I'm sure will make more as I run out of optimal lower slices, but that was generally my point, I don't need the higher mats as much for now.

• TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

?

?

I said never?

I said I'm "less concerned" not "not concerned."

You are also focusing on this part and ignoring the part where it's a wash if you are only looking at the higher mats.
  • Options

?

?

I said never?

I said I'm "less concerned" not "not concerned."

You are also focusing on this part and ignoring the part where it's a wash if you are only looking at the higher mats.

I didn't say you said never, asked a question since you said you are slicing different mods. Yes I'm focusing on this part specifically because it needs to go away and never come back.

Previous schedule was extremely low and needed to be increased, which it did. There didn't need to be any backdraw to it, everyone will take forever to go through merely the good part of their mods. And everyone is already getting the mats at a pace that's forced by their investment in various factions. Mando feat is just a lazy "have you paid for this feat? y/n" checkbox. Trying to do the best with the state your faction for a particular gc isn't.
  • Options

Thats the problem.

Is your problem that it was established that way? Stuff changes all the time. If it was mixed from the start would you still be mad?

No if it was mixed from the start i wouldnt have a problem with it.

Ie, if this was the way it was before and they dropped random character requirements regardless of theme, id be disappointed that i couldnt plan for the event without datamines... but i would be expecting it.

As it is, the established form of the event has been themed faction feat and then a few that were able to be done with anyone.

They did not give notice of this change, instead the community found it and listed its displeasure.

So yes, this violates the established 'rules' and expectations for GC. Its not fair to most of the community and its just bad form.

Again i have a gear 9 beskar mando, so it wasnt an issue for me... that doesnt mean its the right move to make.
  • Options
    Hey, as long as Beskar Mando is not needed to receive my Covid vaccination I am all good.
  • Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Hey, as long as Beskar Mando is not needed to receive my Covid vaccination I am all good.

You getting yours from CG???? If so it may be a relic 8 Beskar Mando needed
  • Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

You getting yours from CG???? If so it may be a relic 8 Beskar Mando needed
    Well, to play this game it is a “Job” and CG’s bottom line is “essential”...so yes to answer your question as we are all essential workers.
  • Options
    You’ve seen the next GC data mine? Doesn’t look any better lol. yasdq9lyudb7.png
  • Options

?

?

Possibly not. I have 3 at 6a, but I decided to chase these mods. The more efficient play is to slice for speed from 6E-6D. If speed rolls, there’s not as much need to slice again. Therefore possibly not. TVF said it well himself.

I have 260 6e mods. My aim like you is to prioritise the last speed hit. With this much 6es, there will always be a needs for higher slices as well. For example right now I have a purple 6 still waiting for the last slice and I don't have enough mats for it.

z2c6kc82g85k.png
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

?

?

I have 260 6e mods. My aim like you is to prioritise the last speed hit. With this much 6es, there will always be a needs for higher slices as well. For example right now I have a purple 6 still waiting for the last slice and I don't have enough mats for it.

z2c6kc82g85k.png

You chose to have that many 6e mods.
  • Options
    To be fair...

I went to the grocery store and the guy stopped ringing up my cart after i got to the last 7 items.

He smiled and asked me if i had beskar mando to complete my order.

Luckily i did... otherwise i wouldnt have gotten my milk for the week. I mean i had my reusable bags all geared up. Was quite a shock to know i needed beskar mando for that scenario.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair...

I went to the grocery store and the guy stopped ringing up my cart after i got to the last 7 items.

Luckily i did... otherwise i wouldnt have gotten my milk for the week. I mean i had my reusable bags all geared up. Was quite a shock to know i needed beskar mando for that scenario.

I love forum analogies.
  • Options
    There is zero wrong with the rewards structure of this event, in fact I would say it's perfect. Slkr has been out for best part of a year now... if you have not got him then it's on you.

I would just like to point out that many people don't have Kylo Ren because they went for Rey instead, and are justifiably annoyed that the reward structure arbitrarily screwed them twice, essentially.

This thread was started so that we could voice our displeasure and perhaps get CG to change course about feats requiring immediate release paywall characters. Are we now to demand that they carry on doing so to ensure that fairness is shown? I am happy to take the hit of losing out in one GC, with CG deciding not to do it again due to backlash rather than make everyone else suffer the same fate we did during the last event.

No, I’m just pointing out that when you say “If you don’t have Kylo Ren that’s on you” you’re being the southbound end of a northbound horse.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    To be fair...

I love forum analogies.

I know right. Especially made up silly ones
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair...

I love forum analogies.

I know right. Especially made up silly ones

Well I was thinking "very poorly constructed ones" but ok.
  • Options

No, I’m just pointing out that when you say “If you don’t have Kylo Ren that’s on you” you’re being the southbound end of a northbound horse.

What? But its true.... if you dont have SLKR by this point it is 100% on your choices you have made in game. Just like it's on me for not having SLKR myself. Am not entirely sure why you feel the need be insulting sir
This discussion has been closed.