Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    @CG_SBCrumb : Given that you still have me running the treadmill on SEE and JML, how about no. I'm not going to support you guys by farming these characters to 7-stars right now, but thanks for gimping me over those who did by giving them more 6-dot mod materials :smile: . Greedy, greedy, greedy...
  • Options
    CG... Capital Grinch
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    They do listen to feedback, and occasionally implement it

They chose not to this time

IT IZ WHAT IT IZ

i don't really think this is as bad as everyone thinks this is

I agree. I would prefer knowing to finding info in the datamine. I'm not going to spend to get Beskar Mando, but if I was, then at least I know I would get a return on investment. This is much better communication IMO.

Note: I saw resistance has no Beskar feat coming up and FO does so some balance is being achieved from which factions are affected.

There's not another Resistance GC on the calendar. you might be looking at the enemy column instead of the player one
  • Options

IT IZ WHAT IT IZ

This. CG Announcing the schedule means they're unlikely to change it.

I honestly don't even think it's that bad.

I'm still getting more rewards and twice the events than I was a week ago.

Also, IT IZ WHAT IT IZ
  • Options
    A little more info about the Mando feats would be great. Will he need all 600 kyrotech in order to qualify and/or complete?
  • Options
    Just taking a guess here and I’m NOT defending CG but... this time of year a lot of people want to take holidays, could they just not have the time and man power to make this change in game atm?

Again not defending them, and I know nothing about how making game changes. I too and effecting by this and can’t do the feat..
  • Options
    Nice one CG,you had to make a column so we know in which days we are fu*ked,this is a bad pr move and you will not get the cash grab,nobody is gonna pay you for some feats and also btw old Mando is better.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    at least take responsibility and have the spine to respond to this ridiculous change

Adamklark
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.

they did.

so by 'experimenting" they mean to lower rewards on purpose.. not nice.

not that I like this change, but we still get more with this cadence than we did before.

double frequency, but every other week we do not get top rewards, we still get rewards from those weeks.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    TopHat about GC before release:
    “ We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim”

Funny how that could go so wrong.
  • Ultra
    11597 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think this is no different than selling purchasable packs in stores with new mod materials

except you are saving money on those packs and investing it in getting a new toon instead of spending on a new toon and then mod slicing packs
  • Options
    at least take responsibility and have the spine to respond to this ridiculous change

Adamklark
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.

they did.

so by 'experimenting" they mean to lower rewards on purpose.. not nice.

not that I like this change, but we still get more with this cadence than we did before.

double frequency, but every other week we do not get top rewards, we still get rewards from those weeks.
    How about you tell us about “that” good story right about now? I think we need it based on how December is shaking out. Are they still crossing off the “projects” one by one?
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

IT IZ WHAT IT IZ

I agree. I would prefer knowing to finding info in the datamine. I'm not going to spend to get Beskar Mando, but if I was, then at least I know I would get a return on investment. This is much better communication IMO.

Note: I saw resistance has no Beskar feat coming up and FO does so some balance is being achieved from which factions are affected.

There's not another Resistance GC on the calendar. you might be looking at the enemy column instead of the player one

Shoot, I did mix up the column. You are right. My mistake.

Hopefully what factions are affected will be considered in further events for other marquee characters. Should not be too hard to do.
  • Options
    I think this is no different than selling purchasable packs in stores with new mod materials

except you are saving money on those packs and investing it in getting a new toon instead of spending on a new toon and then mod slicing packs

Or, alternatively, you're actually spending way more money. Before you could purchase mod material packs. But you didn't have to in order to get the top box. There was a choice involved. You could pay to get ahead but you're not getting very far ahead. Now for at least 7 GCs you have to pay to earn the top box rewards. There is no way to earn them otherwise. So you're significantly impeding over 99% of players and giving anyone seeking to pay to win a substantial boost. In doing so you're cutting the rest of the player base off at the knees. And let's not forget that we don't know all the Mandalorian feats. Some of them could be forcing ppl who've already paid to unlock him to pay to gear and relic him.

That's a substantial difference. And an extremely concerning precedent. They're now walling off part of the game from f2p and players that don't spend massive sums of money on the newest toon.
  • Options
    fengniut8doi.png

TONE DEAF.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_TopHat @NonExistantMarkDickerson

You guys really know how to erase any good will with your player base and truly don’t listen. You can claim all day that you guys “hear us” but don’t listen at all. Please don’t ever claim you care about your player base ever again, because that’s just a blatant lie.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

I feel anyone who spent money to get Beskar Mando would feel similarly. It does feel like a better “deal” for those who purchase every character.

The doubled cadence does make up for the lost materials from the “p2w” feats, essentially keeping rewards the same for f2p players. The rewards are now earned over 2 events in the same amount of time.

It’s an advantage for spenders, this has been a well known precedent for the game. It isn’t my favorite decision they’ve made, but it’s not the most reviled either.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous. While I think putting these Mando feats on any of the Challenges is pretty bad, at least it makes sense to be on the Scoundrel challenges since he has the Scoundrel tag. It makes zero sense to have him on the Droid, Jedi and Empire challenges. The playerbase was so thankful for the way that Beskar Mando was rolled out and then you just wiped out all that goodwill with this blatant cash grab. Gating a big chunk of the rewards for every other Challenge like this is just wrong.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous. While I think putting these Mando feats on any of the Challenges is pretty bad, at least it makes sense to be on the Scoundrel challenges since he has the Scoundrel tag. It makes zero sense to have him on the Droid, Jedi and Empire challenges. The playerbase was so thankful for the way that Beskar Mando was rolled out and then you just wiped out all that goodwill with this blatant cash grab. Gating a big chunk of the rewards for every other Challenge like this is just wrong.

Or a way to say thx whales and krakens for keeping the lights on for our business. 🤔
  • Options
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Bad thing is we aren't even getting the 2nd best reward in the GC. Who knows, how often this is going to reoccur

You can get the 2nd best box without Bando, as long as you complete the other feats at the highest tiers.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb : Given that you still have me running the treadmill on SEE and JML, how about no. I'm not going to support you guys by farming these characters to 7-stars right now, but thanks for gimping me over those who did by giving them more 6-dot mod materials :smile: . Greedy, greedy, greedy...

Crumb hasn't cared about the forums since he found the binder at the office with the take out menus...even his post today was scheduled as he hasn't logged onto the forums in a week.

Maybe he found the tinder too.
  • Options

It’s an advantage for spenders, this has been a well known precedent for the game. It isn’t my favorite decision they’ve made, but it’s not the most reviled either.

The advantage for spenders as far as I can recall was to have the toon itself early to use wherever in the game. This one is not a usage, it's a -have you paid?- checkbox that automatically grants you the outcome. If this is ok, basically anything check box gated from now on is too.

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    To be fair...

I went to the grocery store and the guy stopped ringing up my cart after i got to the last 7 items.

He smiled and asked me if i had beskar mando to complete my order.

Luckily i did... otherwise i wouldnt have gotten my milk for the week. I mean i had my reusable bags all geared up. Was quite a shock to know i needed beskar mando for that scenario.

I love forum analogies.

I know right. Especially made up silly ones

Well I was thinking "very poorly constructed ones" but ok.

You do get that its done poorly on purpose right
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

The advantage for spenders as far as I can recall was to have the toon itself early to use wherever in the game. This one is not a usage, it's a -have you paid?- checkbox that automatically grants you the outcome. If this is ok, basically anything check box gated from now on is too.

On that note, the only occasion I can recall that was similarly check box gated was old way of tb platoons where new toons would be randomly needed as soon as they are released.
This discussion has been closed.