Phasma shards for iOS? [Updated: Sent out]

Replies

• Options
    If it's like the Poe shards on Android, then they will appear in the inbox in the evening, not at the daily reset. I get my Poe shards after arena payout.

They are already 12 hours late then..
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    If it's like the Poe shards on Android, then they will appear in the inbox in the evening, not at the daily reset. I get my Poe shards after arena payout.

But the phasma shards were supposed to start yesterday, and it didn't.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • giggsy
    88 posts Member
    Options
    Just would have liked to have even a little bit of communication. Would solve so many issues
  • Options
    I hope that again EA doesn't screw up iOS players.

I still didn't get my Phasma shards.
    Empire did nothing wrong
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options
    clearly they did screw this up.. thanks EA. :)
  • Options
    kaarlows wrote: »
    I hope that again EA doesn't screw up iOS players.

I still didn't get my Phasma shards.

Yep still no shards, guess iOS doesn't get anything, the 2 star Lando was gone before I woke up, not that it matters I have Lando already, but shards would be nice.
  • Options
    None here either.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Community Update is today, at any rate.

@EA_Jesse, would it be possible for you to address this in your weekly update?
  • Options
    We never announced that players would be receiving shards for Captain Phasma on iOS.

Where are you all getting this information?
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We never announced that players would be receiving shards for Captain Phasma on iOS.

o_O

It was in the game data that Android users would receive Poe from the 28th to the 4th, and that iOS users would get Phasma from the 31st to the 6th. The Poe promotion happened, but the Phasma one is a no-show.

Edit: Fixed typo
  • StarSon
    7538 posts Member
    Options

@EA_Jesse You also never announced that Android users would get Poe shards, and yet they are.
  • Options
    If it isn't officially announced then it may or may not happen. I've warned everyone before, be very careful when reading about information that is data mined, because it may be left over information that is no longer up to date.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    If it isn't officially announced then it may or may not happen. I've warned everyone before, be very careful when reading about information that is data mined, because it may be left over information that is no longer up to date.
    But... the Android one happened. It was literally the same promotion, only reversing the characters from the original TFA release.
  • StarSon
    7538 posts Member
    Options

@EA_Jesse At this point, that is not the issue. The issue is that once again you are segregating players by chosen device. Because I like iOS better than Android, I am punished.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Ok, so you may or may not be saying that android in the us/Canada get free Poe shards but iOS gets nothing, again. Really?

Maybe this is the April fools joke that we were all waiting for.
  • Options
    Promotions will always happen. Sometimes Google Play will get stuff that iOS doesn't and vice versa.
  • Options
    Seems to be all google though. Special packs, new content, the spring thing, now Poe shards. So IOS players are not the players you desire it seems. Maybe all IOS should stop spending money until we get a fair shake. Android has been getting a ton of free stuff the last few weeks, even new content, while IOS sits here hearing how great it is. Pretty bad business to isolate a large portion of your customer base.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Is fairness important to EA/CG when considering all platforms are competing in the same game? And the poe thing was in the same datamined info that the phasma thing was...
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse will lando come back for iOS users at least? It was all we got, but taken down immediately because of an exploit, so most people didn't get him.
  • Options
    A poorly timed question (middle of important thread)
    by an old man
    But what is 'data mined' mean in regards to this game?
    Thank you kindly
  • Options
    Zip0zilch wrote: »
    by an old man
    Thank you kindly

Leaked information
  • StarSon
    7538 posts Member
    Options
    by an old man
    Thank you kindly

The devs put things in the game's files, and with the right tools you can get at that data. In this case, it means that a few weeks ago we figured out that there was a promotion to correspond with the home release of TFA.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    by an old man
    Thank you kindly
    by an old man
    Thank you kindly

Leaked information
    A better way of putting it would be files that are in the game software but are either not yet in use or are hidden from the user. "Data mining" refers to publishing information from those files.
  • Options
    I seem to remember way back in December that to celebrate TFA coming out to theaters that iOS got free Poe shards and Android got free Phasma shards. Right?
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    I seem to remember way back in December that to celebrate TFA coming out to theaters that iOS got free Poe shards and Android got free Phasma shards. Right?
    Correct. The data mined information for this promotion (in March/April) was identical for both iOS and Android except that the Android one was supposed to start earlier and they reversed the characters each platform was to receive (Poe for Android and Phasma for iOS).

@EA_Jesse, would it be possible for you to verify that this wasn't an accident or a communications mishap? I can't think of a reason to cancel half of a promotion.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Seems to be all google though. Special packs, new content, the spring thing, now Poe shards. So IOS players are not the players you desire it seems. Maybe all IOS should stop spending money until we get a fair shake. Android has been getting a ton of free stuff the last few weeks, even new content, while IOS sits here hearing how great it is. Pretty bad business to isolate a large portion of your customer base.

This +1000. We got a TWO STAR Lando. I mean the least they could have done is given us a 4 star (Like how he opens if you grind him). This is getting to be fairly ridiculous. I don't understand why EA/CG can't see how this type of activity creates discord among the player base. Honestly, it's this type of thing that ticks me off way worse that any update.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    The last time iOS got a promotion it was exploited by the users, so I can see why EA/CG would be hesitant in giving them more free characters.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options

You need to speak to someone at the top! I cannot believe that you are not aware of this. Again, just go to show the communication within your ranks is appalling. They are doing things behind your back, and you are getting stick from the players for it.

@Daddyngo007 actually the captain phasma promo info was datamined and they never announced it.
  • StarSon
    7538 posts Member
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

You need to speak to someone at the top! I cannot believe that you are not aware of this. Again, just go to show the communication within your ranks is appalling. They are doing things behind your back, and you are getting stick from the players for it.

@Daddyngo007 actually the captain phasma promo info was datamined and they never announced it.

They also never announced the Poe promotion.