Replies

• Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

The team has ordered food and are working late to get iOS users in the US and CAN their Captain Phasma shards for the promotion. So standby! We're aiming to get them pushed out within the hour.

Happy Star Wars The Force Awakens release!

Well that blows everyone's theory that this was a Google sponsored event.

All speculation. Maybe if Europeans create a multi page post they will get free stuff too.

Google would not pay for a promotion only to have EA give away the same promotion to Apple users for free.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Just got my shards.
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Me too. 10 shards. April 1-6.
  • Options
    Just got my shards.

Shards here as well. Didn't think to grab a screenshot.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone,

The team has ordered food and are working late to get iOS users in the US and CAN their Captain Phasma shards for the promotion. So standby! We're aiming to get them pushed out within the hour.

All speculation. Maybe if Europeans create a multi page post they will get free stuff too.

Google would not pay for a promotion only to have EA give away the same promotion to Apple users for free.

All speculation. Google might not have to pay but agree to advertise the promotion and Apple didn't want to.
  • Options
    No shards for me. But I have maxed phasma, so maybe I don't get them.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone,

All speculation. Google might not have to pay but agree to advertise the promotion and Apple didn't want to.

You can stop now. This was never a Google promotion, full stop.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I closed and restarted the app, just got my shards. I already have max phasma so that's not a problem.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    No shards for me. But I have maxed phasma, so maybe I don't get them.

Mine is maxed, too, but still got the shards.
  • Options
    Closed and restarted. Still none. Maybe I'm just on the black list. Which means I might get Vader shards instead.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Anubis wrote: »
    Everyone,

You can stop now. This was never a Google promotion, full stop.

There was Google advertisement. You're done now.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Closed and restarted. Still none. Maybe I'm just on the black list. Which means I might get Vader shards instead.
    Are you in the US/CAN?
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Are you in the US/CAN?

Why can't everyone get phasma shards? Its not fair other countries get an advantage and I play them in the same server??
  • Options
    Are you in the US/CAN?

Yup. I'm in California, an hour away fro EA headquarters lol
  • Toonny
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @EA_Jesse . Got my 10 shards. Hope you had a good team dinner.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Are you in the US/CAN?

Do you know how to contact support? They can probably sort it out.
  • Options
    Just got my Phasma shards! IOS finally gets some love.
  • MrChris
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Just a general FYI, I Just got 10 of 60 shards between 4/1 and 4/6. I'm in in US. And on iOS also already maxed character and still got them. Happy gaming all.....
  • Options
    Are you in the US/CAN?

Yeah, but I'll probably wait a little longer. I'm on iPhone 6. Account linked to Game Center. Everyone else set up like that get shards?
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Est, just got shards, closed program and reopened to receive
  • StarSon
    7538 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone,

Kudos to you and the team, @EA_Jesse. Thanks for proving me wrong :)

• JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    45 shards from 7*. This will work out nicely. Thanks EA
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Are you in the US/CAN?

Yeah, but I'll probably wait a little longer. I'm on iPhone 6. Account linked to Game Center. Everyone else set up like that get shards?
    I have a 5c, but it shouldn't matter. I am a little behind on my software updates, though... I'll go fix that. xD
  • Options
    Just got them! Thanks EA/CG!
  • Options
    Restarted my phone. Still nothing. Maybe it's a time zone thing?
  • Options
    Everyone,

Thank you!!!!

|-o-|
    I have 99 problems but a Sith ain't one...
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If it isn't officially announced then it may or may not happen. I've warned everyone before, be very careful when reading about information that is data mined, because it may be left over information that is no longer up to date.

@EA_Jesse so you decided to use this opportunity to prove a point about data mined information? Or does this have to do with your company's inability to do promos because you don't understand how to tie them to user accounts?

Noted. Gives me another thing to add to you review on the Apple Store. I figure anyone downloading his deserves to know that EA feels iOS users don't need any promotions so they can learn a lesson while Android users need those promos.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

Thank you to you and the team. Very well done. Greatly appreciated!!!
  • Options

Expectations are that the same give away users will receive also in other parts of the world in time with the home release of the movie.