New conquest event feedback

Replies

• Options
    I request that with all these feats that require some # of times or threshold to be met (ie, remove 700% TM) there needs to be a counter or progress bar in game to show where you are on getting that feat so you're playing blind or just guessing **** is going on. It would be nice to know how much or many more of something i need or how close i got to adjust cards, packs, or teams..and cut the time, I maxed rewards and still 12days left
  • Options
    I’m confused by your comment. I want to engage with the content more after I can no longer gain anything from the content. If you’re saying there is a technical challenge due to checking for completion of global feats (what I referred to as event feats as that’s what the mode calls it) that’s different thing all together.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I’m confused by your comment. I want to engage with the content more after I can no longer gain anything from the content. If you’re saying there is a technical challenge due to checking for completion of global feats (what I referred to as event feats as that’s what the mode calls it) that’s different thing all together.

There are feats in 3 places
    1- sector
    2- boss
    3- global

Unless you do everything in the event 100%, you are not "done" and would therefore not unlock the "no energy mode".

There is a point where you can no longer progress, due to difficulty, and that cannot be a point of measure for "being done" as there are 2 weeks of time where you can develop your roster more and get past that point.

So unless someone wants to spend crystals to refresh things to get everything done early, to then have "open game play", there is no other way to get to that point.

I dont see them adding a "I give up" button, as that opens up a bunch of other issues.
  • Options
    @Kyno are you intentionally ignoring what I’m saying? People have already finished all feats (of all three types) and three starred everything. I’ve acknowledged all three feat types existed and said they should be completed before “free play.” Though I did suggest you could open it up by sector which I guess could provide an advantage by testing various disk configurations so fine make it complete everything.

People will continue to race through the content by buying refreshes even in the next go around due to impatience or shocker actually enjoying the content. I’ve never suggested gaming the system or am looking for ways to gain something for nothing. I would just simply like to play more while gaining nothing. It’d be fun to see how weak of a team I can use and beat jml or see or Ewoks or dralak or anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Kyno are you intentionally ignoring what I’m saying? People have already finished all feats (of all three types) and three starred everything. I’ve acknowledged all three feat types existed and said they should be completed before “free play.” Though I did suggest you could open it up by sector which I guess could provide an advantage by testing various disk configurations so fine make it complete everything.

People will continue to race through the content by buying refreshes even in the next go around due to impatience or shocker actually enjoying the content. I’ve never suggested gaming the system or am looking for ways to gain something for nothing. I would just simply like to play more while gaining nothing. It’d be fun to see how weak of a team I can use and beat jml or see or Ewoks or dralak or anything.

Not ignoring. My first reply was because you were unclear that you meant they have done everything.

I see what you mean, but once you have done everything, you can still play the game mode. Even for free using natural energy gain or keep throwing crystals at it. I dont see as many people rushing the event as it progresses, and even if they are they are doing that for their own reasons, I dont see more doing it because they can then play for free ( not that you are saying that). I never said you were looking for any way to game the system.

It's an interesting situation, but in the end, probably not something they will change, or can due to the way things work.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    There’s definitely something bugged with the Chain Attack feat. I took 12 turns in a row before finishing off three in one shot with GL Rey’s Whirlwind and it wasn’t completed.

Zero turns were taken from when I started counting, not even by stunned enemies (I used characters with non-damaging attacks because I didn’t want to risk killing anyone and breaking the 3-shot feat, so no one was stunned). I don’t know what’s happening, but either some characters aren’t being counted or the event is counting TM for dead characters or something.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Id also say the crate is too hard to get.

I know you dont need all the feats... but i still feel like im down to the few i vant do and the few that are largely annoying to do without said needed counter.

Think lower the amount of feats needed to get to red crate or up the number of tokens a feat grants.

Sucks to have 3 starred it all and yet not be there

Need is a strong word.

From your other post, knowing you are close doesnt help you get it. You still need a proper plan and proper execution, which can be done without a counter.

It would be a great thing and much appreciated, but much like the argument for hiding scores on GAC, if you just plan to do everything in your power to do it, knowing (or not) changes nothing.

Difference is without the counter i dont know if i need to rethink, remod or just tweak a move or two.

So yes need is the correct term.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I know you dont need all the feats... but i still feel like im down to the few i vant do and the few that are largely annoying to do without said needed counter.

Think lower the amount of feats needed to get to red crate or up the number of tokens a feat grants.

you have to work for the crate, its not a freebie

You dont say. Though im not sure where i indicated i wanted a freebie
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

w3TEDll.gif?noredirect
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Need is a strong word.

From your other post, knowing you are close doesnt help you get it. You still need a proper plan and proper execution, which can be done without a counter.

It would be a great thing and much appreciated, but much like the argument for hiding scores on GAC, if you just plan to do everything in your power to do it, knowing (or not) changes nothing.

Difference is without the counter i dont know if i need to rethink, remod or just tweak a move or two.

Just like scoring in GAC, you can do all of that before hand in your plan, and go in expecting that you need to 100%maximize your effort.

Players are doing it without a counter, so no need is not the correct term.

I am not arguing not to get it.
  • Options

Need is a strong word.

Just like scoring in GAC, you can do all of that before hand in your plan, and go in expecting that you need to 100%maximize your effort.

can we call that a progress bar bc I was so confused at first thinking counter as in a counter against a team not as in 1-2-3-4-5 etc.
  • Options
    Anyone know what the targetable crate in the boss levels is all about? Doesn't seem like you can damage or destroy it.
  • Options

Need is a strong word.

Someone: I need food, I haven't eaten in three days

Kyno, probably: People have survived more than three days without food, so no need is not the correct term

This is such a ludicrous semantical argument. Can you really not see a situation where we need the counter so we know whether or not our strategy is working? Maybe I removed 699% turn meter in the battle, just falling short, and getting a bit better rng would have gotten me the feat, so my strategy is sound. Or maybe I only removed 300%, so I need to use a different team comp. So yes I do need a counter, and it doesn't matter whether or not other players have been doing it without one.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the targetable crate in the boss levels is all about? Doesn't seem like you can damage or destroy it.

It gets rid of the dots that are applied from the enemy team modifier.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Need is a strong word.

While i get you arent saying we shouldnt want it.... i disagree with you completely.

I am not going to do maximum effort and move all kinds of mods to stab in the dark at something. Im either there or im not.

I then evaluate where i am based on how close to the goal i am. The fact that it doesnt give me a count or progress bar at all means i am unable to evaluate.

If im 1 or 2 away, i tweak my play. But i need to consider what i could be doing wrong.

If im way off i need to evaluate mods or gear or zeta or the team in general.

I cant tell any of that without the desired count/bar.

So yes need is correct in my case.

The continued use of feats i cant tell if im close to getting or way off is annoying and un fun. It makes me not want to do them

Example: Currently im 37/50 thermals and i dont have good mods or gear on any of my characters that dish out thermals. I will power through because i have that counter. If i didnt know... i wouldnt be trying that feat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »

Read the Modifiers that affect the battle, specifically this one, Boxed In:
    vlf20mzmvnnr.png
    Hitting the box recovers 10% health and protection--ignoring Heal Immunity--and cleanses all DoTs on the character that hits it. All the nodes have some global effect, but Boss nodes have the weird ones like this. Or the one that gave Traya Taunt and boosted her allies until she died.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vengence
    1115 posts Member
    Options
    Just my two cents, the Galactic Conquest is another example of a good concept with bad execution, I get that it’s “end game” and that not everyone will be able to beat/participate in it. That said why is the newest content so complex, we have Factions/Mods and with this now 3 different kind of feats (you are kidding yourself if you think these won’t be used to push spending) and data disc’s that make the players dig into strategy that honestly they will only Google some you tuber to beat it. Is it that hard to create decent content you don’t need to spend so much time on? We need the developer version of Jon Favreau to sort out content creation
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

w3TEDll.gif?noredirect

Also just as an fyi.

Just because i think something should be easier doesnt mean i dont work for it.

636ws2wv0g3k.jpg

It just means i think the balance is off.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Well im down to 3 feats left.

All of which are just the ones that a counter/progress bar in match would be useful.

10 crit hits in a row on ally turns
    Reduce 700% turn meter
    30 crit hits

And yes i know of ways to get these done if i invest in the right mods and gear on certain characters...

But what if im super close and dont need to waste the gear, the time or the currency on mod movement/upgrades?

This is why its needed. There is even a cost associated in this mode with retry that is above the cost associated with getting just the right mix of the above on the right charactera.

Either eliminate feats like that or put in the counter/progress bar. Its past time to address this one. Stop using them until you get it done CG
  • Options
    We are asking for those challenges that require a higher score to just be shown to the player's progress. If the game does the math, just show it to the player.

We are asking for something simple and not something like a trip to Saturn with an accompanying customer.

If it is possible to answer this, say that we are going to do it later, if it is not possible to answer it, say that it is not possible to answer it and they offer the alternative solution which is to substitute a challenge for another with a feasible count.

Now if the staff does not have the courage to assume that they don’t want to facilitate and the players who want to continue the crazy counts, assume that and face the community head on.

And one last thing to finish.
    Stores with g12 equipment in the middle of the road may be better, they don't have to repeat the same items over and over again.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Well im down to 3 feats left.

All of which are just the ones that a counter/progress bar in match would be useful.

10 crit hits in a row on ally turns
    Reduce 700% turn meter
    30 crit hits

And yes i know of ways to get these done if i invest in the right mods and gear on certain characters...

But what if im super close and dont need to waste the gear, the time or the currency on mod movement/upgrades?

This is why its needed. There is even a cost associated in this mode with retry that is above the cost associated with getting just the right mix of the above on the right charactera.

Either eliminate feats like that or put in the counter/progress bar. Its past time to address this one. Stop using them until you get it done CG

A counter would definitely be welcomed as well as knowing your opponents speed, tenacity etc since if you have to spend energy to battle, you can at least make an informed decision about who to use and what mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Need is a strong word.

Someone: I need food, I haven't eaten in three days

Kyno, probably: People have survived more than three days without food, so no need is not the correct term

This is such a ludicrous semantical argument. Can you really not see a situation where we need the counter so we know whether or not our strategy is working? Maybe I removed 699% turn meter in the battle, just falling short, and getting a bit better rng would have gotten me the feat, so my strategy is sound. Or maybe I only removed 300%, so I need to use a different team comp. So yes I do need a counter, and it doesn't matter whether or not other players have been doing it without one.

Wrong.

Here you go:

I need a hotdog on a bun.

Here is a hotdog.

No I need the bun.
    Need is a strong word for the current scenario. It can be done without it, and the preference is to have it, but it is not needed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Need is a strong word.

While i get you arent saying we shouldnt want it.... i disagree with you completely.

I am not going to do maximum effort and move all kinds of mods to stab in the dark at something. Im either there or im not.

I then evaluate where i am based on how close to the goal i am. The fact that it doesnt give me a count or progress bar at all means i am unable to evaluate.

If im 1 or 2 away, i tweak my play. But i need to consider what i could be doing wrong.

If im way off i need to evaluate mods or gear or zeta or the team in general.

I cant tell any of that without the desired count/bar.

So yes need is correct in my case.

The continued use of feats i cant tell if im close to getting or way off is annoying and un fun. It makes me not want to do them

Example: Currently im 37/50 thermals and i dont have good mods or gear on any of my characters that dish out thermals. I will power through because i have that counter. If i didnt know... i wouldnt be trying that feat.

Your not in the dark, you can count.

All I said was need is a strong word, because there are absolutely ways around not having it, very simply infact.

There are also many scenarios where it being there does nothing if you are already putting in maximum effort.

Knowing you need 3 more in a battle where the opponent will due on your next move does nothing for you, you will just go in again and try.

Again, I understand you want it and it is absolutely a great QoL update to get that in here, need is a strong word. You can do it without it, just like other have.
  • Options
    I have 5.7M GP. I’ve been playing this game for years. I won’t finish sector 2. The difficulty for this event is way off. This is the “normal” difficulty. Save endgame for the hard difficulty when it launches.
  • Vendi1983
    5025 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @SquirtyMcFunbuns that's hard to believe. I managed all the sectors with 5.2m GP and even avoided using SLKR other than feat cleanup and the final JMLS fight.

Perhaps it's an issues of modding or poor data card choices. You can punch way above weight class with the right cards.
  • SquirtyMcFunbuns
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @SquirtyMcFunbuns that's hard to believe. I managed all the sectors with 5.2m GP and even avoided using SLKR other than feat cleanup and the final JMLS fight.

Perhaps it's an issues of modding or poor data card choices. You can punch way above weight class with the right cards.

I haven’t unlocked any galactic legend characters. I’m f2p. This event isn’t happening for me.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I have 5.7M GP. I’ve been playing this game for years. I won’t finish sector 2. The difficulty for this event is way off. This is the “normal” difficulty. Save endgame for the hard difficulty when it launches.

Could you post your .gg link? It's a bit hard to believe that you get stuck this soon with that GP.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

I haven’t unlocked any galactic legend characters. I’m f2p. This event isn’t happening for me.

Ah yes, the good old "you gotta be p2p to have a GL" argument. Never gets old.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Press ‘X’ to doubt.

My main account is 5.48M. I have JML and yet to use him. I am in sector 4 using 3 total energy refreshes so far. My alt account with 2.4M GP will likely get through sector 2 as I am approaching the boss already.

Do you have screenshots to prove this? A link to swgoh.gg can help us give you advice too.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I have spend some but far from whale level, and I have two. Besides, it's perfectly possible to clear sector 2 without a GL, when you have at least some other strong team (DR, GAS, JKR...). Choose a path you can beat, go in fights at full stamina, consider your datadisks and, if things get tough, throw in some consumables.