New conquest event feedback

Replies

• TVF
    36642 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Voygliz wrote: »
    How can it be that in terms of gear chest it is better to get level 5 rewards than full rewards? Check g12.5 chests: 3 in lvl 5 but just 2 in lvl 7.

Is it planned this way for any reason I haven't read? Kyno or someone else...x3wyn1yw79dd.jpg
    saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

As you progress through the rewards tiers you get a pull from each box at the end, not just the box you stop at

I really doubt this is correct.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    How can it be that in terms of gear chest it is better to get level 5 rewards than full rewards? Check g12.5 chests: 3 in lvl 5 but just 2 in lvl 7.

Is it planned this way for any reason I haven't read? Kyno or someone else...x3wyn1yw79dd.jpg
    saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

As you progress through the rewards tiers you get a pull from each box at the end, not just the box you stop at.

X to doubt?
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Zumwan
    358 posts Member
    Options
    I think that part of the problem is that this mode widens the gap between low-level players and high-level players. If you can complete a few sectors and get some of the boxes, you get a lot of gear. However, players who are barely able to complete a few nodes might get nothing.

I myself have like a single team that can took me through most of Sector 1 (my current arena team, Geos https://swgoh.gg/p/975918932/). I would like to build my Padme, Empire teams to be able to use them in this mode, but 100% of my gear is going towards this Geo team, so other than constantly improving this 1 team, I don't see myself getting better in Conquest in the near future. Maybe in a few months?

So, this mode will not help me in a great way, while the top players that are able to complete the event or get 4 - 5 boxes will get a lot of gear that I'd love to have as well. Don't get me wrong, every bit helps and this will help me, and I don't want higher-level players to get less. But I think this is the reason for the frustration some of us lower-level players are facing.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    You are competing against other lower level players though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm a "lower level" player, and I'm completely fine with the fact that I have to work hard over the next few months or whatever to do good in this event. Because by the time Im able to do good in it most of the other people around me will start to do good as well. It all balances out.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

As you progress through the rewards tiers you get a pull from each box at the end, not just the box you stop at.

saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

As you progress through the rewards tiers you get a pull from each box at the end, not just the box you stop at

Correct, I believe I was wrong in my understanding there.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

We're not just doing it for gear... We're doing it for a ***load of gear.

Yeah, I am believe I am misunderstanding what was discussed at one point.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

*sad Barf the Mog noises*
  • Options

saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

876e8s853gzb.gif
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Options
    I'll preface this with my feelings heading into it: I was SUPER excited about this game mode. I thought it was going to be fun, engaging, and interesting.

My feedback from the first few days:

1) Content is needlessly repetitive and tedious. Sector 1 had 'like' 7 Imp trooper teams from all available battles. Sector 2 had like 9 GR "reflect" teams. Modifiers stay the same on all these teams, and its like a stupid marathon version of Galactic Challenge. I don't want the same crap over and over and over and over again.

2) Energy regenerates far too slow. I should be bursting with energy trying to get me to engage in this game mode more often. CG has this completely wrong. I should be incentivized to chase the feats and such and not going, "Ughh... Im not wasting 15 energy trying for that crap". Im not wasting crystals on something that isn't fun like feat chasing.

3) There is too much going on with the feats. We've got Sector feats, Event feats, Boss battle feats. I hate going and checking all the different feats and trying to consider them. Especially when Im forced to have all of the same teams as opponents. Chasing feats, also, isn't fun at all. Its subjective, sure, maybe some people like it, but especially with the slow energy regeneration... it's tedious.

Current feelings: Like a more tedious version of Galactic War married with Galactic Challenges. 3/10
  • Options
    I completed sector 3, but sector 4 is still locked, im at 80/84 for sector 3, but sectors just require completing right?
  • Options
    o627am9923bg.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Peteskeet

Can you show the boss node in sector 3?
  • Options
    @Peteskeet

Can you show the boss node in sector 3?

• Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    did you collect the data disk after beating the boss? That's is required before you can progress to the next sector
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Options

saxh1ll41bdj.jpg

You get more mod salvage for 6 dot slicing at higher crates (+ Razor Crest shards but i think those are diminishing rewards as you max out the ship)

You can always settle for T5 box if you like g12+ over 6 dot slicing salvage and less RC
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    did you collect the data disk after beating the boss? That's is required before you can progress to the next sector

Lol thats it, did realize i didnt collect it
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

3) There is too much going on with the feats. We've got Sector feats, Event feats, Boss battle feats. I hate going and checking all the different feats and trying to consider them. Especially when Im forced to have all of the same teams as opponents. Chasing feats, also, isn't fun at all. Its subjective, sure, maybe some people like it, but especially with the slow energy regeneration... it's tedious.

I like the game mode overall, but the feats need some work. Feats like score 50 crits in this boss battle or remove 500% TM are really annoying. So I need to figure out which of my toons can reliably crit, but aren't so overgeared the fight ends before I can get enough crits, but aren't so undergeared that I can't win the battle. eg, I'm being punished for gearing up my zombie roster to be stronger. Gearing up my toons should never make it harder to complete game content/earn rewards.
  • Vendi1983
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    @Fanatic I'm running into the same issue. Cannot for the life of me get 30 Crits against DR on Sector 3. I've tried at least 10-15 times.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Fanatic I'm running into the same issue. Cannot for the life of me get 30 Crits against DR on Sector 3. I've tried at least 10-15 times.

Same. Need that counter badly so i can tell if im close
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Id also say the crate is too hard to get.

I know you dont need all the feats... but i still feel like im down to the few i vant do and the few that are largely annoying to do without said needed counter.

Think lower the amount of feats needed to get to red crate or up the number of tokens a feat grants.

Sucks to have 3 starred it all and yet not be there
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

I know you dont need all the feats... but i still feel like im down to the few i vant do and the few that are largely annoying to do without said needed counter.

Think lower the amount of feats needed to get to red crate or up the number of tokens a feat grants.

you have to work for the crate, its not a freebie
  • Options
    Engage wrote: »
    I have been playing for well over a year and every time new things get added into the game I feel like I'm left out.
    This new conquest event is the most pathetic excuse to tell 90% of the player base that they're not worth the time or effort.
    Thanks alot EA for another useless event that I will not be allowed to participate in for prizes.

i get your unhappy, but they have said they are planning for an 'easy mode', for lower level players. So maybe take a chill pill and wait till they make the final decision before you kick over another flower pot
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Need is a strong word.

From your other post, knowing you are close doesnt help you get it. You still need a proper plan and proper execution, which can be done without a counter.

It would be a great thing and much appreciated, but much like the argument for hiding scores on GAC, if you just plan to do everything in your power to do it, knowing (or not) changes nothing.
  • Options
    I like the mode, I don’t like that it’s made the game unstable. Since the last update it’s crashing to Home Screen like it did back when TB was brand new. Super irritating when it costs you attempts...
  • Options
    I like the mode, I don’t like that it’s made the game unstable. Since the last update it’s crashing to Home Screen like it did back when TB was brand new. Super irritating when it costs you attempts...

Yeah, I hope they fix this soon. I had both HSTR that launched since the update get all laggy. Exit that screen then crash to desktop.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • UdalCuain
    5031 posts Member
    Options

Same. Need that counter badly so i can tell if im close

Cooldown reduction disk, buffs disk, loop Vader's AoE and Merciless Massacre.
  • MDTODDY
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Loving this new game mode. Like the old GW when it was super tough, which I thought was the best part of the game before they nerfed it, but better.
  • Options
    @Drathuk916 the reason they won't make replays free is the feats. You could just spam Sector 1 missions to complete all the Event Feats that require larger numbers/time investment.

Which is why I said after your past the point of potential gain. Let it become free when you’ve completed sector, boss, and event feats.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Drathuk916 the reason they won't make replays free is the feats. You could just spam Sector 1 missions to complete all the Event Feats that require larger numbers/time investment.

Which is why I said after your past the point of potential gain. Let it become free when you’ve completed sector, boss, and event feats.

The problem is global feats for the event still need to be done. It would be a little silly to pay to refresh to unlock "free play", not that some wouldn't do it.