[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    1tr18wixu6ni.jpg
  • Options
    Ok....so... it’s cool that we are getting more divisions to take the Uber powerhouses into their own domain. I can dig it.

What I can’t understand is why this is affecting so many negatively with fleet placements and why CG isn’t taking this opportunity to update the bad rewards for GAC. Even if the division rewards are getting upped, how about they use this to address the gear crunch? I mean I can’t say I’m surprised but....eh...we did ask for more divisions so it was inevitable controversy and missed opportunity would follow.

Hooray?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I've posted an update on the rewards here
    tldr; Promotion rewards are being adjusted as part of this change as well.

Can we get a clarification on which of these is correct?

Method 1: Division 1 and 2 keep same requirements based on GP/Previous requirements. Then added the new squads as mentioned in the post.

tfraupepaguf.png

Or Method 2: Swap GP column and add squads, meaning fleet / teams are revised by division as well as GP changes.

o313vd2bhrqs.png
    Yes, 2 ship placements will only be Div 1 and 2.

This part was confirmed by Crumb, that is why I posted it again after double checking.

Could you please just clarify how many teams do we need in the NEW divisions 10 - 7 (GP from 1M - 3.1)

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ok....so... it’s cool that we are getting more divisions to take the Uber powerhouses into their own domain. I can dig it.

What I can’t understand is why this is affecting so many negatively with fleet placements and why CG isn’t taking this opportunity to update the bad rewards for GAC. Even if the division rewards are getting upped, how about they use this to address the gear crunch? I mean I can’t say I’m surprised but....eh...we did ask for more divisions so it was inevitable controversy and missed opportunity would follow.

Hooray?

+1
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Method 1: Division 1 and 2 keep same requirements based on GP/Previous requirements. Then added the new squads as mentioned in the post.

tfraupepaguf.png

Or Method 2: Swap GP column and add squads, meaning fleet / teams are revised by division as well as GP changes.

o313vd2bhrqs.png

This part was confirmed by Crumb, that is why I posted it again after double checking.

Could you please just clarify how many teams do we need in the NEW divisions 10 - 7 (GP from 1M - 3.1)

From what they are saying the chart for method 2 looks correct.

Everything about the divisions stays the same, just the entry GP changes. Pre-change teams needed doesnt change due to this change.
  • Options

tfraupepaguf.png

o313vd2bhrqs.png

Everything about the divisions stays the same, just the entry GP changes. Pre-change teams needed doesnt change due to this change.

But....why would you make the amount of teams only 6 total for these divisions? That means players who have been focusing on their roster with GAC in mind and have deeper rosters are going to have to drop multiple teams that they have invested time and resources into. Who does this benefit? Why are the mid game players being punished when you can simply keep the number of teams required the same
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Options

tfraupepaguf.png

o313vd2bhrqs.png

But....why would you make the amount of teams only 6 total for these divisions? That means players who have been focusing on their roster with GAC in mind and have deeper rosters are going to have to drop multiple teams that they have invested time and resources into. Who does this benefit? Why are the mid game players being punished when you can simply keep the number of teams required the same

nk963xpkhdm6.png

Trying to get verification, but yes this is what I believe it will look like. Nothing about the old system changes, except the entry GP (edit to add:) and the additional teams stated in the post.

Div 6 went up one team, and div 5 (the old div 1 cut off) and up need either the same or more teams. No one is using less teams.
  • Options

This doesn't make any sense from the words in their post.
    To address the diverse range of GPs at the highest levels of GAC, we will be redistributing the number of players in GAC divisions to closely reflect the ratio of players that were originally in those divisions at the time of GAC’s launch. After the first and second divisions, players will be evenly divided among divisions 3 through 11.
    The top divisions will require more character squads (ships will remain unchanged) to address the growth and expansion rosters have undergone since the original launch of GAC.

So anyone in division 1 and 2 should be requiring "more squads" and "ships will remain unchanged"

This is the exact opposite of what you are saying. I'm saying, we need something official from them that says what is required in each division after the change. Not just fleet, characters as well. There's two very different interpretations and it changes how I plan for all of this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

To address the diverse range of GPs at the highest levels of GAC, we will be redistributing the number of players in GAC divisions to closely reflect the ratio of players that were originally in those divisions at the time of GAC’s launch. After the first and second divisions, players will be evenly divided among divisions 3 through 11.
    The top divisions will require more character squads (ships will remain unchanged) to address the growth and expansion rosters have undergone since the original launch of GAC.

So anyone in division 1 and 2 should be requiring "more squads" and "ships will remain unchanged"

This is the exact opposite of what you are saying. I'm saying, we need something official from them that says what is required in each division after the change. Not just fleet, characters as well. There's two very different interpretations and it changes how I plan for all of this.

This is exactly what I am saying. The top 4 divisions require more character squads, and nothing is changing about ships (2 placements in div 1 and 2, and no increase in number needed).
  • Options

tfraupepaguf.png

o313vd2bhrqs.png

nk963xpkhdm6.png

Trying to get verification, but yes this is what I believe it will look like. Nothing about the old system changes, except the entry GP.

Div 6 went up one team, and div 5 (the old div 1 cut off) and up need either the same or more teams. No one is using less teams.

Surely this can't be the case. If those changes went through it would be extremely upsetting for most mid-game players. I only have 2 million GP, just unlocked GAS. For players like me, I am literally dropping 4 full roster teams that are now mostly useless in any other area of the game. The best part about GAC is having to flesh out your roster and getting to use squads that you don't typically get a chance to use elsewhere.

I am all for adding more divisions to the top percentage of players, that only makes sense. But why are the experiences of a large portion of early - mid game players' suddenly changing because of this?
  • Options

This is exactly what I am saying. The top 4 divisions require more character squads, and nothing is changing about ships (2 placements in div 1 and 2, and no increase in number needed).

@Kyno please be clear:
    - 2 ship placements for people in “current” div1&2, irrespective of which “new” division they will be in
    - 2 ship placements for people in “new” div1&2 only

Which is it?

Because if it’s the second option, you cannot say “nothing is changing about ships”.

• Options
    Can you better balance the number of Galactic Legend characters for match making? For example I have one but most of my matches I faced opponents with three. Can there be a way to take in account of GLs as well as GP?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno please be clear:
    - 2 ship placements for people in “current” div1&2, irrespective of which “new” division they will be in

Which is it?

Because if it’s the second option, you cannot say “nothing is changing about ships”.

It was 2 placements in div 1 and 2. It is still going to be 2 placements in div 1 and 2. Nothing about how ships were placed is changing.
  • Options

Thank you for checking this Crumb. It's probably the best we can hope for on that front.
    I still think the fleets and squad requirements seem problematic as well, but I don't really feel like jumping into that discussion at this point.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • JeT99
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Kyno please be clear:

Which is it?

It was 2 placements in div 1 and 2. It is still going to be 2 placements in div 1 and 2. Nothing about how ships were placed is changing.

But it is changing because those with 3.8 mil Gp to 6.65 mil would now only be setting one fleet vs two. Which would not make sense as players at those levels have the roster to be able to place two ships and beat two ships
  • Winterwolves
    1729 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

tfraupepaguf.png

o313vd2bhrqs.png

nk963xpkhdm6.png

Trying to get verification, but yes this is what I believe it will look like. Nothing about the old system changes, except the entry GP (edit to add:) and the additional teams stated in the post.

No one is using less teams?
    3/4 of current div 1 players will be using less fleets.
    By the chart you just posted a 2M gp player will go from 5 teams to 3 teams. And many other examples in the low end area.

Edit: isn't every single player not currently in div 1 decreasing the number of teams used?
  • Options

tfraupepaguf.png

o313vd2bhrqs.png

nk963xpkhdm6.png

No one is using less teams?
    3/4 of current div 1 players will be using less fleets.
    By the chart you just posted a 2M gp player will go from 5 teams to 3 teams. And many other examples in the low end area.

Edit: isn't every single player not currently in div 1 decreasing the number of teams used?

Yup, unless we are being given the wrong information or there is just a misunderstanding, all divisions from 7 and below will be using less teams by a substantial margin.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can you better balance the number of Galactic Legend characters for match making? For example I have one but most of my matches I faced opponents with three. Can there be a way to take in account of GLs as well as GP?

You can take out GLs without having GLs
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options

They're already balanced in 5v5 GAC, as there are GL counters available. Bit broken in 3v3 and TW, but that's a different issue. Those that get GLs gear up some rubbish toons to get there, so the GL offsets the GP bloat from that.
    I have no GLs btw.
  • Options
    Please, please, please, please no more 3v3s. This most recent one I only had two people actually attack me the entire time. More than half of my matches were auto-placement nightmares, and several were people making achievements impossible with all of their best teams on defense and no offense attempts at.

And even when I do get into a real match, It's sooooooooo tedious, which adding more teams is just going to make worse.

The game isn't designed for 3v3. 3v3 isn't fun.
  • Options
    Amoliski wrote: »
    Please, please, please, please no more 3v3s. This most recent one I only had two people actually attack me the entire time. More than half of my matches were auto-placement nightmares, and several were people making achievements impossible with all of their best teams on defense and no offense attempts at.

And even when I do get into a real match, It's sooooooooo tedious, which adding more teams is just going to make worse.

The game isn't designed for 3v3. 3v3 isn't fun.

Lmao this profile pic
  • Options
    So until you reach 6,65m gp you only need male+nego for every aspect of the game ?

Sorry Razor Crest, you just dropped at the bottom of my farm list. I’ll get back to you when you’ll be needed for an event.
  • Options

tfraupepaguf.png

o313vd2bhrqs.png

nk963xpkhdm6.png

Kyno look at the table again.
    A 2.5M GP player used to need 6 teams on defense, will now need 3.
    If the chart is accurate most people will move down several divisions and will therefore be using less teams.

We really need an official table from CG to clarify all this and it would be great if they would sit down with said table and consider if this was really the result they were looking for.
    Hopefully just ditching this version as add in more divisions from the top, with more teams and maybe up to 3 fleets even for top divisions...
  • Options

tfraupepaguf.png

o313vd2bhrqs.png

nk963xpkhdm6.png

Noone is using less teams???? How about people going from Division 4 where they needed 6+6 teams to Division 8 where they need 3+3 thats 50% cutoff!
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

tfraupepaguf.png

o313vd2bhrqs.png

nk963xpkhdm6.png

Kyno look at the table again.
    A 2.5M GP player used to need 6 teams on defense, will now need 3.
    If the chart is accurate most people will move down several divisions and will therefore be using less teams.

We really need an official table from CG to clarify all this and it would be great if they would sit down with said table and consider if this was really the result they were looking for.
    Hopefully just ditching this version as add in more divisions from the top, with more teams and maybe up to 3 fleets even for top divisions...

This this this exactly... The complete lack of clear communication with this announcement is quite, unfortunate.

Saying things like "Ships will stay the exact same", and yet changing the divisions that people are in, means ships for many players won't stay the same, indirectly. And a good percentage of mid-level players will now be in a much lower division than before, and thus they won't need as many squads as Morgoth pointed out.

When we've put lots of planning and effort (and crystals!?!?) into a certain number of squads, we shouldn't be punished for those extra squads just to sit on a bench unused! I can't think of any good reason to make this change for the middle level players to even want to get to the high end of the game, you have to make it fun along the way.

Why would it make sense to have a 3m account use only 3 squads on defense? They used to do 6 squads before, so that's twice the amount of gameplay, twice the amount of squads to get geared/starred, etc.

This reduction in squads change could demotivate newer players to want to even grow to the higher gc's, which sounds like a bad business practice, seriously!

I'm not even going to mention the change on fleets, since that's a whole nother investment opportunity going away for a big chunk of players, since it seems to be confirmed that only div 1-2 need 2 fleets, meaning several people who developed these extra fleets will see no use for them.

I seriously hope it's just a bad miscommunication... the lack of clarity seems to be causing a lot of the issues people are having here.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

For clarity: This is still "method 2" with the comparison added for what each player would be setting based on these changes as we are being told is correct. I really think "method 1" is the actual way things need to be changed.

cpw5gu6833mb.png

• Wimma
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    One of these days CG will realise there is a passionate fan base for this game, that would like to be engaged and give feedback, and who want nothing but the game to succeed by improving. Here's a left field suggestion:
    Put an event in game where we answer survey questions for feedback.
    This game has a lot of down time waiting for energy, why not use it to get direct feedback from the player base in-game, so you can make better informed decisions about the game direction and thus development. I'd think it would be a huge benefit to CG's planning, and if the game improves and players are happy, win-win! You could give some totally inconsequential rewards (pitiful credits, a crystal, 10 energy, more usless mk4 stun gun salvage etc) to get valuable feedback. Surely better than just the vocal minority on the forums? (who give great feedback, but seems often overlooked)
    Just a thought.
    So often I feel CG make changes, but they don't quite hit the mark wrt user expectations, so there isn't the totally positive response.
  • Options
    Is the “11 divisions” hard coded? Why not just add more divisions for people above 5 million GP without changing the existing ones?

I understand that you feel the need to add more required teams needed for higher brackets but it’s already on the brink of too many fights as it is in 5v5 and for 3v3 it’s just straight up a snooze party to fight through a boatload of teams. It’s death by a million paper cuts.
    Every GAC I’m one step closer to being one of those people who just sign up and let the game auto deploy. The only reason for playing is that it’s still easy enough to get the Kyber awards.
  • Options
    Can we increase the max amount of preset teams too in squad builder? Would be appreciated to help with GAC theorycrafting.
  • Options
    Stop complaining about 14 stun guns per months...gods
    Hope it will be reason for new players to grow up faster

Thanks @CG_SBCrumb , now it’s time to make changes in TW