Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I agree that this is a great game mode, and if the this is the result of engine they worked on to ease creating new content, well cool. I might suggest though that they tweak it just a little bit more, i.e. if boss is changed don't leave the last feats for that boss in place. Sad to hear that they are unwilling to look into the change to diskette changing cost.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I agree that this is a great game mode, and if the this is the result of engine they worked on to ease creating new content, well cool. I might suggest though that they tweak it just a little bit more, i.e. if boss is changed don't leave the last feats for that boss in place. Sad to hear that they are unwilling to look into the change to diskette changing cost.

I think they are looking at it - Kyno only said that it won't have no cost.

I do agree with feedback about boss feats being "left overs".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I think they are looking at it - Kyno only said that it won't have no cost.

I do agree with feedback about boss feats being "left overs".

yes the "cost" could be just regular Credits..

fixed the problem with the Conquest currency. You're welcome..

put me down for the same feedback as I see a lazy game design over the lack of Counters, feats not being switched out for new Bosses and the COMPLETE frustration of having every node before a Scavenger being the same Enemy squad (in my case, they were GR. 5 nodes of GR) or even the same Data Disks and same rarity..

Are they still sharing the same laptop?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    They have similar logos and I clicked on them and „whoops“ I equipped them, after clicking to put them back I often had to pay the credits.. really annoying!

For what it's worth, you don't actually pay anything until you hit Confirm. You can add or subtract discs to your heart's content, and it only calculates the final cost when finished. To be clear--you're right that they need an easier way of distinguishing which discs do what, and they said somewhere that they're working on a tap-and-hold function to bring up a description of the mod, so it's coming. I'm just letting you know that you probably weren't actually screwed.

Personally, what I do, is I apply all the discs that I have even wayyyyy above the limit, then remove them one at a time until I'm at the limit. There's no cost paid for removing one you just added (since you haven't hit Confirm yet), so I can see all of them together to get a sense of what I can do.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • micha_15
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Not going to complain to much, but two things really bothered me:

(1) Missing Feat UI (and this one above all). Feats are counted anyway, so why not show the progress in a small overlay during the fight. This can't be too hard. It's super frustrating to count all that stuff (40 critical hits, 15 attacks, ...) or to guess stuff (700% TM)

(2) Costs of switching cards. This one takes away almost all the fun from this mode. The fun part was to try out different things and see how it works. Now I was basically playing one set for the whole conquest in order to save as much currency as possible for RC and CAT.
  • Creme
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like what I came here to say has already been said several times, but what's once more?

The cost of switching discs significantly decreases the fun of the game mode. Instead of being able to mix and match to my heart's desire and actually appreciate the content they've put out, I'm forced to equip a fairly general disc setup to run through the entire thing. This is making a great game mode, and I want to highlight great content, become very stale very quick. I truly do not understand the justification between linking temporary mods to the currency we get as a reward for progressing through the game mode. Right now, this design decision is sucking all the fun out of conquest.

I'm someone who spends crystals on refreshes early because I think this content is fun and I want play more of it. I got max crate after 5 or 6 days and I would love nothing more than to just be able to run some battles back and experiment with different combinations of discs and teams, but I can't do that because of the cost barrier. Because of this I haven't touched conquest in a week, and that sucks because I really enjoy the game mode and would keep playing it even after achieving max crate if it didn't cost resources to do so.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Also this is quite fun, waiting for the time to count down or close the game. I didn’t need the battle, was just trying to have fun, but instead I am super annoyed.

rigr8a57eioa.png
  • Options
    I have to say I have found this current round of Galactic Conquests harder. The discs do not seem to be as good and not noticed much difference using some of them. Yes I know there's strategy but when the opponents are modded and you don't get the discs to give your best teams a fighting chance it just becomes frustrating... Everyone in my guild that has spoken about GC4 has said the same thing!

If I get Crate 5 I think it will be by sheer luck!
    This is the Way
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    Options
    I had it happen in 4 battles this Conquest. The very first battle, I was confused, because it had never happened to me before in any mode. I'd heard of the bug, but not experienced it. My trend was CLS Rebels and JKL/JMLS (first fight, no screenshot).
    cu6h3rcpg1cm.jpg
    77tpxhsbnny2.jpg
    a0oapd8r4eex.jpg

• Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Options
    th3evo wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    khelzac wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to get a green Zealous Ambition disk in s1 (supports and healers get offense = +44% of their max health). My relic supports can pretty much one-shot any enemy. Echo is particularly nasty as I have him modded for max health for the Reek. At 57k, his offense goes up by 25k, making his grenade toss do 35k special damage. Add in the Offensive Buffs disk and 5s, and he can one-shot the entire enemy team in s4. Padme, GMY, and most of my troopers are similarly deadly. It's been fun playing this conquest because of the big shift in strategy that one disk has caused.

Only thing I miss about DCS is the ease at which some feats could be completed (esp the 700% TM one), but even the marked feat has been reworked so that GG and Piett marking allies counts, so that's not nearly as bad.

I am also really loving that disc too, I used it last time too.

Who did you use it with? Last time it only applied to healers.

barriss and jolee really crush things and it makes NS even better (g8 talia too) as my favorite "non used" characters/teams to add into the mix, as stamina gets low.

at the time I applied it thinking it applied to both, and just the wording was incorrect. so I thought it was going to be more generally effective, but still its a good disc.

I'm pretty sure it applies to both now, because after equipping it GMY, R2, and BB8 hit like a truck. Jolee still hits like a wet noodle though. That disc is definitely a huge help, but I'm still spending 2-4 attempts per node waiting for the RNG to take out the least useful toon so that I can 2* with the remaining 4. If I could pull one or the 5% offense when gaining a buff discs I could get away with dropping some of my other offensive discs in favor of defensive discs I suppose.

yes it does, and its great.

may want to check your moding, my Jolee is crushing people.

Something that I just realized after upgrading from a gray Vitality to a Green (I'm sure everyone else already knew this, but just in case): the health bonus to Vitality appears to apply *before* the damage boost from Zealous Ambition. Meaning (it would be awesome if someone else can confirm whether I'm correct) pairing the two gives you a boost to survivability AND a huge boost to damage output. I wish I had a good squad with a Support leader to further pair it with the boosts from Leader's resolve.

Padme?

Soon, but not getting the job done at G9 I don't think 🤔. There are several good support leaders, I just don't have any of them Conquest viable yet.

Why not? Here's G8 Bad Batch taking down Sector 3 Hard Mode General Grievous though with different set of disks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWCFLsC3kDs

How were the bad batch modded?
  • Dallamar
    51 posts Member
    Options
    From beta 1 to now:

Enemy teams changed a bit - no biggie

Speed of enemy teams VASTLY changed, feels like they added or turned on MODS on the enemies. Watching massive roster players get out sped with their best teams, not amusing

Data Disks - big issues - one purple whole of hard mode, zero flat speed boosts for entire team, seems randomizer for me picked the same ones over and over and over, both nodes had the SAME ones a few times

something was clicked on or fixed on the server side, plays way to different

• Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to see a bit of kryotech in the reward crates as every toon needs it but guess will never happen as kryotech seems like CG’s cash cow
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Dallamar wrote: »

Speed of enemy teams VASTLY changed, feels like they added or turned on MODS on the enemies. Watching massive roster players get out sped with their best teams, not amusing

Didn't notice this at all
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    I would love to see a bit of kryotech in the reward crates as every toon needs it but guess will never happen as kryotech seems like CG’s cash cow

I mean, they did put them in Crancor boxes, even full crafts.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

They also put G8 gear in the Crancor boxes, even full crafts. They also put more tank gear in there too.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

They also put G8 gear in the Crancor boxes, even full crafts. They also put more tank gear in there too.

Not relevant to the point. The kyro is not in conquest at all.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Also, stun guns are g8 gear too so you should think of a better way to frame that complaint.
  • Hortus
    627 posts Member
    Options

In previous conquests I definitely haven't seen teams with just level 1 overprepared buff who could move first against 570 speed toons. There are such teams in this. Idk, maybe I was just lucky before.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »

In previous conquests I definitely haven't seen teams with just level 1 overprepared buff who could move first against 570 speed toons. There are such teams in this. Idk, maybe I was just lucky before.

Yeah Ewoks outrunning 570 speed was new to me. But maybe got lucky as well.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Also, stun guns are g8 gear too so you should think of a better way to frame that complaint.

They are also G7 gear, G9, g10, g11, g12 finisher....wanna keep pulling at that thread?
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Not relevant to the point. The kyro is not in conquest at all.

Also it is relevant. The other poster is asking for more direct accessibility to kyro’s by making them a reward on conquest and your counter was that they’re in Crancor; an end game raid that has a saturated prize pool containing G5 gear even.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Also this is quite fun, waiting for the time to count down or close the game. I didn’t need the battle, was just trying to have fun, but instead I am super annoyed.

rigr8a57eioa.png
    Stryde wrote: »
    I had it happen in 4 battles this Conquest. The very first battle, I was confused, because it had never happened to me before in any mode. I'd heard of the bug, but not experienced it. My trend was CLS Rebels and JKL/JMLS (first fight, no screenshot).
    cu6h3rcpg1cm.jpg
    77tpxhsbnny2.jpg
    a0oapd8r4eex.jpg

This happened a bunch to me with Rebels. I noticed that it mostly happened with non-attacks, like Threepio's special, Backpack's middle special, or Han's second special. I think it might have something to do with the number of buffs on characters--but now that I see Stryde's screenshots probably not. Hrm...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

rigr8a57eioa.png
    Stryde wrote: »
    cu6h3rcpg1cm.jpg
    77tpxhsbnny2.jpg
    a0oapd8r4eex.jpg

This happened a bunch to me with Rebels. I noticed that it mostly happened with non-attacks, like Threepio's special, Backpack's middle special, or Han's second special. I think it might have something to do with the number of buffs on characters--but now that I see Stryde's screenshots probably not. Hrm...

It definitely was Kenobi 1st special as my last ability used. Your idea holds water for my screen shot.
  • Hortus
    627 posts Member
    Options
    Last crate done. Was it fun? In first days mostly yes, except some moments with no feat counter and unexpecting high opponent speeds which I definitely didn't encounter in previous Conquests (can we see enemy stats please?). In last few days it become just boring grind of feats. Did 14 full sith team feat? Good boy, now do 100TD in the same sector. And six additional battles, just because. And another 100 whatever... etc.

Had we zero cost on disk change I'd rather try remaining boss feats which can't be done out of the box on my power level and require some experimenting with disks, and turned to grind only as last resort. But with policy "if you want fun then reduce your rewards" it's not an option.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    RamIt_429 wrote: »
    Your recent removal of cooling system and other disks in conquest is a direct statement that you just want money. It was a shameful move on your part because those disks didn't guarantee max rewards, but they did guarantee a fighting chance to progress further in the mode. The endless pile of AI teams with steadfast retribution and overprepared on top of ridiculously boosted stats, speed, and pre-loaded turn meter have almost made conquest into a "not worth the hassle" mode. The changes you made are a slap in the face to the players who have already invested huge amounts of money in this game. You make a tremendous amount of revenue, how about you let the players have something without you taking it away because they may actually succeed a little more?

We should play a drinking game where every time someone on the forums complains saying "...slap in the face" we all take a shot, yeah?
  • Options
    Slap in the fase is a bingo card item on a discord server I know of.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Conquestblows1
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I use my BHs, but have not tried this round to go after that feat yet.

I'm curious to the number of battles this takes given your BH.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I use my BHs, but have not tried this round to go after that feat yet.

I'm curious to the number of battles this takes given your BH.

I use BH for the Thermal feat as well and I can get 10-15 thermals with only Dengar applying them. (my Zam & Greedo are meh). Looking at 7-10 battles.
  • Options
    I get why they had to nerf Cooling disks, but honestly, I think they could have done it better.

I'm disturbed that a single flaw in GMY/Vader caused the whole disk to be removed.

A better solution, to me, would have been to reduce the % Chance on each disc.

Maybe instead of 8-10-15 on each disc it could have been 4-5-8 or 5-8-10 etc etc.

There are plenty of characters GMY/DV that use buffs & having those cooldowns reset would still be a good option IMHO even if its a lower % chance.

I used all sorts of teams & I'm finding this entire GC a lot tougher.
    I have 30+ characters at Relic-5 or higher & I can't even complete Normal this time around.

The first 2 GC's I could handle the GL's in Tier-4/5.
    3rd one couldn't beat Tier-5 final
    This time around I can't even clear the Rey team yet in Tier-4.

Malak, GAS, Padme, CLS, Revan, GG, Palp, nothing is touching her.

Its gone from being a major time suck w/ fun & rewards to just being a major time suck.

Not enjoying this GC at all.
This discussion has been closed.