Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    One more boss feat required. I'll let my characters charge up for a day
  • Options
    This conquest is terrible for me, I'm at stage 3 boss, and a relic 1 team outruns my relic 5, 250+ speed team. I start the battle and its 2 whole minutes before I get a turn and they literally get 50 turns in between the 1 turn I get, seriously I'll uninstall the game before I pay you greedies any money to upgrade heroes for this trash.

Yeah I bet it's easy if you whale out and have multiple good teams but for those of us that went all in and have only 1 good team its insanely frustrating and just downright stupid, it's on "normal" and its feels like its above the hard mode conquest. What a joke, too bad CG wont see this bc all they care about is $$.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    Variety of discs is also a massive issue. Getting a run of bad disc picks can now lock you out of higher tier prizes.

The only reason why I have a chance to maybe get the red box this time is because I scored Deadly Momentum after beating Rey, and that disc is massively, ridiculously, cannot-be-overstated powerful when combined with Ruthless Swiftness and Ruthless Offense. I'm sending my G12 GG in against full R7 squads in Sector 4 to farm marks for the feat and my GG is WINNING. B1 is G12, other 3 droids are sub G10, Magna and DDK have no mods equipped. But it literally takes just getting one hit to land on Magna's counter attack and from there my squad has permanent 100% tm and keeps stacking offense.

Without Deadly Momentum, I probably would be struggling to reach the golden box. Imo, each disc node after the boss should give a guaranteed choice of a purple disc. Hell, it doesn't even have to stack super OP discs. Just make sure there is a purple disc waiting for us after each boss. At the end of the day, is Conquest supposed to be a chore or a fun gamemode? Knowing CG, apparently the latter.

Oh, and also DON'T CHARGE ME FOR SWAPPING DISCS

GIVE ME FEAT TRACKERS

LET ME SEE ENEMY STATS. WHY IS MY GALACTIC LEGEND LEFT BEHIND AFTER EWOKS TAKE 30 TURNS!?!??!?!??

Shouting never solved anything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sjh71nh
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I have over 5mil gp and cannot get past level 2 easy boss. Been trying for a week and nothing seems to work. Quite frankly, I’m about to quit. Yes, I’m not a very good player but at least before the changes I could get to level 5; now I don’t get a turn half the time against GAS.

Very frustrating
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Sjh71nh wrote: »
    I have over 5mil gp and cannot get past level 2 easy boss. Been trying for a week and nothing seems to work. Quite frankly, I’m about to quit. Yes, I’m not a very good player but at least before the changes I could get to level 5; now I don’t get a turn half the time against GAS.

Very frustrating

I have 3.1m and am at the sector 5 boss. What teams do you have?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    BonesRebo wrote: »
    This conquest is terrible for me, I'm at stage 3 boss, and a relic 1 team outruns my relic 5, 250+ speed team. I start the battle and its 2 whole minutes before I get a turn and they literally get 50 turns in between the 1 turn I get, seriously I'll uninstall the game before I pay you greedies any money to upgrade heroes for this trash.

Yeah I bet it's easy if you whale out and have multiple good teams but for those of us that went all in and have only 1 good team its insanely frustrating and just downright stupid, it's on "normal" and its feels like its above the hard mode conquest. What a joke, too bad CG wont see this bc all they care about is $$.

250+ speed at relic level is slow, 300+ should be your target for fast characters at this power level. Whaling out for multiple teams or getting higher relic levels won’t help you there, you need to go Mod hunting. 3 refresh per day on mod energy, even at the expense on regular energy, could help you a lot. Do that for about 6 months to start piling up decent speed secondaries and then you’ll have an easier time in every aspect of the game.
  • Hortus
    627 posts Member
    Options
    Last sector non-GL team with just level 1 (!) overprepared feat outspeeds 570 speed GL. Completely unexpected situation, botched run, lost energy. Just another annoying factor in the last Conquest. Is such situation annoying because it's hard to beat? No. Is it because we are just throwed blind here? Yes.

As much as I liked this mode on the first run, now it starts to be really unfun. None of QoL featured asked by players were addressed (or even promised to address), even very simple ones - feat counter, seeing enemy stats, etc.

Removing DCS disks is understandable, but why increase grind feats in the same time?! There were 50 TD, now it's 100, etc. - what's the point of this? Does someone in CG thinks that increasing amount of grind really adds fun into this game mode?

Is introducing seemingly impossible (20 crits in a row against SLKR) or doable with very specific teams with very specific disks setup (TM remove against Rey) feats intended, or it's design oversight? No communication on the matter.

One of the most discussed topic - cost of moving disks. Again, zero communication on the matter.
  • nottenst
    690 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Finally defeated Sector 4 Boss GL Rey. Had to include Hermit Yoda with JML/GAS/JKL/JKR. He made a world of difference. If I ever get a purple data disc I may return without Hermit Yoda, but at least I made it through this node and got the Opportunistic Advance feat done.
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i did jawas and it worked fine, if anything check your jawa's health and protection, if scavenger is the lowest they will go after him first (if i noticed it right that is, they always them going after least healthy ally)

I'm pretty sure it's RNG, they might be more likely to go after lower but it's not consistent.

It might be RNG but I just tried it, pulled all my mods off of my Jawas except scavenger so that he was the beefiest, and the Geos went after everyone but scavenger until they were all dead. So for me at least, it worked perfectly and I finally got that stupid feat done.
  • NasRegal
    142 posts Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed Conquest up until this version.
    Missing disks I can handle, difficult fights I can handle, but what seems to have changed is the fun, with the previous 2 things I've mentioned seemingly changed, there seems to be no fun in doing this Conquest.
    A no fun mode, is just painful and not worth the effort...
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Conquest was 9/10 with cooling Systems, now it's 3/10

Sounds like a shallow roster problem. Relying that heavily on deployable cooling systems didn’t really make conquest fun. It was just cheesing your way through for the rewards.

But he has 2 GLs :wink:, so his roster cannot be shallow :wink:

Deployable cooling Systems is fun. I can still beat conquest sector 5. The only reason to play games is to have fun, also, i still have my 1.7M account that Was almost through sector 3 with deployable cooling Systems. now, it is stuck on the GAS at the end of sector 2

So you can't beat sector 5.

depends on which account

Yeah but you only have one.

This is an old argument, i have more than one,
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    One other bit of useful feedback--
    You should probably lower the cost or lower the amount of older character shards available at Wandering Jawa nodes. It's a problem you guys have already identified in other areas of the game, but if you give us a character we need to spend some sort of currency on then we're going to horde that currency until we have the character.

Since the plan you've mentioned is to cycle new characters into these nodes as we progress through more and more Conquests, we're largely not going to use the currency for anything else.

What about if after some number of Conquests, the shards or blueprints for older characters become free in those nodes?

I dont see them becoming free, as future steps have them rotating to the store and then finally to a node or store not connected to Conquest.

It also depends on the rotation, if they dont keep new characters coming every 3 months (which I dont think they will), then we will end up with a good income of currency which may help loosen the purse strings on those who dont want to change discs, but also allow players to float currency from one to the next. Over all this self feeding cycle should look different as we move through this new setup, which hasn't really had time to settle in yet.

I think I solved the puzzle for this one.

First thing first, on a design level they need to determine for once and for all time what the intent of Conquest currency is. Is it for buying consumables, for buying gear, or for buying character shards?

Whichever of the three it’s intended for, that should be the only thing traveling jawas sell and the only thing in the Conquest store. The other things are given out as rewards from certain nodes. Either immediately or at the end of the event.

For example, assuming they determine that the intent is to buy gear with Conquest Currency, all the jawas that sell items will only sell gear or relic material. Every few nodes now, under current set up, there are jawas that sell consumables and no one ever buys them. So, instead of buying consumables, here you would receive free consumables distributed like a data disc cache—pick your node, pick the consumable you want, you’re good to go. Wherever there is currently a jawa that sells blueprints or character shards, instead reward the player with 5 free at the end of the event.

That’s probably the ideal solution.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I’d also really like to see a ship board. Unlock it concurrent with some other board so it’s not blocking progress. That would require either adjusting prizes or having a separate reward box for fleet completion, though.

Just something ship-related because right now that’s about 40% of my GP not contributing outside of pushing me above the 4m requirement to enter Hard 😬
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You should probably lower the cost or lower the amount of older character shards available at Wandering Jawa nodes. It's a problem you guys have already identified in other areas of the game, but if you give us a character we need to spend some sort of currency on then we're going to horde that currency until we have the character.

Since the plan you've mentioned is to cycle new characters into these nodes as we progress through more and more Conquests, we're largely not going to use the currency for anything else.

What about if after some number of Conquests, the shards or blueprints for older characters become free in those nodes?

I dont see them becoming free, as future steps have them rotating to the store and then finally to a node or store not connected to Conquest.

It also depends on the rotation, if they dont keep new characters coming every 3 months (which I dont think they will), then we will end up with a good income of currency which may help loosen the purse strings on those who dont want to change discs, but also allow players to float currency from one to the next. Over all this self feeding cycle should look different as we move through this new setup, which hasn't really had time to settle in yet.

First thing first, on a design level they need to determine for once and for all time what the intent of Conquest currency is. Is it for buying consumables, for buying gear, or for buying character shards?

Whichever of the three it’s intended for, that should be the only thing traveling jawas sell and the only thing in the Conquest store. The other things are given out as rewards from certain nodes. Either immediately or at the end of the event.

For example, assuming they determine that the intent is to buy gear with Conquest Currency, all the jawas that sell items will only sell gear or relic material. Every few nodes now, under current set up, there are jawas that sell consumables and no one ever buys them. So, instead of buying consumables, here you would receive free consumables distributed like a data disc cache—pick your node, pick the consumable you want, you’re good to go. Wherever there is currently a jawa that sells blueprints or character shards, instead reward the player with 5 free at the end of the event.

Why would it only be intended for one? It's not. Its intended to be used for the game mode, 2 of those elements are for the game play and have varying levels of importance to players depending on their roster.

On top of that game play element, one of the purposes of the game mode is to have a place to release characters repeatedly without worry of the pace being too far off of what they want (vs other methods where hoarding of various levels and roster composition can play a factor in how fast someone unlocks a toon).

Gear I think is there because there is a cap and they want to have something non game mode related to sell both during the breaks and for those who dont need consumables.

They are not likely to remove the player agency from how to use elements designed into the game mode. Keeping the resource management aspect intact and allowing players to choose their own path.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Why would it only be intended for one? It's not. Its intended to be used for the game mode, 2 of those elements are for the game play and have varying levels of importance to players depending on their roster.

On top of that game play element, one of the purposes of the game mode is to have a place to release characters repeatedly without worry of the pace being too far off of what they want (vs other methods where hoarding of various levels and roster composition can play a factor in how fast someone unlocks a toon).

Gear I think is there because there is a cap and they want to have something non game mode related to sell both during the breaks and for those who dont need consumables.

They are not likely to remove the player agency from how to use elements designed into the game mode. Keeping the resource management aspect intact and allowing players to choose their own path.

They've got more data than I do, but I'd be really interested to see how many players actually buy consumables.

There"# choice and then there's the illusion of choice. If they want us spending our currency one way, but everyone is spending it another--whether on characters or on gear--then there really isn't much of a choice going on, now is there? The only resource management going on is whether you spend 550 on one character or 400 on the other. That's at best a Hobson's choice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They've got more data than I do, but I'd be really interested to see how many players actually buy consumables.

There"# choice and then there's the illusion of choice. If they want us spending our currency one way, but everyone is spending it another--whether on characters or on gear--then there really isn't much of a choice going on, now is there? The only resource management going on is whether you spend 550 on one character or 400 on the other. That's at best a Hobson's choice.

They dont want us spending in any anything in particular, they just want us spending (as opposed to our choices with GET 1/2 for example). They give options and players make choices, with a cap involved yes there are many choices going on, because when you start to push against that, the currency starts to lose value and the value of each option changes.

If they do not keep rolling new toons into the system each 3 month period, then there is more managment and choices, as values change and people spend because there is no immediate need and resources coming in.

Which is why it's good the way it is.
  • Options
    General feedback for CG: I HATE the changes to Conquest. I could go into detail, but the list would basically be everything you did this time. Playing your game is just not worth the energy anymore. Just letting you know.
  • Options
    I think the rewards are a little off in normal. Tier 6 box has 2 injector, 3 g12+ and 2 g12.
    Tier 7 box has 2 injector 2 g12+, and 2 g12.
    I suppose the other increased rewards makes up for it but it seems counterintuitive to reduce a part of the reward for a higher tier prize box.
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    I’d be alright with just removing the 5-token cost to removing data disks, but I think that should be done.

Half of the fun in Conquest is how much we can customize how we play with the data disks, but the sheer value of CAT shards take away that option or make it VERY limited. Plus cards like TM Removal or TM Gain then end up unusable, because SLKR (player or boss) really turn those into a bad idea.

(That customization is one reason I’m rather glad DCS is gone, as... it was the only strategy. I wish there was some Cooldown-lowering Disk, but there’s a lot of things I wish were Disks...)
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Having just completed conquests on hard mode with my alt 5.5 mill gp, 1 GL Rey and totally free to play I would have to say well done to CG.

Although I enjoyed conquests from the outset I have enjoyed this run even more.

Instead of the cheese to win of the cooldown disks I had to switch disks, move mods and utilise consumables to get the max rewards.

It’s nice to have a game mode where you need to strategise to win!

Top Job and bring on the next conquests! 👍😀
  • Options
    Only real feedback is to make sure to change feats when you change bosses. It’s not just about whether a feat is harder or simpler depending on the new boss. It’s boring if we know we will be doing tm reduction for boss 2 and 4 every single conquest. Honestly, no boss, sector, or event feat should be repeated in the same exact spot two conquests in a row. Come up with new feats and not just recycled feats from challenges.

Get rid of disk swapping cost. It creates less engagement with disks. I’d love to play around with them more but I’m not going to spend currency unless needed
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    You know, playing this round of conquest more and more is just making it even more clear how lazy CG was this round. They did zero testing after changing the bosses and leaving all the feats as they are. CLS guarded with perma taunt needing 40 crits? TM reduction with Rey? Still no counters for any feats in the battle?

Cmon CG, don’t let this game mode turn into a negative. I think it’s time to start adding better features to conquest to make the experience better. Or let it become a chore and get your players to hate it. I mean, either or is cool I guess.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I’m ready for the sim button now lol.
    But seriously, this round was as fun as the first ones. Just in a different way.
    First rounds was new and fun and funny to have the ability to make characters go crazy heavy hitting monsters.
    This round was more difficult and that was as the fun.
    But line people are saying, just plugging in new teams is t enough this round. Change boss feats, make sure we don’t get 3 of the same disks in one slot. I had that happen more this round then the previous.
    If you expect large numbers for feats then we need a counter. 40 crit hits is long enough to pay attention to lol.
    And lastly get rid of the data swap charge. That just seems silly when you want us to try out data disks and different combos. With such a low amount we can save at one time putting a charge on swapping is just petty.
    Mod swapping costs but we can at least hold billions in currency.
  • Options
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    I am all done on hard mode. My alt is nearly at crate 6. While it’s different it doesn’t feel particularly harder. I finished a touch quicker this time in fact. 😀👍
    How selfish comment! If you are a whale player, just read other people's comments. If possible, please try with the characters (only relic 3-5, no GLs). Please then type your thoughts.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    advitam wrote: »
    I am all done on hard mode. My alt is nearly at crate 6. While it’s different it doesn’t feel particularly harder. I finished a touch quicker this time in fact. 😀👍
    How selfish comment! If you are a whale player, just read other people's comments. If possible, please try with the characters (only relic 3-5, no GLs). Please then type your thoughts.
    That’s how feedback works: each player share its own experience. Then it’s CG’s job to browse through all that (with additional data that we won’t see on the forums) and decide if there is something to correct/improve.
  • Options
    Why would anyone not use the best of their roster? GLs are extremely common now, it's perfectly fine if hard mode can't be beaten without having at least one GL.

Some obnoxious feats aside, I prefer this new difficulty. And even with those feats, I'd take this version. You can still get max crate while skipping 3 (or possibly even more) feats and at least now max rewards are not a giveaway as in previous conquest.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I’m just a 7 measly points from unlocking the max reward crate. The only obstruction is the Boss 4, 5 and their feats.

It seems impossible at the moment.
    Post edited by khdelboy on
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Totally fair to share one’s thoughts. It is also fair to disagree (I know I do, this Conquest is nowhere near as “fun” for me and I’ll still get max crate), but calling them out for having fun is rude. Selfish, Rycannon is not.

CG really messed up Conquest release imo. The mode should have started with this difficulty so players had this expectation. Then if the difficulty was eased, players wouldn’t complain near as much as they are now. If the difficulty was again bumped, there would be clear precedent of difficulty from the beginning. Just an idea.

Lastly, I still enjoy this mode but it did feel much more like a grind this time in comparison to other runs to me. Had it started off like with this difficulty I would still have enjoyed it, but the grind aspect wouldn’t be quite as prevalent in my mind.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    As another suggestion, this event could be scaled back to 1 week and run 2 times a month. By scaled I mean all feats, rewards, sectors etc. to end up equalized over the course of 2 weeks simply split up over 2 event runs. This would, in my mind, alleviate some of the “grind” feel.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I think the rewards are a little off in normal. Tier 6 box has 2 injector, 3 g12+ and 2 g12.
    Tier 7 box has 2 injector 2 g12+, and 2 g12.
    I suppose the other increased rewards makes up for it but it seems counterintuitive to reduce a part of the reward for a higher tier prize box.

The rewards are predicated on where your roster is. The assumption being that if you're getting the red box you don't need more g12+, you need more high end relic materials and character shards. If, on the other hand, you finish with, say, tier 5 rewards, then you get less of those high end materials and more general gear to get you over the tier 5 hump.
This discussion has been closed.