Is KAM mission getting fixed before LS Geo?

Replies

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Are you preparing differently because you don't know if it will be fixed?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    See….this is what I’m talking about. Why wasn’t that posted here on the office forums? Communication is not hard. If it wasn’t for Panda, most of us wouldn’t know that great bit of info.

Because what Doja posted in that server is not concrete and still ends up giving us more questions

He'll write an official post on this subject in the forums soon, I think he's trying to confirm if the schedule will be shifted around or not, before announcing about it

Rather than have an initial post saying we might shift things around and then another saying they fixed it and no longer delaying TB, in my opinion its better to see if they are able to fix it without delaying TB and announcing that its now fixed instead

I would welcome more posts from him saying that they are looking into things that matter to the community on a much more frequent basis. Posting a quick initial post wouldn’t take hardly anytime, doesn’t promise anything and let’s us know that they are indeed looking into it, officially…not to mention it would totally eliminate a need for a thread like this. He could then update us, by updating the post, on what they came up with after it’s finalized. To quote Urz “ It’s eeeasy”.

Its doesnt answer this thread, so it would make no difference to this thread existing. It's is a rehash of similar information posted. This question could still appear as there is no answer to it at this moment. It's not hard to see that, so it also is eeeasy.
    "Hia Holotable heroes, LSGTB is coming up soon and the Stand Your Ground bug is still being investigated and turns out there needs to be a client update before that can get fixed. So, we're working on a solution to that as well. Nothing is confirmed, but we may finagle the schedule a bit to get the fix in and run the same amount of events as we normally would during the upcoming period, just with a slightly different cadence. I will be sure to follow up and provide messaging surrounding the changes (if things do in fact get shuffled)or if any compensation will be granted

I added the underlined parts. If he would have posted that yesterday morning, this thread would not exist and all the forums users would be better informed. As I said above, this would not have taken any time, doesn't promise anything and lets everyone know the current status. Sometimes information needs to be rehashed, especially when its something that's important as KAM (who may or may not be an upcoming GL requirement) and besides, that info is 3 weeks old.

The question was, will it be fixed before the event launches. Please underline the part where that is expressly answered, so that this thread would not need to exist.

If it's not promising anything, then no one is better informed than , it's under investigation. All he is saying is it's under investigation in a longer way.

I agree that it can help to rehash information, but that doesnt mean more information was added or that it is helpful in any way towards that actual problem.

I don’t want to speak on behalf of Inyak, but it’s pretty clear from the framing of the OP that they see the start of The next LS TB as a “deadline” for a fix coming in time, because CG has said time and time again that they don’t want to do fixes in the middle of these events. If they don’t fix it before the start of TB, then players would have to do the KAM mission while the bug still persists, which is why Inyak made this thread. Doja’s message doesn’t give a concrete y/n answer but does open the door to the possibility that TB gets rescheduled so they can get the fix in before it runs, which we did not know was a possibility until he said so. So while Doja couldn’t explicitly answer the question, he gave us more information to alleviate some worries that people are having, and I doubt this thread would have been made had he posted something like this on the forum, because then we would just wait for him to come back with more information. If you can’t do simple reading in between the lines and insist on taking everything literally, then I don’t know what else to say

He said it's possible, not that they are going to do it, anything is possible. It's also possible that they leave it this way and run the TB as scheduled. It solves/resolves nothing. The question is still valid, and any possibility of changing the schedule doesnt make the start time of LSTB any less of a deadline.

Let's wait and see what actually happens.

Yes anything is technically possible. It's possible, however unlikely, that they decide tomorrow to randomly delete malak from the game.

I would say the chance of them shifting the schedule to be much higher since they are looking at it as an option. So the comparison of "anything is possible" isn't all that great here.

Yes, but that's my point this has always been a possibility, but it doesnt answer the question of will it be fixed before the TB runs.

Yes the calendar shifting is always a possibility but not very likely. But with them considering it, it is much more likely than before. That is good information to have. So there's really nothing wrong with updating us.

I know if tb changes, I'd rather know a bit ahead than be blindsided by it at the last minute.

Why update us when they can just not say anything at all? Saying nothing is way easier.

Saying something when they have something that will actually take place is the easiest and least messy.

Hard disagree. As has been pointed out to you many times in this thread, coming here to say what they said on the Discord yesterday is not messy or hard. It promises nothing but lets the player base at large know what's going on. I mean, I know that's not usually what they do, but it would certainly be nice if they did.

But as in life things dont always work out the way you want. Which is how things get messy, like they are right now.

What would have been cleaner and less messy would be not saying what he said and announcing something when it was a thing (if it becomes one) later.

So you're saying their strategy is to simply never tell us anything at all until they absolutely have to? Despite being asked to do otherwise for almost 6 years?

Easier and less messy, yes.

Look what happens when they try to expand and do things, people get really upset over things that are really non information statements, and will likely be posted here too, just "not quick enough".

I am very serious in saying this seems like one of those real world examples of " this is why we cant have nice things".

I totally get the messy point; but I want to call this an unconventional situation. Because of the simple fact that we're on a specific schedule and LS Geo is fast approaching and CG stated they'd have it fixed BEFORE LS Geo starts. Not hearing anything made me nervous, so I posted the question. I'd be fine with Doja posting an update even if it's to say "well it's more complicated than we thought, we're going to fix it BUT we might need to push LS Geo back and shuffle the schedule slightly." It would have answered my question at least partly (as in, no they're not launching LS Geo without the bug fixed) and would be information I can relate to my guild and our alliance. Just hearing silence makes me much more nervous than "updates" (even if there's limited info to update us with) do.

Glad to hear there's a post coming though.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    See….this is what I’m talking about. Why wasn’t that posted here on the office forums? Communication is not hard. If it wasn’t for Panda, most of us wouldn’t know that great bit of info.

Because what Doja posted in that server is not concrete and still ends up giving us more questions

He'll write an official post on this subject in the forums soon, I think he's trying to confirm if the schedule will be shifted around or not, before announcing about it

Rather than have an initial post saying we might shift things around and then another saying they fixed it and no longer delaying TB, in my opinion its better to see if they are able to fix it without delaying TB and announcing that its now fixed instead

I would welcome more posts from him saying that they are looking into things that matter to the community on a much more frequent basis. Posting a quick initial post wouldn’t take hardly anytime, doesn’t promise anything and let’s us know that they are indeed looking into it, officially…not to mention it would totally eliminate a need for a thread like this. He could then update us, by updating the post, on what they came up with after it’s finalized. To quote Urz “ It’s eeeasy”.

Its doesnt answer this thread, so it would make no difference to this thread existing. It's is a rehash of similar information posted. This question could still appear as there is no answer to it at this moment. It's not hard to see that, so it also is eeeasy.
    "Hia Holotable heroes, LSGTB is coming up soon and the Stand Your Ground bug is still being investigated and turns out there needs to be a client update before that can get fixed. So, we're working on a solution to that as well. Nothing is confirmed, but we may finagle the schedule a bit to get the fix in and run the same amount of events as we normally would during the upcoming period, just with a slightly different cadence. I will be sure to follow up and provide messaging surrounding the changes (if things do in fact get shuffled)or if any compensation will be granted

I added the underlined parts. If he would have posted that yesterday morning, this thread would not exist and all the forums users would be better informed. As I said above, this would not have taken any time, doesn't promise anything and lets everyone know the current status. Sometimes information needs to be rehashed, especially when its something that's important as KAM (who may or may not be an upcoming GL requirement) and besides, that info is 3 weeks old.

The question was, will it be fixed before the event launches. Please underline the part where that is expressly answered, so that this thread would not need to exist.

If it's not promising anything, then no one is better informed than , it's under investigation. All he is saying is it's under investigation in a longer way.

I agree that it can help to rehash information, but that doesnt mean more information was added or that it is helpful in any way towards that actual problem.

I don’t want to speak on behalf of Inyak, but it’s pretty clear from the framing of the OP that they see the start of The next LS TB as a “deadline” for a fix coming in time, because CG has said time and time again that they don’t want to do fixes in the middle of these events. If they don’t fix it before the start of TB, then players would have to do the KAM mission while the bug still persists, which is why Inyak made this thread. Doja’s message doesn’t give a concrete y/n answer but does open the door to the possibility that TB gets rescheduled so they can get the fix in before it runs, which we did not know was a possibility until he said so. So while Doja couldn’t explicitly answer the question, he gave us more information to alleviate some worries that people are having, and I doubt this thread would have been made had he posted something like this on the forum, because then we would just wait for him to come back with more information. If you can’t do simple reading in between the lines and insist on taking everything literally, then I don’t know what else to say

He said it's possible, not that they are going to do it, anything is possible. It's also possible that they leave it this way and run the TB as scheduled. It solves/resolves nothing. The question is still valid, and any possibility of changing the schedule doesnt make the start time of LSTB any less of a deadline.

Yes anything is technically possible. It's possible, however unlikely, that they decide tomorrow to randomly delete malak from the game.

I would say the chance of them shifting the schedule to be much higher since they are looking at it as an option. So the comparison of "anything is possible" isn't all that great here.

Yes, but that's my point this has always been a possibility, but it doesnt answer the question of will it be fixed before the TB runs.

Yes the calendar shifting is always a possibility but not very likely. But with them considering it, it is much more likely than before. That is good information to have. So there's really nothing wrong with updating us.

I know if tb changes, I'd rather know a bit ahead than be blindsided by it at the last minute.

Why update us when they can just not say anything at all? Saying nothing is way easier.

Saying something when they have something that will actually take place is the easiest and least messy.

Hard disagree. As has been pointed out to you many times in this thread, coming here to say what they said on the Discord yesterday is not messy or hard. It promises nothing but lets the player base at large know what's going on. I mean, I know that's not usually what they do, but it would certainly be nice if they did.

But as in life things dont always work out the way you want. Which is how things get messy, like they are right now.

What would have been cleaner and less messy would be not saying what he said and announcing something when it was a thing (if it becomes one) later.

So you're saying their strategy is to simply never tell us anything at all until they absolutely have to? Despite being asked to do otherwise for almost 6 years?

Look what happens when they try to expand and do things, people get really upset over things that are really non information statements, and will likely be posted here too, just "not quick enough".

I am very serious in saying this seems like one of those real world examples of " this is why we cant have nice things".

Seems to me like it would have been significantly less messy to just come here and post that reverting SYG functionality required a title update and so they didn't know if it would be fixed in time, even though they previously said it would be fixed prior to next TB. Instead, here we are, two pages deep on a thread that wouldn't have existed if they had posted it here as well.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

We are. The strategy is different if gaining protection up works differently in that mission than it does in every other game mode.
  • Options

Seems to me like it would have been significantly less messy to just come here and post that reverting SYG functionality required a title update and so they didn't know if it would be fixed in time, even though they previously said it would be fixed prior to next TB. Instead, here we are, two pages deep on a thread that wouldn't have existed if they had posted it here as well.

Two pages isn't messy. Two pages is like a small timeline divergence. It won't need pruned until it hits 8 or 10 pages. Much more than that and it's past the red line.

Sorry for the Loki reference on a star wars forum but the analogy fits.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

We are. The strategy is different if gaining protection up works differently in that mission than it does in every other game mode.

Strategy is what you use in the battle.

I asked if you are preparing differently.
  • Options

Tactics are what you use in the battle. Strategy includes planning for what you bring into battle. Ex whether or not to take a toon to r7 before the next tb or to allocate those resources elsewhere.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

Rest assured that the team is trying to get this fixed before the next KAM mission

Doja's post in the events server indicates they might shuffle around the schedule (run TW again then back to back TB) if needed to get this resolved

In my opinion, They are going to have the same number of events (TW/TB) in the month, but shuffled around to make sure they can get SYG fixed before the next run
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Rest assured that the team is trying to get this fixed before the next KAM mission

Doja's post in the events server indicates they might shuffle around the schedule (run TW again then back to back TB) if needed to get this resolved

In my opinion, They are going to have the same number of events (TW/TB) in the month, but shuffled around to make sure they can get SYG fixed before the next run

I have no doubt they are working on (or have already changed) the problem. But as of now, as they have made no official announcement, we must act as if they will not have it fixed by TB, regardless that they said they would.

I would be fine with a reshuffling of events, but there are lots of moving parts with such things. More communication is always better, and CG has simply reverted back to the CG way: say nothing because we give them money regardless.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Tactics are what you use in the battle. Strategy includes planning for what you bring into battle. Ex whether or not to take a toon to r7 before the next tb or to allocate those resources elsewhere.

Semantics aside, just wait until you have more information before using resources. That's what I do and I'm super happy :sunglasses:
  • Options

Semantics aside, just wait until you have more information before using resources. That's what I do and I'm super happy :sunglasses:

That is often but not always an option. Depending on what the return or deadline may be for the next best option.

For example say you are considering taking fives from r5 to r7 for the kam mission because you barely lost last time. Let's say you could alternatively use those resources to boost another toon to r5 to round out a cpit team. If the event is fixed, you may decide that the cpit team is the way to go. If it's not fixed but they run it anyway, you may go with fives for the kam shard. If they delay, you may go with the cpit figuring you have time for more relic materials for the kam team.

If the cpit runs this week, waiting does potentially have the cost of not having the extra cpit team.

Just a made up example but definitely one at least a few people are going to face.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

That is often but not always an option. Depending on what the return or deadline may be for the next best option.

For example say you are considering taking fives from r5 to r7 for the kam mission because you barely lost last time. Let's say you could alternatively use those resources to boost another toon to r5 to round out a cpit team. If the event is fixed, you may decide that the cpit team is the way to go. If it's not fixed but they run it anyway, you may go with fives for the kam shard. If they delay, you may go with the cpit figuring you have time for more relic materials for the kam team.

If the cpit runs this week, waiting does potentially have the cost of not having the extra cpit team.

Just a made up example but definitely one at least a few people are going to face.

It's one cpit run. I don't see how that's worth a decision.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

And that one run, or lack there of, could keep you out of the top 10, thus hurting your r8 grind.

If you didn't sweat the *potential* difference of 2 mats for a single run you'd be much happier, friend.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

And that one run, or lack there of, could keep you out of the top 10, thus hurting your r8 grind.

If you didn't sweat the *potential* difference of 2 mats for a single run you'd be much happier, friend.

Oh, I don’t sweet it. I have plenty of those mats. 😎

I was using the royal you.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    And the royal friend.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I think there is a different process for him posting what he said there vs here, even if it is the same thing. And as I said, he was/is, it's just happening at different times.

The question is still not answered and timing factors in, so we can agree to disagree about this post being here. As for 2 pages, much of this is skirting the topic.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I have no doubt they are working on (or have already changed) the problem. But as of now, as they have made no official announcement, we must act as if they will not have it fixed by TB, regardless that they said they would.

I would be fine with a reshuffling of events, but there are lots of moving parts with such things. More communication is always better, and CG has simply reverted back to the CG way: say nothing because we give them money regardless.

Anything that would have come before the fix is "ready" puts the player base in the same situation as we are before that post was made. Its not about who give who anything. It's about the fact that nothing has or can change in this situation (we cant make protection up happen or change modes enough to really counter this change). So it's either fixed or its not and knowing they are working on it and have options doesnt change squat.

This is in this particular case, I am not actually advocating for less comms, but more understanding that to get more comms, we may not want to always jump on the person doing it at every turn.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I’m TVF’s King ya’ll!!

So Doja can say things publicly elsewhere but has to go through approval here for the exact same comment? Strange.

I believe so, yes. Not about who is king, but about posts made to the official forum.
  • Options

I’m TVF’s King ya’ll!!

So Doja can say things publicly elsewhere but has to go through approval here for the exact same comment? Strange.

I believe so, yes. Not about who is king, but about posts made to the official forum.

That's strange. You would think they would have the same restrictions.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    It makes sense, discord is like twitter. Forums are owned by EA.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I think there is a different process for him posting what he said there vs here, even if it is the same thing. And as I said, he was/is, it's just happening at different times.

The question is still not answered and timing factors in, so we can agree to disagree about this post being here. As for 2 pages, much of this is skirting the topic.

Sure it's a different process. Whatever he says there is 100% subject to change and not really official. I understand that. But not everyone is on there, or knows when Doja is there and says things. This being the official forum, why not come on here and say that the issue is not yet reverted, it requires a title update, and therefore either will not happen before TB or will require that events be shuffled? That is not difficult, or messy.

And it doesn't answer the verbiage of the question, but it does answer the spirit of the question.

Anything that would have come before the fix is "ready" puts the player base in the same situation as we are before that post was made. Its not about who give who anything. It's about the fact that nothing has or can change in this situation (we cant make protection up happen or change modes enough to really counter this change). So it's either fixed or its not and knowing they are working on it and have options doesnt change squat.

This is in this particular case, I am not actually advocating for less comms, but more understanding that to get more comms, we may not want to always jump on the person doing it at every turn.

You are definitely advocating for less communications. This entire thread (and a couple others, actually) you are saying that they *shouldn't* say anything at all because communications that change are bad. This is functionally you saying that they say too much, therefore it is you advocating for them to say less than they already do (which is very little).

And it's not really about changing the situation. It's about giving your playerbase information. For 6 years we have been asking for more information. Occasionally they pretend to try, but they always revert to their natural state of silence.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

I’m TVF’s King ya’ll!!

Official announcements having stricter protocol is a good thing or else everyone would criticize them and Capital Games for anything he casually says in an official capacity
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I’m TVF’s King ya’ll!!

Official announcements having stricter protocol is a good thing or else everyone would criticize them and Capital Games for anything he casually says in an official capacity

Well, they have officially promised to fix this by Saturday. It's Wednesday. At what point should we expect an official announcement that they won't be fixing it by Saturday?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You do realize this is actually what's happening, and not the non committal answer he gave on discord right?

Anyway, we have our answer to the op.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

You do realize this is actually what's happening, and not the non committal answer he gave on discord right?

Anyway, we have our answer to the op.

We have 1/2 the answer. No word on any compensation. I would love some KAM shards as I lost the battle last go round because of this issue.

Too bad for you CG doesn't care about any of that.