[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• everyone needs to remember with the changes that are gonna happen.the devolpers dont care about f2p people's opinions this games sole purpose is to make money, which is provided by whales and krakens. people like me who spend a couple hundred a year are irrelevant
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    On one hand, thanks for the neotes from the podcast. On the other hand, that wasn't an optimistic read.
    Ships will be effectively reduced to single meta fleet. I thought they were moving away from that?
    What even is "meta below GL level"? Unless GLs are outright banned from a game mode, it hardly matters.
    They don't want to blanket nerf GL counters, they just don't want any that actually work.
    'there should be a drive to unlock characters at the top tier spend'
    There will be mismatches in TW and GAC, they will be worse than now, but nothing will be done.
    Is "passive plans" a new term for "no plans"?
    The only part I find positive is the Conquest overhaul. It's time to move beyond the bare bones version.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • So I’m still a little confused. Will they be changing the GAC matchups to now only have players with GLs match up against other players with GLs? Seems a little unfair if you have a GL player match up against a non-GL player even though their GP might be comparable?
  • Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    From the update:

"This should result in little to no interference with the timeline of playing through the next three Conquests and reaping the resulting rewards of your efforts there."

My CAT sitting at 230/330 shards while other people have her fully unlocked begs to differ.
  • Honestly the non GL counters are not easy to pull off at all. If you make one mistake it’s over. A preloaded gl team even if it’s just the GL him/her self is almost unbeatable. I think the difficulty of the GLs are more than sufficient against non GL counters. In fact in my own opinion JMK needs a nerf. It is so hard to beat him with even other GLs. I can’t imagine beating him once everything gets nerfed to oblivion.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    CmdrS0l0 wrote: »
    So I’m still a little confused. Will they be changing the GAC matchups to now only have players with GLs match up against other players with GLs? Seems a little unfair if you have a GL player match up against a non-GL player even though their GP might be comparable?

No, they’re going to take their patented approach of “wait and see” for however long they deem necessary if there will be any changes at all.
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    Honestly the non GL counters are not easy to pull off at all. If you make one mistake it’s over. A preloaded gl team even if it’s just the GL him/her self is almost unbeatable. I think the difficulty of the GLs are more than sufficient against non GL counters. In fact in my own opinion JMK needs a nerf. It is so hard to beat him with even other GLs. I can’t imagine beating him once everything gets nerfed to oblivion.

Idk about needing to nerf JMK but the point about non GL counters is spot on.
  • Another thing is the gear crunch. Very soon I’d say within less than 6 months people will no longer have the gear to go above relic 2 without spending energy to get them. Just to get carbonite circuit boards has been a hassle. My highest gear count for that piece is 70 pieces and it goes far less than that. I will literally have to farm gear 1 pieces just for the first relic pieces. And now they are implementing 9?? IMO if you are going to add more relic numbers they should not require the same relic pieces as the smaller relic numbers. Add an event or a hard assault battle or even a new raid or better yet more mythic events for the new journey characters. Let the rewards be the new relic pieces but have the new relic only require that unique type of relic piece but is not easy to get. Now that to me is content.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Sooooo let's get this out of the way ...

Has CG replied to any of the post yet ?
    Is Doja leaving CG ? Why the silence and crumb taking the lead ?
    When is the update dropping (Specific date)

And I guess the most important question ??
    - what data is CG using to arrive at this conclusion in the road ahead ?

Yes they have.

No. Because 1 - he is the lead, 2 - a little bit of not our business, not being rude, just saying people have lives.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.
    I Can understand that you need to do some changes but I don’t get the many of the nerfs like Thrawn and C 3po, how can this be related to relic levels?

Also if you read the comment it pretty clear that relic 9 is not wanted at this time especially since even the biggest whales are having a hard time reaching relic 8.

If my personal income was depending of a game like this and I got such a massive negative feedback I would be very worried

The defense ignoring and such is what is based on relic levels, some of the other changes were based on making/keeping GLs in the tip tier vs counters requiring lower investment (their words not me defending anything).

There will always be conflict when it comes to pushing development and the pace that which it can happen. Just like good character levels, shouldn't high level relic be harder to get or take longer? (Not taling about the other pinch points along the way)

The game is always dying, and each thing will always be the last straw. They look at the constructive feedback and they do their best to advocate for what they can when things like this happen. Unfortunately the player base is not always going to have the knowledge or wherewithal to gauge long term effects or future content/additions. Or the ability this may grant devs to make new toons at many levels more efficiently or possibly update older toons. This is not the players fault or anything like that, it's just the nature of being on the outside. I am also not saying this is right or the only way it could be. Or anything like that.

Kyno nobody has issues with rebalancing due to interactions with defense. That’s fine. However based on crumbs posts and the RA video itself, it’s clear they’re doing this to also neutralize non GL counters. That’s not ok, especially when after over a hundred pages regarding SEE and troopers, posts about JML vs DR, etc all of it was deemed WAI and ok by the devs. They had given it the green light and people invested specifically for counters to GL’s. Now they’re actively taking that investment away.

As for the gear crunch, sure the newest thing should be the hardest to obtain sure. Unfortunately there’s hasn’t been any alleviation from GEAR 8 gear crunches… when getting from g8 to G12 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G12 to G13 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G13 to R7 is still a massive grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from R7 to R8 is a huge resource sink and only several months old, more progression is not ok. Getting from R8 to R9 is going to be a massive resource dump if R8 is any indication, and what’s more they keep forcing us to use the same relic materials all the way from R1 through R8. Every single piece is the same beyond R5. Carbonite boards, bronzium wiring, chromium transistors, heatsinks, electrium conductors, zimbiddles and of course the signal data’s….that’s just relic.

Come on Kyno, I get you defending them as par the course but there’s nothing you can say to justify even more progression when G8 gear is still an issue 5 years into the game.

I was specifically speaking to the player talking about intro of 9 when 8 is hard to get and expressed that, but that's for ignoring that and saying I am in any way defending anything about gear levels. Cheers.

And I touched on that. R8 to R9 should still be difficult. Even getting to R8 should be tougher but any other mobile game in existence, even MSF with how money hungry and greedy they are have made gear progression easier as your time in the game goes on. Blue and purple gear? Used to be massive choke points like their G13 uniques and G15 currently are. Now? Purple gear is nothing. Getting to G12 is only bottlenecked by gold and training mats; which one will more available than the other, balancing it out over time.

CG hasn’t done that. At all. They’ve actually made the grind from G8-g13 worse with the introduction of kyro techs. Another 2 gear pieces to farm under the guise of it “alleviating the stun gun crunch” lmao nope, still there! Just worse now.

What you’re missing the point on even with the person you were talking to is that it’s not an issue of a several month old gear level being hard to obtain. It’s a 5 year old gear issue still being a massive choke point.

I’m sorry but listening to crumb dance around the question regarding the gear economy in that podcast was the most disingenuous and maddening thing from that whole segment. He’s literally saying that they know how to get more gear to us but don’t want to because they don’t want to completely lose those bottlenecks at lower levels over time. Excuse me? I get keeping those bottlenecks in place so new accounts don’t just gear up in one week, but players that have been in the game for a year or two, let alone since day one, should not be unable to bring characters to G12 with little inconvenience given the bottlenecks still in place at G12, G12+, G13 and every relic level.

But you are wrong, they have dealt with it "naturally" like they said they are sticking to, at the moment. That is why we have increased income of many pieces over time. Yes this was been fairly in line with the need, which keeps the pace where it is, but that is also needed. We have not slowed in any of these incomes which would be a sign of them not doing anything to address this.

I am also disheartened by the direct statement that we will not see more of a distinct action to deal with gear (although I have been suspecting as such from the discussions I have had/seen), but I still think there are still possibilities for them to deal with this through existing game modes.

I have not listened yet, but I get that, they still want a development cycle in the early stages like we had then.

Also, their “natural” fixes haven’t done anything to specifically target gear crunches that are hindering us all. Crumb mentioned Conquest and GC’s….umm no that doesn’t guarantee even crunch gear rewarded when you have mk4 carbs and guns in the prize boxes and nerf the rewards as you progress rather than reward more. Same for GC’s as that’s more tuned for mod slicing materials.

What natural things? The daily prize box? I’m sorry I think it’s been almost a month since I saw mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs or mk8 biotech as a prize from there.

Kyro’s? That made the gear grind WORSE. Not better

Raid rewards? The same tank rewards in both HAAT and HSTR? Mk6 thermals? Mk4 holodiscs. Mk10 and 11 weapontechs? To this day the best rewards are in the normal Rancor Raids. Crancor is a mixed bag because you could end up with G5 gear or something as great as fully crafted mk5 gun or kyro templates. However to this day I’ve gotten none of that. The best I got was fully crafted G12 gear like the mk12 blast armor.

Where’s the natural help?

How to actually fix it?

Daily challenge rewards? Oh look a solution….

Guaranteeing gear drops or upping the drop rates? I mean….that could work too.

Reworking prize boxes in current game modes? That could work too

There’s several ways for the to do it. They can do it. What they lack is will or the capacity
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    Another thing is the gear crunch. Very soon I’d say within less than 6 months people will no longer have the gear to go above relic 2 without spending energy to get them. .

While I cannot speak to the accuracy of your predicted timeline, the general intention is WAI presumably - from CG's perspective.
  • CG, why can’t you understand what players want? It’s so obvious that this is a total money grab for a game that has no passion in it. Not one single character wants relic 9, nobody wants to be forced into going for a galactic legend, nobody wants another capital ship when the ships side of things is absolutely garbage. We want an easier gear grind, we want better match making. You are pushing out smaller guilds and free to play players and it’s a joke
  • Love how the devs on one had praise the community's theory crafting abilities but then follow it up with huge "but no" by stating that the non-GL counters trivialize GLs. Yeah, totally, shame when G11 Vaders/GASs/JKLs are taking down GLs by just simply breathing on them.
  • to be honest I don't understand these moves, on the one hand the release of hyperdrybe was for, saying they invite new players, with 2 banging something like this. the problem is not even g12, but everything between g8-g12. same gear for LV for BB and Tusk raider is 1000 carbanite, 1200 kyro, 500 still cuffs. And these are only 4 characters. On average, in a month, including the maximum number of rallies, 4, you can buy about 1000 carbanite from the guild store, i.e. the farm for these characters is over 2 months. not to mention that the drops are those from rallies is pathetic, with hstr places 1-3 almost no full crafted g12 + is a joke.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CmdrS0l0 wrote: »
    So I’m still a little confused. Will they be changing the GAC matchups to now only have players with GLs match up against other players with GLs? Seems a little unfair if you have a GL player match up against a non-GL player even though their GP might be comparable?

Currently, no there are no plans to change matchmaking, but this is being discussed and monitored.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    I think it’s probably time for another avatar change haha. Don’t think you’re matching theme anymore. 😂

I am a cotton-headed ninny muggins.

That you are. 😂 Couldn’t have said it better myself.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If Crumb's post and the podcast are all the replies we're getting, then I'm not sure I've learned anything new since the announcement. And if that is the only response we're getting, bummer.

Kyno, you keep repeating answers we've already heard. The problem is that their answer is not good enough, not that we haven't seen it. Those same words could be used to justify a nerf to GLs and a boost to the counters. We have not seen, because they have not shared, anything tangible to back up their claims. And many of us don't trust them because their responses often seem detached from our experience as players.

This is why I'm so bothered by them muzzling these supposedly prominent play testers. If every die hard SWGOH player's favorite content creator could say, "I've seen these changes implemented on the test server. I know it sounds like a lot, but trust me, it won't be as bad as it sounds." Then you wouldn't have a community uproar. But from a group that thought cPit 1.0 was acceptable? Well I have no faith in them.

If you think they are dishonest, no answers will ever be enough. They are not likely to share direct values or details.

I'm not sure of a single game that has a beta program and allows those players to speak about the testing done. They dont need your faith.

MSF allowed their prominent content creators to test their new (at the time) ISO-8 system AND allowed them to talk about their experiences a few weeks before it actually released. So there’s your single game that allows players to talk about testing
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes they have.

No. Because 1 - he is the lead, 2 - a little bit of not our business, not being rude, just saying people have lives.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.
    I Can understand that you need to do some changes but I don’t get the many of the nerfs like Thrawn and C 3po, how can this be related to relic levels?

Also if you read the comment it pretty clear that relic 9 is not wanted at this time especially since even the biggest whales are having a hard time reaching relic 8.

If my personal income was depending of a game like this and I got such a massive negative feedback I would be very worried

The defense ignoring and such is what is based on relic levels, some of the other changes were based on making/keeping GLs in the tip tier vs counters requiring lower investment (their words not me defending anything).

There will always be conflict when it comes to pushing development and the pace that which it can happen. Just like good character levels, shouldn't high level relic be harder to get or take longer? (Not taling about the other pinch points along the way)

The game is always dying, and each thing will always be the last straw. They look at the constructive feedback and they do their best to advocate for what they can when things like this happen. Unfortunately the player base is not always going to have the knowledge or wherewithal to gauge long term effects or future content/additions. Or the ability this may grant devs to make new toons at many levels more efficiently or possibly update older toons. This is not the players fault or anything like that, it's just the nature of being on the outside. I am also not saying this is right or the only way it could be. Or anything like that.

Kyno nobody has issues with rebalancing due to interactions with defense. That’s fine. However based on crumbs posts and the RA video itself, it’s clear they’re doing this to also neutralize non GL counters. That’s not ok, especially when after over a hundred pages regarding SEE and troopers, posts about JML vs DR, etc all of it was deemed WAI and ok by the devs. They had given it the green light and people invested specifically for counters to GL’s. Now they’re actively taking that investment away.

As for the gear crunch, sure the newest thing should be the hardest to obtain sure. Unfortunately there’s hasn’t been any alleviation from GEAR 8 gear crunches… when getting from g8 to G12 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G12 to G13 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G13 to R7 is still a massive grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from R7 to R8 is a huge resource sink and only several months old, more progression is not ok. Getting from R8 to R9 is going to be a massive resource dump if R8 is any indication, and what’s more they keep forcing us to use the same relic materials all the way from R1 through R8. Every single piece is the same beyond R5. Carbonite boards, bronzium wiring, chromium transistors, heatsinks, electrium conductors, zimbiddles and of course the signal data’s….that’s just relic.

Come on Kyno, I get you defending them as par the course but there’s nothing you can say to justify even more progression when G8 gear is still an issue 5 years into the game.

I was specifically speaking to the player talking about intro of 9 when 8 is hard to get and expressed that, but that's for ignoring that and saying I am in any way defending anything about gear levels. Cheers.

And I touched on that. R8 to R9 should still be difficult. Even getting to R8 should be tougher but any other mobile game in existence, even MSF with how money hungry and greedy they are have made gear progression easier as your time in the game goes on. Blue and purple gear? Used to be massive choke points like their G13 uniques and G15 currently are. Now? Purple gear is nothing. Getting to G12 is only bottlenecked by gold and training mats; which one will more available than the other, balancing it out over time.

CG hasn’t done that. At all. They’ve actually made the grind from G8-g13 worse with the introduction of kyro techs. Another 2 gear pieces to farm under the guise of it “alleviating the stun gun crunch” lmao nope, still there! Just worse now.

What you’re missing the point on even with the person you were talking to is that it’s not an issue of a several month old gear level being hard to obtain. It’s a 5 year old gear issue still being a massive choke point.

I’m sorry but listening to crumb dance around the question regarding the gear economy in that podcast was the most disingenuous and maddening thing from that whole segment. He’s literally saying that they know how to get more gear to us but don’t want to because they don’t want to completely lose those bottlenecks at lower levels over time. Excuse me? I get keeping those bottlenecks in place so new accounts don’t just gear up in one week, but players that have been in the game for a year or two, let alone since day one, should not be unable to bring characters to G12 with little inconvenience given the bottlenecks still in place at G12, G12+, G13 and every relic level.

But you are wrong, they have dealt with it "naturally" like they said they are sticking to, at the moment. That is why we have increased income of many pieces over time. Yes this was been fairly in line with the need, which keeps the pace where it is, but that is also needed. We have not slowed in any of these incomes which would be a sign of them not doing anything to address this.

I am also disheartened by the direct statement that we will not see more of a distinct action to deal with gear (although I have been suspecting as such from the discussions I have had/seen), but I still think there are still possibilities for them to deal with this through existing game modes.

I have not listened yet, but I get that, they still want a development cycle in the early stages like we had then.

Also, their “natural” fixes haven’t done anything to specifically target gear crunches that are hindering us all. Crumb mentioned Conquest and GC’s….umm no that doesn’t guarantee even crunch gear rewarded when you have mk4 carbs and guns in the prize boxes and nerf the rewards as you progress rather than reward more. Same for GC’s as that’s more tuned for mod slicing materials.

What natural things? The daily prize box? I’m sorry I think it’s been almost a month since I saw mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs or mk8 biotech as a prize from there.

Raid rewards? The same tank rewards in both HAAT and HSTR? Mk6 thermals? Mk4 holodiscs. Mk10 and 11 weapontechs? To this day the best rewards are in the normal Rancor Raids. Crancor is a mixed bag because you could end up with G5 gear or something as great as fully crafted mk5 gun or kyro templates. However to this day I’ve gotten none of that. The best I got was fully crafted G12 gear like the mk12 blast armor.

How to actually fix it?

There’s several ways for the to do it. They can do it. What they lack is will or the capacity

How early does a player get r3 or r5? Having enough characters to do daily challenges doeant really sound like a later stage of a roster.

What current prize boxes have an sort of real divide? Basically Conquest is the only one.

There are not several ways that actually offer any divide, which is what they seem to be looking for.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    BRKS1999 wrote: »
    nobody wants another capital ship when the ships side of things is absolutely garbage.

I do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    If Crumb's post and the podcast are all the replies we're getting, then I'm not sure I've learned anything new since the announcement. And if that is the only response we're getting, bummer.

Kyno, you keep repeating answers we've already heard. The problem is that their answer is not good enough, not that we haven't seen it. Those same words could be used to justify a nerf to GLs and a boost to the counters. We have not seen, because they have not shared, anything tangible to back up their claims. And many of us don't trust them because their responses often seem detached from our experience as players.

This is why I'm so bothered by them muzzling these supposedly prominent play testers. If every die hard SWGOH player's favorite content creator could say, "I've seen these changes implemented on the test server. I know it sounds like a lot, but trust me, it won't be as bad as it sounds." Then you wouldn't have a community uproar. But from a group that thought cPit 1.0 was acceptable? Well I have no faith in them.

If you think they are dishonest, no answers will ever be enough. They are not likely to share direct values or details.

I'm not sure of a single game that has a beta program and allows those players to speak about the testing done. They dont need your faith.

MSF did it with the ISO-8 testing and everything worked out just fine. Their CC's even made videos with "beta footage" to showcase what was to come. They have done this twice. CG cant do that because of "reasons".

The fact of the matter is that the "beta testers" (if they even exist) do not have the trust of the community as evidenced by the original CPIT. Could they have said something to CG about how bad the original CPIT was, but CG went ahead with their plan, as they almost always do, sure, but we don't know that because we don't hear from them. Allowing some of the biggest CC's for this game to be in the beta test and relay their feedback to the community would go a loooooog way.

As far as the gear crunch, Crumb said on that podcast last night, is the same thing that CG has said in the past..."We are looking into it".....I am so sick of that phrase because it means nothing when nothing happens.....and when it does, we get sold Kryotechs as a gear crunch easement......
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Yes they have.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.

How to actually fix it?

How early does a player get r3 or r5? Having enough characters to do daily challenges doeant really sound like a later stage of a roster.

What current prize boxes have an sort of real divide? Basically Conquest is the only one.

There are not several ways that actually offer any divide, which is what they seem to be looking for.

Ahnald has a completely F2P account that’s 9 months old and has only 2 toons at R5. He has 3 or 4 more at G12 and the rest are scattered gear levels. He said it’ll be at least a couple
    More months before he will have a full team of g13 characters. So to get enough toons for those next level of daily challenges, it would take 18-24 months to get enough toons for those levels. You mean after 2 years players shouldn’t have access to relief from the G8 through g11 gear crunch?
  • TargetEadu
    1504 posts Member

Yes they have.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.

How to actually fix it?

I just lost a long post on this (thank you random page refresh) but essentially, this. Gear Loot Boxes don’t help the Gear Crunch, because it’s too random what we’ll get and more often than not it’s either 1) something useless entirely and doesn’t help gear crunch, or 2) something that we don’t need now but will later down the road, which does help the gear crunch over time, but isn’t easily apparent to players and isn’t that helpful when gear roadblocks are usually very specific pieces across the board, like Stun Guns and Kyros. It helps, but it doesn’t help soon and it doesn’t help visibly.

Also, Conquest actually LOSES gear boxes as you progress through the map, ultimately favoring more Relic materials and the much needed character shards. Galactic Challenges is just too small.

The places where we can buy the Gear we need, especially new places, are usually out competed by the need for the new character shards they offer. Conquest has a great selection of gear and Relic materials, but we literally can’t buy them if we want to get characters like RC, CAT, and Maul on time. Same with GET, where players have learned it’s better to hoard and miss out on some gear now than miss out on an Epic Confrontation character later.

Buffing Gear drops from energy would be the easiest solution, but that’s likely more “active”. I would advise buffing the Gear found in Shard Store - it’s an easily accessible store for anyone and the only character there is Grevious, who’s farmable elsewhere.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Currently, no there are no plans to change matchmaking, but this is being discussed and monitored.

Thank you for the reply. I’m sure it isn’t easy trying to stay on top of thousands of comments.
  • Just to add to the gear crunch issue. As was stated above low level gear is really to starting to run low for a lot of people. We really need the ability to craft gear in the scavenger sooner rather than later, particularly in light of the sheer volume of characters needed to be relic level to unlock the galactic legends.

If they’re going to be the alpha and the omega then it’s a small quality of life request we could really do with having prioritised.
    797-722-718
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Yes they have.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.

How to actually fix it?

Ahnald has a completely F2P account that’s 9 months old and has only 2 toons at R5. He has 3 or 4 more at G12 and the rest are scattered gear levels. He said it’ll be at least a couple
    More months before he will have a full team of g13 characters. So to get enough toons for those next level of daily challenges, it would take 18-24 months to get enough toons for those levels. You mean after 2 years players shouldn’t have access to relief from the G8 through g11 gear crunch?

It’s weird, it might also incentivize someone to build up relics faster too…maybe even spend to get there faster…🧐
  • SCCH
    62 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI If you think Vader vs Rey is a guaranteed win you should try to do it yourself. A lot of investment is required in terms of modding and strategy and it can all go to hell if the rey composition or modding changes. It can be made consistent if you gear up 6-7 characters with really good mods and most importanly, if you know what you are doing vs the different rey setups and modding strategy. It is not like you throw a random vader team and you get the win.

Moreover, even if you decide that thrawn is the ultimate GL killer and MUST be nerfed for the health of the game... we have one thrawn and 5 (soon 6) GLs. You cannot counter everything. Counters are expensive because those plug and play characters are unique. The PvP is actually in a very healthy situation right now, the main problem probably being Kenobi + cat is too OP, not otherwise.
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI what I don't understand, well there are many of these but the most prominent, is that your response implied that you want to protect players investments in gls, and honor the larger investment made into them as opposed to the relatively smaller investment made in some of the counters.

Firstly, both gas and jkl have gl like requirements. They are a close as you can get to gl reqs without actually being them, so unless this is a blanket 'nothing of lesser investment can counter' then I dont understand the logic of targeting these characters.

Secondly, this is ostensibly about keeping players unhappy about their large investment being countered by lower investment. One huge issue, vast numbers of players who have gls are saying that they want those counters to persist. So unless you're getting private feedback, it would seem that those who have invested actually WANT these counters. If that is the case one is lead to believe that this is not about honoring players investment, but rather another goad to try and compel players to spend money to get gls when they have no other recourse.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

MSF did it with the ISO-8 testing and everything worked out just fine. Their CC's even made videos with "beta footage" to showcase what was to come. They have done this twice. CG cant do that because of "reasons".

The fact of the matter is that the "beta testers" (if they even exist) do not have the trust of the community as evidenced by the original CPIT. Could they have said something to CG about how bad the original CPIT was, but CG went ahead with their plan, as they almost always do, sure, but we don't know that because we don't hear from them. Allowing some of the biggest CC's for this game to be in the beta test and relay their feedback to the community would go a loooooog way.

As far as the gear crunch, Crumb said on that podcast last night, is the same thing that CG has said in the past..."We are looking into it".....I am so sick of that phrase because it means nothing when nothing happens.....and when it does, we get sold Kryotechs as a gear crunch easement......

Beta testers can be against some changes (like CPit 1.0, character nerfs) but what they say is considered as feedback and CG can choose to listen or ignore it at their discretion, I don't think its fair to blame beta testers as we don't know what feedback they gave CG, nor do we know if CG listened or not

Maybe the actual CPit 1.0 was much worse than we are aware of

Since nobody knows who the beta testers are, I think you're making very bold claims by claiming they don't have the community's best interests
  • Are you meaning to have the Executor not beatable by anything else? That's what I understand when I see it. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks it's not healthy to have anything that cannot be beaten by anything else.
  • Are you meaning to have the Executor not beatable by anything else? That's what I understand when I see it. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks it's not healthy to have anything that cannot be beaten by anything else.

That's exactly how they see it. It'll be the new ship meta.
  • TargetEadu
    1504 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Beta testers can be against some changes (like CPit 1.0, character nerfs) but what they say is considered as feedback and CG can choose to listen or ignore it at their discretion, I don't think its fair to blame beta testers as we don't know what feedback they gave CG, nor do we know if CG listened or not

Maybe the actual CPit 1.0 was much worse than we are aware of

Since nobody knows who the beta testers are, I think you're making very bold claims by claiming they don't have the community's best interests

Perhaps this still speaks more to CG than their beta testers, but isn’t the point of beta testing to do multiple tests? Not to just get a “much worse” CPit Beta, say it’s bad, then have them change it to CPit 1.0 and release it and not test if it’s still bad?
  • Ultra wrote: »

Where did ly4oy4s say that? Saying that the beta testers not having the trust of the community (what ly4oy4s actually said) is nowhere near the same as saying that the beta testers don't have the community's best interests (strawman that you conjured out of nowhere)