[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Imagine if there were a test server. And they gave access to the more prominent members of the community. Then, when they announce things like this, those guys could provide assurance that the sky is not in fact falling. That would be a game changer, I dare say.

Instead, we have 6 weeks to fester and worry over these changes.

They do, and players did test this, and no the sky is not falling.

Sorry that I dont think any if them have a youtube channel they can use to tell you that.

Then they are not "prominent".

That is not true, FYI.

Who are they? Where have they made any public comments? If they are prominent, they are muzzled to the point of being useless to the community. They may help CG with testing, but that was not my point.

Any test program was/is/has always been under NDAs.

Testing done by prominent members of the community is good for the community. No matter what they can say to the community.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    I think the gear crunch won't be fixed since it makes so much money but how about giving more crystals for completing dailies? Someone not at the top of both arenas (the majority of players) hardly can afford regular energy refreshes and certainly not the super expensive gear. An extra 200 crystals for completing dailies would let ftp feel like they can buy gear occasionally but wouldn't be enough for spenders who want things now.
    200 extra crystals a day would only amount to one piece of gear a week. That wouldn't be enough to significantly ease the gear grind but I think ftp would feel like they have more ability to progress key characters.
    Another option would be to cut gear prices by 50% but that would certainly hurt the games profits.

I think they talked about moving crystals away from arena some time ago, but it's obviously not happening. Funny how player-friendly changes often get talked about and forgotten...

Moving crystal income out of arena is player friendly? .... interesting.

Almost forgot that it would be CG doing the moving, so touché.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I think the gear crunch won't be fixed since it makes so much money but how about giving more crystals for completing dailies? Someone not at the top of both arenas (the majority of players) hardly can afford regular energy refreshes and certainly not the super expensive gear. An extra 200 crystals for completing dailies would let ftp feel like they can buy gear occasionally but wouldn't be enough for spenders who want things now.
    200 extra crystals a day would only amount to one piece of gear a week. That wouldn't be enough to significantly ease the gear grind but I think ftp would feel like they have more ability to progress key characters.
    Another option would be to cut gear prices by 50% but that would certainly hurt the games profits.

I think they talked about moving crystals away from arena some time ago, but it's obviously not happening. Funny how player-friendly changes often get talked about and forgotten...

Moving more crystal rewards to Conquest, GAC, TBs, TW, Assault Battles, GL events etc. would indeed be more player friendly. Not everyone has the opportunity and time to climb in arena for over an hour daily (at a specific payout time)…If these other modes offered some crystals (in some cases offered more than currently), then yes that would be player friendly. If crystals are also taken away from arena, then no the move is not player friendly. I say this as someone who climbs to top spots in arena/fleet arena daily.
  • k22nqvce0dv7.jpg

Obviously this roster represents far less time and effort than one with a GL. Clearly, there is so little gear invested here - it obviously should be subordinate to every GL in the game in all PvP modes. It is for balance and health of the game, people!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    MrFear220 wrote: »
    Can the developers please make a post better explaining their reasoning behind changes like Thrawn not being able to Fracture GLs? This is an extremely niche ability found nowhere else in-game. A healthy meta is where GLs are in a league of their own, sure, but still able to be beaten with a few non-GL teams.

They said they want GL to be mini-raid bosses. Do you need explanation why fracture can’t full stop raid bosses?

Okay, Mr. Smarty Pants.

It appears GLs are getting some raid boss features and not others. Why was Fracture mechanic chosen to be one where they do behave like raid bosses?

Which other skills that have a different effect on raid bosses are not going to be changed to include GLs?

I can ask.

You just reframed the question. Is there a reason why? I'm guessing you found the original questioner's framing of the question unfair?

To answer your new question, Vader's Culling Blade, after nerf?

They explained why.

I see your point, but they also explained that, as they are trying to keep toons like Vader viable in game modes where they already are.

So GL counter, dead
    Raid, same-ish ONLY if you didn't use Wat, so hard nerfed for me.
    Auxiliary uses that I have alternatives for, yay!

The fact is that they are, for many of us, fundamentally changing how some of our toons will be used. This has cascading impacts (e.g. IPD) as well. This is a HUGE change, and I don't think their communication has risen to the level these changes warrant.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

Moving more crystal rewards to Conquest, GAC, TBs, TW, Assault Battles, GL events etc. would indeed be more player friendly. Not everyone has the opportunity and time to climb in arena for over an hour daily (at a specific payout time)…If these other modes offered some crystals (in some cases offered more than currently), then yes that would be player friendly. If crystals are also taken away from arena, then no the move is not player friendly. I say this as someone who climbs to top spots in arena/fleet arena daily.

I think even taking some away from arena and putting it elsewhere would be player friendly, as long as the overall income doesn't decrease. As you said, not everyone has the time for arena and not everyone finds it fun, it makes no sense for it to be the single most prominent source of premium currency.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Imagine if there were a test server. And they gave access to the more prominent members of the community. Then, when they announce things like this, those guys could provide assurance that the sky is not in fact falling. That would be a game changer, I dare say.

Instead, we have 6 weeks to fester and worry over these changes.

They do, and players did test this, and no the sky is not falling.

Sorry that I dont think any if them have a youtube channel they can use to tell you that.

Then they are not "prominent".

That is not true, FYI.

Who are they? Where have they made any public comments? If they are prominent, they are muzzled to the point of being useless to the community. They may help CG with testing, but that was not my point.

Any test program was/is/has always been under NDAs.

Testing done by prominent members of the community is good for the community. No matter what they can say to the community.

Good? Yes?
    Good enough? No!

This is ridiculous. My main point was, I thought clear, that we need some inside information to come from trusted sources, members of our community. You telling me they are bound by NDAs has just reinforced my point. The only thing you appear to disagree about is whether this is problematic. Which is fine, but I'd wager you're in the minority.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That is just increasing income is different than the discussion back when it happened. The discussion point back then was moving it to a different source.

I think everyone would agree more crystals is player friendly and would be appreciated by players.
  • I'm glad they are deleting posts left and right when you call out the lies.

If this is for balance, there is no impact on game balance by refunding all our gear and credits and letting us readjust our rosters to the huge changes you are making.

If you dont do this, then this is obviously not for balance. It is a squeeze for money.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I think even taking some away from arena and putting it elsewhere would be player friendly, as long as the overall income doesn't decrease. As you said, not everyone has the time for arena and not everyone finds it fun, it makes no sense for it to be the single most prominent source of premium currency.

A change like that would be different, not necessarily better or more player friendly. Not having time is an issue expressed for most if not all other game modes by some segment of the player base, especially PvPs.

In a meta game, it does make perfect sense, but that doesnt mean it's going to be liked by everyone.
  • Hi, I just wanted to provide some feedback from the very endgame, as a light spender.
    I am in a top 10 guild, and we regularly fight MAW, CAW, etc. I also get Kyber every single GAC, so I know the competitive pvp side of this game.
    So first let me just say i am EXSTATIC that we are getting a new fleet meta. So excited! Also very pumped for Lord Vader! And I think the video format is excellent moving forward.

So now the non-GL nerfs: I have all GLs, and I will have LV day one. I do not like these changes at all. Yes, I agree that GLs should not just be destroyed by random old teams. But I think this has the potential to kill the skill/theorycrafting at the top end of the game.

For GAC: It does not sound fun if only GLs can counter GLs. Right now, the better player in GAC often wins because he can successful pull off one of the harder counters, such as Vader or JKR/JKL. These counters require tons of practice and specific modding, and they are expensive from a roster stand point. I truly hope the plan moving forward is not to cancel out any team comp found to be successful on GLs. It ruins the skill level of PVP. You can mod around soft counters like Vader, but you cant mod your JML to not get ruined by SEE, for example.

For TW: Look, a smaller top 10/20 guild has a very hard time beating the top 5ish guilds. Sometimes we can pull it off, and its due to lots of planning and very good counter play. If it comes down to fighting them when they have 50 LV day one, and we wont for several months, its going to completely ruin the mode for us. And I doubt MAW wants to just roll 15 of the top 20 simply due to GL advantage.

In conclusion, I do not think this is a good move for the game, and I believe having all 5 GLs would put me in the bracket of player you are trying to protect with these moves. If you are dead set on nerfing the old counter toons, PLEASE allow new toons moving forward to have the ability to counter GLs. Whether they be conquest toons, journey toons, whatever. It simply cannot devolve into a who has more GLs game. Thanks for listening and I love the game.
  • Konju wrote: »

Well what the discussed was always "moving" crystals, not just adding them in other modes. They would never do that. So the idea of taking crystals out of arena is probably the most unfriendly FTP thing they can do.

• Not all non-GL counters are broken, only the ones with older characters. You see, you can spend money on new toons like CAT (soon to appear in store, I bet) to get the only counters that work.

If they left the old counters in place, not as many people would buy the new toons or gear for them. This is a money grab, nothing else. Every excuse they trot out is easily seen as the chaff it is.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

That is just increasing income is different than the discussion back when it happened. The discussion point back then was moving it to a different source.

I think everyone would agree more crystals is player friendly and would be appreciated by players.

Sure, but since the gear grind hasn’t been addressed at G8 gear, this would offer the players the choice how to spend this extra income. We don’t need more prize boxes with mk4 guns carbs etc, a slight increase in crystal income would be a balanced solution for players at every level of each event.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

A change like that would be different, not necessarily better or more player friendly. Not having time is an issue expressed for most if not all other game modes by some segment of the player base, especially PvPs.

In a meta game, it does make perfect sense, but that doesnt mean it's going to be liked by everyone.

There's a significant difference between not having time in general and not having time during a specific time every day, don't try to confuse the issue. And concentrating crystal income in arena makes this issue worse, hence my opinion that moving it to other places would be player friendly (if it isn't actually a stealth nerf).
    And nothing will ever be liked by everyone, so I'm not sure what is the point of your last sentence.
  • i think it would be BEST to fix GAC and TW match making first, to reflect a balance between the 2 parties number of GLs before even attempting to nerf any one. nerfing them before fixing the match making is just going to be EXTREMELY TOXIC. ignoring the problem with match making before attempting to make GLs unbeatable is extremely bad for the health of the game. iv said it before. i constantly run into opponents with more GLs then me at least 1 or 2 opponents EVERY GAC round have more GLs then me. how would it be fair to me that i cant counter them and stand a chance? literally all they have to do is put them all on defense at least one top and one bottom and im done. i either save my one GL for offense and get screwed on defense then or put my one GL on defense and end up screwed on offense. how is this healthy for the game?!?!?! FIX MATCH MAKING FIRST!! you all ready have the data on how unbalanced the match making all ready is SO JUST FIX IT!!!
  • I recommend everyone pursue refund requests through support, credit card co, BBB, etc. Whatever avenue you have. It is the only language that they will understand. If you want your voice heard, demand a refund.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    raybron99 wrote: »

Well what the discussed was always "moving" crystals, not just adding them in other modes. They would never do that. So the idea of taking crystals out of arena is probably the most unfriendly FTP thing they can do.

I don’t disagree that they won’t do it. I saw and read the road ahead. Easing G8 crunches is not on their radar, that is for certain, so giving slightly more crystals rewards is most definitely not going to be on their radar.

This road ahead had only things that the top spenders (long-term f2p hoarders potentially as well) will be able to access in any “reasonable”timeframe. Maul was the only piece in there that doesn’t require significant resources to obtain for those above 4M GP completing hard mode Conquest. Everything else is a just a massive grind for 90%+ of the player base (especially if one speculates the likelihood of Executor being needed for Lord Vader).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Sure, but since the gear grind hasn’t been addressed at G8 gear, this would offer the players the choice how to spend this extra income. We don’t need more prize boxes with mk4 guns carbs etc, a slight increase in crystal income would be a balanced solution for players at every level of each event.

As I said, what player wouldnt want more crystals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There's a significant difference between not having time in general and not having time during a specific time every day, don't try to confuse the issue. And concentrating crystal income in arena makes this issue worse, hence my opinion that moving it to other places would be player friendly (if it isn't actually a stealth nerf).
    And nothing will ever be liked by everyone, so I'm not sure what is the point of your last sentence.

Agree, but you can move your time to better suit your situation, and balance how many attacks (time spent) vs possible income. Other game modes dont really have that option.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

As I said, what player wouldnt want more crystals.

I wouldn’t request them if the new R9 wasn’t coming out this quickly. I wouldn’t request them if G8 gear crunch was alleviated. I wouldn’t request them if they didn’t have such steep requirements for every new character (whether in prerequisites or gear). I was fine with my current crystal income until these steep requirements and relic increases were announced.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Agree, but you can move your time to better suit your situation, and balance how many attacks (time spent) vs possible income. Other game modes dont really have that option.

You can't balance time spent vs. rewards in, say, Conquest? Interesting.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

You can move your time in Arena only 2x a year. The other modes mentioned have much more variable time. The amount of time can still be an issue for some (myself included), but there is 24 hrs available for these other modes if not longer.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Sooooo let's get this out of the way ...

Has CG replied to any of the post yet ?
    Is Doja leaving CG ? Why the silence and crumb taking the lead ?
    When is the update dropping (Specific date)

And I guess the most important question ??
    - what data is CG using to arrive at this conclusion in the road ahead ?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Is there a way to listen to the podcast from yesterday? I find it likely that something outside of this Road Ahead announcement was stated and would be interested to hear it. Thanks.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    Sooooo let's get this out of the way ...

Has CG replied to any of the post yet ?

Yes.
    Is Doja leaving CG ? Why the silence and crumb taking the lead ?

He was more than half of the video. That means he's leaving?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    So when you say GL vs Gl you mean 1 on 1 right ? So FO vs Resis and all the side toons are gone and it comes down to Rey vs SLKR. Well I have news for you, neither FO, Resis, and full Sith can beat JMK /CAT. For those 3 teams to work we need to mix and match them with counters. How is that balanced ? The only team that can reliably beat JMKCAT is JML with Jedi (pre nerf). How about fixing that ? Make it so that a full Resis team is viable. Give all the GL's viable teams that can beat each other and not force peoples hands to create counters.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Is there a way to listen to the podcast from yesterday? I find it likely that something outside of this Road Ahead announcement was stated and would be interested to hear it. Thanks.

Or even better, a text version. Getting a bit tired of everything being a podcast or video.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You can't balance time spent vs. rewards in, say, Conquest? Interesting.

Trading one for one, is different, not necessarily better, and going from PvP to PvE for that would not really be too player friendly. (Conquest was not around at the time of the discussion you are using to make jabs at the dev team)

And I'm not the one of the ones that complains about time in game for any game mode, but yes the complaint has come up.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Or even better, a text version. Getting a bit tired of everything being a podcast or video.

Yes both. Good point. I prefer video and audio sources, but English is not everyone’s first language. Thanks for the addition.