[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Options
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs

Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?
    I'm clarifying C3P0 is still going to work the same in the raid before and after the changes

I'm not defending anything, I'm clearing up a misconception lol

If it's going stay as is, then you need to add it to a different list and not lump it into the raid boss and GL exclusion list, because right now the suggestion is that C3PO has been nerfed in the Sith raid. It doesn't matter what you say, that's how it reads.

What you need is to add a new category titled something like...

Additional skills that will not work against GL's, but will continue to work in all other existing scenarios.

Right now the way it's listed, because it says excludes raid bosses and GL's, that says it no longer will work against raid bosses. If that's not the case, you need to specifically state that in the actual post in that section so it's not misunderstood by anyone not willing to read through 100 pages just to find a random post saying otherwise.

Please update the list to make it clear, right now it's not.
    I don’t agree that it’s unclear - but then if you misunderstood then I guess it’s hard to argue that it’s clear.

In all cases, including 3po, these abilities already had “excludes raid bosses” (or a clarification of how the ability affects raid bosses differently). This exclusion, or different method of operation, is being extended to include GLs.

So, in 3po’s case, the different method of operation has always existed and will continue to exist.
  • Options
    CG all ready has ALL THE DATA for GAC/TW match making to know that its extremely unbalanced. so when these nerfs go live THEY BETER have a fix for this to ether make opponents have the same number of GLs or make it so you can place them on defense period! this is the only way to make these nerfs justifiable!
  • Options
    What I don’t understand still is their reasoning.

You need high relic levels and similar mods to make these specific counters work (passes their equal investment point)

You need specific team compositions and the counters are in no way guaranteed, especially depending on the modding of your opponent.

Plus I think it’s funny that JML is getting no love or pass over now that his most crucial support units are worse against opposing GL’s, as well as doing zero to make Wat’s blast tech better after they nerfed it into oblivion. It’s not a weapon tech anymore. Add in additional offense/crit damage at the very least.

This is just getting worse as time goes on. I have 3 GL’s myself and will have a 4th depending on LV’s kit, and I don’t like this one bit. Sigh…,
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    It’s not a weapon tech anymore.,

Seconded. Or change the name for Speed or Booster tech or something.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Lolz too bad suckers tech
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    dragonsage wrote: »
    CG all ready has ALL THE DATA for GAC/TW match making to know that its extremely unbalanced. so when these nerfs go live THEY BETER have a fix for this to ether make opponents have the same number of GLs or make it so you can place them on defense period! this is the only way to make these nerfs justifiable!

Well, as you said, they have all the data, so… maybe it’s not what you think and/or it’s wai ?
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Well, as you said, they have all the data, so… maybe it’s not what you think and/or it’s wai ?

like how SLK's head being solid but his body being a hologram if you haven't unlocked him in your roster is WAI? there's lots of stuff in game that is bugged that they don't fix. doesn't mean it is WAI, means CG hasn't bothered to fix it.
  • TimK
    21 posts Member
    Options
    What the heck are those changes??? And why??? This is really really bad

I know- it's like a bunch of people were given 2000 word assignments and this is the amalgamation of it all.
    Surprise players!- remember this without emotional interference.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options

like how SLK's head being solid but his body being a hologram if you haven't unlocked him in your roster is WAI? there's lots of stuff in game that is bugged that they don't fix. doesn't mean it is WAI, means CG hasn't bothered to fix it.

At least it means I have 1/4 of SLKR until I finish his prerequisites. But the amount of bugs and crashes this game has is amazing. You’d think with all the money they’re accumulating, they’d spend it on fixing those.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

JKR's lead makes basic abilities to reduce max health by 10% if target has bonus prot (excluding Raid Bosses).

Will you also be changing this to include GLs? (mainly Rey)
  • Options
    str2019 wrote: »

JKR's lead makes basic abilities to reduce max health by 10% if target has bonus prot (excluding Raid Bosses).

On the previous page, Kyno confirmed someone's question that 'anything with “excludes raid bosses” will soon also say “and GLs” '.
  • Options

SLK used to randomly be headless when you used his ultimate. I enjoyed that bug lol
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    str2019 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmOqPFyJPw
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    What I don’t understand still is their reasoning.

You need high relic levels and similar mods to make these specific counters work (passes their equal investment point)

You need specific team compositions and the counters are in no way guaranteed, especially depending on the modding of your opponent.

Plus I think it’s funny that JML is getting no love or pass over now that his most crucial support units are worse against opposing GL’s, as well as doing zero to make Wat’s blast tech better after they nerfed it into oblivion. It’s not a weapon tech anymore. Add in additional offense/crit damage at the very least.

This is just getting worse as time goes on. I have 3 GL’s myself and will have a 4th depending on LV’s kit, and I don’t like this one bit. Sigh…,

Their reasoning rarely ever makes sense. Remember when they said Kryo was going to ease our gear crunch :D
    Load of nonsense that turned out to be, then when called out on it they posted a graph with 0 data points or X/Y labels to try and claim it was working.
    It all comes down to what Mark **** and the bean counters say

I have 5 GL's, I'll unlock LV within a week of his release, and this is my least favorite thing CG has done, which is saying a LOT.
  • Options
    Today just shows you that anything that could impact a GL will eventually get Nerfed. They have added C3PO,Jango, Traya, and even Greedo to the nerf li.

At least Greedo's reign or terror will come to a close soon.
  • Options
    Thats really weird for me that they are nerfing/"changing" characters and give you zero compensation for it (yeah r8 doesn't really matter). It takes multiple months (and in some cases money) to farm JKL,GAS, or even weeks to relic Vader. Why are we not getting anything for those changes? I understand that the characters might "limit design space" but I'm super confused why are we not even getting chewie shards for affected characters?

For instance, in Hearthstone if they nerf card they let you refund it at full price. While I don't expect to get all gear for JKL/GAS etc I think some sort of compensation should be in place so people don't feel cheated by the company that they gave money to.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI
    Padme and CAT can counter GLs

will this be nerfed now as well??
    or are you waiting until everyone invests their time money and resources into CAT and r8 Padme b4 you nerf that counter too??

if there are no plans to nerf that counter, explain why some1 can play GC unlock CAT and take GLs out... why is that acceptable?

if there is a plan to nerf it tell us when we should expect it... so we can measure the ROI on CAT

my assumption like many others is this won't be nerfed until CG profits on CAT have stabilized then it will be nerfed.... please address these concerns with the Padme CAT counters. because I can't understand why 1 is acceptable but the others are not.... unless its for money... ty

be consistent nerf the Padme cat counter to GLs..... I bet you won't.... because you want to collect everyone's money 1st prove us wrong
  • Options
    When a problem comes along
    You must nerf it
    Before the cream sits out too long
    You must nerf it
    When something's going wrong
    You must nerf it
  • Options
    papaofmom wrote: »
    Thats really weird for me that they are nerfing/"changing" characters and give you zero compensation for it (yeah r8 doesn't really matter). It takes multiple months (and in some cases money) to farm JKL,GAS, or even weeks to relic Vader. Why are we not getting anything for those changes? I understand that the characters might "limit design space" but I'm super confused why are we not even getting chewie shards for affected characters?

For instance, in Hearthstone if they nerf card they let you refund it at full price. While I don't expect to get all gear for JKL/GAS etc I think some sort of compensation should be in place so people don't feel cheated by the company that they gave money to.

They're all pre-reqs for GL's so they cant do a full refund of gear without taking away a GL in the process.
    Also only people that gave money to them should get a refund?
  • Options
    why is Padme CAT counter to gls more legitimate than Vader wat Thrawn counter?
    if its not, nerf it b4 everyone invests their time money, and resources into CAT

or wait until everyone invests their time money and resources into CAT and show us your just doing these nerfs for profit only

The bottom line; is this about the integrity of the game? or money?
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    What about Sidious? When is he getting nerfed?

b2t8yssm6mi8.png
  • Options
    If the plan is to treat GLs as raid bosses, shouldn't Vader's culling blade be changed to "increased to 100% against raid bosses or galactic legends" instead of "increased to 100% against raid bosses"?
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    They're all pre-reqs for GL's so they cant do a full refund of gear without taking away a GL in the process.

First of all I've stated that I don't expect a full refund of gear so not sure why this is a reply, I've literally said about compensation not full refund.

Never said that - maybe last sentence could be interpreted like that but that was never my intention - everyone should get compensation from f2p to kraken

• SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    Options
    blacky123 wrote: »
    If the plan is to treat GLs as raid bosses, shouldn't Vader's culling blade be changed to "increased to 100% against raid bosses or galactic legends" instead of "increased to 100% against raid bosses"?

That would require them to be consistent and fair. It looks like they are all in on nerfing older content in order to make newer content unstoppable. Go ahead and gear up CAT and the new Maul now.. they will probably get nerfed on you in a year. They have now set a precedence that they are okay with with doing this. Expect these nerfs to happen frequently now for the rest of this games lifespan. Not sure how anybody will feel comfortable investing in characters from this point on if CG has shown themselves willing to now change the rules of the game to favor the flavor of the month.

• Options
    papaofmom wrote: »

First of all I've stated that I don't expect a full refund of gear so not sure why this is a reply, I've literally said about compensation not full refund.

Never said that - maybe last sentence could be interpreted like that but that was never my intention - everyone should get compensation from f2p to kraken

My fault. But they can't do a bigger refund then those relics. I do agree there should be something, but what I'm not sure.

The last line came off that way to me, but glad you didn't mean it that way.
    It is a shame they got away from the old make goods. 450 crystals and chewie shards for a brief outage.
  • Options
    blacky123 wrote: »

Heroic rancor has 10 000 000 hp. We’re not there. Yet.
  • Options
    skyguy4645 wrote: »
    why is Padme CAT counter to gls more legitimate than Vader wat Thrawn counter?
    if its not, nerf it b4 everyone invests their time money, and resources into CAT

or wait until everyone invests their time money and resources into CAT and show us your just doing these nerfs for profit only

I think you answered your own question there. If CG applies the nerf bat to CAT, it'll be after the money and resources are spent on her.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I agree with OP, not at all expecting a full refund, which as mentioned would interfere with the GLs they were used to obtain.

It's also surprising that Kylo is getting his fourth buff (AI tweak, presumably to keep him from losing to non GL counters with GAS and fives aka the Rex zarris team), but JML is not getting any buffs, despite his team (even the recommended synergy units per CG) getting hit with the nerf bat, which effectively makes him significantly worse as his role was as a tank, and he relied on the soon to be nerfed non GL attackers in his team to actually do the heavy lifting. Would be nice to see JML get an offense buff (or his ultimate buff increased) to make up for the loss in offensive capabilities of GAS and JML, else he (as a GL) will have a much harder time beating other GLs.