Gear Crunch

Prev1345678
Do we know if there is anything coming out addressing the gear crunch? I love all the new content however i cant help but feel like we are getting more content than most people can keep up with. Does anyone else feel this way?

Even if they ran conquest back to back and Geos more frequently that would help significantly. Right now its brutal.

Bring on the "break out your wallet" comments, haha.

Replies

• Options
    I asked Kyno about this, and he basically told me that CG hasn’t and probably won’t release gear crunch info. IIRC, it was to prevent “setting deadlines/expectations” or something like that.
  • Options
    I asked Kyno about this, and he basically told me that CG hasn’t and probably won’t release gear crunch info. IIRC, it was to prevent “setting deadlines/expectations” or something like that.

I think they already blow past any expectations by this point... well that really sucks, with all the GLs and various grinds, there is no way to bridge the gap. very unfortunate.
  • Bel
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I’d guess it’s really how they(CG) see’s the monetary structure of their game. What I always hoped was that they’d put something out and let the big spenders have an edge for a few months, a little time later the small spenders catch up, then lastly let ftp catch up, and then release the next big thing. The thing is, with it being Star Wars, it seems they’re likely making a ton of money because the spenders will keep on spending the money. Truth to tell, I guess if I had a stake in the company I’d probably do the same thing, even knowing I don’t like like the position it leaves me in as a light spender now. It seems to be humans nature to get everything they can get out of a business. I’ve been around the game for around 4+ years and the goal post has always been moved a little farther than I would like, but the game is still here and that says a lot about the success they’re having with it whether I like it or not.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I think a nice little gesture of goodwill that they could implement VERY easily is;

Revert Assault Battles back to 48 hour runtimes.

This has been done before - it directly eases Kyro gear crunch, it softens zeta/omega mat crunch (though many end game players have hit parity if not saturation levels on those), it can ease signal data crunch a bit to actually allow people to farm Cantina node characters while also providing a slight increase in bottleneck gear (both directly with prizes in the lower tiers and indirectly by increasing shard store income), and mod income - and yet still incentivizes players to broaden their roster by developing teams that can complete the Challenge Tiers.

Best of all, it is something they could turn on at the ‘flip of a switch’, since all the programming is already done.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2946 posts Member
    Options
    Still do not understand why we don't have the next tier of the daily challenges.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Still do not understand why we don't have the next tier of the daily challenges.

Can we force CG to read this post?? Even another 3,4 or 5 pieces every FEW DAYS would go miles in restoring the player-base's faith in the devs and not over inflate players' inventory.
  • TVF
    36786 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Deleted :|
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

and one could say the Devs have set a deadline/expectations by saying, "We're looking into it.."

it's been 9+ months and still nothing..

after the Malak debacle, the CAT Conquest scandal and now nerfing very hard to get characters like GAS and JKLS...

I don't trust them to actually plan ahead to grow and design for the entire player base, from new to long-timers, from FTP to Krakens..
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    It's a resource management game. Part of that is monetization, part of it is longevity. You've been dealing with it since the day you started playing and you will continue to deal with it until the day you quit.
  • TVF
    36786 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It's a resource management game. Part of that is monetization, part of it is longevity. You've been dealing with it since the day you started playing and you will continue to deal with it until the day you quit.

Stop stealing my bit.
  • Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »

and one could say the Devs have set a deadline/expectations by saying, "We're looking into it.."

it's been 9+ months and still nothing..

after the Malak debacle, the CAT Conquest scandal and now nerfing very hard to get characters like GAS and JKLS...

I don't trust them to actually plan ahead to grow and design for the entire player base, from new to long-timers, from FTP to Krakens..

Did I ever say I believed Kyno? You’re right.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Crumb touched on this in his podcast last week and unfortunately it’s not the answer we want.

He said that they are still looking at ways to make the economy better but have no plans currently or don’t know how to do so to keep it in line with what they want the economy to be like, which in my opinion is ridiculous.

Relic 9 coming out is pushing a gear economy change sooner rather than later, especially when paired with the necessity to farm GL’s and the prerequisites for new toons and events demanding high relic levels. Changing the economy to trivialize getting to G12 is totally fair and is something the devs need to work towards. The best way to honestly do that is to put mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs and mk8 biotech components into new tiers of daily challenges. That would net an average yield of anywhere between 45-75 of each of those pieces per week. That would bring it in line with Mk3 carbantis which are more of a pinch point than a choke point. It still demands resource management but gives much needed relief.

They can also make guaranteed store slots in the GET, guild event or even GAC stores and there’s a finite number of that currency that can be earned so it wouldn’t break the economy either.

Idk there’s plenty they can do, but as it’s been said the will and desire, even though they’ve said they’re gonna make changes or “hope to”, isn’t there and it’s very disheartening
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    You either skip factions, wait to farm them or you pay. That's it really. Been like that for close to 6 years now.

People have spent 200K on this game. They should be the tip of the spear.

If you look back every now and then there are changes to make things slightly better. Accelerated farming, cheaper refreshes etc. But don't be fooled the objective is to always make you spend more
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Crumb touched on this in his podcast last week and unfortunately it’s not the answer we want.

He said that they are still looking at ways to make the economy better but have no plans currently or don’t know how to do so to keep it in line with what they want the economy to be like, which in my opinion is ridiculous.

Relic 9 coming out is pushing a gear economy change sooner rather than later, especially when paired with the necessity to farm GL’s and the prerequisites for new toons and events demanding high relic levels. Changing the economy to trivialize getting to G12 is totally fair and is something the devs need to work towards. The best way to honestly do that is to put mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs and mk8 biotech components into new tiers of daily challenges. That would net an average yield of anywhere between 45-75 of each of those pieces per week. That would bring it in line with Mk3 carbantis which are more of a pinch point than a choke point. It still demands resource management but gives much needed relief.

They can also make guaranteed store slots in the GET, guild event or even GAC stores and there’s a finite number of that currency that can be earned so it wouldn’t break the economy either.

Idk there’s plenty they can do, but as it’s been said the will and desire, even though they’ve said they’re gonna make changes or “hope to”, isn’t there and it’s very disheartening

This is a reasonable solution to it. It would just take that pressure off slightly with getting characters to G12. I sincerely hope at the very minimum we get new daily challenges with some of the components you mentioned above included. I hope they consider this soon, it's rough out there and I'm someone who is a casual spender complaining about it. I am very calculated with my decision and gear management however it's difficult to make and meaningful progress in a reasonable amount of time.

I understand it's about thr long game, but how long is to long for some things.
  • Options

How can it be a resource management game if said resources keep losing their value/use as they are nerfed?

Narrator: "Because it is not."

It is a collection game.. Collect the new shiny toy every 3 months..
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

How can it be a resource management game if said resources keep losing their value/use as they are nerfed?

Either you manage your resources effectively or you come to the forums and whine about how you don't have enough resources.
  • Options

Either you manage your resources effectively or you come to the forums and whine about how you don't have enough resources.

That's not really fair to say. Most people in this thread at least have offered solutions or suggestions and when you look around the community there is consistency when it comes to them having a gear crunch. Sure is there people out there that come just to complain? Yes, but the same can be said for several of your posts (HT being OP, GAC auto deploy etc). Just because the issue doesn't affect you doesn't mean it's not an issue and throwing out infamitory comments that are not constructive in any way doesn't really offer anything other than confrontation and trolling.
  • AlexanderG
    1930 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

That's an over simplification. Gear is restricted so that CG can sell it. What tends to be in the advert pop ups ? Yes all the usual bits of gear that people are often short of.

I'm not arguing that the game doesn't require careful allocation of resources but the game is financed by creating bottlenecks.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

That's an over simplification. Gear is restricted so that CG can sell it. What tends to be in the advert pop ups ? Yes all the usual bits of gear that people are often short of.

I'm not arguing that the game doesn't require careful allocation of resources but the game is financed by creating bottlenecks.
    As I stated in my first post in this thread, SWGoH is a resource management game. It starts on the first day you play the game and doesn't end until you quit. That's the way the game is designed. It's partly about monetization but also about longevity - this is a game where goals take weeks, months even years to achieve which is why those who stick with it are still playing years after we started.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    MKHolloway wrote: »

That's not really fair to say. Most people in this thread at least have offered solutions or suggestions and when you look around the community there is consistency when it comes to them having a gear crunch. Sure is there people out there that come just to complain? Yes, but the same can be said for several of your posts (HT being OP, GAC auto deploy etc). Just because the issue doesn't affect you doesn't mean it's not an issue and throwing out infamitory comments that are not constructive in any way doesn't really offer anything other than confrontation and trolling.
    The "issue" does affect me. The difference is that I acknowledge it as a fundamental part of the game's design and work within its constraints.
  • Options
    They are 'easing' it slightly as more and more things get released. It's never going to be an overnight fix. You'll notice your cadence for g12ing chars and g13ing chars has sped up quite a lot since G13 came out.

That said. Their requirements for things are outstripping the extra gear that has been put into the game economy.

Thats where the "Spend or not spend" decisions happen. They want you to opt for the 'spend' one.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

As I stated in my first post in this thread, SWGoH is a resource management game. It starts on the first day you play the game and doesn't end until you quit. That's the way the game is designed. It's partly about monetization but also about longevity - this is a game where goals take weeks, months even years to achieve which is why those who stick with it are still playing years after we started.

nope.. collect the Rebel, Empire, Jedi/Sith, etc factions and now as the nerfs are coming, it's all about collecting GLs..

gear crunch absolutely is planned from the beginning, that's no debate..

it's the release of Kyrotechs and more relic requirements for the the GLs that is now the ONLY REASON to collect/play the game: collect all the GLs that is becoming truly unreasonable..

you do you, boo..
  • Options

nope.. collect the Rebel, Empire, Jedi/Sith, etc factions and now as the nerfs are coming, it's all about collecting GLs..

it's the release of Kyrotechs and more relic requirements for the the GLs that is now the ONLY REASON to collect/play the game: collect all the GLs that is becoming truly unreasonable..

you do you, boo..
    Nope, not seeing any coherent counterpoint there. You are actually agreeing that resource management was planned.

But hey, you do you, boo. :D
  • Options

you do you, boo..
    Nope, not seeing any coherent counterpoint there. You are actually agreeing that resource management was planned.

But hey, you do you, boo. :D

thanks! I will...

😘
  • TVF
    36786 posts Member
    Options
    I find this all rather depressing
  • Options
    MKHolloway wrote: »

The "issue" does affect me. The difference is that I acknowledge it as a fundamental part of the game's design and work within its constraints.

As I said, just because YOU don't mind getting bent over the gear train doesn't mean others don't have valid points. You can acknowledge and accept any reality you want, it doesn't make it everyone else's. Just thr same as your "issues" which you have created several posts complaining or asking for help. Have you now accepted those all as fundamental parts of the game my friend?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I find this all rather depressing

Robots can sense feelings now?! What’s next, rockets to Mars?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options

Oh Rath….

See what you are failing to see is that in any resource management game, gear chokepoints are eventually eased or completely nullified as new ones are introduced. Even in a game like MSF, that is incredibly money choked, old bottlenecks were nullified once a progression point was reached in your game. What’s that mean?

A new player can’t just join in and get their teams to G15. It still takes plenty of time to do that. It even takes awhile to get to G12, or even G8. Blue gear and purple gear are difficult to get, but once your roster progresses enough, it becomes much easier to obtain making it a pinch point rather than a serious choke point. Hence, resource management is still needed but fair easing is implemented leaving the the more recent chokepoints as the roadblocks.

In SWGOH? Day one chokepoints are still in place. They need to become pinch points and be eased. Resource management would still be needed but fair progression allowed. I’m sure even you can see this view point?
  • Options
    Double the drops of characters, but leave credit and gears where they where prior. Not ideal. Have twice the character shards but no credits to level them up or gear to build them with.