Gear Crunch

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    You get 210 kyrotech per month for free doing your dailies and challenge tier 1 of assault battles. Not too shabby.

At that rate it would only take 10 months to have enough kyrotechs for the first four members of the Bad Batch! What are we complaining about?!?!
  • Options
    True, we can close this thread now.
  • Options
    O
    Y'all remember the last time CG "eased the gear crunch" by adding kyrotech? Have you recently taken any legacy/launch characters through all the gear levels alongside newer releases?

With CG, any additional 'easing' of the gear crunch will just be the next tier of awful to farm gear with even worse drop rates (what an insult that kyros are purple despite their drop rate and monetization) and required even more frequently on future characters.

I can see it now:

"Hiya holotable heroes! We've seen that the community has been struggling with the farming of items such as stun guns, carbantis, and stun cuffs, so with all future character releases we'll be removing those gear requirements to ease the gear grind. We are also excited to roll out the new CryoTack gear, which be required from G5-G11 on all new characters, and can be farmed on hard node battles only, with a drop rate of 5% per 20 energy attempt. We hope you enjoy this new system that will lower the number of required stun guns, cuffs, and carbantis! See you on the holotables!"

h50aosdsfdtp.jpg

You get 210 kyrotech per month for free doing your dailies and challenge tier 1 of assault battles. Not too shabby.

I hope you are joking…
  • Options
    O
    Y'all remember the last time CG "eased the gear crunch" by adding kyrotech? Have you recently taken any legacy/launch characters through all the gear levels alongside newer releases?

With CG, any additional 'easing' of the gear crunch will just be the next tier of awful to farm gear with even worse drop rates (what an insult that kyros are purple despite their drop rate and monetization) and required even more frequently on future characters.

I can see it now:

"Hiya holotable heroes! We've seen that the community has been struggling with the farming of items such as stun guns, carbantis, and stun cuffs, so with all future character releases we'll be removing those gear requirements to ease the gear grind. We are also excited to roll out the new CryoTack gear, which be required from G5-G11 on all new characters, and can be farmed on hard node battles only, with a drop rate of 5% per 20 energy attempt. We hope you enjoy this new system that will lower the number of required stun guns, cuffs, and carbantis! See you on the holotables!"

h50aosdsfdtp.jpg

Funny thing is that if split that evenly, that’s 105 of each kyro piece which means you can craft 2 full kyro pieces. Some characters like wrecker need 3 to get beyond G9…that’s not a lot in the grand scheme of things…

No matter how you slice it, kyro’s made the gear crunch worse. It didn’t help anything.

Gear economy still bad and still needs to be fixed
  • Ultra
    11602 posts Moderator
    Options
    O

I can see it now:

h50aosdsfdtp.jpg

310 actually, more if you get more TB stars / win TW
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    O

I can see it now:

h50aosdsfdtp.jpg

I count 20x6 via AB and 3x30 via dailies...what did I miss ? (GAC could add 35 to 185, depending on your results, via GAC currency; if you have TB/TW rough numbers, please let me know !)
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    O

I can see it now:

h50aosdsfdtp.jpg

I count 20x6 via AB and 3x30 via dailies...what did I miss ? (GAC could add 35 to 185, depending on your results, via GAC currency; if you have TB/TW rough numbers, please let me know !)

This info was recently gathered in another thread. I believe MasterSeedy started it.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    O

I can see it now:

h50aosdsfdtp.jpg

This info was recently gathered in another thread. I believe MasterSeedy started it.

Yeah, I had this same conversation and made the same maths before, several times. But My Search Fu is weak, so...let's say doing this over and over is good for the brain. Well, the math part anyway.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    O

I can see it now:

h50aosdsfdtp.jpg

Yeah, I had this same conversation and made the same maths before, several times. But My Search Fu is weak, so...let's say doing this over and over is good for the brain. Well, the math part anyway.

Here is the thread

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/247250/has-anyone-catalogued-all-possible-sources-of-kyrotech#latest
  • Options
    O

I can see it now:

h50aosdsfdtp.jpg

I think the majority can agree that Kyros are not the problem in 2 months of hoarding I have 425ish of shock kyros with zero farming of them (as you said from daily and other challenges) in thr same 2 months I have 86 mkv stun guns. So yes not to shabby but those are really not the problem. Farming neither gear but having 4x as much as the other shows the issue. They really just need to start including then in dailies and more frequently in the common shops.
  • Options
    MKHolloway wrote: »
    O

I can see it now:

h50aosdsfdtp.jpg

I think the majority can agree that Kyros are not the problem in 2 months of hoarding I have 425ish of shock kyros with zero farming of them (as you said from daily and other challenges) in thr same 2 months I have 86 mkv stun guns. So yes not to shabby but those are really not the problem. Farming neither gear but having 4x as much as the other shows the issue. They really just need to start including then in dailies and more frequently in the common shops.

And stop requiring guns for pretty much all characters and at multiple gear levels. There's no way characters should be requiring guns or kyros at gear level 8 or 9. We're looking at relic 9 at some point fairly soon, and it's high time those early bottlenecks were eased up a bit.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    And stop requiring guns for pretty much all characters and at multiple gear levels. There's no way characters should be requiring guns or kyros at gear level 8 or 9. We're looking at relic 9 at some point fairly soon, and it's high time those early bottlenecks were eased up a bit.

This is the real issue here.

They overload certain slots & then other things you never see required & you have 1000's of them banked.

If they would just evenly distribute what is required for characters it wouldn't be so bad.

You should never open up the 6 slots & see 2 of the same item or a total of 4 of a single item required between sub-combines.

They create these problems by picking the same pieces over & over again.
  • Options
    So 2 months of hording & just gearing SLKR would wipe that out.
    That might get you through 1.5-2 of the BB team before being empty.
    I'm not saying that is a good ratio or anything, I'm just saying, they are a problem either way.
  • MKHolloway
    67 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So 2 months of hording & just gearing SLKR would wipe that out.
    That might get you through 1.5-2 of the BB team before being empty.
    I'm not saying that is a good ratio or anything, I'm just saying, they are a problem either way.

Ok fair point, I suppose I can agree with you when you put it that way
  • Options
    A note about Stunguns.

I find as long as I'm not trying to do an entire team at once, I've found Stunguns just from the GET-1 & Shard Stores come often enough to bank them up fairly regularly.

I have over 200 now as I'm saving for SLKR who wants 400.

The key is buying them in GET-1 store & NOTHING ELSE, lol, I kept buying them even when I was working on Malak & GAS if I needed them bad enough.
    And I'm doing them now even though I need Hermit shards. I only buy 1 stack of 10-15 Hermit after each TB since I'm not in a rush & the rest I just slow buy the Stun Guns whenever they pop up.

My issue is the Carbantis that go with the Stun Guns, we get them 3x a week for about 55-60 or so & its no where near enough.
    I am constantly buying Carbantis with Guild Tokens just because so many toons end up using them in all sorts of combines at higher levels in addition to the typical G7-8-9 single use ones.

Those and Mk8 Eyeballs which are constantly needed 3x at every G11 it seems.
  • Options
    I think easing the gear crunch to g12 would be particularly good for newer players. Way back when, we had to gear our Phoenix or Ewoks or whatever, and it was painful, but we got the new shiny for it, and then we got to pause and hoard while we waited for the next thing. New players are trying to gear their arena teams, TB teams, and raid teams while at the same time having to throw multiple stun guns on Kanan so they can get Thrawn. It’s…not fun. I’m sure it frustrates a lot of people into spending (yay!) but surely it also makes a ton of people give up and quit (boo!).

Adding a drop to dailies that gives 2 or 3 of either stun guns or cuffs would help and I don’t think it would result in anyone swimming in the things. We get kyros every day and it’s nice but I think most people are still hurting for kyros.
  • Options
    One thing they could do is to stop the randomness of rotation of gear in stores. Either always have all the different gear available in stores or have the rotation at a given interval so you know that “gear Z” is always available in “store X” at Y o’clock.
  • TVF
    36786 posts Member
    Options
    One thing they could do is to stop the randomness of rotation of gear in stores. Either always have all the different gear available in stores or have the rotation at a given interval so you know that “gear Z” is always available in “store X” at Y o’clock.

That's not how they keep you logging in.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

It would be if the main gear crunch pieces shared that spot and rotated each time.
  • TVF
    36786 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

It would be if the main gear crunch pieces shared that spot and rotated each time.

They probably never realized that!
  • Options

#shocking
  • TVF
    36786 posts Member
    Options

#shocking

#woosh
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

#shocking

ri0jtte2o52r.gif
  • Options

pbul5i55ehu8.jpeg
  • Options
    I am not a hoarder and I unlocked SLKR about 3 weeks ago and while Kryo needs are annoying if you focus all your resources into getting them they aren’t that bad to farm because they can be earned in lots of different locations and they are constantly in those locations, while stun guns are not consistently located for purchase beyond using crystals and energy farming. If stun guns were as available as Kryo there would be no room to complain because if you need them you can get them with the resources you have earned. We don’t need a free hand out or lower requirements just let us use what we have earned to buy what we need.
  • Options
    They pump out new content with high gearing requirements to prolong the life of the game. If they made gear more readily available by easing the gear crunch, it would contradict these efforts.

I wish they would alleviate the gear crunch, but it seems to be strategically opposed to their recent business decisions.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    They pump out new content with high gearing requirements to prolong the life of the game. If they made gear more readily available by easing the gear crunch, it would contradict these efforts.

I wish they would alleviate the gear crunch, but it seems to be strategically opposed to their recent business decisions.

I dont think anyone disagrees with this, but the idea that the gear pinch points should shift as you develop your roster further and further has merit and should be explored.

7-8m GP rosters should not be hitting gear crunch at g8 or g9, IMHO. Hitting them around r1-3 and up sounds more reasonable. (These numbers are completely made up and dont matter in the principle of this argument.)

That is how they maintain the crunch without making it boring and stale, IMHO.
  • LordDirt
    5171 posts Member
    Options
    The gear needed for LV has made it quite clear that he is too far off in the distance for me to even try to quickly acquire him. No need for me to buy crystals or gear, slow farm it is. Guess CG doesn't need my $ anymore.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I dont think anyone disagrees with this, but the idea that the gear pinch points should shift as you develop your roster further and further has merit and should be explored.

7-8m GP rosters should not be hitting gear crunch at g8 or g9, IMHO. Hitting them around r1-3 and up sounds more reasonable. (These numbers are completely made up and dont matter in the principle of this argument.)

I’m at 7.2m GP and I totally agree. The real gear crunch is relic mats and signal data. But it’s the same principal.

Giving more gear for free means people will meet these high gearing goals faster, thus requiring CG to create more characters faster to have fresh “content.” Not to mention the direct adverse impact giving free high end gear has on sales revenue.

It’s just a business decision. Their primary obligation is to their shareholders. Not that that’s a bad thing - it’s just something we should always be mindful of.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This is spot on, but I wonder if part of the problem is that coupling relic tiers to gear (via the scavenger) made it harder to fix the crunch at lower levels without reducing the relic crunch some as well. I feel like making balance changes to the gear economy would have been easier if gear wasn't used for relic tiers.

Separately, what about the Cantina crunch. So many toons to farm there but I feel like I'm just going to be farming signal data forever.