Conquest cancelled for august

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Honestly at this point they should have just launched the last version with CAT and the RC again.

I dont think the delay is just so they can change the rewards.

Yeah, it's also to limit R8 materials acquisition, CAT and RC/Executor unlocks.

THB (tinfoil hat brigade) in full force.

And yet delaying Conquest does delay all of those things. You may dispute the inference but it doesn't make what OP is saying is wrong.

• Options
    I love Conquest.

I also see a delay and think, who cares? People take all of this way too personally. As if delaying a single Conquest is a direct attack on them. Calm down, you're not that special. Touch grass.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I love Conquest.

I also see a delay and think, who cares? People take all of this way too personally. As if delaying a single Conquest is a direct attack on them. Calm down, you're not that special. Touch grass.

I guess you are unaffected by the delay. Your experience however does not apply to everyone else. You are not that special - touch grass.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Honestly at this point they should have just launched the last version with CAT and the RC again.

WKD (white knight defense) in full force as well I see.
    Nauros wrote: »

And what else is keeping them from running the old version with only the rewards changed until the new one is ready?

The release cadence they stated for Conquest characters.

Except Galactic Chase wasn't part of the announced cadence. (I'm not saying it was bad - just that they already changed it.)
    n8l2r0jedqwt.png
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

It makes total sense from a $$$ point of view. Tell the players it’s delayed because of reason they will never be able to validate, delay gear/mat/shards acquisition until after the first run of EXE, then once the whales are milked, start the conquest…profit. Nothing tin foil hat about that. It’s the same reason the gear economy hasn’t been touched, despite intense player feedback…..money. There is no denying that.

There are a group that can validate that they are doing testing and working out final details due to feedback, but yes, of course, it's all a nefarious plan, total nailed it on the head.

Except they can't validate anything because they can't comment about anything testing related.

CGDF actually.

Not that it would matter, anyone saying they are testing, discussing feedback, and working on putting it all together based on a balance of what they want and that feedback would just be dismissed, as it cant be that "simple", it must be some plan that is solely based on some hidden and not stated plan, not the stated one.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

And what else is keeping them from running the old version with only the rewards changed until the new one is ready?

Except Galactic Chase wasn't part of the announced cadence. (I'm not saying it was bad - just that they already changed it.)
    n8l2r0jedqwt.png

It makes total sense from a $$$ point of view. Tell the players it’s delayed because of reason they will never be able to validate, delay gear/mat/shards acquisition until after the first run of EXE, then once the whales are milked, start the conquest…profit. Nothing tin foil hat about that. It’s the same reason the gear economy hasn’t been touched, despite intense player feedback…..money. There is no denying that.

There are a group that can validate that they are doing testing and working out final details due to feedback, but yes, of course, it's all a nefarious plan, total nailed it on the head.

Except they can't validate anything because they can't comment about anything testing related.

CGDF actually.

Not that it would matter, anyone saying they are testing, discussing feedback, and working on putting it all together based on a balance of what they want and that feedback would just be dismissed, as it cant be that "simple", it must be some plan that is solely based on some hidden and not stated plan, not the stated one.

I was thinking White Kyno Defense but didn't want to call you out specifically.
    You are doing the exact opposite. No decision ever was made with monetization in mind. It's always everything else behind the scenes. One would think that money is never mention at CG based on most of your comments.
    Why is it so unbelievable that Conquest was partially delayed because Executor was announced and they wanted to limit the number of people that unlock it day one (or push them to spend)? Is it so outlandish to assume something like this in a F2P game?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

It might be better if the stated excuse reason for not running the old version wasn't "it's not ideal and it might affect some Maul unlocks" when what we end up with isn't ideal and definitely will affect some CAT unlocks. It's not exactly an improvement, so you can't be surprised when people look for other reasons. And with CG, greed is usually a safe bet.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    All companies are "greedy"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

You are doing the exact opposite. No decision ever was made with monetization in mind. It's always everything else behind the scenes. One would think that money is never mention at CG based on most of your comments.
    Why is it so unbelievable that Conquest was partially delayed because Executor was announced and they wanted to limit the number of people that unlock it day one (or push them to spend)? Is it so outlandish to assume something like this in a F2P game?

Yes, it is extremely outlandish.

The amount of players that would have unlocked with Conquest, but wont without, but also would now spend, is very likely insignificant, but no they are just scheming....even though that scheming is not worth the effort, and the effort is almost nothing.

Again, I'm convinced, it's not the stated reason, its totally this hidden plan that is really going to help them make the quarter.
  • Options
    I love Conquest.

I guess you are unaffected by the delay. Your experience however does not apply to everyone else. You are not that special - touch grass.

No, I’m affected. I’m 21 blueprints from finishing Razor Crest and 80 short on Asohka.

But I realize that this is just a game that I play to fill time in the mornings and evenings and to check in on throughout the day when I have down time. This is no more important than pokemon.

I don’t think you understand what “touch grass” means. Put the phone down, go touch some.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    I love Conquest.

No, I’m affected. I’m 21 blueprints from finishing Razor Crest and 80 short on Asohka.

But I realize that this is just a game that I play to fill time in the mornings and evenings and to check in on throughout the day when I have down time. This is no more important than pokemon.

I don’t think you understand what “touch grass” means. Put the phone down, go touch some.

Again. Your experience does not apply to everyone else but I suppose that's too difficult for you to comprehend.
  • Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

If they wanted to limit the number of people that unlock it day one, galactic chase RC was a bad idea. They should have stick to packs for the shards missing.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

Yes, it is extremely outlandish.

The amount of players that would have unlocked with Conquest, but wont without, but also would now spend, is very likely insignificant, but no they are just scheming....even though that scheming is not worth the effort, and the effort is almost nothing.

Again, I'm convinced, it's not the stated reason, its totally this hidden plan that is really going to help them make the quarter.

Bussiness making money-oriented decision is extremely outlandish. You learn something new everyday.
    I thought they said that new characters are what brings in the most money. I guess Executor is an exception to that.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    they also should do conquests without new characters to catch up with the currency, because it's almost impossible to complete conquest and buy all the shards without ending with fewer currency then you started, so one day you'll have none

Then for one character of your choosing you’ll unlock it in 4 months instead of 3. You could also do that every time to net extra gear. Strategic decisions are fun.
    Just tried that. Got stiffed by CG delaying the next Conquest. :p
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

If they wanted to limit the number of people that unlock it day one, galactic chase RC was a bad idea. They should have stick to packs for the shards missing.

On one hand you have paid packs with guaranteed X amount of ship shards.
    On the other you have battles with a chance of ship shards (esentially lootboxes) and crystal refreshes.
    I don't know what's better since I don't have the data. But personally I think people are more willing to spend on crystals than on paid packs.
  • Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

On the other you have battles with a chance of ship shards (esentially lootboxes) and crystal refreshes.
    I don't know what's better since I don't have the data. But personally I think people are more willing to spend on crystals than on paid packs.

I agree, they are, because it’s cheaper. So if you want to limit the number of people that unlock executor day one, which was your claim, it was a bad plan.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

I agree, they are, because it’s cheaper. So if you want to limit the number of people that unlock executor day one, which was your claim, it was a bad plan.

It's not a bad plan just because it's not "100% block everyone who doesn't spend". You could call a lot of monetization schemes a "bad plan" if that was the case.
  • Options
    this Conquest delay is affecting my ability to R8 Boba as he sits at r7 and just needs those Aeros..

Isn't it just a lovely game design that restricts gear and materials behind Events that are only once a week and/or once a month, when it works, 😉..
    /sarcasm

the Delay wouldn't be an issue if R8 materials were made available for regular farming/scavenging. Imagine if that that could have been planned for, oh.. maybe announced in that infamous RA?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    I love Conquest.

I agree with you about the game part. I play SWGoH went I have time to; my life doesn’t revolve around it.
    Though I don’t care for grass much, I’d rather sit down and read a book. But your point is a good one.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

It's not a bad plan just because it's not "100% block everyone who doesn't spend". You could call a lot of monetization schemes a "bad plan" if that was the case.

I’m confused, please explain it to me. By delaying conquest on purpose, did they want to limit the number of people that unlock executor, as you said, or not ? If so, why did they offer a galactic chase for razor crest instead of just selling packs, that would limit the number of players unlocking the executor and give them more money because it’s more expensive to get shards this way ?
  • Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

I’m confused, please explain it to me. By delaying conquest on purpose, did they want to limit the number of people that unlock executor, as you said, or not ? If so, why did they offer a galactic chase for razor crest instead of just selling packs, that would limit the number of players unlocking the executor and give them more money because it’s more expensive to get shards this way ?

why can't they do a galactic chase AND offer packs? it's still limiting ppl who can unlock executor. r8s are another big limiter. It's not like only razor crest was stopping ppl.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

My first comment mentioned R8 materials and later comment "pushing people to spend" both of which you promptly ignored. No wonder you are confused.
  • Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

My first comment mentioned R8 materials and later comment "pushing people to spend" both of which you promptly ignored. No wonder you are confused.

So, if I understand correctly, they want to limit the numbers of people unlocking the executor, so they push back conquest, because:

It reduces the numbers of r8 material
    It reduces the gear income via loot box, so players are more inclined to spend

But on the other hand, they help people who were missing razor crest shards to get some more at a cheap price.

So players who have r8 but not enough razor shards are the ones CG want to unlock executor, so CG helps them; but players without enough r8 have limited access on purpose;

So they limit the numbers of players unlocking the executor by pushing back conquest on purpose but on the other hand, they facilitate access to the event to other people.

Doesn’t that seem a little far fetched to you ? ‘We’re late in our work because it’s too expensive to hire more people’ seems more likely if I was looking for a greedy reason to push back conquest.
  • Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

Well, the Galactic Chase was a good move and player friendly. No criticism there but the shard drops were (as they are for these events) not exactly generous. Plus people (probably) spend crystals on refreshes so I doubt it was exactly an act of altruism. But you know all this.

Secondly, there is s shard pack for the RC for sale right now. I doubt the timing is a coincidence and it's not exactly outlandish to suggest that CG are trying to monetise the RC for people trying to meet the requirements for the Executor tomorrow. I think the RC shard gamble pack ends at about the same time the Executor event ends. Intention is fairly clear.
  • Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

So, if I understand correctly, they want to limit the numbers of people unlocking the executor, so they push back conquest, because:

But on the other hand, they help people who were missing razor crest shards to get some more at a cheap price.

So players who have r8 but not enough razor shards are the ones CG want to unlock executor, so CG helps them; but players without enough r8 have limited access on purpose;

So they limit the numbers of players unlocking the executor by pushing back conquest on purpose but on the other hand, they facilitate access to the event to other people.

Doesn’t that seem a little far fetched to you ? ‘We’re late in our work because it’s too expensive to hire more people’ seems more likely if I was looking for a greedy reason to push back conquest.

Whether RC shards were available at a "cheap price" is up for debate. I don't think spending crystals on refreshes is "cheap".
    People who have R8 materials are most likely high end players. Players who don't have enough R8 materials are probably lower end players.
    Certain forum users sometimes complain about "random players climbing and messing with payouts". This move clearly benefits higher end players (who were still missing shards) more than those on the lower end.
    Like I said earlier it doesn't have to be "100% block everyone who doesn't spend".

• Options
    Choices are

1. This delay is all part of a greedy plan to milk the money from the game spenders

2. They were not competent enough to plan the new conquest and deliver it in time, plus they where not competent enough to consider the side effect of leaving a lot of players without the chance to get a toon that is a key part of the new meta

I honestly think there is no hidden plan in here... Just a lack of competence. The only thing that they are consistent on is deceiving their customers
  • Options
    the best part of this is ill have Kenobi situated so i can hopfuly max everything going forward
  • Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

Whether RC shards were available at a "cheap price" is up for debate.

Not really.
    50 crystal refresh is the cheapest way to farm very valuable fleet node gear. If you go for Executor, you need those type of gear, so spending crystal for these refreshes is the way to go. So basically, 50 crystal refreshes cost you nothing, because spending crystal this way is efficient, galactic chase or not. Let’s say I’m wrong, so it’s a total cost of 750 crystals for 5 days chase.
    Without counting bonus energy, that’s 3000 energy for 5 days. 2% drop rate per energy, that’s 60 shards. I don’t remember seeing a pack at 750 crystals giving away 60 shards. And that’s if I’m wrong. If I’m right in my initial statement, that’s 60 shards basically for free.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

Well, the Galactic Chase was a good move and player friendly. No criticism there but the shard drops were (as they are for these events) not exactly generous. Plus people (probably) spend crystals on refreshes so I doubt it was exactly an act of altruism. But you know all this.

Secondly, there is s shard pack for the RC for sale right now. I doubt the timing is a coincidence and it's not exactly outlandish to suggest that CG are trying to monetise the RC for people trying to meet the requirements for the Executor tomorrow. I think the RC shard gamble pack ends at about the same time the Executor event ends. Intention is fairly clear.

I agree with you, they are trying to monetize the RC via packs, no argument there, and I have no problem with that. It’s just the theory ‘they delay conquest on purpose so that less people will unlock the executor’ that I failed to grasp, especially because the galactic chase did the exact opposite.

On a side note, as I tried to explain on the post just above, this Galactic chase was great for players. Not an act of altruism, but very player friendly.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    This is no more important than pokemon.

how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.