Conquest cancelled for august

Replies

• Options
    Can't wait to do 3 conquest back to back. As if it isn't already grindy and boring.
  • Options
    @Kyno

So on another thread you dropped a sentence that said easy conquest might be a thing of the past. Care to provide information on this? Should I care that the conquest is delayed since I am only 3.1m GP and not part of the coveted player base that might be allowed to play the event?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    Kyno

So on another thread you dropped a sentence that said easy conquest might be a thing of the past. Care to provide information on this? Should I care that the conquest is delayed since I am only 3.1m GP and not part of the coveted player base that might be allowed to play the event?

You can play the event.

No clue what Kyno is talking about (assuming he actually said that).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thorozar11
    271 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno

You can play the event.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248088/changing-the-gp-requirements-for-conquest-hard-mode-to-3m/p4

His post at 5:42 PM, page 4. I can't post the quote directly here as that thread is closed.

Here is his post though copy/paste:

"They have already stated it's not hitting the mark, so that would imply that, that situation was not intentional.

I'm not saying you cant or shouldn't share that, just expressing that the intent behind that, was very intentional and not likely to change, as it has a very specific purpose.

I suspect that with all the character changes and other things easy Conquest may be on the way out."
  • Options
    Kyno

You can play the event.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248088/changing-the-gp-requirements-for-conquest-hard-mode-to-3m/p4

His post at 5:42 PM, page 4. I can't post the quote directly here as that thread is closed.

"They have already stated it's not hitting the mark, so that would imply that, that situation was not intentional.

I'm not saying you cant or shouldn't share that, just expressing that the intent behind that, was very intentional and not likely to change, as it has a very specific purpose.

I suspect that with all the character changes and other things easy Conquest may be on the way out."

I took that to mean that the difficulty will be ramped up going forward. For many end games players, even the hard mode was rather “easy” to reach the max reward crate.
  • Options
    Hope you are right, just want confirmation that easy mode will still be a thing, just will be harder which is expected with the nerf coming.
  • Options
    So have we gotten any official word from CG about what is happening with Conquest? @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI @CG_SBCrumb_MINI
  • Options
    Hope you are right, just want confirmation that easy mode will still be a thing, just will be harder which is expected with the nerf coming.

in context, his quote was regarding hard mode being considered very easy atm. Which it is. Conquest doesn't have an actual 'easy' mode in name. has normal and hard.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

in context, his quote was regarding hard mode being considered very easy atm. Which it is. Conquest doesn't have an actual 'easy' mode in name. has normal and hard.

It's worth noting, though, that a mention of easy mode was accidentally added to some announcement. That would be hard to explain unless it's actually being worked on.
  • Options
    Come on CG provide people some information loads of players want to unlock CAT and are extremely close and getting bored now waiting just give us some communication when the next conquest is going to be it’s not hard
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

It's worth noting, though, that a mention of easy mode was accidentally added to some announcement. That would be hard to explain unless it's actually being worked on.
    Much more likely that Doja just accidentally used “easy” to describe the mode that isn’t “hard”
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Much more likely that Doja just accidentally used “easy” to describe the mode that isn’t “hard”

I think it explicitly said that easy mode will be added, but it was quickly deleted and I'm not sure if there are any screenshots floating around. Well, we should know for sure soon enough.
  • Options

I think it explicitly said that easy mode will be added, but it was quickly deleted and I'm not sure if there are any screenshots floating around. Well, we should know for sure soon enough.
    The occasion I’m remembering simply referred to normal mode as easy mode.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

The occasion I’m remembering simply referred to normal mode as easy mode.

Went and looked it up, the quote from Doja is this:
    "A previous version of this post stated "new Easy Mode for Conquest," which was a mistake. Also, the post originally did not include the new modifiers that have been added to General Skywalker and Sith Empire (Staunch Reprisal and Cruel Conspiracies, respectively)"
  • Options
    I thought the lack of content last year was so they could make a platform to easily create and modify new content (conquest) this year. Why does it take 6 weeks to modify existing content when they spent most of last creating a platform to easily modify the content?
  • Options
    I thought the lack of content last year was so they could make a platform to easily create and modify new content (conquest) this year. Why does it take 6 weeks to modify existing content when they spent most of last creating a platform to easily modify the content?

My guess is they messed up with the nerfing of almost all good non GLs at the same time as the changed conquest
    .probably they are expiring some issues with the balance in conquest as most bosses are GLs.

Why they didn’t just run one more conquest like the six before in august is a good question.
    My guess is that they don’t really understand that it’s us the players, the whales the dolphins and the FTP that keep this game relevant by playing it and in extension we are paying their wages.

Companies that don’t have a deep understanding that the customers are the key to their success sooner or later fail.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    ☝️
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    So when is conquest again ?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »

Sometime between "soon" and "never". Probably closer to "soon".
  • Options

Sometime between "soon" and "never". Probably closer to "soon".

though at this point it feels like never :tongue:
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So the ship load of content became no content again ? Back to Square 1 ?

Still don't understand why they cannot run conquest while fixing it? Then patch it when it all ready and "tested" for the next conquest.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Some reasons that come to my mind for the delays

1. Maul broke the game - either he is too powerful or too weak. So they need more time to fine tune him. This delaying the while thing so they have more time

2. They really want their data on ships. So they are still trying to come out with GC feats that work for conquest. They are REALLY into ships !!! [Not really]

3. They looked at the income and it is not enough. So they are delaying it so that we need to spend more with the new conquest.
  • Options

1. Maul broke the game - either he is too powerful or too weak. So they need more time to fine tune him. This delaying the while thing so they have more time

2. They really want their data on ships. So they are still trying to come out with GC feats that work for conquest. They are REALLY into ships !!! [Not really]

3. They looked at the income and it is not enough. So they are delaying it so that we need to spend more with the new conquest.

Maul wil need at last 3 month farm, as CAT was.
    The real problem is CAT, as Luke was.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Kyno

You can play the event.

I took that to mean that the difficulty will be ramped up going forward. For many end games players, even the hard mode was rather “easy” to reach the max reward crate.

I dont know if any other direct changes will be made, at this time, but the character changes being made, I suspect will impact players who used them to counter sector bosses.

But I also agree, they had always spoken about thia game mode having iterations, and since we have not seen this yet, and the long break, I took that to mean we could see other changes too, now that we are exiting what I think was the "ironing out" stage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options

Yes from my understanding that is still an idea, but I dont know the timeline if this is going to be introduced.
  • Options
    They delayed it so those that didn't get perfect runs for the conquests before have to wait for CAT..
  • Options

Reason 1 is unlikely, because we do the testing for them
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Howrude wrote: »
    They delayed it so those that didn't get perfect runs for the conquests before have to wait for CAT..

I have CAT and no perfect runs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Howrude wrote: »

I like greedy evil plans as much as the next guy, but I don’t get the end goal for this one.
This discussion has been closed.