Conquest cancelled for august

Replies

• Options
    CG just give everyone the rewards for no conquest this month …. Problem solved
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Nah
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    It's like Conquest comes in seasons, with different rewards, discs, bosses, etc. Makes sense to have some time in between - Conquest can be pretty time-intensive when it's active.
  • Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    It's like Conquest comes in seasons, with different rewards, discs, bosses, etc. Makes sense to have some time in between - Conquest can be pretty time-intensive when it's active.

But in this case that time in between is just going to make the next season even more time-intensive. If the next one doesn't start in August then we're probably going to have a back-to-back scenario where there's barely a break between two of the three. Or worse, if the changes to Conquest take longer than anticipated, we could have all three in a row
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Honestly at this point they should have just launched the last version with CAT and the RC again.

I dont think the delay is just so they can change the rewards.

Yeah, it's also to limit R8 materials acquisition, CAT and RC/Executor unlocks.

THB (tinfoil hat brigade) in full force.

WKD (white knight defense) in full force as well I see.
    Nauros wrote: »
    Honestly at this point they should have just launched the last version with CAT and the RC again.

And what else is keeping them from running the old version with only the rewards changed until the new one is ready?

The release cadence they stated for Conquest characters.

Except Galactic Chase wasn't part of the announced cadence. (I'm not saying it was bad - just that they already changed it.)
    n8l2r0jedqwt.png
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

It makes total sense from a $$$ point of view. Tell the players it’s delayed because of reason they will never be able to validate, delay gear/mat/shards acquisition until after the first run of EXE, then once the whales are milked, start the conquest…profit. Nothing tin foil hat about that. It’s the same reason the gear economy hasn’t been touched, despite intense player feedback…..money. There is no denying that.

There are a group that can validate that they are doing testing and working out final details due to feedback, but yes, of course, it's all a nefarious plan, total nailed it on the head.

Except they can't validate anything because they can't comment about anything testing related.

CGDF actually.

Not that it would matter, anyone saying they are testing, discussing feedback, and working on putting it all together based on a balance of what they want and that feedback would just be dismissed, as it cant be that "simple", it must be some plan that is solely based on some hidden and not stated plan, not the stated one.

I was thinking White Kyno Defense but didn't want to call you out specifically.
    You are doing the exact opposite. No decision ever was made with monetization in mind. It's always everything else behind the scenes. One would think that money is never mention at CG based on most of your comments.
    Why is it so unbelievable that Conquest was partially delayed because Executor was announced and they wanted to limit the number of people that unlock it day one (or push them to spend)? Is it so outlandish to assume something like this in a F2P game?

If they wanted to limit the number of people that unlock it day one, galactic chase RC was a bad idea. They should have stick to packs for the shards missing.

On one hand you have paid packs with guaranteed X amount of ship shards.
    On the other you have battles with a chance of ship shards (esentially lootboxes) and crystal refreshes.
    I don't know what's better since I don't have the data. But personally I think people are more willing to spend on crystals than on paid packs.

I agree, they are, because it’s cheaper. So if you want to limit the number of people that unlock executor day one, which was your claim, it was a bad plan.

It's not a bad plan just because it's not "100% block everyone who doesn't spend". You could call a lot of monetization schemes a "bad plan" if that was the case.

I’m confused, please explain it to me. By delaying conquest on purpose, did they want to limit the number of people that unlock executor, as you said, or not ? If so, why did they offer a galactic chase for razor crest instead of just selling packs, that would limit the number of players unlocking the executor and give them more money because it’s more expensive to get shards this way ?

My first comment mentioned R8 materials and later comment "pushing people to spend" both of which you promptly ignored. No wonder you are confused.

So, if I understand correctly, they want to limit the numbers of people unlocking the executor, so they push back conquest, because:

It reduces the numbers of r8 material
    It reduces the gear income via loot box, so players are more inclined to spend

But on the other hand, they help people who were missing razor crest shards to get some more at a cheap price.

So players who have r8 but not enough razor shards are the ones CG want to unlock executor, so CG helps them; but players without enough r8 have limited access on purpose;

So they limit the numbers of players unlocking the executor by pushing back conquest on purpose but on the other hand, they facilitate access to the event to other people.

Doesn’t that seem a little far fetched to you ? ‘We’re late in our work because it’s too expensive to hire more people’ seems more likely if I was looking for a greedy reason to push back conquest.

Whether RC shards were available at a "cheap price" is up for debate.

Not really.
    50 crystal refresh is the cheapest way to farm very valuable fleet node gear. If you go for Executor, you need those type of gear, so spending crystal for these refreshes is the way to go. So basically, 50 crystal refreshes cost you nothing, because spending crystal this way is efficient, galactic chase or not. Let’s say I’m wrong, so it’s a total cost of 750 crystals for 5 days chase.
    Without counting bonus energy, that’s 3000 energy for 5 days. 2% drop rate per energy, that’s 60 shards. I don’t remember seeing a pack at 750 crystals giving away 60 shards. And that’s if I’m wrong. If I’m right in my initial statement, that’s 60 shards basically for free.

I guess they forgot how to monetize their game after earning their first billion dollars.
  • Options
    @Kyno

I have a request. Can we get a sort of review phase after Conquest ends? Basically, once the two week round runs its course, we get whatever reward crate we earned, and the event stays with no rewards, energy, etc. In the interim between Conquest seasons, folks can keep working at battles for zero rewards, or just mess around with discs and other team comps to potentially use in the next season.

We have something similar in GC, since you can play them as many times as you want for no rewards, but this would give people more variety in those battles, and also feel more productive because of access to discs and Conquest teams/abilities. I'd even be fine with keeping energy in place so there's some kind of gate that people would have to pay crystals if they wanna do more battles, but at least it'd be something else to do while we wait between events.
  • Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    I'm just grumpy because I planned resources and energy to unlock CAT in August. I shall remain grumpy until I unlock CAT. What we say here doesn't matter. All that's left to do is wait until new conquest is launched. Oh well.

Same ... Everything is ready for CAT (gear, zetas, etc) except for a few more shards ...

Now we just wait ...
  • Options
    CG will find that they have broken a great many things. They have no limiting principle to the nonsense they are releasing. Too much too fast, then they leave some people holding the goods and keeping others from getting it. This company is a hot mess. I feel sorry for people who have to defend them due to politics.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    CG will find that they have broken a great many things. They have no limiting principle to the nonsense they are releasing. Too much too fast, then they leave some people holding the goods and keeping others from getting it. This company is a hot mess. I feel sorry for people who have to defend them due to politics.

Who has to defend them due to politics lol.
  • Options
    Delaying the conquest had one other effect: if your guild can't do Crancor, you were probably hosed on getting Executor.

Unless you spent money ...
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    Delaying the conquest had one other effect: if your guild can't do Crancor, you were probably hosed on getting Executor.

Unless you spent money ...

Judging by the executor post, there were protecting people from making a mistake.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    You can spend money on r8 mats?
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Judging by the latest Dev post, saying that they are refunding R8 materials on GAS and the rest this week, with character changes coming into effect next week, Conquest will probably launch the week after that.
  • Options
    With only 30 CAT shards needed to unlock her I am devastated by this news its cancelled for august it’s just another typical CG moment making you wait it’s been almost a month since the last one and now have to wait to September had enough of this game tbh
  • Options
    With only 30 CAT shards needed to unlock her I am devastated by this news its cancelled for august it’s just another typical CG moment making you wait it’s been almost a month since the last one and now have to wait to September had enough of this game tbh

Title miss a question mark. Conquest is late, we don’t know when it will be available.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You can spend money on r8 mats?

dxie1ituacps.jpg

Yes.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Hahaha well it had to happen at some point.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Hahaha well it had to happen at some point.

I'm pretty sure this pack was already available at some point(s). Similar pack was available the day R8 was added to the game.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/238886/content-update-12-09-2020#latest
  • Options
    How will CG compensate players who already have CAT at seven stars for this next conquest. Shard currency seems like a joke of a reward…on top of that small pittance of gear we receive for the red crate
  • Options

And what else is keeping them from running the old version with only the rewards changed until the new one is ready?

Except Galactic Chase wasn't part of the announced cadence. (I'm not saying it was bad - just that they already changed it.)
    n8l2r0jedqwt.png

It makes total sense from a $$$ point of view. Tell the players it’s delayed because of reason they will never be able to validate, delay gear/mat/shards acquisition until after the first run of EXE, then once the whales are milked, start the conquest…profit. Nothing tin foil hat about that. It’s the same reason the gear economy hasn’t been touched, despite intense player feedback…..money. There is no denying that.

There are a group that can validate that they are doing testing and working out final details due to feedback, but yes, of course, it's all a nefarious plan, total nailed it on the head.

Except they can't validate anything because they can't comment about anything testing related.

CGDF actually.

Not that it would matter, anyone saying they are testing, discussing feedback, and working on putting it all together based on a balance of what they want and that feedback would just be dismissed, as it cant be that "simple", it must be some plan that is solely based on some hidden and not stated plan, not the stated one.

You are doing the exact opposite. No decision ever was made with monetization in mind. It's always everything else behind the scenes. One would think that money is never mention at CG based on most of your comments.
    Why is it so unbelievable that Conquest was partially delayed because Executor was announced and they wanted to limit the number of people that unlock it day one (or push them to spend)? Is it so outlandish to assume something like this in a F2P game?

If they wanted to limit the number of people that unlock it day one, galactic chase RC was a bad idea. They should have stick to packs for the shards missing.

On the other you have battles with a chance of ship shards (esentially lootboxes) and crystal refreshes.
    I don't know what's better since I don't have the data. But personally I think people are more willing to spend on crystals than on paid packs.

I agree, they are, because it’s cheaper. So if you want to limit the number of people that unlock executor day one, which was your claim, it was a bad plan.

It's not a bad plan just because it's not "100% block everyone who doesn't spend". You could call a lot of monetization schemes a "bad plan" if that was the case.

I’m confused, please explain it to me. By delaying conquest on purpose, did they want to limit the number of people that unlock executor, as you said, or not ? If so, why did they offer a galactic chase for razor crest instead of just selling packs, that would limit the number of players unlocking the executor and give them more money because it’s more expensive to get shards this way ?

You don't need 7* Razor Crest to unlock the Executor, but you do need r8 materials. The Conquest was delayed, so fewer aeromagnifiers were available, meaning some people had to buy them. So why RC chase? to generate hype. You give people something for "free" (not really free, but more easily available), and get them excited for the Executor. Then when tje Executor comes out, they're more invested in unlocking it because they invested in the chase. And once the Executor is unlocked, they're motivated to spend crystals to get it to 7* because they just got the 7* RC for that very reason.

So no, I don't think the Razor Crest invalidates the idea that part of the Conquest delay was to prevent ease of unlocking Executor and induce customer spending.
  • Options
    Budgernaut wrote: »

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

You don't need 7* Razor Crest to unlock the Executor, but you do need r8 materials. The Conquest was delayed, so fewer aeromagnifiers were available, meaning some people had to buy them. So why RC chase? to generate hype. You give people something for "free" (not really free, but more easily available), and get them excited for the Executor. Then when tje Executor comes out, they're more invested in unlocking it because they invested in the chase. And once the Executor is unlocked, they're motivated to spend crystals to get it to 7* because they just got the 7* RC for that very reason.

So no, I don't think the Razor Crest invalidates the idea that part of the Conquest delay was to prevent ease of unlocking Executor and induce customer spending.
    Thank you, it was very clear. However, ‘Prevent ease of unlocking’ and ‘limit the numbers of players unlocking executor’ is not the same thing.

Last tier of the event (not the bonus tier) needs 7* ships according to the Journey guide. Nevertheless, this argument only opposed the claim that the plan was to limit the numbers of players unlocking the ship, so it’s not important for your take on the subject.

I don’t have solid arguments to oppose your theory that conquest was delayed on purpose to generate more money. I just don’t believe it.
  • Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    You don't need 7* Razor Crest to unlock the Executor

This is wrong. You need the required ships at 7* to be eligible for the 4th tier of the event, which unlocks the Executor.

Well I botched that one. Now I don't think I'll be ready by September after all, since RC and TIE Bomber are still 6*. Blast!
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

Thank you, it was very clear. However, ‘Prevent ease of unlocking’ and ‘limit the numbers of players unlocking executor’ is not the same thing.

Last tier of the event (not the bonus tier) needs 7* ships according to the Journey guide. Nevertheless, this argument only opposed the claim that the plan was to limit the numbers of players unlocking the ship, so it’s not important for your take on the subject.

I don’t have solid arguments to oppose your theory that conquest was delayed on purpose to generate more money. I just don’t believe it.

The claim was never "limit the number of players unlocking Executor". It was "Conquest was delayed partially because they wanted to limit the number of players unlocking Executor". Context is important and yet you keep ignoring it to make your arguments sound better.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

The claim was never "limit the number of players unlocking Executor". It was "Conquest was delayed partially because they wanted to limit the number of players unlocking Executor". Context is important and yet you keep ignoring it to make your arguments sound better.

You’re right, I wasn’t clear on this last post. My argument opposed the claim that part of the plan was to limit the numbers of players unlocking the executor. If it’s an unimportant part of the plan, you could just move on. It doesn’t invalidate the rest of your claim.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

n8l2r0jedqwt.png

CGDF actually.

You’re right, I wasn’t clear on this last post. My argument opposed the claim that part of the plan was to limit the numbers of players unlocking the executor. If it’s an unimportant part of the plan, you could just move on. It doesn’t invalidate the rest of your claim.

‘Prevent ease of unlocking’ and ‘limit the numbers of players unlocking executor’ aren't the same thing but they are not mutually exclusive. The more difficult something is to obtain the more it limits the number of players getting it.
  • Oblivionus_SWGoH
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Anyway, I guess there still is absolutely no news on when they will start the next Conquest ?
    It's not like many of us would like to activate Commander Ahsoka Tano or anything.
    Btw, I don't have GLs, and can still get max crate (for those above that said they only rotate their GL squads).
    I admit that I needed 6 refreshes in the last Conquest, but 300 is not that much IMO.
    Since CG don't seem to have a clue what they want to do with Conquest (probably messing around with it that you can't beat the GL bosses without haveing one yourself - also see upcoming changes to GLs and non-GL counter nerfs), they should have done the reasonable thing and just start it with the old rulesets and in the meantime continue working on their overhaul.
    Post edited by Kyno on
This discussion has been closed.