Changing the gp requirements for conquest hard mode to 3m

Prev13456
Shadow1989
130 posts Member
edited August 2021
Any particular reason you need 4m gp to unlock hard mode.

I have cleared normal conquest at 2m+ gp.
This is ludicrous… to reach 4m gp i need another year or two.
Each normal conquest gives me 25 Cat shard… it will take me years to unlock CAT. By then how many new conquest character are there?

The chase is never ending… please unlock the 4m requirements for newer players.(those playing 1-2years)
Post edited by Shadow1989 on

Replies

• Options
    While some under 4m would be able to do well on hard node, most would suffer in it. The 4m requirement is there to prevent this.

Game is also about achievements. Getting to 4m is one of them.
  • Options
    The achievement of beating Normal IS an achievement.

When the 1st box in Hard is better than the last box in Normal, why not let design the Event so those that wish to challenge their Roster (AS THE DEVS SAID THIS CONTENT WAS DESIGNED TO DO) and keep climbing higher?

I say if a roster beat Normal, it should unlock Hard for them and see how far they get. It won't jeopardize their Rewards and ends this unnecessary divide..
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    As for CAT, she's likely to be in a more accessible farming location before you get to Hard Mode.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Honestly, Conquest does seem very easy, and the recent conversation around balance testing the next round of changes, has me thinking things may be a little different with that and the character changes, or maybe its balance testing just around those character changes. Either way, beating the last boss, and getting that max crate will be a little different moving forward.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    Any particular reason you need 4m gp to unlock hard mode.

I have cleared normal conquest at 2m+ gp.
    This is ludicrous… to reach 4m gp i need another year or two.
    Each normal conquest gives me 25 Cat shard… it will take me years to unlock CAT. By then how many new conquest character are there?

The chase is never ending… please unlock the 4m requirements for newer players.(those playing 1-2years)

After 1 year, each character will go to an event or something like that, so yes it will take more than a year, but probably not 2.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    I say if a roster beat Normal, it should unlock Hard for them and see how far they get. It won't jeopardize their Rewards and ends this unnecessary divide..

But then you'd get rewards from both normal and hard.

CAT is the first GP-gated character, but 4 mil seems reasonable by most accounts. It isn't season 1 with Dread or Speed discs or OP cooling systems anymore, and you'd get destroyed with anything less. I won't be surprised if next season is even more challenging.
  • Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    The chase is never ending…

Atta boy, now you’re getting it!
  • Options
    I used two team to clear normal conquest.
    Slkr solo
    Kru ky sith hux trooper

My first conquest before i get my slkr, i was able to clear it with one team, bought many stamina(1500 crystals)

Now i can easily complete it without spending crystals now that my team 1 and 2 r8.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    so it proofs u cant get everything at whaling out - or am i wrong?
  • Options
    Agreed my alt can do normal at 2.5mill. It’s a pain not even being able to access hard mode. I’m a long way off it, even though you really only need 2 reliced teams (one jedi one sith) to do well. Pretty confident i can fudge my way to the first box.
  • Options
    Having a GP minimum for Hard Mode Conquest forces people to develop their rosters further, even if people can clear Normal Conquest with max crate at 2.5m GP. Even if you could access Hard Mode Conquest at 2.5m GP, I’d only expect you to reach the first reward crate. Max Normal Crate = First Hard Crate so the rewards are not any different.

It’s great that you cleared Normal Conquest but Hard Conquest is far more difficult than what some people imagine
  • Options
    Well there’s a pretty easy solution to this problem. Improve your roster.

I’m not trying to be glib—the game mode is designed for a wide roster that uses multiple teams. Make more teams.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Well there’s a pretty easy solution to this problem. Improve your roster.

I’m not trying to be glib—the game mode is designed for a wide roster that uses multiple teams. Make more teams.

Pretty hard to just go from 2.5m to 4m in two weeks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    I was somehow able to beat Normal conquest at 2 mil GP but that doesn't mean I'm able to obtain the red box. I still have a lot to improve to get to that point. Once I do, the next step up would be accessing Hard conquest, but for now I can keep on getting better rewards Conquest after conquest. I'm fine not being able to access Hard conquest yet.
  • Options
    Rebmes wrote: »

But then you'd get rewards from both normal and hard.

CAT is the first GP-gated character, but 4 mil seems reasonable by most accounts. It isn't season 1 with Dread or Speed discs or OP cooling systems anymore, and you'd get destroyed with anything less. I won't be surprised if next season is even more challenging.

no, you would just get the next highest reward box you unlocked, if it's Hard reward 1, it's still better than max Normal box and so on.

it's more difficult to get in the 2 weeks but that's based off the each our roster and the decision to make either Normal or Hard.
  • Options
    Hard Conquest reward box is essentially the same as max reward box for Normal Conquest.
  • Options
    It’s great that you cleared Normal Conquest but Hard Conquest is far more difficult than what some people imagine

I honestly disagree with this.

Every conquest to date I've cleared sector 1 with almost exclusively my FO team that has 1 relic character (an R3 KRU), my Geo team with 1 relic character(an R2 GBA), and then my GL team for the boss fight. (which you can totally have at 2M GP.)

I then switch to... is it jedi first? It's either JKR or Vader/sith, whichever of those is next, for pretty much the entire next sector (2 relic chars on jedi, "4" on sith, but could also easily not run DR/BSF and only have 2), again, GL for boss.

This works perfectly up through sector 3's boss.

None of these teams are insanely high-end, or unreasonable for someone in the 2-3M GP range to have.
    And with the GL teams in sector 4 and 5, you need a somewhat decent team to beat normal anyway.

The biggest roadblock I can see is getting stuck on a GAS team without a counter in sector 1.
    This could easily be changed by preventing GAS teams from spawning in sector 1, or at a minimum after the "second" data disk.

I could easily remove like 70% of my roster and have it not affect my ability to do hard conquest.
    This would easily push me down below the 4M GP mark.

Mods are probably the bigger roadblock, but again, a GL team alone can basically clear sector 1 and 2 by the end of a conquest, which will pretty easily get you a crate or 2, and you wouldn't need top tier mods for a GL team to beat non-GL teams in hard conquest.

I've gotten max crate every hard conquest so far while using barely better than G12 teams fairly consistently.
  • Options
    Hard Conquest reward box is essentially the same as max reward box for Normal Conquest.

they are very similar but not the same..

All I am advocating for is if one maxes out the Reward box for Normal, since that was the choice they made, then Hard is open to them in the same 2 week period. If they can get to the 1st box in Hard, that replaces their max Reward in Normal and so on. It rewards players for continuing to develop their Roster and does not affect any other player's competition. It would certainly not be easy for them to keep grinding away as the 2 weeks tick away and with the energy refreshes, it would encourage Crystal spending.. A win for the DEVS and the player is rewarded with a higher box, if they make it..
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Those at 2m to 3.9m should get access to conquest hard mode if they feel they could.

Playing for 2-3years take you to 4m gp. Unless you are a kraken..

You need to spent about 30k usd minimally to reach 4m gp.(i have a kraken in my shard at 3.8m gp spending 30k playing 4-5 months)
    My alt is only at 2.7m gp… amazingly someone is whaling twice as hard as my alt.

You mean those playing for 1-2 years and are good for hard mode conquest, do not deserve the same rewards with 4m gp?

Haters, just go away this thread
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Zumwan wrote: »
    I was somehow able to beat Normal conquest at 2 mil GP but that doesn't mean I'm able to obtain the red box. I still have a lot to improve to get to that point. Once I do, the next step up would be accessing Hard conquest, but for now I can keep on getting better rewards Conquest after conquest. I'm fine not being able to access Hard conquest yet.

Nah, i can solo it with my slkr team.. all of them r8. I just have to buy 1500-2000 crystals for stamina refresh and i can get top 3 crates, definitely not the red box though as i wont get some feats.

As some guys previously state, it does not affect other players and it helps dev earn $$
  • Options
    Jeez if you have to spend 1500-2000 crystals on refreshes to get max crate you might need to diversify your roster.

Say CG goes ahead and allows <4 Mil GP rosters access to hard node (very very unlikely). Say someone at 2 million goes ahead to try out Hard Mode but can’t get the first reward crate, try has they might. You’ll find a lot (more) of angry people on the Forums complaining about the difficulty of an event, only this time it’s an event that lasts 2 weeks and comes once a month.

If you’re able to get the max crate in Normal Conquest, congratulations. Your next step is to build your roster to 4m to be able to reach Hard Conquest. Simple as that. You can develop a ton of teams that’ll help yourself and your guild in the meantime.
  • Options

they are very similar but not the same..

All I am advocating for is if one maxes out the Reward box for Normal, since that was the choice they made, then Hard is open to them in the same 2 week period. If they can get to the 1st box in Hard, that replaces their max Reward in Normal and so on. It rewards players for continuing to develop their Roster and does not affect any other player's competition. It would certainly not be easy for them to keep grinding away as the 2 weeks tick away and with the energy refreshes, it would encourage Crystal spending.. A win for the DEVS and the player is rewarded with a higher box, if they make it..

I would have to disagree, if this was done then everyone would have to start on normal otherwise they would get less currency than a person doing both.
  • Options
    Having a GP minimum for Hard Mode Conquest forces people to develop their rosters further, even if people can clear Normal Conquest with max crate at 2.5m GP. Even if you could access Hard Mode Conquest at 2.5m GP, I’d only expect you to reach the first reward crate. Max Normal Crate = First Hard Crate so the rewards are not any different.

The first crate would be my aim yes, though it wouldn’t be surprising to get further. Granted if you needed a larger roster it would be an issue, but with a reliced dr and jedi/padme gr i have all i need right now. At least assuming things remain more or less the same as current hard node. Kinda says more about hard mode than it does about my 2 teams that can do work but that’s the way the game plays.

Roster development: I’m in the middle of developing towards the final part of the gas event, then it’s onto gl kylo. Gl kylo plus requirements is still at a guess less than a cool mill. Even then i may not hit 4 mill without leveling or gearing things i have no current use for. I could develop the gp number faster but at the expense of nearly every game experience.

In short I suspect I’ll be op in normal mode for a long, unentertaining, unchallenging time.

The number they set feels wrong and tbh I don’t like gp gates anyway. It takes the fun out of struggling and trying new tactics by taking away the choice.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Jeez if you have to spend 1500-2000 crystals on refreshes to get max crate you might need to diversify your roster.

Say CG goes ahead and allows <4 Mil GP rosters access to hard node (very very unlikely). Say someone at 2 million goes ahead to try out Hard Mode but can’t get the first reward crate, try has they might. You’ll find a lot (more) of angry people on the Forums complaining about the difficulty of an event, only this time it’s an event that lasts 2 weeks and comes once a month.

If you’re able to get the max crate in Normal Conquest, congratulations. Your next step is to build your roster to 4m to be able to reach Hard Conquest. Simple as that. You can develop a ton of teams that’ll help yourself and your guild in the meantime.

I get where you are coming from. If you cannot even clear normal, why try hard >_<. You just dont know how to play this game obviously.

Like i had given examples, u need 2-3 years to reach 4m gp. For average spenders, 2 years is considered fast.
    In two years time, you will get CAT but those with access to hard conquest has CAT Maul and more?

The gap will be further and further away…

Divisions in gac/arena shards resolves the gap issue for players… Those started earlier… 3-5 years and those who started late… There is no disadvantage or unfairness in terms of gameplay, as you get to play within people matched as the same time u started playing.

There is a HUGE disadvantage for Conquest. 20-25 shards for normal conquest? You kidding? Need i explain more?

Just like new players(2-3 years) can never gain access to executor unless you are a kraken. 2 years to unlock RC? Gosh… When you get RC after 1.5 years, there is another ship or something new.

Therefore, removing the 4m requirements reduces the gap between old and new players. It is a win win situation for players and CG.
  • Options
    GP gates are also on Geo TB, GL events, and Epic Confrontations events. Having a GP gate on Conquest isn’t anything new. Even past 4m GP you still can try new tactics so I don’t really understand that argument
  • Options
    There will always be characters out of reach for newer players. CAT and Maul are just 2 of them, there are others as well.

Should newer players be able to access all the characters immediately? No. Raid characters take months, TB characters even longer.

People that have invested quite a lot of time in the game will be able to though, which is why roster development is very important. CAT and Maul will take a long time for people to get that are newer or <4 mil. So? Eventually they’ll be added to the conquest shop, once they’re phased out of reward crates
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    There are many games, where those who started 3-5 years ahead are so far ahead that new players can never catch up. Many players eventually lose interest and stop playing.

Conquest is such a feature… please do not deny a portion of the players that started playing late(1-2 years new players)

Yaya, i get it hard mode is tough therefore there is a gp requirements. Some of us players managed to overcome and catch up with those older players(3-5 years) in terms of our rooster and i see no point where such paying and strong players are locked down by conquest, making us further and further away from older players(3-5years)
  • Options
    GP gates are also on Geo TB, GL events, and Epic Confrontations events. Having a GP gate on Conquest isn’t anything new. Even past 4m GP you still can try new tactics so I don’t really understand that argument

No they’re not new but I didn’t think they were. I simply don’t like them. That was the entirety of that portion of the argument :wink:

In terms of the rest of the argument, take the gas event. Also gp gated. If you reach the gp requirement you’ve still got sod all chance. But you can play it, you can try out tactics and come to reasonable conclusion as to where you are. You won’t win but that’s not the point.

The gp gate for conquest however has you held back long past when you become effective. You can’t try anything out, you can’t understand what the challenge level is and you can’t get your bum handed to you and choose normal next time. You have no choice but to saunter through the normal mode.

Now you could say maybe that the gp gate for gas is too low. I’m sure it’s been said. For conquest I say 4mill is just silly.

It would be better to gate it according to whether you can complete normal (which it is - if you manage to fail even at 10mill gp you can’t do hard).
  • Options

No they’re not new but I didn’t think they were. I simply don’t like them. That was the entirety of that portion of the argument :wink:

In terms of the rest of the argument, take the gas event. Also gp gated. If you reach the gp requirement you’ve still got sod all chance. But you can play it, you can try out tactics and come to reasonable conclusion as to where you are. You won’t win but that’s not the point.

The gp gate for conquest however has you held back long past when you become effective. You can’t try anything out, you can’t understand what the challenge level is and you can’t get your bum handed to you and choose normal next time. You have no choice but to saunter through the normal mode.

Now you could say maybe that the gp gate for gas is too low. I’m sure it’s been said. For conquest I say 4mill is just silly.

It would be better to gate it according to whether you can complete normal (which it is - if you manage to fail even at 10mill gp you can’t do hard).

Exactly, you should unlock hard mode once u beat normal. That way, no one can complain hard mode is too hard for them.
  • Options
    The argument is about unlocking hard mode once you beaten normal mode. Do not tell me, you need a 4m rooster blah blah blah.

You seen a 2m rooster better then a 3m before? Rooster does not mean anything. I seen many slkr at 1.5gp at newer shards. These account deserves to play at conquest hard mode
This discussion has been closed.