Changing the gp requirements for conquest hard mode to 3m

Replies

• Options
    CG doesn't care how long players have invested time, resources into their rosters, just look at the Nerfs coming..

CG does care about increasing spending on crystals.. If Hard was unlocked for those who maxed out Normal, this would encourage that.

AND since the Nerfs are going to force players to go for GLs AND GLs mainly, then new rosters are to continue to be paired down to just GL requirements.. And if one has a couple of GLs and their requirements, just how far would one get into Hard mode, maybe the 1st box, maybe more?

Conquest was intentionally designed to test a Roster but CG has decided that the players' rosters are only for the GLs..

Conquest needs to addressed..

Maybe these new changes will do that, maybe not..
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    no new player will face and old player in their shard, so no GAP.
    thats it.
    Player with 1.5 MioGP and SLKR don´t really seem well developed for me. so they are highly focused on single player actions and not on guild activities. it can go well, but a SLKR also can only complete one mission on Hoth TB for example.

come one, in this game there are existing rules and reqs. does anybody complain about the GP reqs for malak? No. GP reqs for TB Missions? No.

there will be an incoming change for Conquest, maybe new feats? so, there could be the possibility u wont get the max crate in normal mode.

spending this amount on crystals on a game mode seems very extravagant. these crystals would help way more in other places. but hey, everybody can do what he want unless he fullfills the reqs...
  • Options
    and I disagree, many people do not raise gp so as not to enter another gac division, the truth is that reaching 4 miles is not so teudne and does not take so much time, the same fleet of all capital ships on 7 ☆ without an executor is 400k? the problem is that many people with new noe accounts are doing dr, jkr because this noe is needed.
  • Options
    Larx wrote: »
    no new player will face and old player in their shard, so no GAP.
    thats it.
    Player with 1.5 MioGP and SLKR don´t really seem well developed for me. so they are highly focused on single player actions and not on guild activities. it can go well, but a SLKR also can only complete one mission on Hoth TB for example.

come one, in this game there are existing rules and reqs. does anybody complain about the GP reqs for malak? No. GP reqs for TB Missions? No.

there will be an incoming change for Conquest, maybe new feats? so, there could be the possibility u wont get the max crate in normal mode.

spending this amount on crystals on a game mode seems very extravagant. these crystals would help way more in other places. but hey, everybody can do what he want unless he fullfills the reqs...

1)Show me a better roaster at 1.5m gp.

Jokes on you.

At 1.5m gp with slkr, u can own everyone at gac and sqaud arena. You can solo hsith, do well in conquest and even contribute at tb.

The only team that probably can rival this is kenobi but you cant get Wat that fast.

2)Hoth? You are definitely joking right? If you cant even get accepted by a guild that does Geo tb, dont even bother playing conquest. I suggest you create a new account and buy a hyperdrive pack. Lmfao.

3)Do you even know about inflation?

Even ahnald ftp account is less then 1m gp.

Inflating one gp to match conquest is just simply horrible. Needs no further explanation.

4)These rules were flawed, and this created a gap between players playing 2years and 3-4years.

5) no new player will face and old player in their shard, so no GAP.

Do you even read or can you read?

You deserve a roast on this.

• Options
    6) You do not compare 1 person guild’s contribution vS 50 person.

For the record, no one can contribute much with 1.5m gp at geo tb. The same reason why guild with 250m gp do not accept low gp rooster.

If you have a Gl, surely you get accepted into a 250m guild even at low gp.

Heck, u can even contribute at rancor.
  • Options
    There is a tough choice for those at 2-3m gp, whether to increase your gp or limit them.

1)If you increase your gp, you can play at hard mode conquest. Stay competitive with the rewards and perks.

2)If you limit your gp as low as possible, you do not get slaughtered at gac but you lose out big time with conquest rewards.

This is limiting your rooster…

You can never be able to enjoy the new characters with this flawed gp limit…compared to those old veteran players… with 4m gp easily.

It is such a shame for players at this range to not have a chance to gain access to new contents.

Why not remove these limit and give them chance to play new contents?
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    1) i wont, because this was not the topic

2) so you are in a guild which is carrying you. no real help for them by your roster at GeoTB. no WAT shards or special missions. and why should i start over? i dont wanna lose my 5 year old account.

3) who cares about ahnald? lucky for him, but also not the topic.

4) which rules? did i miss the SWGOH constitution? where do i sign?

5) the BB codes are strong with u. i see and i read. u can roast a steak for me, thats all.

6) in a guild it all depends on your GP. how succesful would be a guild with 50 1.5 MioGP SLKR accounts? this guild would have 75 MioGP and could not even select GeoTB!

before telling people what they should do or not u should think about this game. what type of game this is.

for example:
    Pokemon. you have to get 8 medals before you can enter the last stage.

WOW. you have to be on a certain level for specific quests.

driving license. even if you can drive being 12 years old. you may not.

sry buddy, but i really think you dont understand this game. it is not about getting one strong toon and whining about not being able to play every part of this game.

dont misunderstand me, i am also not interestend in bloating up my GP, but hell yeah, for some aspects of the game u have to.

this game is not about short term success. it is for a longtime experience and i really do appreciate it, that there are a few things in this game you cant buy with money. time.

@Shadow1989
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    There is a tough choice for those at 2-3m gp, whether to increase your gp or limit them.

1)If you increase your gp, you can play at hard mode conquest. Stay competitive with the rewards and perks.

2)If you limit your gp as low as possible, you do not get slaughtered at gac but you lose out big time with conquest rewards.

This is limiting your rooster…

You can never be able to enjoy the new characters with this flawed gp limit…compared to those old veteran players… with 4m gp easily.

It is such a shame for players at this range to not have a chance to gain access to new contents.

Why not remove these limit and give them chance to play new contents?

GAC is all about matchmaking. yes it seems very funny battling with your roster a "normal" roster with 1.5MioGP. but the other player isnt really laughing i guess.

new toons are always avaible once you hit the required level for marquee events.
  • Options
    1) i wont, because this was not the topic

2) so you are in a guild which is carrying you. no real help for them by your roster at GeoTB. no WAT shards or special missions. and why should i start over? i dont wanna lose my 5 year old account.

3) who cares about ahnald? lucky for him, but also not the topic.

4) which rules? did i miss the SWGOH constitution? where do i sign?

5) the BB codes are strong with u. i see and i read. u can roast a steak for me, thats all.

6) in a guild it all depends on your GP. how succesful would be a guild with 50 1.5 MioGP SLKR accounts? this guild would have 75 MioGP and could not even select GeoTB!

before telling people what they should do or not u should think about this game. what type of game this is.

for example:
    Pokemon. you have to get 8 medals before you can enter the last stage.

WOW. you have to be on a certain level for specific quests.

driving license. even if you can drive being 12 years old. you may not.

sry buddy, but i really think you dont understand this game. it is not about getting one strong toon and whining about not being able to play every part of this game.

dont misunderstand me, i am also not interestend in bloating up my GP, but hell yeah, for some aspects of the game u have to.

this game is not about short term success. it is for a longtime experience and i really do appreciate it, that there are a few things in this game you cant buy with money. time.

@Shadow1989

I bought a 7m gp account, i can buy time with money. Lmfao

Great, you can do hard mode then.
  • Options
    Dang.. system always removing my edited post when someone upload a new one.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I can buy a 7-9m gp account with money. So u mean i can buy time? No i cant. You are wrong.

People like you just want to enjoy the benefits of being a veteran player.
    (despite being a verteran player, obviously u do not have the knowledge and depth as one, lmfao… voting for inflating rooster and using hoth as reference.)
    (Holy eff, what are u doing for 5 years really)(Must be enjoying this game, losing to every players so much that you need a advantage so badly)

Newer non verteran player should have the option to access newer contents like Cat and Executor and not be restricted.

The game needs spenders to sustain on, be thankful for the whales paying for the developers salaries.

Just walk away, and appreciate your game as a lesser spender while you cant afford to contribute to the sustainability of this game.

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    why should a new player have access to everything day one?

people like you dont understand how this game works. it is NOT one Server or shard where every player is on. every shard starts from time to time.
    and these players are the one you have to catch up. not the vets or whale vets. it is just ridiculous from you thinking a new player should compete with a 4 year old one.

what use would have a new player from cat? playing with here at g8 because of missing gear?
    u can access executor - there is no problem. just fullfill the reqs. nothing to do with your GP. you said u can play crancor? so R8 shouldnt be a prob.

and where do i vote for bloating your GP? learn to read buddy.
    "[...] i am also not interestend in bloating up my GP[...]"

written a few minutes ago.

whats the problem about Hoth? its the recommended TB for your GP. unless you got carried by your guild to have access to GeoTB.
  • Options
    u can access executor - there is no problem. just fullfill the reqs. nothing to do with your GP. you said u can play crancor? so R8 shouldnt be a prob.

To be fair, it’s hard to have a 7* razor crest without access to conquest hard mode. I guess you could whale for her via chase and packs, but not even sure it was possible.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

To be fair, it’s hard to have a 7* razor crest without access to conquest hard mode. I guess you could whale for her via chase and packs, but not even sure it was possible.

ok, thats a valid argument, but i guess it could have been possible. whaling and chasing. BAM isnt that hard to get, and farming 145 shards to unlock Crest was possible.
  • Options
    Jeez if you have to spend 1500-2000 crystals on refreshes to get max crate you might need to diversify your roster.

Say CG goes ahead and allows <4 Mil GP rosters access to hard node (very very unlikely). Say someone at 2 million goes ahead to try out Hard Mode but can’t get the first reward crate, try has they might. You’ll find a lot (more) of angry people on the Forums complaining about the difficulty of an event, only this time it’s an event that lasts 2 weeks and comes once a month.

If you’re able to get the max crate in Normal Conquest, congratulations. Your next step is to build your roster to 4m to be able to reach Hard Conquest. Simple as that. You can develop a ton of teams that’ll help yourself and your guild in the meantime.

I get where you are coming from. If you cannot even clear normal, why try hard >_<. You just dont know how to play this game obviously.

Like i had given examples, u need 2-3 years to reach 4m gp. For average spenders, 2 years is considered fast.
    In two years time, you will get CAT but those with access to hard conquest has CAT Maul and more?

The gap will be further and further away…

Divisions in gac/arena shards resolves the gap issue for players… Those started earlier… 3-5 years and those who started late… There is no disadvantage or unfairness in terms of gameplay, as you get to play within people matched as the same time u started playing.

There is a HUGE disadvantage for Conquest. 20-25 shards for normal conquest? You kidding? Need i explain more?

Just like new players(2-3 years) can never gain access to executor unless you are a kraken. 2 years to unlock RC? Gosh… When you get RC after 1.5 years, there is another ship or something new.

Therefore, removing the 4m requirements reduces the gap between old and new players. It is a win win situation for players and CG.

Just curious why a lot of people here are talking about gaps and catch up to older accounts.

Like you said in arena you are in a shard with people who started at the same time. Matchmaking in GAC is based on GP, which isn't an issue as well.
  • Options
    Extrapolating a reasonable argument from all the ad hominem whiff whaff, for what it’s worth I think the OP had a point. Currently there is a bit of cognitive dissonance between an entry requirement (high GP) that requires a broad roster and a game mode that can be done reasonably effectively with a decent focused roster. So hopefully CG will do a bit of work on the node to make it require a broader roster. Fewer repeated nodes, greater variety of modifiers and introducing ships could sort this and breathe a bit of interest into the mode.
  • Options
    It should have a caveat of beating normal. If you can beat something you should be able to proceed to the next level.

• Options
    Any particular reason you need 4m gp to unlock hard mode.

I have cleared normal conquest at 2m+ gp.
    This is ludicrous… to reach 4m gp i need another year or two.
    Each normal conquest gives me 25 Cat shard… it will take me years to unlock CAT. By then how many new conquest character are there?

The chase is never ending… please unlock the 4m requirements for newer players.(those playing 1-2years)

She will move from conquest to other areas. Also, this is not ludicrous, this is a mobile game. Grind is the name of the game.
  • Options
    This game is about barriers and working to overcome those barriers over time this barrier isn’t any different. If you have SLKR you could beat most missions to unlock toon like Chewbacca Padme 3po ect but they make you beat those with specific squads BH Sep, Ewoks. Just because you can be successful with a squad doesn’t mean you can always have instant access to the reward you seek
  • Options
    Conquest rewards are far better than GAC rewards for effort spent. If you push yourself to get your account to 4m+ you could potentially get R8 mats.

As mentioned by CG, eventually conquest reward characters will be moved out of reward boxes to other areas more accessible in the future. So yes you’re only getting 25 shards per conquest if you max out on normal mode.

You can be incredibly focused when you start the game and unlock a GL like SLKR really early on, which would allow you to dominate your squad arena. That being said if you do that you’ll have a pretty undeveloped roster as a whole. You’re not bloating your roster by slowing down and building other teams up. That’s the whole point of the game, building teams that’ll help your performance in all aspects of the game.

Congrats on clearing normal mode, but you’ll just have to accept that hard mode is out of reach until you’re 4m+ GP
  • Options
    I stand my the theory that they did not intend so many people to finish hard mode. The first nerf was to deployable cooling systems. That weeded out a few, but people in the 4 million gp range were still completing it so they nerfed the teams that could beat GLs. Conquest has not started because they want those nerfs in place to stop so many people from getting maul for free. We will see after the next conquest, but I bet far fewer people will finish it. Also, I expect to see r8/9 enemies in conquest soon. Giving away a free character every 3 months to a large portion of the game was definitely never the plan.
  • Options
    So many players in the 2m-3.9m gp range could benefit from the rewards by doing hard mode if there have the capacity to do so.

They will have access to newer content, CAT razor crest and executor. Of course, you will need to spent crystals in conquest to do so for this

Such a shame, a portion of the community could not see this. Why deny a good amount of players their opportunity to gain access to new content by restricting their access to hard mode if they can clear normal.
  • Options
    I am done commenting.. point stated.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    I say let anyone do hard mode. And then let's all enjoy the threads from people that wanted it and don't get anywhere.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    People in the 2-3.9m GP range do not have the capacity to get hard node rewards because they’re not 4m+ GP.

To solve the issue? Get to 4m GP…
  • Options
    When Conquest released, I was in the high 3 mil gp range. I cleared it the first time and wanted to do hard mode. I had to complete two or three more conquests on normal before I could finally tackle hard mode. It was frustrating, but it also felt extremely rewarding to hit that milestone and unlock hard mode.

I think opening it to all players goes against the core of the game - collecting and upgrading characters. It is backwards to play a collection game where you don't want to collect things. TB, conquest, and some character unlocks require gp because that encourages the collection of heroes instead of just focusing on one squad. The gp requirement for hard mode acts as a reward for long-term ftp players and spending players That seems reasonable to me.

I have no issues with the 4.0 mil gp requirement for Conquest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So many players in the 2m-3.9m gp range could benefit from the rewards by doing hard mode if there have the capacity to do so.

They will have access to newer content, CAT razor crest and executor. Of course, you will need to spent crystals in conquest to do so for this

Such a shame, a portion of the community could not see this. Why deny a good amount of players their opportunity to gain access to new content by restricting their access to hard mode if they can clear normal.

I think you are over stating the ability of a 2-3.9M GP player and getting shards of release toons. They are only available in later sectors from scavenger, and in higher boxes (iirc), so I dont think they would be gaining anything in the respect.

Also, I am not sure how they would have access to newer content, since they are still able to do Conquest either way, but I have not been following the whole conversation.

Also clear normal or get the final rewards? Those are 2 different things.
  • Options

You can see it differently. When you start playing, as you know that you can’t access hard mode until you reach 4m gp, you can build your roster accordingly. It’s one less reason to rush for a GL.
This discussion has been closed.