Changing the gp requirements for conquest hard mode to 3m

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This was a very intentional design and it is not likely to change, no matter what your opinion is on it.

As I understand it the executor design was very intentional too. But they didn’t get it right. All we’re saying is we don’t believe the requirements are right and think cg should reevaluate.

As you say it’s a new mode. It’s not likely to be correct because it’s not yet had a chance to finesse the experience.

We’re not doing anything unreasonable like asking for the cooldown disks to come back because it’s more fun when it’s so easy you can auto the whole thing 😀

I suspect that with all the character changes and other things easy Conquest may be on the way out.

What?!?
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    On a good note, My p2w account absolutely does not have to spend any $$ on crystals till i can access conquest hard mode. I can just spend like 50 crystals of conquest energy refresh daily to get the max chest of 25shards.

By limiting all the non veteran players GP in conquest. We do not need to chase CAT, Razer Crest, Executor. Thanks CG for keep us out of these dangerous expensive toys.

Or CG can follow my suggestion and open up/adjust the limitations. Let more players try to get the expensive toys. More crystals will be spent in fragments, energy refreshes and tech.

Hey, CG you could recover some loss from the executor drama, if more people spend in conquest. xD
    Post edited by Shadow1989 on
  • Options
    @Shadow1989
    I used two team to clear normal conquest.
    Slkr solo
    Kru ky sith hux trooper
    My first conquest before i get my slkr, i was able to clear it with one team, bought many stamina(1500 crystals)
    Now i can easily complete it without spending crystals now that my team 1 and 2 r8.

Wait... you've got ONE good faction with 2 good teams, one team of which was the prerequisite for your other team, which is a GL, and you think you should get the same payoff as a player who built their roster both up and out for years?

Well, you've got chutzpah, I will give you that.
  • Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »

Forgive me for saying this but wanting to penalise people for keep low gp is just lame.

Upgrading toons you are not using is just foolish. You see videos and threads about keeping low gp everywhere.

This is also the difference between a good and bad player.

The developers - who make their living off this game - not providing incentive to spend more resources would be foolish.

I consider players who refuse to bulk up their gp through never activating characters or giving them a few low cost gear levels to be holding their guild back from getting better rewards, so I think they are bad players.

My ftp alt account is now 6.5M gp. It has no GLs and is in div 4 GAC but has always reached kyber. The slim roster requirement to win GAC is a myth.
    It is also always in the guild top 10 for contributions to TW and geo TB.

The developers have put in incentives to keep developing your roster. This requirement to do hard mode is one of those.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Forgive me for saying this but wanting to penalise people for keep low gp is just lame.

Upgrading toons you are not using is just foolish. You see videos and threads about keeping low gp everywhere.

This is also the difference between a good and bad player.

The developers - who make their living off this game - not providing incentive to spend more resources would be foolish.

I consider players who refuse to bulk up their gp through never activating characters or giving them a few low cost gear levels to be holding their guild back from getting better rewards, so I think they are bad players.

My ftp alt account is now 6.5M gp. It has no GLs and is in div 4 GAC but has always reached kyber. The slim roster requirement to win GAC is a myth.
    It is also always in the guild top 10 for contributions to TW and geo TB.

The developers have put in incentives to keep developing your roster. This requirement to do hard mode is one of those.

Yet again comparing veteran players vs newer players. So you also want veterans players to be further ahead in the game so that new players is so far back and can never catch up.

Rip newer players, may the force be with you.

Actually It doesnt really matter to me since i also have a 7m account. However, i like to get what i want though. Otherwise, just simply zero incentive to chase the CAT/Executor for my small account.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    So many players in the 2m-3.9m gp range could benefit from the rewards by doing hard mode if there have the capacity to do so.

They will have access to newer content, CAT razor crest and executor. Of course, you will need to spent crystals in conquest to do so for this

Such a shame, a portion of the community could not see this. Why deny a good amount of players their opportunity to gain access to new content by restricting their access to hard mode if they can clear normal.

You can see it differently. When you start playing, as you know that you can’t access hard mode until you reach 4m gp, you can build your roster accordingly. It’s one less reason to rush for a GL.

You won't get anywhere in conquest without a GL after the nerfs
  • Options
    So when someone max out his conquest and wants to go higher. There is nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, giving more players the opportunity to do conquest hard modes encourages more spending of crystals via refills and purchase of techs.

100% agree with this.

but as @Kyno says, Conquest is on its way out..

why bother discussing improving the newest content?
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »

I suspect that with all the character changes and other things easy Conquest may be on the way out.

Learn to read?

Anyway, be careful how much attention you draw to this, they might raise it to 5m GP instead.
  • Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    So when someone max out his conquest and wants to go higher. There is nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, giving more players the opportunity to do conquest hard modes encourages more spending of crystals via refills and purchase of techs.

100% agree with this.

EDIT: "Easy" Conquest is on its way out.. I should have read it better..
  • Options
    Do you understand my frustration?
    This situation is coming from a ftp account with excellent resource management.
    Change the rules, why stick by it?

I think a big struggle for you here is that you think that if we don't endorse your strategy for change, we don't understand what you are saying and/or your emotional experience.

We do understand these things. We just disagree. I mean, I have a friend who spent years getting really good at card tricks. They put in the work, and they are excellent. If we play monopoly, they are not allowed to steal properties.

But why not?

They **can** steal cards and make cards disappear. And they put in a lot of work to get that skill. And in real life, real estate people engage in theft and fraud all the time. So why do the rules limit them?

It's a game. Games have rules that don't always make sense from every possible perspective, and sometimes they even stop a player from doing something that they would love to do that would help them win.

The rest of us are also frustrated, all the time. There are lots of frustrating things in this game. But we play through, because there are so many things to like about this game, even love for a lot of people.

The designers believe that they're giving appropriate levels of rewards to people with 3m gp accts. They think that 4m gp accts deserve more rewards. So they give access to 4m players and not to 3m players.

Thats their judgement. It could change in the future, so asking for change isn't bad, but its silly to demand the game make sense, or that the game match lore. It already doesn't match lore. CLS doesn't beat stormtroopers because he grabbed an extra Fusion Furnace at Taschi Station. And there is no stormtrooper in lore who will beat CLS.

It. Is. A. Game.

We inderstand you don't like the rules. But they are the rules. So say you don't like the rules and then move on.
  • Options

What about rewarding folks for getting a higher score? Is that lame?

Like it or not, your gp is the only measure of overall accomplishment that we have, and rewarding folks for having achieved more is reasonable.
  • Options
    Did you make this post just to brag you have a 7m GP account, which you’re almost insinuating it’s one you bought, and to complain your baby account can’t get the benefits your other account has?

It’s pretty evident most people here are fine with the 4m GP threshold. CG is encouraging you to build your roster up to that point so that you can access hard conquest. If you want to keep your GP artificially low so you don’t have to place an extra fleet in GAC, then it’s your problem you don’t want Hard Conquest.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Larx wrote: »

i only can imagine the whole aggressions and hate for CG if you let player choose hard mode once they completed normal mode and being stuck for 2 weeks on a certain level.

I call bantha poodoo on that. It’s easy enough on both nodes to get stuck behind a team you can’t beat (gas team probably) for two weeks just through not paying attention and choosing the wrong path. That’s baked into the gamemode itself.

Besides the aggressions are mostly here on the forums and we’re a tiny fraction of the player base.

a player with 4MioGP+ should be able to beat GAS easily at Stage 1.

with GL and toon changes there is no guarantee u can beat a GL in conquest without a GL on your own. having one? good! having the wrong one? bad.

GP isn´t just a number, it also let a guild achieve more in TB. so, by keeping your number this low a normal player would never, again: never, be able to join a guild where you can get R8 mats.
    this is not common, it is just very good for you @Shadow1989 and your "ftp" player with R8 Kenobi. you want to have everything a good guild can give you, but you dont want to give something back. that is just really wrong and as a guild leader, i wouldnt tolerate this.

you give nearly nothing to your guild.

and i highly doubt it, your Kenobifriend is f2p. i started an alt few months ago, to see how fast you can get a SLKR. i am very active, collecting every energy, focusing on the toons i need and so on.
    i just hit lvl 80. got in a decent guild with many alts. but i am nowhere near Rank #1 - arena or fleet.

so, why should a Crancorguild let me in? how should i be able to earn over 20k crystals per month? you see - you cant! so please dont tell lies by saying this account is complete f2p.

back to topic:

they just changed conquest once. no one could play the new one, yet. what gives you guarantee that they won´t change it again?

maybe on the one hard mode you can get the first crate and on the next one not?
    you can´t complete conquest with only one team. you can come very far by spending a ridiculous amount crystals ( also not intended ). what´s then? sitting 2 weeks in a game mode where you get nothing?

and please stop using "competitive". you use this word just wrong.
    you wont match someone in GAC with Maul or CAT - because: ( guess what...) they also couldnt play hard mode.

have fun with your focused account, but please dont try to tell anyone your type of playing is common.
  • Options
    Good luck newer players, i haven spoken. B)
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    cool! we made you spechless.
    "good" discussion with an obvious conclusion.
  • Options
    Nope, you do know i can be very nasty… that someone had call for help. Lmfao

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    because i like to stay on topic and NOT going offtopic for nonsense.

it is indeed very interesting to see that u never respond to my arguments. you switch topic or answers to someone else. what is your respond to my last post?

• Options

i only can imagine the whole aggressions and hate for CG if you let player choose hard mode once they completed normal mode and being stuck for 2 weeks on a certain level.

I call bantha poodoo on that. It’s easy enough on both nodes to get stuck behind a team you can’t beat (gas team probably) for two weeks just through not paying attention and choosing the wrong path. That’s baked into the gamemode itself.

Besides the aggressions are mostly here on the forums and we’re a tiny fraction of the player base.

a player with 4MioGP+ should be able to beat GAS easily at Stage 1.

with GL and toon changes there is no guarantee u can beat a GL in conquest without a GL on your own. having one? good! having the wrong one? bad.

GP isn´t just a number, it also let a guild achieve more in TB. so, by keeping your number this low a normal player would never, again: never, be able to join a guild where you can get R8 mats.
    this is not common, it is just very good for you @Shadow1989 and your "ftp" player with R8 Kenobi. you want to have everything a good guild can give you, but you dont want to give something back. that is just really wrong and as a guild leader, i wouldnt tolerate this.

you give nearly nothing to your guild.

I suspect only the first part of this is replying to my comment (as shadow was tagged in the second). But just in case i’ll answer the second as a more general point about more focused players newer players.

Regarding getting stuck behind a team for the majority of the event. With gas having reflective damage unknown speed, rng on disks, and other difficult teams being on the board it is easy to imagine this situation occurring. Anyway the point is we don’t fear an influx of negativity due to this player mistake, and I don’t see any reason we should fear people getting angry on the forums because they chose the wrong mode.

Regarding focused accounts. Wanting to have a challenge in conquest is about enjoyment, at least for me. I can raise gp but that involves taking characters to a level that still won’t benefit myself or the guild. I’m sat on 4 zetas that I can’t give to anyone above g9 for example. I can raise gp but only in ways that will cause more damage for both myself and the guild. It’s not that i’m sandbagging, i’m just not improving teams unless i can improve them to the point of being useful. More gp isn’t an automatic win. Even in tb the effect is minimal at best.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @IntrepidFox

don´t get me wrong - i also dont want to bloat my roster for GP. i only gear toons when they will be used somehow. and i really do not enjoy GL reqs without use after unlocking the GL event.

but i also have teams i want to gear for fun or to have a good choice in GAC or TB.

for example: currently i am farming for Kenobi. Bo Katan has nearly no use for me after the event, because i have no team where she can fit in.

but: i think i will head to BAM, because this seems to be an easy far and its giving me the pilot for my RC and it helps to build a squad around BoKatan.

Amorer will be on my list too, because she is a great plugin char.

these are all toons that really dont help me in getting a better place of squad arena or fleet arena, but it will also help my guild for more diversity in TB or more GP in TB.

yes a nonsense Zeta on any toon doesnt help anyone. i am sitting on 440 Zeta Mats. wating for the next toon worth a zeta.

but for a 300 MioGP a 1.5 MioGP account helps nothing. two fights in TB and TW. wow.
    two attempts at crancor.

it is cool to have a focused account, but it is not the intention of this game being a collection game.
  • Options

They have already stated it's not hitting the mark, so that would imply that, that situation was not intentional.

That’s kind of my point. The executor design was intentional, but the way it works in reality is the opposite of their intentions. We don’t know that the gp gate is having the desired impact (maybe you know, you sound like you have more knowledge on the issue).

I’m concerned about being stuck on normal until i get to the point where hard mode is unlocked only to find that it’s no challenge at that point.

If the difficulty bar isn’t raised I have no doubt that’s exactly what will occur. Some of your comments indicate you think the up coming changes will do just that so perhaps once we learn more from cg that will be irrelevant.

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    i do not have more information or knowledge. i just read an re-read a lot of posts and threads and regarding to things that happend in the past you can see or nearly see what CG is thinking or what they want to see from the user.

yes, executor was hyped a lot and by rewatching the interview they should have been a bit less excited and should have stated the executor as what it is now.

but in the end, this is still a game. a game which got extremly out of hand watching the numbers people spend. i am not complete f2p, because i think i can pay a bit for a good game, but i wont ever, ever, ever spend nearly 1000 bucks for one ship.

this is not CG, this is the sad story of human being. willing to spend so much for pixels.

but my opinion about executor is written in an other thread.

[...]Changes coming have nothing to do with pushing development. Game modes that require things or "dont" push development.
    Conquest is not designed to be that kind of compromise, it's meant to push more GP, and is intended to help them release characters as a big reward for that development.[...]

this is a quote from @Kyno .so for me, this is pretty clear what they want from Conquest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They have already stated it's not hitting the mark, so that would imply that, that situation was not intentional.

That’s kind of my point. The executor design was intentional, but the way it works in reality is the opposite of their intentions. We don’t know that the gp gate is having the desired impact (maybe you know, you sound like you have more knowledge on the issue).

I’m concerned about being stuck on normal until i get to the point where hard mode is unlocked only to find that it’s no challenge at that point.

If the difficulty bar isn’t raised I have no doubt that’s exactly what will occur. Some of your comments indicate you think the up coming changes will do just that so perhaps once we learn more from cg that will be irrelevant.

That's not the way intentions work, they intended for it to be different than it is, it is not hitting that mark, and this was not realized only due to players saying things. The reason they didnt comment too quickly is due to needing to see some data on the situation.

At least one desired goal for that, is to allow them to release characters and have some limiting factors on who has access.

Conquest is generally not difficult, and with the character changes this will change, I dont think this will be the only changes we see over time, so it will be as difficult as they want it to be for players in the range. I get that you may want it to be more difficult, and no one can predict where that will be at that time.
  • Options

Yet again comparing veteran players vs newer players. So you also want veterans players to be further ahead in the game so that new players is so far back and can never catch up.

Your concept of the necessity of “catching up” is flawed.
  • Options
    You need arena and guild help getting to that kenobi account.

Normally when a new arena opens, top players get into a discord chat. If u are going ftp, u need to get into a new shard that is very new.(1 day to 14days) so u can get invited to the shard chat hopefully.

Also, Conquest is personal development of roaster.
    Guild is team effort.

Stop comparing apples and oranges.

Do you even read. Stop slapping yourself with your own words
  • Options
    Many guilds on rancor farm has a few weak players and they are doing fine.

If your guild is not performing as what you ideally want, you go around blaming others for that weak roaster.

That basically shows your weak character and leadership skills.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Can you explain how it's good for new players to have a small segment of them unlocking more very powerful end game characters faster?

If anything having limiting factors (relics, GP gates and others) on that is a good thing for them, in game modes like arena and GAC, where they are facing players of similar timeframe and GP. It helps keep somewhat of an even playing field.
  • Options

Can you explain how it's good for new players to have a small segment of them unlocking more very powerful end game characters faster?

If anything having limiting factors (relics, GP gates and others) on that is a good thing for them, in game modes like arena and GAC, where they are facing players of similar timeframe and GP. It helps keep somewhat of an even playing field.

Put yourself in the shoes of new players, just reaching 2-3m gp. The CAT and Razor Crest are the highlights of the rebel and mandalorian shows. But they will be out of your reach.
  • Options
    I would also posit that spending 1500 crystals to “compete” normal Conquest shows that you didn’t really complete it, you just brute forced (paid) your way through it with 1 squad.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I mentioned many times.

Gac competes you with people of similar roaster.

Conquest is a measure of one personal developments.

Naturally, u only fight someone with similar gp. If u unlocked Cat at 3m gp. U fight someone at 3m gp without Cat, i see nothing wrong with that.

This two are separate entities and should not be measure together

Do you cry when you see someone had better jobs than u when you are at the same age? Same logic
  • Options
    That is the difference between you and me.
    I started my conquest on my first week playing the game.

Nothing to shout about.

Now i can easily do it with zero crystals
This discussion has been closed.