Changing the gp requirements for conquest hard mode to 3m

Replies

• Salv
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    It is so common for ftp players to reach top of their arena shards as long as they play it right. So many alts doing that…

It was true in pre HDB era, now it's surely not. As f2p you can catch spenders only if their resource management is really bad. Otherwise you stand no chance in first 1-2 years of playing. Luckilly there is GAC, where amount of money spend doesn't matter.

Now back to the topic - this requirement seems inline with others introduced recently (r5 required for crancor, relics on bad chars required for GLs). CG wants you to invest in all toons. That's surely good for CG's business, but I think it's good for the game as well. Super focused rosters have an edge in some areas (e. g. arena), wider/balanced rosters have it elsewhere (conquest, TB etc.). There is a balance in that and not a single, proper way to develop your account.

BTW I don't get why don't you want to bloat your rosters a bit, as long as you don't overgear/zeta unused chars in your top X (depending on GAC league) you can only gain from higher GP.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »

If someone <4m GP who has fully cleared Normal Conquest and chooses hard mode and if they cannot achieve the first crate then, there will be a lot of angry people on forums.

Better to prevent that happening and locking Hard behind a reasonable GP level where people who have been focused on building strong teams can get the max reward crate.

I am not suggesting that the Hard mode is open to just anyone. People would be very upset with that specific scenario if that happened..

I am suggesting that once a player selects Normal AND then achieves max rewards in Normal, then and only then is Hard mode unlocked (still in that 2 week time frame) and the player can continue to climb, if possible..

Currently, that is not an option but I think it would be a good change for this event.

That's it.. it's just a suggestion and feedback for a fun event that I am missing and want it to improve for everyone to enjoy.

It would be a good chnage for players who can fit that specific scenario.

It would not be good for the game mode, as the rules are set up to help show a respect for time and development.

They are always looking to push development and make players "uncomfortable", that is why there are ways that push players to have both a wide and focused roster, and how we balance that is our choice.

Also despite what we may think, Conquest is still new/young, how this plays out in the future will be the better judge of what should it should not be changed.

want to push development? Any game would be smart to do that. CG thinks that GLs are the only way to do that with nerfing those non-GL counters.

Maybe with Conquest, they can minimize that by encouraging a more balanced roster by letting those who maxed Normal have an opportunity to keep climbing. Requirements for either Normal or Hard is not the issue for me, it's to let players keep climbing once they have proven they can achieve max rewards in the lower tier..

I struggle with your last paragraph.. I agree that the more we play this event, the more data will be available to judge how to improve it. At least the Devs are showing that they are willing to change and adjust as it goes along. Do you mean that we shouldn't suggest changes or provide feedback and just trust the Devs to provide a satisfactory product?
  • Options

If someone <4m GP who has fully cleared Normal Conquest and chooses hard mode and if they cannot achieve the first crate then, there will be a lot of angry people on forums.

Better to prevent that happening and locking Hard behind a reasonable GP level where people who have been focused on building strong teams can get the max reward crate.

I am not suggesting that the Hard mode is open to just anyone. People would be very upset with that specific scenario if that happened..

I am suggesting that once a player selects Normal AND then achieves max rewards in Normal, then and only then is Hard mode unlocked (still in that 2 week time frame) and the player can continue to climb, if possible..

Currently, that is not an option but I think it would be a good change for this event.

That's it.. it's just a suggestion and feedback for a fun event that I am missing and want it to improve for everyone to enjoy.

It would not be good for the game mode, as the rules are set up to help show a respect for time and development.

They are always looking to push development and make players "uncomfortable", that is why there are ways that push players to have both a wide and focused roster, and how we balance that is our choice.

Also despite what we may think, Conquest is still new/young, how this plays out in the future will be the better judge of what should it should not be changed.

want to push development? Any game would be smart to do that. CG thinks that GLs are the only way to do that with nerfing those non-GL counters.

Maybe with Conquest, they can minimize that by encouraging a more balanced roster by letting those who maxed Normal have an opportunity to keep climbing. Requirements for either Normal or Hard is not the issue for me, it's to let players keep climbing once they have proven they can achieve max rewards in the lower tier..

I struggle with your last paragraph.. I agree that the more we play this event, the more data will be available to judge how to improve it. At least the Devs are showing that they are willing to change and adjust as it goes along. Do you mean that we shouldn't suggest changes or provide feedback and just trust the Devs to provide a satisfactory product?

Thank you
  • Options
    Salv wrote: »
    It is so common for ftp players to reach top of their arena shards as long as they play it right. So many alts doing that…

It was true in pre HDB era, now it's surely not. As f2p you can catch spenders only if their resource management is really bad. Otherwise you stand no chance in first 1-2 years of playing. Luckilly there is GAC, where amount of money spend doesn't matter.

Now back to the topic - this requirement seems inline with others introduced recently (r5 required for crancor, relics on bad chars required for GLs). CG wants you to invest in all toons. That's surely good for CG's business, but I think it's good for the game as well. Super focused rosters have an edge in some areas (e. g. arena), wider/balanced rosters have it elsewhere (conquest, TB etc.). There is a balance in that and not a single, proper way to develop your account.

BTW I don't get why don't you want to bloat your rosters a bit, as long as you don't overgear/zeta unused chars in your top X (depending on GAC league) you can only gain from higher GP.

You will need better fleet as you go higher in GAC division.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Having access to hard mode conquest only allows ftp player to stay competitive.

Competitive with who ? Whales that you meet in arena and gac who also don’t have access to conquest ?That’s the main point I (and I guess others) don’t understand.

My guild mate has been ftp for 1 year. He is at 2.6m GP without the HDB.
    From my understanding, there are few krakens at 6m gp in his shard.
    Without CAT for his kenobi, how to stay ahead in this meta?

His at 90/330 shard for CAT. rofl…
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    or6iqlaarwrl.jpeg
    7opnsdo1ryr5.jpeg
    1w4op984wguo.png

My kraken account is about 100 days old, also at 2.6m Gp.

There is a bigger leviathan at 3.8m Gp in my arena shard, i want to access hard mode conquest to stay competitive too.

By showing the roasters of ftp and p2w at 2.6m, i would like to highlight that players can engage conquest hard mode with the right rosters. Obviously, i need to spend a lot of crystals to do conquest hard mode compared to my guild mate which has deep rooster. I estimate 2000 crystals soloing hard mode with r8 slkr team.

• Options
    Like how many players are denied Kam and wtb… (Cg pls do something about this as well)

New players like my guildmate and me are denied Cat,Razor Crest,Executor,Maul and more to come because we started late?

Like i mentioned, gac and arena shards are there to make sure new players do not encounter veteran players.
    This is as good as it gets.

However, i believe that new players should be given a opportunity to access new content as well.
    Removing this conquest limit solves it. Even by making the requirement to join conquest at 3m is acceptable to me. I do believe 2m is too low for most roster.
  • Salv
    28 posts Member
    Options

Are you trying to say that this Kenobi account posted earlier is 1y f2p? Buahahaha. With 6* nego and slow farm bo-katan, with gas? Come on:). Don't get me wrong, I'm not a f2p religion cultist. You like the game, you pay - I see nothing wrong in that (of course, I'd prefer monthly fee for everyone giving no advantage, but that's not a good business model). I just mean this is just impossible to build account like that in one year without spending.

And back to the topic, I don't like this requirement either, like many others, but this is the way CG takes to push roster development in specific direction. Kraken from your shard will get conquest toons earlier with the possible cost of some GAC failures. I bet he would not go to 3.8M so quickly if not the 4M requirement, so it's his strategy (plus heavy investment), no one stops you to go the same way. Rules are the same for everyone, no matter if we agree with them or not. If they change this requirement now it would make some people furious, because their development plan was rules driven.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Like how many players are denied Kam and wtb… (Cg pls do something about this as well)

And what exactly are you expecting CG to do? Gift KAM/Wat just for installing the game?
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Having access to hard mode conquest only allows ftp player to stay competitive.

Competitive with who ? Whales that you meet in arena and gac who also don’t have access to conquest ?That’s the main point I (and I guess others) don’t understand.

So, you want to access hard mode because this way, fairly young accounts who are either paying customers or strongly carried by a friendly guild of veterans (how else would you get the r8 for Kenobi and the negotiator in one year) could compete in arena against krakens who manage to reach 4m+ gp and access hard mode (won’t impact gac because you won’t face them due to mm) ? Ok, I understand the problem now. But could you understand that it’s a crazy specific situation and it may not be worth it to change what seems to be working so far ?
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Artumas wrote: »
    It’s great that you cleared Normal Conquest but Hard Conquest is far more difficult than what some people imagine

I honestly disagree with this.

Every conquest to date I've cleared sector 1 with almost exclusively my FO team that has 1 relic character (an R3 KRU), my Geo team with 1 relic character(an R2 GBA), and then my GL team for the boss fight. (which you can totally have at 2M GP.)

I then switch to... is it jedi first? It's either JKR or Vader/sith, whichever of those is next, for pretty much the entire next sector (2 relic chars on jedi, "4" on sith, but could also easily not run DR/BSF and only have 2), again, GL for boss.

This works perfectly up through sector 3's boss.

None of these teams are insanely high-end, or unreasonable for someone in the 2-3M GP range to have.
    And with the GL teams in sector 4 and 5, you need a somewhat decent team to beat normal anyway.

The biggest roadblock I can see is getting stuck on a GAS team without a counter in sector 1.
    This could easily be changed by preventing GAS teams from spawning in sector 1, or at a minimum after the "second" data disk.

I could easily remove like 70% of my roster and have it not affect my ability to do hard conquest.
    This would easily push me down below the 4M GP mark.

Mods are probably the bigger roadblock, but again, a GL team alone can basically clear sector 1 and 2 by the end of a conquest, which will pretty easily get you a crate or 2, and you wouldn't need top tier mods for a GL team to beat non-GL teams in hard conquest.

I've gotten max crate every hard conquest so far while using barely better than G12 teams fairly consistently.

Personally, I'm nowhere near Hard Conquest, so this isn't necessarily my fight. But what @Artumas said here merits some consideration. If someone can get max crate on Normal, they probably (there are edge cases) have a good enough roster to at least get 1st crate on Hard conquest. With a few of the right teams and relic toons in the right places, and good strategy and data disc selection, you can do okay in conquest regardless of what the rest of your roster looks like. And with the rewards being similar from Max crate on Normal to 1st on Hard, then it should be okay for them to at least attempt hard. If they flop, that should be on them and them alone, it shouldn't be CG's or anyone else's fault.

Now on the New Content thing, I do think that newer players are benefited more by going for Older content (accelerated farms, permanent Journey Guide placement, etc.), and once you have picked up some, but not necessarily all the older content, you can move on to newer content. So I do think that Vets/Krakens should have an easier time obtaining the CATs/Mauls and New GLs before newer players do. That is the reward for the extra time/money they've spent in the game. So maybe decrease shard amounts in lower boxes but increase it in higher boxes to balance? that's just a thought, not something totally fleshed out
  • Options
    Salv wrote: »

Are you trying to say that this Kenobi account posted earlier is 1y f2p? Buahahaha. With 6* nego and slow farm bo-katan, with gas? Come on:). Don't get me wrong, I'm not a f2p religion cultist. You like the game, you pay - I see nothing wrong in that (of course, I'd prefer monthly fee for everyone giving no advantage, but that's not a good business model). I just mean this is just impossible to build account like that in one year without spending.

And back to the topic, I don't like this requirement either, like many others, but this is the way CG takes to push roster development in specific direction. Kraken from your shard will get conquest toons earlier with the possible cost of some GAC failures. I bet he would not go to 3.8M so quickly if not the 4M requirement, so it's his strategy (plus heavy investment), no one stops you to go the same way. Rules are the same for everyone, no matter if we agree with them or not. If they change this requirement now it would make some people furious, because their development plan was rules driven.

With high placement in arena shards, u get about 28k crystals a month. This is all about resource management
  • Options

There is a bigger leviathan at 3.8m Gp in my arena shard, i want to access hard mode conquest to stay competitive too.

You do realize that at 3.8m GP they can’t access Hard Conquest either so I don’t quite understand your whole “staying competitive” argument. Those who spend money will always have some advantage over those that don’t. That’s a fact and it’s unlikely to ever change.

Again the simplest argument is to get to 4m GP. I really don’t understand why you think keeping yourself at 2.6m GP is a good thing… have a GL there is great and all but that’s not everything. You can continue to develop your roster
  • Options

You do realize that at 3.8m GP they can’t access Hard Conquest either so I don’t quite understand your whole “staying competitive” argument. Those who spend money will always have some advantage over those that don’t. That’s a fact and it’s unlikely to ever change.

Again the simplest argument is to get to 4m GP. I really don’t understand why you think keeping yourself at 2.6m GP is a good thing… have a GL there is great and all but that’s not everything. You can continue to develop your roster

Read above, u will need more fleets for GAC if you move to 4m gp.
    For ftp players, it is unwise to inflat your GP.

Oh great,1.4m gp is easy to get.Even after people get Maul, i am not even 4m yet. And when I am 4m, i meet people with Maul in GAC.
  • Options

For the record, i am inflating my gp for conquest. I could had stayed at 2m if i wanted.
  • Options
    Read above, u will need more fleets for GAC if you move to 4m gp.
    For ftp players, it is unwise to inflat your GP.

Oh great,1.4m gp is easy to get.Even after people get Maul, i am not even 4m yet. And when I am 4m, i meet people with Maul in GAC.

Then you’ve made your choice to have your roster be GAC focused. That’s entirely on you. Or you could build up more teams and deepen your roster to get to the 4m GP mark. Even if you’re worried about GAC as you are, when you get to 4m few people you’ll be matched with will have Maul, since they also currently would not have access to Hard Conquest.
  • Options
    I’d also like to point out there is a very big difference between roster development and inflating your GP.

One is farming teams and getting them to a sufficient gear level in which they can perform well, as well as giving them the mods that are best suited for that character.

The other is gearing everyone up to G8 and giving them random mods to push your GP up
  • Salv
    28 posts Member
    Options

With high placement in arena shards, u get about 28k crystals a month. This is all about resource management

Sure. Problem is you can't place high in arenas (especially squad one) within your first year of playing being f2p. These merry times have gone with the HDB introduction.

But we're going off topic. I don't like the requirement like you (from player perspective getting max crate on normal should be sufficient), but I play with the rules adjusting my strategy accordingly. So should you do.
  • Options
    They could compromise and drop it to 3.5 million to test further. If 3.5 mil accounts are excelling, consider dropping it to 3 mil. I’m at 7.2 mil so it doesn’t affect me, but it must be frustrating to build a 3 mil GP roster, only to have the game prohibit you from seeing how far you can get with it.

It’s a game. Let people try it and learn that it’s harder than they thought, just like any video game. Sure, they may be stuck for 2 weeks, but at least the choice is being given to the player, and they are aware of the consequences in advance.

People always what what they can’t get. I say give it to them, progressively if need be. Then each person can make their own decision if they want to attempt another 2 weeks on hard mode once they have experienced it. They’ll likely find out it’s harder than they thought at 3 mil GP, but at least they got to learn themselves.
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    They could compromise and drop it to 3.5 million to test further. If 3.5 mil accounts are excelling, consider dropping it to 3 mil. I’m at 7.2 mil so it doesn’t affect me, but it must be frustrating to build a 3 mil GP roster, only to have the game prohibit you from seeing how far you can get with it.

It’s a game. Let people try it and learn that it’s harder than they thought, just like any video game. Sure, they may be stuck for 2 weeks, but at least the choice is being given to the player, and they are aware of the consequences in advance.

People always what what they can’t get. I say give it to them, progressively if need be. Then each person can make their own decision if they want to attempt another 2 weeks on hard mode once they have experienced it. They’ll likely find out it’s harder than they thought at 3 mil GP, but at least they got to learn themselves.

Thank you
  • Options
    Larx wrote: »

i only can imagine the whole aggressions and hate for CG if you let player choose hard mode once they completed normal mode and being stuck for 2 weeks on a certain level.

I call bantha poodoo on that. It’s easy enough on both nodes to get stuck behind a team you can’t beat (gas team probably) for two weeks just through not paying attention and choosing the wrong path. That’s baked into the gamemode itself.

Besides the aggressions are mostly here on the forums and we’re a tiny fraction of the player base.
  • Options

This was a very intentional design and it is not likely to change, no matter what your opinion is on it.

As I understand it the executor design was very intentional too. But they didn’t get it right. All we’re saying is we don’t believe the requirements are right and think cg should reevaluate.

As you say it’s a new mode. It’s not likely to be correct because it’s not yet had a chance to finesse the experience.

We’re not doing anything unreasonable like asking for the cooldown disks to come back because it’s more fun when it’s so easy you can auto the whole thing 😀
  • Options
    Cooldown disks made it far easier than I believe what it should’ve been. Less challenging = less fun

That’s besides the point though. Fact of the matter is if you want to access hard conquest, get to 4m GP. Are you getting max rewards from normal conquest? If yes great job, but you got some work to do still to be able to get to hard conquest
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Changes coming have nothing to do with pushing development. Game modes that require things or "dont" push development.

Conquest is not designed to be that kind of compromise, it's meant to push more GP, and is intended to help them release characters as a big reward for that development.

They touted the tools used to make this and from the general conversations around we will see "a lot" of iterations of this game mode as time goes on, we have seen glimpses of this, but it is still early and this was likely meant to establish some sort of baseline.

I am not saying dont do anything, but there are certain aspects of game modes that are baked in for a reason, and those are the least likely elements to change. This is very very very likely one of those.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

New players like my guildmate and me are denied Cat,Razor Crest,Executor,Maul and more to come because we started late?

Like i mentioned, gac and arena shards are there to make sure new players do not encounter veteran players.
    This is as good as it gets.

However, i believe that new players should be given a opportunity to access new content as well.
    Removing this conquest limit solves it. Even by making the requirement to join conquest at 3m is acceptable to me. I do believe 2m is too low for most roster.

Conquest is the game mode, they have access.

Hard vs normal is not "new content".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This was a very intentional design and it is not likely to change, no matter what your opinion is on it.

As I understand it the executor design was very intentional too. But they didn’t get it right. All we’re saying is we don’t believe the requirements are right and think cg should reevaluate.

As you say it’s a new mode. It’s not likely to be correct because it’s not yet had a chance to finesse the experience.

We’re not doing anything unreasonable like asking for the cooldown disks to come back because it’s more fun when it’s so easy you can auto the whole thing 😀

They have already stated it's not hitting the mark, so that would imply that, that situation was not intentional.

I'm not saying you cant or shouldn't share that, just expressing that the intent behind that, was very intentional and not likely to change, as it has a very specific purpose.

I suspect that with all the character changes and other things easy Conquest may be on the way out.
  • Samurai54351
    164 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    phfbgfcdd8wm.jpeg
    3wqu9azms5mv.jpeg

1)So many of you saying Gl is not the meta
    Let me show u this

And i stay at rank 1 at squad arena.

Not to mention solo hsith with one team…

My opponent has a max out 7* negotiator, he is not weak. :)

2b6dzbbc2fx8.png

2)Also, tell me why this guildmate of mine at (2.6m gp completely ftp) cannot complete conquest hard mode if he wants? Oh wait, we are not allowed to. And btw, this 2.6m rooster is perfect for gac and it isnt worth to go 4m gp.(ps for bringing his rooster into the discussion, he doesnt know about this)

Such a shame he can only get CAT after one year.

This is the problem, anyone who wants to keep low GP like this to cheese GAC match making can’t have it both ways. Clearly this guy could do decent in Conquest, but if they open that up, he should be matched up with higher GP accounts that are much more comparable to his roster in GAC. You can’t have everything. If you don’t want to increase your GP, you will be penalized. That is definitely fair.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    phfbgfcdd8wm.jpeg
    3wqu9azms5mv.jpeg

1)So many of you saying Gl is not the meta
    Let me show u this

And i stay at rank 1 at squad arena.

Not to mention solo hsith with one team…

My opponent has a max out 7* negotiator, he is not weak. :)

2b6dzbbc2fx8.png

2)Also, tell me why this guildmate of mine at (2.6m gp completely ftp) cannot complete conquest hard mode if he wants? Oh wait, we are not allowed to. And btw, this 2.6m rooster is perfect for gac and it isnt worth to go 4m gp.(ps for bringing his rooster into the discussion, he doesnt know about this)

Such a shame he can only get CAT after one year.

This is the problem, anyone who wants to keep low GP like this to cheese GAC match making can’t have it both ways. Clearly this guy could do decent in Conquest, but if they open that up, he should be matched up with higher GP accounts that are much more comparable to his roster in GAC. You can’t have everything. If you don’t want to increase your GP, you will be penalized. That is definitely fair.

Forgive me for saying this but wanting to penalise people for keep low gp is just lame.

Upgrading toons you are not using is just foolish. You see videos and threads about keeping low gp everywhere.

This is also the difference between a good and bad player.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The GP for GAC division matching and Gp requirement for Conquest are two separate entity.

Conquest will be testing your roster and personal development in this game.

GAC will be competing you against global players of similar roster.

Stop comparing apple and oranges. If your gp is the same but your toons are weak. That is on you.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So when someone max out his conquest and wants to go higher. There is nothing wrong with that.

What stupid logic is it that your GP will determines your GAC division and conquest difficulty.

It is just like paying tax. You cannot expect everyone to pay the same tax. Everyone has different rates.

Anyway, giving more players the opportunity to do conquest hard modes encourages more spending of crystals via refills and purchase of techs.
This discussion has been closed.