Changing the gp requirements for conquest hard mode to 3m

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I say let anyone do hard mode. And then let's all enjoy the threads from people that wanted it and don't get anywhere.

absolutely.. if it is too hard, it will be evident, but by allowing those who beat normal to advance, it encourages to keep at building your roster to continue to advance in Hard mode.

agreeing with @TVF proves that even a broken clock is correct twice a day..
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    So many players in the 2m-3.9m gp range could benefit from the rewards by doing hard mode if there have the capacity to do so.

They will have access to newer content, CAT razor crest and executor. Of course, you will need to spent crystals in conquest to do so for this

Such a shame, a portion of the community could not see this. Why deny a good amount of players their opportunity to gain access to new content by restricting their access to hard mode if they can clear normal.

You can see it differently. When you start playing, as you know that you can’t access hard mode until you reach 4m gp, you can build your roster accordingly. It’s one less reason to rush for a GL.

unfortunately, that's not how the game is going to played soon.. With these Nerfs, getting a GL is going to be TOP priority for any lower GP player..

I can see newer rosters will be even more focused on GLs and their requirements which will in turn make Conquest easier to run though as GLs are the end all be all, as CG stated..

If Conquest mode changes to reflect that, who knows then..
  • Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    So many players in the 2m-3.9m gp range could benefit from the rewards by doing hard mode if there have the capacity to do so.

They will have access to newer content, CAT razor crest and executor. Of course, you will need to spent crystals in conquest to do so for this

Such a shame, a portion of the community could not see this. Why deny a good amount of players their opportunity to gain access to new content by restricting their access to hard mode if they can clear normal.

You can see it differently. When you start playing, as you know that you can’t access hard mode until you reach 4m gp, you can build your roster accordingly. It’s one less reason to rush for a GL.

unfortunately, that's not how the game is going to played soon.. With these Nerfs, getting a GL is going to be TOP priority for any lower GP player..

I can see newer rosters will be even more focused on GLs and their requirements which will in turn make Conquest easier to run though as GLs are the end all be all, as CG stated..

I disagree that GL has to be the top priority for a new account.

If you don’t buy hyperdrive bundle, you won’t compete in arena anyway. So there is no rush to get a gl with this objective, because thanks to the crystal income those top arena players will get while you chase your gl, they’ll be able to stay ahead of the arms race for quite some time.

For gac, going straight for a gl isn’t necessarily the way to go. With a gl you have relics levels that will take your mm score to the roof. You could instead farm easier good teams like revans and such, not overgearing them and have a much wider and dangerous roster than a guy who have a GL and 12 prerequisites.

You will eventually go for a GL, no argument there. But going straight for it doesn’t have to be top priority imo.
  • Options
    The only place I can think of a 1-2 year account is going to compete against a 4 year plus account is TW. I understand and see the merits of both sides but the point above is comparing apples and oranges. Its not realistic to expect a match up like that 1v1. That's said, yes players should be able.to choose their difficulty. If you are willing to risk hard mode being to difficult thats on you. Cg shouldn't make that choice for you.
  • Options

If you don’t buy hyperdrive bundle, you won’t compete in arena anyway. So there is no rush to get a gl with this objective, because thanks to the crystal income those top arena players will get while you chase your gl, they’ll be able to stay ahead of the arms race for quite some time.

For gac, going straight for a gl isn’t necessarily the way to go. With a gl you have relics levels that will take your mm score to the roof. You could instead farm easier good teams like revans and such, not overgearing them and have a much wider and dangerous roster than a guy who have a GL and 12 prerequisites.

You will eventually go for a GL, no argument there. But going straight for it doesn’t have to be top priority imo.

i think that path makes the most well balanced and Guild - friendly roster. I want that too.

But CG disagrees. It's GLs or bust..

For some, they may play how they want to, but even now that's few and far between.

The Meta drives the game because the Meta gives the best crystal income. Unless CG changed the crystal economy (shut my mouth!) that won't change.

The Meta is GLs, (after the Nerfs)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

For some, they may play how they want to, but even now that's few and far between.

May I ask where you get this from?

There are a lot of players, and a lot of different ways to enjoy this game.

Honestly just based on numbers I would say that many more players are less interested in meta chasing (which means at least 1 GL over the past bit, FYI), at least at any real pace.

Solely building towards a GL ignores many competent teams, many of which are needed to do many game modes, no matter how many GLs you have.
  • Options
    I have 7.1 million GP and have been playing for 6 years and I don't have a 7* KAM yet so anyone that wants to complain about the 4 million GP restrictions on hard mode can just deal with it.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Honestly just based on numbers I would say that many more players are less interested in meta chasing (which means at least 1 GL over the past bit, FYI), at least at any real pace.

Solely building towards a GL ignores many competent teams, many of which are needed to do many game modes, no matter how many GLs you have.

based on my experience with my guild and the various podcasts I listen to, GLs are the priority.

We all enjoyed the different ways to build a roster and wr benefitted from that. That's not how CG wants us to focus on the game with the push of the GLs now..
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    phfbgfcdd8wm.jpeg
    3wqu9azms5mv.jpeg

1)So many of you saying Gl is not the meta
    Let me show u this

And i stay at rank 1 at squad arena.

Not to mention solo hsith with one team…

My opponent has a max out 7* negotiator, he is not weak. :)

2b6dzbbc2fx8.png

2)Also, tell me why this guildmate of mine at (2.6m gp completely ftp) cannot complete conquest hard mode if he wants? Oh wait, we are not allowed to. And btw, this 2.6m rooster is perfect for gac and it isnt worth to go 4m gp.(ps for bringing his rooster into the discussion, he doesnt know about this)

Such a shame he can only get CAT after one year.
    Post edited by Shadow1989 on
  • Options
    I can answer why he can’t participate in Hard Mode Conquest. He’s not 4m GP.

It’s great he was incredibly focused from the get go and has JMK <3m GP but he’s not at the point GP wise where he qualifies. Same reason why guilds cannot access GeoTB unless they collectively have >80m GP.
  • Options

It’s great he was incredibly focused from the get go and has JMK <3m GP but he’s not at the point GP wise where he qualifies. Same reason why guilds cannot access GeoTB unless they collectively have >80m GP.

These are facts and i cannot disagree. Hence this discussion, why CG should give players the option to play conquest hard mode.

I had proven a ftp player playing for one year can have the rooster to compete it. Anyway, you need the correct resource management skills to do it. So, dont come crying and whining if u failed to have a rooster in one year for hard mode.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options

These are facts and i cannot disagree. Hence this discussion, why CG should give players the option to play conquest hard mode.

I had proven a ftp player playing for one year can have the rooster to compete it. Anyway, you need the correct resource management skills to do it. So, dont come crying and whining if u failed to have a rooster in one year for hard mode.

Some local zoning ordinances don't allow owning roosters.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The option to do so is gated behind 4m GP. While your friend may stand a good chance at clearing Hard Conquest <4m GP, simply allowing anyone over 2m GP to access it is not the answer. Conquest by design locks the player in for 2 weeks in the selected difficulty.

If someone <4m GP who has fully cleared Normal Conquest and chooses hard mode and if they cannot achieve the first crate then, there will be a lot of angry people on forums. Better to prevent that happening and locking Hard behind a reasonable GP level where people who have been focused on building strong teams can get the max reward crate.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Some local zoning ordinances don't allow owning roosters.

in my local municipality, we can have up to 3 hens.. no roosters..

fresh eggs.... oh my...
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    2)Also, tell me why this guildmate of mine at (2.6m gp completely ftp) cannot complete conquest hard mode if he wants? Oh wait, we are not allowed to. And btw, this 2.6m rooster is perfect for gac and it isnt worth to go 4m gp.

I think the answer is in the question.
  • Options

If someone <4m GP who has fully cleared Normal Conquest and chooses hard mode and if they cannot achieve the first crate then, there will be a lot of angry people on forums.

Better to prevent that happening and locking Hard behind a reasonable GP level where people who have been focused on building strong teams can get the max reward crate.

I am not suggesting that the Hard mode is open to just anyone. People would be very upset with that specific scenario if that happened..

I am suggesting that once a player selects Normal AND then achieves max rewards in Normal, then and only then is Hard mode unlocked (still in that 2 week time frame) and the player can continue to climb, if possible..

Currently, that is not an option but I think it would be a good change for this event.

That's it.. it's just a suggestion and feedback for a fun event that I am missing and want it to improve for everyone to enjoy.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The option to do so is gated behind 4m GP. While your friend may stand a good chance at clearing Hard Conquest <4m GP, simply allowing anyone over 2m GP to access it is not the answer. Conquest by design locks the player in for 2 weeks in the selected difficulty.

If someone <4m GP who has fully cleared Normal Conquest and chooses hard mode and if they cannot achieve the first crate then, there will be a lot of angry people on forums. Better to prevent that happening and locking Hard behind a reasonable GP level where people who have been focused on building strong teams can get the max reward crate.

Roster😄
    There may be such situations but that is their choice to make. You cannot except developers to revert any bad choice you made in this game, such as giving wrong zeta or upgrade some toons r8 accidentally. It is call choice for a reason, and you only have yourself to blame if you made a bad one.If you made a bad choice or mistake, that is on you.

Right now, we are not given a choice to choose normal or hard.
    Post edited by Shadow1989 on
  • Options
    Once you reach 4m you can have that decision. I can get why it’d be frustrating to miss out on getting more shards for Conquest rewards but that’s the whole point. Players who’ve spent the time to build up their GP to above 4m can potentially get the exclusive characters before newer players. That incentivizes people to continue playing the game and farm teams.

You can be a monster in GAC and in arena sure, but unless you want to participate in Hard Conquest you have the choice to build up more teams or not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

based on my experience with my guild and the various podcasts I listen to, GLs are the priority.

We all enjoyed the different ways to build a roster and wr benefitted from that. That's not how CG wants us to focus on the game with the push of the GLs now..

Again, 6 GLs doesnt cover any player in all the game modes, even with their requirements.

Not saying they are not a priority, but they are not the only thing, and it's hard to build a roster where they are even the first real thing you can go for.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If someone <4m GP who has fully cleared Normal Conquest and chooses hard mode and if they cannot achieve the first crate then, there will be a lot of angry people on forums.

Better to prevent that happening and locking Hard behind a reasonable GP level where people who have been focused on building strong teams can get the max reward crate.

I am not suggesting that the Hard mode is open to just anyone. People would be very upset with that specific scenario if that happened..

I am suggesting that once a player selects Normal AND then achieves max rewards in Normal, then and only then is Hard mode unlocked (still in that 2 week time frame) and the player can continue to climb, if possible..

Currently, that is not an option but I think it would be a good change for this event.

That's it.. it's just a suggestion and feedback for a fun event that I am missing and want it to improve for everyone to enjoy.

It would be a good chnage for players who can fit that specific scenario.

It would not be good for the game mode, as the rules are set up to help show a respect for time and development.

They are always looking to push development and make players "uncomfortable", that is why there are ways that push players to have both a wide and focused roster, and how we balance that is our choice.

Also despite what we may think, Conquest is still new/young, how this plays out in the future will be the better judge of what should it should not be changed.
  • crzydroid
    7339 posts Moderator
    Options
    phfbgfcdd8wm.jpeg
    3wqu9azms5mv.jpeg

1)So many of you saying Gl is not the meta
    Let me show u this

And i stay at rank 1 at squad arena.

Not to mention solo hsith with one team…

My opponent has a max out 7* negotiator, he is not weak. :)

2b6dzbbc2fx8.png

2)Also, tell me why this guildmate of mine at (2.6m gp completely ftp) cannot complete conquest hard mode if he wants? Oh wait, we are not allowed to. And btw, this 2.6m rooster is perfect for gac and it isnt worth to go 4m gp.(ps for bringing his rooster into the discussion, he doesnt know about this)

Such a shame he can only get CAT after one year.

Found this guildmate of yours and what I can say is they'll have a time of the thermal detonators feat. They have options to not go for that but they are also going to miss the 14 battles with a full squad of Sith. Not saying they won't actually get a decent way in with that roster, but feat completion will be challenging for some and you may not end up with that many more CAT shards than normal. This seems to be the main argument.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    it is just a simple fact: perfect roster for GAC and Arena, but not for TB or Conquest.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    My guild mate had completed the final box for conquest normal. Even beaten the final slkr boss with padme team. It can be done.

After these rounds of conquest, only 90 shards of CAT??

Do you understand my frustration?
    This situation is coming from a ftp account with excellent resource management.

Change the rules, why stick by it?
    People are calling out for buff and nerf for executor…

Oh noo, dont change it for conquest…

People just dislike losing so much they want to limit those at the top :) Well, shame on you guys.

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    i totally understand you!
    it really **** not being able to get R8 materials with my guild i was 3 years in. i had to move on to a better guild for getting R8 materials.
    this sucks too!

i was also frustrated not being able to achieve the last crate at last conquest because selecting the wrong discs and having no points left to switch them.

this game has a lot of frustationpoints, but on the other site there als a lot funny things to do.

there are limitations and reqs you have to achieve to go on in this game. yes, with the changes due to GLs at some point you have to farm for a GLs to be competitve.

BUT for a new player it shouldnt be the main focus, because at someday you come to a point, where you need a well balanced roster. TBs, TWs, Crancor, Events.

nice for you being so focused but you are not a regular player with this high focus.
    you also will come to a point where you have to bloat your roster.

i only can imagine the whole aggressions and hate for CG if you let player choose hard mode once they completed normal mode and being stuck for 2 weeks on a certain level.

with your roster you wont be able to complete Hard Mode or even get a better crate. you can´t complete the feats or with bad RNG you wont get any good datadisks and then you cant go on at some point.

yes, with good luck, a lot for crystals for energy refresh and items from scavenger you can proceed very well. but this is not the intention of conquest burning a stash of crystals an rushing with one team through all stages.

the could lower the MinGP to 3Mio, because nowadays a 3 MioGP roster has a lot potential and a wide range.

but only beating normal mode once and unlocking hard mode is too careless.
    and this is not meant to be a vet-only-gamemode. it is meant to be a new type of event bringing joy for two weeks.
  • Options
    People just dislike losing so much they want to limit those at the top :) Well, shame on you guys.

Top of Arena ? You compete against players who started with you. Top of GAC ? There is matchmaking. You dont compete with veteran players who have access to hard mode in pvp (or do you ? I may be wrong here).

You gained an advantage in GAC and in Arena thks to your excellent resource management (congrats, no sarcasm intended), and maybe the help of a guild above your level. Having access to hard mode (so easier access to R8 and to key characters) will widen the gap between you and other players at your level who chose a different roster strategy (which was not a bad strategy regarding Conquest, because you dont have access to conquest until 4m GP).

So actually, by having early access to hard mode, you will limit those at the top with you.
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    It is so common for ftp players to reach top of their arena shards as long as they play it right. So many alts doing that…

So many accounts with one Gl around 3m gp…
    In fact, you will meet one Gl around 80% of the time in GAC…

Your opinion is flawed :)

Having access to hard mode conquest only allows ftp player to stay competitive.

Well, i kraken or whale if i need to, not that it really matters that much to me.

Access to hard mode conquest will benefit everyone, not just certain people as you say
  • Options
    Keep the opinions coming.
    I like how it is me just me vs everyone. Try let me speechless
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    these are just not only opinions, these are all common facts we are giving to you.

so you say ftp player stay competitive but you also whale out if you need to, so what is correct? are u ftp or a mini whale?

competitive to who? to an other 1.5 MioGP Player? didnt knew the other one could do hard mode on conquest and you not. yes, this is not fair.

sry to say that to you, but your opinion is just wrong. you are not what a normal player at 1.5 MioGP looks like. for me, it seems like you are just bored with your whaled toons.

yes, this sucks. but thats not the problem of the community. its a problem for few players. everybody stays competitive. every player under 4 MioGP can max out normald mode. nobody gets better rewards.

in GAC - a 3.9 MioGP could have a disadvantage by having an opponent with 4 MioGP.

so now? write a new speech an convince the whole community
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Keep the opinions coming.
    I like how it is me just me vs everyone. Try let me speechless

But it's not, we dont have control, and some of us are just trying to explain that there are many reasons for the rules and it's not just about what a player may be able to do.

It's a simple fact that they dont necessarily want players to build a roster to specific game modes, and be able to do "everything". This is a fair rule by many accounts, since players face other players by GP or start date, which puts them in the same boat.

This was a very intentional design and it is not likely to change, no matter what your opinion is on it.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Having access to hard mode conquest only allows ftp player to stay competitive.

Competitive with who ? Whales that you meet in arena and gac who also don’t have access to conquest ?That’s the main point I (and I guess others) don’t understand.
This discussion has been closed.